Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

What openbor you prefer: Double dragon,battletoads or final fight !? by lirexpatrio
[December 07, 2012, 07:15:27 pm]

what are your favorite games OpenBOR?! by lirexpatrio
[December 07, 2012, 07:09:46 pm]

Post Some Awesome Videos by maxman
[December 07, 2012, 05:51:39 pm]

Can @cmd playmusic "aaaa" 1 also increse music sound ? by BeasTie
[December 07, 2012, 05:24:38 pm]

Streets of Rage: Silent Storm by mtrain
[December 07, 2012, 03:45:05 pm]

Site will be down for maintenance on 12/8/2012 thru 12/10/2012 by Damon Caskey
[December 07, 2012, 07:42:42 am]

Cancelled SOR 3d Remake by riccochet
[December 07, 2012, 03:58:33 am]

Dungeon Fighter: B.O.R. by msmalik681
[December 07, 2012, 03:24:27 am]

[TUTORIAL] How to create 4 Games of OpenBOR in 1 CD (650 MB) by magggas
[December 06, 2012, 09:46:25 pm]

custknife by Bloodbane
[December 06, 2012, 09:34:09 pm]

blockfx help by B.Kardi
[December 06, 2012, 04:09:14 pm]

street of age 4 hd by corradlo
[December 06, 2012, 01:41:36 pm]

ClaFan - Classic Fantasy ver 1.17 by soniczxblade
[December 06, 2012, 05:01:20 am]

Bug Archive by Bloodbane
[December 06, 2012, 02:00:44 am]

"Bio-Doom" and "Gears of Doom" by BulletBob
[December 05, 2012, 10:07:21 pm]

Contra Locked 'N' Loaded v2 by Bloodbane
[December 05, 2012, 09:39:43 pm]

Downloadable OpenBoR Manual by BeasTie
[December 05, 2012, 08:31:24 pm]

Having trouble testing changes by B.Kardi
[December 05, 2012, 03:05:53 pm]

DragonBall Absalon by msmalik681
[December 05, 2012, 02:52:13 pm]

[Hi-Res] Swamp by Vibrant
[December 05, 2012, 10:47:14 am]

• Dot Guests: 161
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

Author Topic: OpenBoR Basic Tutorials  (Read 11590 times)

Offline Vyck_St.Judas

Re: OpenBoR Basic Tutorials
« Reply #15 on: November 14, 2009, 06:18:29 pm »
i've been pulling my remaining hair out for weeks now trying to figure out why i couldn't get this to work. i kept getting this error message:
Unable to load file ' '
i wound up figuring out the problem. it was in the platform header. I'll paste the working version here.

name      pform The name of the entity i was using
type      none
shadow      0
facing      1
antigravity   100

anim idle
   loop   1 the source of my difficulty, i'll explain below
   delay   1
   offset   1 1
   platform  1 1 0 0 32 32 32 32 my platform's properties
   frame   data/chars/misc/ticon.gif the image path i'm using

The Image i'm using is a single pixel in size, set to the transparent color i'm using. i think it should save some memory, even if it is negligible.
I noticed that without the LOOP command in place and set to 1 the mod would crash. also seeing as its just one frame set to loop infinitely, it doesn't need a 100 centi-second length delay.
another thing is that its just as Bloodbane mentioned.
When you spawn an entity in the level.txt, it's from the leftmost point of your background to the offset point of the entity you're spawning. for platforms the offset point is the leftmost corner the platform. if you're creating platforms using a blank entity remember to accurately
measure how long the platform in your background is, or you'll wind up falling through them unexpectedly.
Thanks for reading, I hope this helps the next guy.   

lbf

« Reply #16 on: November 14, 2009, 07:50:36 pm »
there are a couple of things that can be causing this issue for you Vyck but... I think it might be the fact that you need a blank line at the end of your file.

After the line:  frame   data/chars/misc/ticon.gif

hit return a couple of times, then save the file, then try to run openbor again.  This is one of the more elusive issues in Openbor

Other things you might wanna look for is making sure the path to your pform file is correct in models.txt

And make sure the folder containing the file and the file itself doesn't have a name that is more that 8 characters long (not including .txt extension)

If you have breached your threshold of patience then send the file to me and I will try to solve your prob.  good luck :peace:

Offline Yurac

• Banned
« Reply #17 on: March 11, 2010, 03:00:57 am »
JUST WHAT PROGRAM DO I NEED TO DOWNLOAD TO EDIT?! THIS SITE IS FREAKING SHITTING ME I SWEAR, NOT EVEN 1 TUTORIAL THAT SAYS WHAT PROGRAM I NEED TO EDIT FIRST, THEY GO DIRECTLY TO THE CASE; STUPID

Offline spawn

• john morrison
« Reply #18 on: March 11, 2010, 06:36:09 am »
JUST WHAT PROGRAM DO I NEED TO DOWNLOAD TO EDIT?! THIS SITE IS FREAKING SHITTING ME I SWEAR, NOT EVEN 1 TUTORIAL THAT SAYS WHAT PROGRAM I NEED TO EDIT FIRST, THEY GO DIRECTLY TO THE CASE; STUPID
Hey,a hint of advice.Loss the CAPS or you will regret it.Maybe if you asked in a better manner you would get your answer.

*EDITED*ohh my bad looks like you already do regret it.If you ever return i have uploaded the program you need,just rename you pak file,BOR.pak to edit mods.
If your trying to make your own you need to download the NeoGeoEdit.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2010, 06:45:58 am by spawn »

Offline BeasTie

Custom Palette Tutorial
« Reply #19 on: November 15, 2012, 02:17:30 am »
Reposting this tutorial, although it's old, the same question is asked every week. We need something to link too.
-----------------------------------------------------------
PLEASE NOTE !!-
- THIS TUTORIAL IS OUTDATED!
- OpenBoR can use 256 color palettes!
- YOU NO LONGER NEED TO USE A MASTER PALETTE UNLESS YOU ONLY WANT TO USE 8-BIT MODE
- THIS PROCESS CAN BE DONE FOR INDIVIDUAL ENTITIES INSTEAD WHEN USING 16/32 BIT MODES.
-----------------------------------------------------------
Creating A Custom Palette

A very quick tutorial to create custom palette and apply it to stages in BoR.
By drikobruschi

Step 1. Open a new image and paste ALL your heroes and enemies there, like a big char screenshot.

Step 2. Convert this char-image to Indexed Color (Image-Mode-Indexed Color).
Disable Dither and Matte, set Forced to None and choose Exact in Pallet.
This will give you a custom pallet. Try getting a max of 128 colors, so that you could still use other 128 to backgrounds.
(PLEASE NOTE IN 16BIT MODE BACKGROUND IMAGES CAN HAVE THEIR OWN PALETTE)

Step 3. This is you color table. Now you need to set transparent color (pink) to 1st position.
In this case all you gotta do is changing spots 1 and 6. Copy hex-color-code from 1 to 6 and from 6 to 1.
PLEASE NOTE THAT THE TRANSPARENT COLOR, INDEX 0 COULD BE ANY COLOR YOU CHOOSE,
THE COMMONLY USED PINK IS RGB 252, 0, 255)

Step 4. That's the pallet for chars with transparent set ok. This pallet will be applied to all your chars and items. Don't worry about char-image getting that color in background. Simple hit Save and save your pallet to a .ACT file in your HD.

Step 5. Now let's do pallet for background. In this case is a background which will not use more color-spots than we left in table, so a exact looking pallet will be designed.
Paste all you background, panels and front panels in one single image.

Step 6. Set Indexed Color, disable Matte and Dither, set Pallet to Exact and set forced to Custom, where you'll load you custom .ACT you've just saved.
Hit OK and there you have it. A full level with all same colors as original! Just cut pieces, save as GIF and put in your MOD :)

Step 7. This is for backgrounds with more color than you've left in color table.
eg: in our case, the char pallet is 84 color and the background has 183 colors. That's more than 256!

Step 8. A way to handle this situation is using selective/adaptive/perceptual pallet. Set Pallet to one of 3 modes and set Forced to your custom pallet.
Then you can set max of color you wanna show. Hit OK and there you have it! Almost perfect looking color stage. Not cooler than using exact mode, but you don't loose much.

« Last Edit: November 15, 2012, 03:38:00 am by BeasTie »

0%

mighty
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal