Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

What openbor you prefer: Double dragon,battletoads or final fight !? by lirexpatrio
[December 07, 2012, 07:15:27 pm]

what are your favorite games OpenBOR?! by lirexpatrio
[December 07, 2012, 07:09:46 pm]

Post Some Awesome Videos by maxman
[December 07, 2012, 05:51:39 pm]

Can @cmd playmusic "aaaa" 1 also increse music sound ? by BeasTie
[December 07, 2012, 05:24:38 pm]

Streets of Rage: Silent Storm by mtrain
[December 07, 2012, 03:45:05 pm]

Site will be down for maintenance on 12/8/2012 thru 12/10/2012 by Damon Caskey
[December 07, 2012, 07:42:42 am]

Cancelled SOR 3d Remake by riccochet
[December 07, 2012, 03:58:33 am]

Dungeon Fighter: B.O.R. by msmalik681
[December 07, 2012, 03:24:27 am]

[TUTORIAL] How to create 4 Games of OpenBOR in 1 CD (650 MB) by magggas
[December 06, 2012, 09:46:25 pm]

custknife by Bloodbane
[December 06, 2012, 09:34:09 pm]

blockfx help by B.Kardi
[December 06, 2012, 04:09:14 pm]

street of age 4 hd by corradlo
[December 06, 2012, 01:41:36 pm]

ClaFan - Classic Fantasy ver 1.17 by soniczxblade
[December 06, 2012, 05:01:20 am]

Bug Archive by Bloodbane
[December 06, 2012, 02:00:44 am]

"Bio-Doom" and "Gears of Doom" by BulletBob
[December 05, 2012, 10:07:21 pm]

Contra Locked 'N' Loaded v2 by Bloodbane
[December 05, 2012, 09:39:43 pm]

Downloadable OpenBoR Manual by BeasTie
[December 05, 2012, 08:31:24 pm]

Having trouble testing changes by B.Kardi
[December 05, 2012, 03:05:53 pm]

DragonBall Absalon by msmalik681
[December 05, 2012, 02:52:13 pm]

[Hi-Res] Swamp by Vibrant
[December 05, 2012, 10:47:14 am]

• Dot Guests: 166
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

Author Topic: obeditor tool  (Read 30645 times)

Offline gringo

• Developer
Re: The new tool : obeditor released !
« Reply #15 on: October 31, 2008, 02:05:15 pm »

Also i found something about attacks , we have attack1attack2,attack3 etc and they are supported in your editor but ,if ill put attack2 and some values and then i put attack 0 0 0 0 0 0 to disable this attack then attack2 is still displayed in editor on other frames and is not canceled by attack 0 0 0 0 0 , this could be fixed  , i think attack 0 0 0 0 0 cancels all attacks(attack1,2,3,4 etc).
Before doing any modification, i need someone to confirm that setting attack to 0 disable ALL attacks boxes. Currently setting attackN to 0 disable only all next cloned attackN.

- most important from the ones i will mention i think is ability to manually move whole gif ,to set the offset.Or maybe i can move it right now ? I want to change offset without having fun with numbers but with moving whole gif frame with my mouse (but also some safe implementation of this cause we could accidentally move gif file and forgot what was the original offset).
I don't understand. You can actually set the offset graphically by clicking in the animation box where you want the offset and click "->Offset" after that. Isn't it enough ?

- how about clone bbox and clone attack box from previous frame ? I edited some attacks and i had to draw attack boxes for all frames , editor didnt cloned them automatically to other frames(like it does with bboxes).But it could be nice if editor would clone them like bboxes (until attack 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 cancels them of course).
Cloning of Attack Box work as far as i know.

-frame number somewhere (i have similar frames sometimes and by pressing arrows left right i dont know on which one i am until i scroll to them),maybe after delay or before delay ,there is space for Frame number in this place on editor.
-When i set editor to show All attack boxes then i cant edit them , if i have attack3 or attack2 then i must search them manually to be able to edit them.So ability to edit attack boxes when all are visible.
Good idea.

-When i set editor to show All attack boxes then i cant edit them , if i have attack3 or attack2 then i must search them manually to be able to edit them.So ability to edit attack boxes when all are visible.
I try to put the name of the box on screen so you can know which one you wanna change. I don't see how i could do to edit 10 attack boxes in the same time, that's why editing is disable.

- visible remaps , but they arent that important imo.
Yes, it's a missing thing. It's already in the TODO list. But it will take some time to implement it....

I wrote a doc accessible via the "?" menu that explain all capabilities of the program.
Obeditor latest version 1.5.9
obeditor-linux, obeditor-windows obeditor-sources

Offline bWWd

« Reply #16 on: October 31, 2008, 03:15:14 pm »
Ah this offset thing , i think axis would be better than circle for setting offset. 
I couldnt clone attack box cause i had it set in next frame.So leave it its ok right now :)

As for editing 10 attack box in the same time , i dont think you can have 2 different attacks in the same time in engine.So why it would screw something ? But its written att2 ,att3 etc. so it could stay like it is right now too.

How about clone button for boxes ? So when you press clone button then it would draw rectangle on current bbox or attack box for you (when you press clone once it would draw on current bbox to clone its size and if press second time then it would draw on attack box if it exist),then you could assign it to bbox or attack box.
Its easy to draw them manually by hand but would be faster with clone or copy button.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2008, 03:21:46 pm by bWWd »

Offline SX

• Administrator
    • LavaLit
« Reply #17 on: October 31, 2008, 03:35:53 pm »
Gringo, create a sourceforge account and PM me the name so I can add you in as a developer to the OpenBOR project so we can add your project to SVN Account.

Offline bWWd

« Reply #18 on: October 31, 2008, 04:09:53 pm »
Could you add something like a ground/floor to the animation window ? So we could see better how our character will be displayed on the ground , even something simple like this :
http://img372.imageshack.us/my.php?image=clipboard1ou6.png

I wondering why even mugen editors dont have this , it helps to setup offsets nd prevent floating in animations.

When i zoom in , how i can move the frame up,down to see lower part of the picture ?

I will check if attack 0 0 0 0 0 0 cancels all attacks blasts and other types right now.
But by logic it should cancel all, also blast 0 0 0 0 0 should cancel different attacks cause you cant have two different attacks in one animation so blast 0 0 0 0 0 overwrites  attacks.
- Yes its confirmed , i tested and any 0 0 0 0 0 0 values in attack,blast,shock will overwrite any other attack and set to 0 0 0 0 0 0.
So blast 0 0 0 0 0 will cancel attack1,2,3,4 ,shock,burn etc . and attack2 0 0 0 0 0 will cancel any others too.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2008, 04:33:39 pm by bWWd »

Offline MCW

• BOR = Beats Of Rage
« Reply #19 on: October 31, 2008, 05:44:14 pm »
Very good obeditor. Thank you for create and share the editor.

Move and movea can play in preview mode.

I hope you can also add jumpframe, flipframe, movez, drawmethod and nodrawmethod to work in preview mode.

EDIT
Before doing any modification, i need someone to confirm that setting attack to 0 disable ALL attacks boxes. Currently setting attackN to 0 disable only all next cloned attackN.

Yes. Input attack 0 will disable previous frame attackbox and clone to next all frame if no new attackbox is set. Every attacks like attack#, burn, freeze, shock, blast in next frame will overwrite previous frame attackbox.

« Last Edit: October 31, 2008, 06:06:03 pm by MCW »

Be a Good Reader,
Read the post from first word until to the last.

Offline bWWd

« Reply #20 on: October 31, 2008, 07:07:01 pm »
I think adding jumpframe or drawmethod will be a little bit tough task.but i just guessing.
I personally would prefere onion skin in animation window.
something like this:
http://www.kingtommy.com/tutorials/images/frame_by_frame_3_onion_skin.JPG
But this editor is complete in my opinion in its current form.
I really enjoy working with it , its a pleasure to edit those bboxes and i didnt liked to edit them and leaved this task to the end.But now with this editor its completely different.Looks great ,works great.

Offline gringo

• Developer
« Reply #21 on: November 01, 2008, 08:47:37 am »

I hope you can also add jumpframe, flipframe, movez, drawmethod and nodrawmethod to work in preview mode.
- Flip frame is very doable.
- movez .... mmh, it was intended to be a 2D design. I can do it, but the result will make movea and movez confusing. Perhaps with a "enable movez" button ?
- drawmethod-nodrawmethod : i've try to use drawmethod myself, but the reasult was understandable (the image move to an unpredictable place :wow!:). If somebody explain me how it work, i can make it work.
- jumpframe : i'm not fully confident in the ob engine, so correct me if i'm wrong. When jumpframe is set to 2 (example), the at frame 2 the engine make the entity jump. As a result, the move of the entity is not only calculate from the frames data, but also from the gravity functions of the ob engine. So i need to understand the gravity function of the engine to be able to implement the jumpframe feature ?

Yes. Input attack 0 will disable previous frame attackbox and clone to next all frame if no new attackbox is set. Every attacks like attack#, burn, freeze, shock, blast in next frame will overwrite previous frame attackbox.
Ok, i got it. I was wrong. I thought that i frame could have multiple attack boxes at the same time. That explain the posts of bWWd.
I'll try to repair things accordingly.
But what is the point of having more than one attack box ?

Could you add something like a ground/floor to the animation window ? So we could see better how our character will be displayed on the ground , even something simple like this :
Yes doable. But, what the point if the "ground line" is always at the same y-coord as the offset cross ?? For the movea, an altitude arrow is drawn for this purpose.
But, if combined with MCW request for the movez, then it could be interesting to have :
.The initial ground line (say in blue)
.The current ground line (say in green )
. The altitude arrow (or not, cause it's double use with the ground line)
Comments ?

I personally would prefere onion skin in animation window.
Sorry (you know...my english level :-[), i don't understand what is onion skin.

Offline bWWd

« Reply #22 on: November 01, 2008, 09:21:30 am »
"But what is the point of having more than one attack box ?" - well you cant have 2 attack boxes in the same time , but you can have 2 of them one after another in different frames.Like for example shock in frame 2 and burn in frame 3,freeze in frame 4 etc.Maybe they need to be canceled or fastattack need to be added to make them work.

I would ike to see the line as the floor instead of simple axis.With line its more simple to see exactly where the floor is , with axis its possible too but harder sometimes.Purpose is to see the ground better ,its that simple.Axis is too small for this imo but used constantly in similar programs, i think axis like this -------+-------- would be better than simple and small +.

Onion skin is useful to see how looks previous frame in animation cause it looks like a ghost frame ,its transparent behind current frame, and frame before current frame is 75% transparent , frame 2 frames before current is 50% transparent , and third frame before current could be 25% transparent.You can set how many previous frames you can see ,one ,two or three previous frames of animation.Its implemented in MCM mugen character editor and you can see how it looks if you have some SFF mugen sprite file.
MCM - http://mug0.hp.infoseek.co.jp/mcm.htm
Also in MCM you can move whole frame with mouse and would be great if obeditor had similar function when you click on frame and move it with right mouse button (the one which draws circle to set offset).But i imagine it would be harder to code.
And how about zooming ? I cant zoom and scroll down to see lower part of my frame.So scrolling during zoom isnt implemented yet i guess ?

Offline gringo

• Developer
« Reply #23 on: November 01, 2008, 11:23:48 am »
"But what is the point of having more than one attack box ?" - well you cant have 2 attack boxes in the same time , but you can have 2 of them one after another in different frames.Like for example shock in frame 2 and burn in frame 3,freeze in frame 4 etc.Maybe they need to be canceled or fastattack need to be added to make them work.
Ok, that so i made lots of things wrong in the editor. I will try to fix these.

I would ike to see the line as the floor instead of simple axis.With line its more simple to see exactly where the floor is , with axis its possible too but harder sometimes.Purpose is to see the ground better ,its that simple.Axis is too small for this imo but used constantly in similar programs, i think axis like this -------+-------- would be better than simple and small +.
Very possible, i'll do it.

About onion skin : ok, i see what is it, but no, although everybody scream for it, i don't wanna to it, it's to much trouble.

Also in MCM you can move whole frame with mouse and would be great if obeditor had similar function when you click on frame and move it with right mouse button (the one which draws circle to set offset).But i imagine it would be harder to code.
Not that harder, as nothing is actually done with the right button on the animation box, why not.

And how about zooming ? I cant zoom and scroll down to see lower part of my frame.So scrolling during zoom isnt implemented yet i guess ?
No it isn't, and i don't see why doing it : the zooming feature is here to permit users to fit the animation in there screen. If you wanna see small part of your image, you have image editors for this. But perhaps i don't see why you need this ?

When i've got time for it, i'll do these modifications.

Offline bWWd

« Reply #24 on: November 01, 2008, 11:38:00 am »
itjust when i zoom in close then i can see my character head ,and torso but not legs , when i would like to see legs and axis closer then i cant do it.
Yeah onion skin is too much trouble and specifically for animation programs.
Moving frame with right mouse button would be nice :)
Thanks for great tool.For me its very good like it is now.No problems with animations ,editing is smart indeed and i didnt lost any commands in txt files.
Oh , and how about button to open txt file even in external editor ? Single button so we could press it and it would open txt file and we could edit it in notepad then save.
It would save some time cause now we have to browse and find those txt files of every entity.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2008, 11:59:14 am by bWWd »

Offline gringo

• Developer
« Reply #25 on: November 01, 2008, 11:47:15 am »
Oh , and how about button to open txt file even in external editor ? Single button so we could press it and it would open txt file and we could edit it in notepad then save.
It would save some time cause now we have to browse and find those txt files of every entity.
Why not

Offline bWWd

« Reply #26 on: November 01, 2008, 11:55:32 am »
Here is how zooming looks in my window:
http://img150.imageshack.us/my.php?image=clipboard1vm9.png

I would prefere to see axis area  - not head and torso only or only head and neck, so maybe you could change something and when you zoom in then axis is always visible and you can see whole character.Legs are more important to see when you zoom and you want to set accurate offset on animations.
But dont put axis in the center of the window to view animation, just put it slightly above the bottom of the window with frames(the one with small frames displayed.)
And of course those are just suggestions , not requests.It works great like it is now too.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2008, 11:59:26 am by bWWd »

Offline bWWd

« Reply #27 on: November 01, 2008, 12:06:16 pm »
Oh i found something ,small mistake in bor manual ,also in your editor too :
http://img134.imageshack.us/my.php?image=clipboard2ot8.png

You see "DMGS" value ? Its not for damage or anything like that , its for knockdown or non knockdown attack , somebody changed something in manual i dont know why and what for ? Anyway first 4 numbers are width and height ,then its amount of power to be taken by attack , and then is knock/non knockdown attack value (1 or 0).So it could be just like "UNBLOCKABLE" AND "NOFLASH" ,so you would click on it to disable or enable knockdown during this attack.
If knockdown is 0 then enemy will play pain and if its 1 then enemy plays fall animation.

Offline bWWd

« Reply #28 on: November 01, 2008, 12:40:38 pm »
Ill vote to make this thread sticky.

Offline gringo

• Developer
« Reply #29 on: November 01, 2008, 02:28:07 pm »
Here is how zooming looks in my window:
http://img150.imageshack.us/my.php?image=clipboard1vm9.png
I know that, but actually i won't do the moving you ask. Just dezoom to see your character entirely.

* {damage} determines how much damage the attack does. Setting it to 0 also works. Great for making launchers, slams and paralyze attacks.

* {power} is an integer value that determines how strong the knockdown effect of this attack. 0 means no knockdown, 1 means knockdown level 1, etc. This is used in conjunction with 'knockdowncount' (see above).

That's what i found in the manual, and accoding to it, damage and power are integers value. Who's mistaken ?

0%

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal