Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

What openbor you prefer: Double dragon,battletoads or final fight !? by lirexpatrio
[December 07, 2012, 07:15:27 pm]

what are your favorite games OpenBOR?! by lirexpatrio
[December 07, 2012, 07:09:46 pm]

Post Some Awesome Videos by maxman
[December 07, 2012, 05:51:39 pm]

Can @cmd playmusic "aaaa" 1 also increse music sound ? by BeasTie
[December 07, 2012, 05:24:38 pm]

Streets of Rage: Silent Storm by mtrain
[December 07, 2012, 03:45:05 pm]

Site will be down for maintenance on 12/8/2012 thru 12/10/2012 by Damon Caskey
[December 07, 2012, 07:42:42 am]

Cancelled SOR 3d Remake by riccochet
[December 07, 2012, 03:58:33 am]

Dungeon Fighter: B.O.R. by msmalik681
[December 07, 2012, 03:24:27 am]

[TUTORIAL] How to create 4 Games of OpenBOR in 1 CD (650 MB) by magggas
[December 06, 2012, 09:46:25 pm]

custknife by Bloodbane
[December 06, 2012, 09:34:09 pm]

blockfx help by B.Kardi
[December 06, 2012, 04:09:14 pm]

street of age 4 hd by corradlo
[December 06, 2012, 01:41:36 pm]

ClaFan - Classic Fantasy ver 1.17 by soniczxblade
[December 06, 2012, 05:01:20 am]

Bug Archive by Bloodbane
[December 06, 2012, 02:00:44 am]

"Bio-Doom" and "Gears of Doom" by BulletBob
[December 05, 2012, 10:07:21 pm]

Contra Locked 'N' Loaded v2 by Bloodbane
[December 05, 2012, 09:39:43 pm]

Downloadable OpenBoR Manual by BeasTie
[December 05, 2012, 08:31:24 pm]

Having trouble testing changes by B.Kardi
[December 05, 2012, 03:05:53 pm]

DragonBall Absalon by msmalik681
[December 05, 2012, 02:52:13 pm]

[Hi-Res] Swamp by Vibrant
[December 05, 2012, 10:47:14 am]

• Dot Guests: 9
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

Author Topic: Sega Brawlers Megamix  (Read 94825 times)

Offline DJGameFreakTheIguana

• Credit to Vyck_St.Judas, Edited by me.
Sega Brawlers Megamix
« on: March 17, 2009, 11:32:09 am »
(Is now called: Sega Brawlers Megamix)

Shortly after the release of the Chaotix Rage and Cosmic Damage demos, I started on this, an arcade version of my sega mod, and by arcade, i mean you play this to get to the end, but to play for the fun of it, like repeatdidly playing Multiplayer in something like Super Smash Bros. or Onimusha Blade warriors because it was fun.
anyway I find myself Playing it this more than working on it so I'll doing the final touches on it and releasing the demo. it will be Updated with new levels and chars frequently and won't be a full mod, it will end at some point in the final Mod. this is also to basicly plan ahead, like how the mod will be set up, and what scripts I'll need, I also learned that Enemies will actually use combos like players, but sometimes(mostly the Battletaods) will repeatedly smack you around, so i'll use the follow command to stop that from happening.

EDIT:
I've been getting a lot of questions and suggestions about who I'm putting in this game. I'm not bothered by it, but I figure it's bout time I show yall who I'm planing on adding in this Piece. I've went through every Sega related sprite sheet I had, looked at their sprites and see how I can make them work. and now I will show you almost all the characters I'm adding, cause some I'd like to keep top secret. It would take my all day to complete the list, so I'll update it, hopefully a few chars per day. This is what I've got so far, and remember, not all of these characters are owned by Sega but did have a game or 2 on the Genesis or any other Sega console and not too many after the Genesis era passed:
Spoiler

Download Page
« Last Edit: July 20, 2012, 01:48:26 am by DJGameFreakTheIguana »

Offline NickyP

• You know, that guy with the pet drum?
    • Personal OpenBOR site.
Re: Sega Genesis Smash Brawler
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2009, 02:09:41 pm »
But I don't get it, like how does it work? You pick a character and take out the other characters? Do they change depending on who you selected? Is this the product of the melee engine we were discussing once upon a time?

« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2009, 02:16:43 pm »
Sort of, for now there's only 2 brawls modes(8 at a time or Everyone at once) and a small Arcade mode where you go 1on1 with some of the chars, more will spawn if more than 1 are playing.
but like i said, this will be updated Frequently(weeks at a time maybe) so I'll ad more to keep the game fun, more stages chars, Bonus rounds just to see how far your willing to take your self, like the old arcade games, except you actually have a choice to.

Offline Die_In_Fire

• Where eagles dare!
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2009, 04:35:08 pm »
sounds a lot of fun!!!

I want to do something similar for my mod, but only with river city ransom chars = kakutou densetsu. but with 4 teams fighting each other (each team with 2 members, so 8 fighters at the same time)

I will be waiting for a demo!!!!

« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2009, 05:43:30 pm »
well that last stuff shouldn't take long, I just need to make redo the sperate txt files for the enemies and the first demo will be done, but I'm not to sure on their Icons but I'll go with it for now.

EDIT:
Thanks to Cuchara for info and permission, All 4 Rick Taylors from his Splatterhouse trilogy mods will be featured in this Mod :cheers!:
« Last Edit: March 17, 2009, 06:38:22 pm by DJGameFreakTheIguana »

« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2009, 11:59:28 am »
MUSIC UPDATE:
Thanks to fyrecow on youtube, all music ingame will be from the Madworld game tracks intill the real MP3s are out(or on youtube)
I'm only postin one of the songs since you can cycle threw them yourself.
MadWorld Gamerip: Ox - Breathe
MadWorld Gamerip:  Ox - Breathe
Yep, if you don't like rap, your ears will be up S*** Creek wit out Earplugs unless you turn the valume down, but one of the tracks that I already had on there goes with the game niclely.

« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2009, 08:43:51 pm »
Here's some more screens:

The Icons will be fixed before release.

Offline Crimefighters2

• Double Dragon Advance, kicks ***.
« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2009, 12:03:23 pm »
Sort of, for now there's only 2 brawls modes(8 at a time or Everyone at once) and a small Arcade mode where you go 1on1 with some of the chars, more will spawn if more than 1 are playing.
but like i said
, this will be updated Frequently(weeks at a time maybe) so I'll ad more to keep the game fun, more stages chars, Bonus rounds just to see how far your willing to take your self, like the old arcade games, except you actually have a choice to.

This sounds like a great idea DJGameFreak!? I think it could be really great esp if you expand on co op VS waves of enemies that spawn like a survival mode or something.

I really like the Idea of a MegaDrive VS game, I would really like Shinobi in there if possible?

I would suggest you make the moves easy,  It might bring a lot of attention to OBOR if you do it right, so far it looks pretty impressive, like the screenshots.

EWJ for the win.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2009, 12:08:47 pm by Crimefighters2 »
Play Crime Busters latest version, Nightslashers X, 8man and Return of Double Dragon.

Re: Sega Genesis Mega Brawler
« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2009, 12:07:35 pm »
Thanks alot for your comment :cheers!:
I would really like Shinobi in there if possible?
Shinobi eh, I'll have to look it up on youtube, BTW how many games of this were for the sega Genisis/Megadrive. If i find good sprites I'll had whoever is playable :)
Only thing I can think of is not to go too overboard and make the moves easy
Well if they have more than 3 FreeSpecials then the rest are mapped to - up down attack - or so.

Offline Crimefighters2

« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2009, 12:18:00 pm »
Shinobi eh, I'll have to look it up on youtube, BTW how many games of this were for the sega Genisis/Megadrive. If i find good sprites I'll had whoever is playable :)

He had 3 games on the MD, I think Shinobi III: Return of the Ninja Master, would have the best sprites, you should try it out, really cool series.

Well if they have more than 3 FreeSpecials then the rest are mapped to - up down attack - or so.
Sounds like you got it worked out, :) good luck on your really cool project DJGameFreak I hope all goes well.
Play Crime Busters latest version, Nightslashers X, 8man and Return of Double Dragon.

Offline Hanzo

• One for Da Hood
« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2009, 12:19:25 pm »
Looks nice my homie but you need to fix the offsets on them

Keepin it Old School

« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2009, 12:21:48 pm »
When I saw the first game, I had my doubts, but I skipped over to the 3rd video and yeah, he's in, and i did find his sprites :)
since he's a request, He'll be be added in the next char update after(or with) sonic ;) depending how fast i work.

Looks nice my homie but you need to fix the offsets on them
If you mean the Icons, I'm working on them now.
If the shadows, I'm changin' them to GFXShadows.

Offline Crimefighters2

« Reply #12 on: March 20, 2009, 12:47:06 pm »
When I saw the first game, I had my doubts, but I skipped over to the 3rd video and yeah, he's in, and i did find his sprites :)
since he's a request, He'll be be added in the next char update after(or with) sonic ;) depending how fast i work.

Awesome, well take your time, I must add that I really like idea of the Toads as playable charas.

« Reply #13 on: March 20, 2009, 12:47:42 pm »
Here's a video, It isn't Processed yet so You'll have to come back and check:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8hwtrx__KPo#
Gotta go home. Peace out.

Offline 2kyle2

• My Youtube
« Reply #14 on: March 20, 2009, 04:43:42 pm »
Damn Sega has too many characters... seriously, they make at least 2 new characters for every new Sonic game... and they make like 2 of those a year. Then they have all of their other characters.. damn...
Spoiler

0%

mighty
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal