Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

What openbor you prefer: Double dragon,battletoads or final fight !? by lirexpatrio
[December 07, 2012, 07:15:27 pm]

what are your favorite games OpenBOR?! by lirexpatrio
[December 07, 2012, 07:09:46 pm]

Post Some Awesome Videos by maxman
[December 07, 2012, 05:51:39 pm]

Can @cmd playmusic "aaaa" 1 also increse music sound ? by BeasTie
[December 07, 2012, 05:24:38 pm]

Streets of Rage: Silent Storm by mtrain
[December 07, 2012, 03:45:05 pm]

Site will be down for maintenance on 12/8/2012 thru 12/10/2012 by Damon Caskey
[December 07, 2012, 07:42:42 am]

Cancelled SOR 3d Remake by riccochet
[December 07, 2012, 03:58:33 am]

Dungeon Fighter: B.O.R. by msmalik681
[December 07, 2012, 03:24:27 am]

[TUTORIAL] How to create 4 Games of OpenBOR in 1 CD (650 MB) by magggas
[December 06, 2012, 09:46:25 pm]

custknife by Bloodbane
[December 06, 2012, 09:34:09 pm]

blockfx help by B.Kardi
[December 06, 2012, 04:09:14 pm]

street of age 4 hd by corradlo
[December 06, 2012, 01:41:36 pm]

ClaFan - Classic Fantasy ver 1.17 by soniczxblade
[December 06, 2012, 05:01:20 am]

Bug Archive by Bloodbane
[December 06, 2012, 02:00:44 am]

"Bio-Doom" and "Gears of Doom" by BulletBob
[December 05, 2012, 10:07:21 pm]

Contra Locked 'N' Loaded v2 by Bloodbane
[December 05, 2012, 09:39:43 pm]

Downloadable OpenBoR Manual by BeasTie
[December 05, 2012, 08:31:24 pm]

Having trouble testing changes by B.Kardi
[December 05, 2012, 03:05:53 pm]

DragonBall Absalon by msmalik681
[December 05, 2012, 02:52:13 pm]

[Hi-Res] Swamp by Vibrant
[December 05, 2012, 10:47:14 am]

• Dot Guests: 14
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

Author Topic: Jennifer [PC / PSP Version][+OST]  (Read 38518 times)

Offline jbrodack

Re: Jennifer [PC Version][+OST]
« Reply #30 on: August 27, 2010, 04:02:45 am »
Wow, really impressive mod.  I was just looking to see if there was a trailer and all the sudden its released which was a nice surprise.  I didn't get far but thought I'd post some impressions.

The artwork and atmosphere are amazing.  You really got the feeling of a messed up horror movie down perfect.  I've seen some other gory mods but none with a real messed up disturbing feeling like this.  It all comes together really well. 

The slow start and progression of adding moves add to the game and makes it feel more complete and I thought was a nice touch.  I like that the moves were done with common motions and weren't hard to memorize.  Some mods go a bit too crazy with that.

I did notice some cheapness like enemies juggling me around and maybe some things that could be touched up.  However, this is the best and most exciting mod I've seen since battletodads.

Offline maxman

• I'm a slowpoke in speed.
« Reply #31 on: August 27, 2010, 04:13:52 am »
Oooh... I'm gonna have nightmares once I play this. :scared: Hope this must be scarier than the Grudge. Now it's evening, 7:13 PM. This must be the perfect time to play during night time. Now, this situation is absolutely perfect to fit the time.
Dragon Duo (W.I.P./Outdated demo (2010 version)) (in progress)
Captain Commando (in progress)
Unelmia: Dreamers' Fate (collaborating with contress/taskmaster) (in progress)

Best OpenBOR mods:Spoiler
1. World Heroes Supreme Justice
2. Golden Axe Myth
3. Art of Fighting: Beats of Rage Remix III
4. A Tale of Vengeance
5. Valdivia Ransom City (demo)
6. Sega Brawlers Megamix
7. Super Fightin Spirit
8. Angel-0

Offline NGboo

« Reply #32 on: August 27, 2010, 05:38:00 am »
:wow!:
This is a-must-play for all horror fans. The game is bloody gorgeous! 

Offline Hanzo

• One for Da Hood
« Reply #33 on: August 27, 2010, 08:30:51 am »
gonna download this right now. Awesome job master on your mod buddy.

Keepin it Old School

Offline boss711230

« Reply #34 on: August 27, 2010, 10:35:05 am »
Thanks shares this game picture manufacture attractively completely ;D

Offline Shogun805

« Reply #35 on: August 27, 2010, 11:42:10 am »
Woah, I gotta say... that was one of the best mods I have ever played. I would go as far as to say (In my opinion) it's perhaps one of the best free games of this style on the internet period.I do have some suggestions of things I would prefer though.

1. I think Jennifer should do more damage, I understand that it's all about combos but It can get a little repetitive hitting an average enemy 50 times before he dies.

2.The film grain type effect can be overwhelming at times.

But again, these are just my preferences.

Offline masterderico

« Reply #36 on: August 27, 2010, 04:50:02 pm »
Woah, I gotta say... that was one of the best mods I have ever played. I would go as far as to say (In my opinion) it's perhaps one of the best free games of this style on the internet period.I do have some suggestions of things I would prefer though.

1. I think Jennifer should do more damage, I understand that it's all about combos but It can get a little repetitive hitting an average enemy 50 times before he dies.

That's ok dude!
Thanks alot for the feedback!

;)

Offline MadGear

• The Ultimate Team
« Reply #37 on: August 27, 2010, 06:11:51 pm »
The game sure looks interesting ;) Will give it a try soon.

Offline Shogun805

« Reply #38 on: August 27, 2010, 08:53:35 pm »

That's ok dude!

;)

You are very welcome man. I really think you should make more like this, I know it takes alot of time but it would be epic.Maybe a sequel with a male character who is somehow related.I just think that in horror the female protagonist is overdone time and time again.

Offline masterderico

« Reply #39 on: August 28, 2010, 01:24:27 am »

That's ok dude!

;)

You are very welcome man. I really think you should make more like this, I know it takes alot of time but it would be epic.Maybe a sequel with a male character who is somehow related.I just think that in horror the female protagonist is overdone time and time again.

I already have my nem mod!

Jennifer 2 maybe in the future. ;)

Offline masterderico

« Reply #40 on: August 28, 2010, 05:26:20 pm »
Wow, really impressive mod.  I was just looking to see if there was a trailer and all the sudden its released which was a nice surprise.  I didn't get far but thought I'd post some impressions.

The artwork and atmosphere are amazing.  You really got the feeling of a messed up horror movie down perfect.  I've seen some other gory mods but none with a real messed up disturbing feeling like this.  It all comes together really well.  

The slow start and progression of adding moves add to the game and makes it feel more complete and I thought was a nice touch.  I like that the moves were done with common motions and weren't hard to memorize.  Some mods go a bit too crazy with that.

I did notice some cheapness like enemies juggling me around and maybe some things that could be touched up.  However, this is the best and most exciting mod I've seen since battletodads.

About enemys juggle Jen, this only happen with one enemy: Ester. And was by purpose.  :laughing:

About the pm's about the story ;

SPOILER ALERT

Spoiler
-Her soul (or body?) was awake for the negative things that Roy did to her. Ok, in the episode 2 she finished him, for all the abuse.
After episode 2 you will see how the Jennifer life was. Maybe she is not so "pure".

Play again and u will understand.

Offline Demitri

• Demitri's works (AKA muppo)
« Reply #41 on: August 29, 2010, 02:16:53 pm »
Just finished the game, there's my impresions:

On the positive side the atmosphere, music and stages makes a whole experience of disturbing horror which will not let anyone unconcerned. It's a great work and I doubt there's one single person who will say the opposite.

The way you improved new attacks along the game progress as well as new Jenny models brings fresh air on every chapter and keeps you on to know a bit more about her totally addictive story, I have to say this is the first OpenBOR mod I finished on a row. I'm a damn Jenni-o-holic right know  ;D

Another thing well done is the player control itself: lots of moves without make you get a headhache. I specially like the "combo + dash + combo" sequence.

Blood. Lots of red shining beautiful hemoglobine  :eyebrow_action:

On the negative side I'm a bit dissapointed because there's so much slighthly recicled graphics from other mods, the lack of surprise it represent makes the whole game don't shine as it should do. I mean, most of us already knew how long those stages will be and how those enemies animations or attacks will be too.

Perhaps I didn't pay all the attention it deserves but I feel like missed some part of the story because there's some loose ends and I can't put two and two together. Is the spoiler on your last post the history or just some tips from you to us in order to know how things happened?

Regards.
Mod 100% from scratch: Infection

Offline nightwishfan1

« Reply #42 on: August 29, 2010, 05:04:02 pm »
I got play the mod today, and while it's a great mod it does however crash Openbor on Wii.  I managed to play about the entire intro stage I believe then it crashed.

Offline masterderico

« Reply #43 on: August 29, 2010, 05:50:14 pm »
Just finished the game, there's my impresions:

On the positive side the atmosphere, music and stages makes a whole experience of disturbing horror which will not let anyone unconcerned. It's a great work and I doubt there's one single person who will say the opposite.

The way you improved new attacks along the game progress as well as new Jenny models brings fresh air on every chapter and keeps you on to know a bit more about her totally addictive story, I have to say this is the first OpenBOR mod I finished on a row. I'm a damn Jenni-o-holic right know  ;D

Another thing well done is the player control itself: lots of moves without make you get a headhache. I specially like the "combo + dash + combo" sequence.

Blood. Lots of red shining beautiful hemoglobine  :eyebrow_action:

On the negative side I'm a bit dissapointed because there's so much slighthly recicled graphics from other mods, the lack of surprise it represent makes the whole game don't shine as it should do. I mean, most of us already knew how long those stages will be and how those enemies animations or attacks will be too.

Perhaps I didn't pay all the attention it deserves but I feel like missed some part of the story because there's some loose ends and I can't put two and two together. Is the spoiler on your last post the history or just some tips from you to us in order to know how things happened?

Regards.

Thats why i wanted Kolbek so much to draw the stages!  :laughing:

But the game has lots of original stages created by me, and the recicled i made several changes!

Thx for your feedback!

PS:My post is some tips about the story!
« Last Edit: August 29, 2010, 05:51:55 pm by masterderico »

Offline jbrodack

« Reply #44 on: August 29, 2010, 08:48:57 pm »
Does jennifer use a special version of openbor?  The way you packed it with an executable would suggest it is but I'm not sure.  Mainly curious to know how this would work on other platforms like wii.

0%

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal