Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

What openbor you prefer: Double dragon,battletoads or final fight !? by lirexpatrio
[December 07, 2012, 07:15:27 pm]

what are your favorite games OpenBOR?! by lirexpatrio
[December 07, 2012, 07:09:46 pm]

Post Some Awesome Videos by maxman
[December 07, 2012, 05:51:39 pm]

Can @cmd playmusic "aaaa" 1 also increse music sound ? by BeasTie
[December 07, 2012, 05:24:38 pm]

Streets of Rage: Silent Storm by mtrain
[December 07, 2012, 03:45:05 pm]

Site will be down for maintenance on 12/8/2012 thru 12/10/2012 by Damon Caskey
[December 07, 2012, 07:42:42 am]

Cancelled SOR 3d Remake by riccochet
[December 07, 2012, 03:58:33 am]

Dungeon Fighter: B.O.R. by msmalik681
[December 07, 2012, 03:24:27 am]

[TUTORIAL] How to create 4 Games of OpenBOR in 1 CD (650 MB) by magggas
[December 06, 2012, 09:46:25 pm]

custknife by Bloodbane
[December 06, 2012, 09:34:09 pm]

blockfx help by B.Kardi
[December 06, 2012, 04:09:14 pm]

street of age 4 hd by corradlo
[December 06, 2012, 01:41:36 pm]

ClaFan - Classic Fantasy ver 1.17 by soniczxblade
[December 06, 2012, 05:01:20 am]

Bug Archive by Bloodbane
[December 06, 2012, 02:00:44 am]

"Bio-Doom" and "Gears of Doom" by BulletBob
[December 05, 2012, 10:07:21 pm]

Contra Locked 'N' Loaded v2 by Bloodbane
[December 05, 2012, 09:39:43 pm]

Downloadable OpenBoR Manual by BeasTie
[December 05, 2012, 08:31:24 pm]

Having trouble testing changes by B.Kardi
[December 05, 2012, 03:05:53 pm]

DragonBall Absalon by msmalik681
[December 05, 2012, 02:52:13 pm]

[Hi-Res] Swamp by Vibrant
[December 05, 2012, 10:47:14 am]

• Dot Guests: 7
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

Author Topic: Jennifer [PC / PSP Version][+OST]  (Read 38559 times)

Offline masterderico

Re: Jennifer [PC Version][+OST]
« Reply #75 on: September 04, 2010, 12:29:39 pm »
So, what exactly are the issues preventing it to run on a FAT PSP?

I tried running it on OpenBOR v3.0 Build 2851 and this in on Log:

0x01ea:  Unable to load file 'data/chars/misc/5f.gif'

Please tell me this can be fixed.

I really dig this bloody masterpiece you have composed here, Sir. Cheers! :cheers!:
I tried to remove this frame and the entire model and still has out of memory.

Phat = noway  ;)

Offline Kolbek

• Look up. Yep, thats my oil painting. :)
    • The Artwork of John Kolbek
« Reply #76 on: September 04, 2010, 12:48:00 pm »
magggas, "some" mods cant run on some consoles? How about pretty much ALL the mods cant run on consoles. If you dont count the older mods that have been played to death. Its not that people dont understand that, its that these games were meant to be played with a controller or controllers on a console with friends. I love this game, but playing it on my PC keypad, SUCKS! Seriously. 
And honestly, we have the capabilities to get the majority of these games to play on a home system, we just haven't had the chance to do this, and thats not a crack at anyone, but its the truth. So yeah, "cant" at the moment, but "can" when 3.0 gets finished on systems.

Personally...I think the experience would completely rock on a console. I mean, I think more people would get involved with openbor. Its one thing to play a game on your pc. "Oh cool, were did you download that?" But to play it in a room on a big tv with a bunch of people, you know...your own game, that you made. I think that experience alone is like 50% of the joy involved in doing all this.
Cartoon Hell!!!

Offline Demitri

• Demitri's works (AKA muppo)
« Reply #77 on: September 04, 2010, 01:38:19 pm »
Quote from: Kolbek
Its one thing to play a game on your pc. "Oh cool, were did you download that?" But to play it in a room on a big tv with a bunch of people, you know...your own game, that you made. I think that experience alone is like 50% of the joy involved in doing all this.

Word.

Even the huges crap I did on the good old BOR engine gives a bunch of laughs to my friends and I (I mean before the kill bill one)

I don't think trying to make it run onto a lower system mess the author work, if he/she let us do that, of course. The fact is gamepads rocks for this kind of games (I always play OBOR mods with the wired 360 controler)

Regards.
Mod 100% from scratch: Infection

Offline magggas

« Reply #78 on: September 04, 2010, 02:17:26 pm »
magggas, "some" mods cant run on some consoles? How about pretty much ALL the mods cant run on consoles. If you dont count the older mods that have been played to death. Its not that people dont understand that, its that these games were meant to be played with a controller or controllers on a console with friends. I love this game, but playing it on my PC keypad, SUCKS! Seriously. 
And honestly, we have the capabilities to get the majority of these games to play on a home system, we just haven't had the chance to do this, and thats not a crack at anyone, but its the truth. So yeah, "cant" at the moment, but "can" when 3.0 gets finished on systems.

Personally...I think the experience would completely rock on a console. I mean, I think more people would get involved with openbor. Its one thing to play a game on your pc. "Oh cool, were did you download that?" But to play it in a room on a big tv with a bunch of people, you know...your own game, that you made. I think that experience alone is like 50% of the joy involved in doing all this.

Yea man,i know and i?m with you on this!!
I just said(mean) that for now with this engine we have, the
athor have to choose :sacrifice the console port and make a cool game or
make a less cool game that works in consoles.And i mean the people have to respect the athors choose.

My self ,for my new mk mod, i was so try to stay in v2 engine and make it work in must consoles , but i choose to sacrifice some consoles and jump in to v3 engine
because i need some new thinks of the engine toi make the game more cool!
(So far is working in psp fat  ;))

And finaly,every gamer spend a lot of money for this hoby!so,i dont think is so
hard to by tow controlers for pc  ;)

Offline Kolbek

« Reply #79 on: September 04, 2010, 06:10:52 pm »
Ah ok, gotcha
Cartoon Hell!!!

Offline Plombo

• Your source for useful modding tools!
« Reply #80 on: September 05, 2010, 02:31:57 am »

Okay, that's not true at all.  Seriously, there are only two consoles with 2.0 ports that don't have complete 3.0 ports: Dreamcast and Xbox.  The Wii is a console, for instance, and there are no mods at all that don't run fine on it.  The Pandora is a console, and it can run any currently released mod just fine as well.  Not to mention that OpenBOR v3.0 has been ported to TWICE as many consoles as 2.0 was!  Where do you see a 2.0 port for Wii or Pandora or Wiz or Dingoo or Symbian?  There aren't any!

Just because Dreamcast and Xbox are the consoles you happen to have doesn't mean that OpenBOR v3.0's console support isn't excellent.  It just means that you have bad luck.

Offline msmalik681

« Reply #81 on: September 05, 2010, 05:59:13 am »
Just wanted to say i finished jennifer liked the gameplay but the game itself was very freaky put off playing it i was actually worried i would go crazy playing this game.

All round great moves, combos, visuals and interesting mix up with weapons i liked it.

Offline Kolbek

« Reply #82 on: September 05, 2010, 05:01:45 pm »
The Pandora, or Wiz or Dingoo or Symbian? Dude seriously? I have never even heard of these systems. With the exception of the Wii, I dont even see the significance of porting it to these obscure systems.
And obscure or not, I stated "ported to Consoles", not hand held devices, like whatever the dingoo or symbian is. The pandora is a seventh-generation "handheld" game console and miniature computer, and the Wiz apperantly is another handheld videogame console.

Personally, Im not interested. Wake me up when the Xbox, DC, or Atari 2600 can play these newer games.

Cartoon Hell!!!

Offline masterderico

« Reply #83 on: September 05, 2010, 08:38:34 pm »
Atari ? lmao  :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Offline jbrodack

« Reply #84 on: September 06, 2010, 03:23:16 am »
It obviously looks like Kolbek only wants outdated commercial consoles to be supported.  Dreamcast is great but not really the best way to play homebrew these days.  Wii is the most easily hacked console these days with most mature hacking community so makes sense to develop for that.

With the other consoles you're missing out on the open part of openbor.  They are the most popular homebrew systems which have communities supporting development of open source programs.  The gp2x version stopped controlling properly a while ago put some of my pushing for that might have led to the versions for wiz  (with caanoo out now) and pandora which are currently supported well.  A lot of work or enhancements done on the ports of openbor can be used for other ports and even pc version. 

Consoles can be portable and are generally considered a fixed hardware platform.

I'm waiting for 2600 support too....

Anyway I want to see if this can get working on the wii and will try a few different versions of openbor.  We need people on as many platforms as possible enjoying quality mods such as this.

Offline masterderico

« Reply #85 on: September 06, 2010, 03:40:24 am »
I saw a guy playing this on wii.

Take a look on youtube.

Offline mayongdorn

« Reply #86 on: September 06, 2010, 06:22:04 am »
This game is realy cool and also hardcore all the time
Nice Work Dude
Hmm..I don,t how to pass these spike at Lvl 4

Offline masterderico

« Reply #87 on: September 06, 2010, 07:23:32 am »
You mean, chapter 3-4 ?

Spoiler
Use the vomit move

Offline mayongdorn

« Reply #88 on: September 06, 2010, 07:26:59 am »
Yes 3-4 The Spike Zone
Sorry My Bad
I,m type wrong number otz

Offline masterderico

Re: Jennifer [PC/PSP Version][+OST]
« Reply #89 on: September 06, 2010, 07:30:27 am »
Click on the spoiler button in my last post to you...!
« Last Edit: September 09, 2010, 11:50:59 pm by masterderico »

0%

mighty
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal