Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

What openbor you prefer: Double dragon,battletoads or final fight !? by lirexpatrio
[December 07, 2012, 07:15:27 pm]

what are your favorite games OpenBOR?! by lirexpatrio
[December 07, 2012, 07:09:46 pm]

Post Some Awesome Videos by maxman
[December 07, 2012, 05:51:39 pm]

Can @cmd playmusic "aaaa" 1 also increse music sound ? by BeasTie
[December 07, 2012, 05:24:38 pm]

Streets of Rage: Silent Storm by mtrain
[December 07, 2012, 03:45:05 pm]

Site will be down for maintenance on 12/8/2012 thru 12/10/2012 by Damon Caskey
[December 07, 2012, 07:42:42 am]

Cancelled SOR 3d Remake by riccochet
[December 07, 2012, 03:58:33 am]

Dungeon Fighter: B.O.R. by msmalik681
[December 07, 2012, 03:24:27 am]

[TUTORIAL] How to create 4 Games of OpenBOR in 1 CD (650 MB) by magggas
[December 06, 2012, 09:46:25 pm]

custknife by Bloodbane
[December 06, 2012, 09:34:09 pm]

blockfx help by B.Kardi
[December 06, 2012, 04:09:14 pm]

street of age 4 hd by corradlo
[December 06, 2012, 01:41:36 pm]

ClaFan - Classic Fantasy ver 1.17 by soniczxblade
[December 06, 2012, 05:01:20 am]

Bug Archive by Bloodbane
[December 06, 2012, 02:00:44 am]

"Bio-Doom" and "Gears of Doom" by BulletBob
[December 05, 2012, 10:07:21 pm]

Contra Locked 'N' Loaded v2 by Bloodbane
[December 05, 2012, 09:39:43 pm]

Downloadable OpenBoR Manual by BeasTie
[December 05, 2012, 08:31:24 pm]

Having trouble testing changes by B.Kardi
[December 05, 2012, 03:05:53 pm]

DragonBall Absalon by msmalik681
[December 05, 2012, 02:52:13 pm]

[Hi-Res] Swamp by Vibrant
[December 05, 2012, 10:47:14 am]

• Dot Guests: 8
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

Author Topic: Pokemon Rumble 2D Demo  (Read 4944 times)

Offline DJGameFreakTheIguana

• Credit to Vyck_St.Judas, Edited by me.
Pokemon Rumble 2D Demo
« on: July 04, 2011, 12:43:59 am »

Based on the Wiiware title of the same name, but in 2D!  ;D
There are a few pokemon to choose from, and they all use all 4 attack buttons, so make sure to change them in the option menu. I don't have a list yet of which attack their using, so you'll have to find out for yourself, but I'll try to think of something later. This demo is also groundwork for a full pokemon beat'em up mod I plan to make in the future.
Now I just need an admin to approve it, but I'll provide a mirror link until then.

EDIT:
Something I forgot to put down before, on the 2D levels were you can only go left, right, and jump on platforms, you can jump down them but Holding down and pressing attack, hitting anyone under you.

http://www.zshare.net/download/92232099dde8f58d/

X)
« Last Edit: July 04, 2011, 01:10:11 am by DJGameFreakTheIguana »

Offline borkjh

Re: Pokemon Rumble 2D Demo
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2011, 07:42:56 am »
Excuse me, Can you put Vileplume player char?
If you can do, I hope put it.

« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2011, 05:41:48 pm »
Vileplum? Isn't that the drooling grass type evolved from oddish? Lol, there was a point and time I wouldn't even have to ask the question.
Anyway, yeah, I'll throw it in since you asked, but at this point, I'm mainly concentrating on main characters and early enemies.(actually, some small grass types may work in the first two stages.)

X)
« Last Edit: July 04, 2011, 05:48:14 pm by DJGameFreakTheIguana »

Offline NickyP

• You know, that guy with the pet drum?
    • Personal OpenBOR site.
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2011, 04:24:42 am »
Vileplum? Isn't that the drooling grass type evolved from oddish?

Naw bro, that's Gloom. Vileplume is when you give Gloom a Leaf Stone.

How many playables do you plan on having? If you sit here and take Pokemon requests, you might end up with a good 50 or so  :laughing:

« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2011, 07:39:15 pm »
For the story, I'm starting with 8, but others will join the party along the way. I may end up going over 50, but their sheets aren't as big as most game sheets.

On the Vileplum subject, since it's a 3rd form, I wont be messing with it any time soon, but I'll remember to add it when I get to a certain point.

X)

Offline NickyP

• Personal OpenBOR site.
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2011, 03:30:22 am »
Just finished playing the demo. Those are Mystery Dungeon sprites, right? Never played the game, but I thought of using them once.. Anyways.

The Good:
-The name promises Pokemon Rumble in 2D. The gameplay makes good on that promise. Seriously, it really does feel like a sprited version of the WiiWare game. Good stuff man!

The Bad:
-I know you make your own music, and I really respect that, but it just doesn't fit IMO. Of course you're free to do it the way you want; but if I were making this mod, I'd use either remixed battle themes from the game, or maybe some select themes from the anime and Gamecube/Wii games. The anime versions of Kanto and Johto's trainer battles would be perfect in here.
-It's easy to get lost, since a lot of the enemies are the same Pokemon you are. I would use that one command... I totally forgot what it's called, but it lets you put an icon over your character. It's used for putting 1P/2P/3P/4P icons ontop of the players heads. Either way, I'd do something like that just so the player knows where they are.

The Rest:
-Needs more Wartortle and Leafeon. (hint hint, wink wink).
-Probably Scizor too.
-.... Maybe Absol, while we're at it?
-I would create an ingame stage select for the different battles. Using the main menu is fine, but knowing you, you'll eventually put in like 30 battles. If you want I'll link you to a beta of my Rivluet City mod; I made a pretty simple but effective stage select screen in that.

« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2011, 06:10:16 pm »
Just finished playing the demo. Those are Mystery Dungeon sprites, right? Never played the game, but I thought of using them once.. Anyways.
Yeah check the GBA emulators.

The Good:
-The name promises Pokemon Rumble in 2D. The gameplay makes good on that promise. Seriously, it really does feel like a sprited version of the WiiWare game. Good stuff man!
Thanks.  :)

The Bad:
-I know you make your own music, and I really respect that, but it just doesn't fit IMO.
I didn't make those tracks, lol. They all come from different games, like galaxy fight, and Three Dirty Dwarves.  :laughing:

Of course you're free to do it the way you want; but if I were making this mod, I'd use either remixed battle themes from the game, or maybe some select themes from the anime and Gamecube/Wii games. The anime versions of Kanto and Johto's trainer battles would be perfect in here.
I was gonna do that at first but I decided not to, not just because I prefer the tracks I use, but I wanted to give the game a different feel then what most people would've.

-It's easy to get lost, since a lot of the enemies are the same Pokemon you are. I would use that one command... I totally forgot what it's called, but it lets you put an icon over your character. It's used for putting 1P/2P/3P/4P icons ontop of the players heads. Either way, I'd do something like that just so the player knows where they are.
Yeah, I know, but of course, you can just change the colors. Although, I'd like to know about though.  :)

The Rest:
-Needs more Wartortle and Leafeon. (hint hint, wink wink).
-Probably Scizor too.
-.... Maybe Absol, while we're at it?
Scizor is planned sinced I'm gonna have the main guys evolve in the story, but you'll still be able to pick their past forms.(I just hinted one of the main characters didn't I?  :oops:) I'll see about the rest.  ;)

-I would create an ingame stage select for the different battles. Using the main menu is fine, but knowing you, you'll eventually put in like 30 battles. If you want I'll link you to a beta of my Rivluet City mod; I made a pretty simple but effective stage select screen in that.
I'm gonna use the same method from brawlers, but I don't plan on making that many battles. 2D rumble is just something for yall to play until I get the story done.

X)

Offline NickyP

• Personal OpenBOR site.
« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2011, 10:52:59 pm »
The command I was talking about turned out to be parrow... but it's only for respawning. If you still wanna make a way to flag the player's character, you could use a summonframe. Paxplode my Phantasy Star Online demo and look at the mags, they work just like that.

Offline Bloodbane

• Dark Dragon
« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2011, 11:50:09 pm »
-It's easy to get lost, since a lot of the enemies are the same Pokemon you are.

There's a trick for this and it's forcing remap for players, as DJ suggested. Here's one example:
palette    data/chars/pokemon/map1.png
alternatepal    data/chars/pokemon/map2.png
alternatepal    data/chars/pokemon/map3.png
alternatepal    data/chars/pokemon/map4.png

With this palette settings, player will use map1 palette as default and no matter what alternate palette is chosen, player won't get the default map (assuming all alternate pals are alternate).
 Enemies or other entities who use same set of sprite should use default map or other palette to avoid conflict.
OpenBoR Manual

Basic OpenBoR Tutorials

OpenBoR Tricks & Tutorials

"The more often enemies attack, the more open they are to counter attacks"

« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2011, 03:55:19 pm »
Good idea Blood, I may have to try that.  :)

X)

Offline NickyP

• Personal OpenBOR site.
« Reply #10 on: July 08, 2011, 08:08:04 pm »
While that solves the immediate problem of the player being distinguishable, it'll also force them to play as a remap when they prefer to use the regular colors.

Using a marker or even a ring around the player solves both problems.  :blushing:

« Reply #11 on: July 08, 2011, 08:14:02 pm »
A ring huh? What about a ring that players can spawn by using attackboth animation(That's with Attack and jump at the same time right?)

X)

Offline NickyP

• Personal OpenBOR site.
« Reply #12 on: July 08, 2011, 08:50:24 pm »
I have an easy idea. How about make special shadows for player pokemon? Like instead of gfxshadow, create multicolored shadow sprites (like the default ones from BoR) and use shadow #. It's quick, easy, and subtle; but the player will be able to tell who they are.  :)

« Reply #13 on: July 08, 2011, 08:59:35 pm »
I'll tell you what, I'm headin' home since I've missed about half of Smackdown, so I'll copy that, and see if I can try it out.  :)

EDIT:
Actually, I think I know what I'll try. Skip to 3:25 and look at the Rattata:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6qhdNFs5yfM

X)
« Last Edit: July 08, 2011, 09:03:15 pm by DJGameFreakTheIguana »

Offline NickyP

• Personal OpenBOR site.
« Reply #14 on: July 08, 2011, 09:47:45 pm »
The P1 marker, or the Pokeball shadow? Either way, both are basically what I was talking about.. ways to distinguish the player from the enemy.

0%

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal