Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

What openbor you prefer: Double dragon,battletoads or final fight !? by lirexpatrio
[December 07, 2012, 07:15:27 pm]

what are your favorite games OpenBOR?! by lirexpatrio
[December 07, 2012, 07:09:46 pm]

Post Some Awesome Videos by maxman
[December 07, 2012, 05:51:39 pm]

Can @cmd playmusic "aaaa" 1 also increse music sound ? by BeasTie
[December 07, 2012, 05:24:38 pm]

Streets of Rage: Silent Storm by mtrain
[December 07, 2012, 03:45:05 pm]

Site will be down for maintenance on 12/8/2012 thru 12/10/2012 by Damon Caskey
[December 07, 2012, 07:42:42 am]

Cancelled SOR 3d Remake by riccochet
[December 07, 2012, 03:58:33 am]

Dungeon Fighter: B.O.R. by msmalik681
[December 07, 2012, 03:24:27 am]

[TUTORIAL] How to create 4 Games of OpenBOR in 1 CD (650 MB) by magggas
[December 06, 2012, 09:46:25 pm]

custknife by Bloodbane
[December 06, 2012, 09:34:09 pm]

blockfx help by B.Kardi
[December 06, 2012, 04:09:14 pm]

street of age 4 hd by corradlo
[December 06, 2012, 01:41:36 pm]

ClaFan - Classic Fantasy ver 1.17 by soniczxblade
[December 06, 2012, 05:01:20 am]

Bug Archive by Bloodbane
[December 06, 2012, 02:00:44 am]

"Bio-Doom" and "Gears of Doom" by BulletBob
[December 05, 2012, 10:07:21 pm]

Contra Locked 'N' Loaded v2 by Bloodbane
[December 05, 2012, 09:39:43 pm]

Downloadable OpenBoR Manual by BeasTie
[December 05, 2012, 08:31:24 pm]

Having trouble testing changes by B.Kardi
[December 05, 2012, 03:05:53 pm]

DragonBall Absalon by msmalik681
[December 05, 2012, 02:52:13 pm]

[Hi-Res] Swamp by Vibrant
[December 05, 2012, 10:47:14 am]

• Dot Guests: 19
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

Author Topic: Saint Seiya: Death and Rebirth  (Read 19068 times)

Offline baritonomarchetto77

Re: Saint Seiya: Death and Rebirth
« Reply #45 on: July 25, 2011, 07:36:05 pm »
hey i dig this mod a lot but i'm having a problem in the first stage - i kill the green fast dude and then clean up the rest and it says to proceed right but i can't go further.

pls help if possible - i am running the latest build of OBOR

You MUST run the game with the old openBOR release it was distributed with. If you only have the .pak file, you can download a copy of the right engine HERE  ;)

Offline sixthcircle

« Reply #46 on: July 27, 2011, 03:35:11 am »
thank you very much barit this game looked very cool and i'm glad i can play it thru now  :)

Offline vota dc

« Reply #47 on: August 13, 2011, 01:42:48 pm »
The game is more difficult than Golden Axe Myth. Only complaint is that the enemies are quite intelligent (and this is good) but there is few space to move and adopt a combat strategy.

Offline PowerGod

« Reply #48 on: September 05, 2012, 05:45:32 pm »
Very great game, I hope to see it compatible to the latest version of the engine one day... the only issues I found with the new engine are the 4:3 screen instead of wide, and the initial menu text disposition...

Anyway is very well done  :cheers!:

...but hard like hell for me   >:(

EDIT: mmm, never used openbor before for making games, but I'm looking at the documentation, and maybe doesn't seems too difficult to adapt this pak to the new engine...

for now I was able to fix the widescreen issue during play and the cut dialog texts, with "video 1" in "video.txt" and deleting "forcemode 1" cause it's deprecated...

so now the entire game is widescreen but with a little higher vertical resolution than the original one...
now:
- there's the need to fix menu screens cause them are now wide too, and must be centered
- the bottom part of the background during play is a copy of the higher part of the screen

maybe both problems can be resolved adding black borders to the background images... but I need to try this first...

and the last issue (I found) is the initial menu, but I need to read more documentation fist about the subject...
« Last Edit: September 05, 2012, 07:53:47 pm by PowerGod »

Offline frontyiria

« Reply #49 on: September 05, 2012, 08:12:39 pm »
This is in fact a great game... however there are a few things that i didnīt like, for example: the music... I mean, I love saint seiya and the music of the series is soo epic, I donīt think some of the music used on the mod do justice to Saint seiya, tere are even some songs that are way tooo metal, I had to turn the volume down not to have a headache...(Even though I love metal) It doesnīt fit to Saint seiya. Difficulty is way to extreme, you can hardly fight, and that kind of thing makes it kinda boring, sometimes enemies trap you and wonīt let you brake free, itīs so annoying... some backgrounds doesnīt have color, some look good like that but others seem like used without work on them... and last, but not less important, The language should have been English, I mean, Iīm Spanish and I know english... almost everybody in the world knows English... we can understand that language... Not quite italian....

Offline PowerGod

« Reply #50 on: September 05, 2012, 09:31:10 pm »
The language is not an issue for me, it is an happy surprise  ;) anyway I was expecting it to be in english too

I don't remember very well the cartoon, I was little when I saw it, so I can't comment on music or story...
The colored backgrounds must be unlocked first, you must complete the story.

Anyway, to add something to my previous argument, adding black borders to the images works, so now I have a centered menu background and a black border on the bottom of the first level with the street. (Now ALL the backgrounds must be resized...)
I also started to adjust the position of life counter and bars of the players.

Making it in english seems not difficult too, just time consuming, translating the text part is easy, but all the sounds and spoken parts must be changed too.

Offline frontyiria

« Reply #51 on: September 06, 2012, 11:48:08 am »
Would you translate it? what about changing some music? there are even some bgms with lirics there... thatīs weird...

Offline PowerGod

« Reply #52 on: September 06, 2012, 04:18:30 pm »
I don't think I will find the time to translate it... too much work... I'm just trying to make it playable on the last version of OpenBor, and it is becoming more time consuming than I was expecting...

I found some other issues related to the resolution change, some event triggers works in a wrong way, and sometimes changing coordinates values for something breaks other things... when I moved the life counter for the first time the character wasn't able anymore to do some special moves... I need to understand better how this engine works...

Offline frontyiria

« Reply #53 on: September 06, 2012, 09:20:56 pm »
I understand... I could translate it if  youīd like me to, I mean... Iīm an english teacher, but I donīt know how to put that into the game... :(, Iīm just to green on this...

Offline darknior

« Reply #54 on: September 07, 2012, 03:27:18 am »
This is in fact a great game... however there are a few things that i didnīt like, for example:
- the music... I mean, I love saint seiya and the music of the series is soo epic, I donīt think some of the music used on the mod do justice to Saint seiya, tere are even some songs that are way tooo metal, I had to turn the volume down not to have a headache...(Even though I love metal) It doesnīt fit to Saint seiya.
- Difficulty is way to extreme, you can hardly fight, and that kind of thing makes it kinda boring, sometimes enemies trap you and wonīt let you brake free, itīs so annoying...
- some backgrounds doesnīt have color, some look good like that but others seem like used without work on them... and last, but not less important,
- The language should have been English, I mean, Iīm Spanish and I know english... almost everybody in the world knows English... we can understand that language... Not quite italian....

Now i understand why i never play this game ... i don't like it :(

- I don't like the music too, and a game without music, i don't play it :(
If it can help i can upload the St Seiya real musics !

- Difficulty is bad :(
So many enemies at same time ... the game is not fun :(
In St Seiya anime there are always few enemies and the hero has time to fight them and make many cool super attack and coobo :D
Here, it is impossible ... it is so boring :(

- The background color to unlock is not a good idea too ... when you play a game, you don't want to play a demo lol
In a game you can unlock characters or stages, but not color :(

- And the most important for me, the language !!!
I understand nothing in the game ... and without story ... a game will be very crappy :(
If @fontyiria can translate it, i think it will change the game lol

I don't remember fine, but i think the characters cry in to Spanish ?
This point is the more difficult to correct, but Spanish or English or French or ... will always be less cool than original Japan hero cry !!!

So many work to this mod to make it a cool mod for me ...

Offline PowerGod

« Reply #55 on: September 07, 2012, 07:01:51 am »
I understand... I could translate it if  youīd like me to, I mean... Iīm an english teacher, but I donīt know how to put that into the game... :(, Iīm just to green on this...

Changing the text is just a matter of "photoshopping" some images, nothing else needed.

You just have to unpack the game, and modify all the .gif images that contains some text, that's for the most part of the game, I didn't found for now other italian texts in game except for menu entries.

For sound and musics it's the same, just substitute the interested sound file with another sound file... but regard this matter you will need more info, cause the sound files must be converted first in order to be used by OpenBor

I will continue to work on this language, but if I can make it work well on this version, and you want to do something about translation or better music, merging the results won't be difficult.

Offline PowerGod

« Reply #56 on: September 10, 2012, 01:29:33 pm »
Does anyone knows if there are some OpenBor games with a friendly CPU player ?

This is a game that seems made for 4 players, maybe adding them as a CPU controlled ones the difficulty can be no more an issue...

Offline pong_666

« Reply #57 on: September 10, 2012, 04:19:27 pm »
only thing i wasn't really a fan of regarding this game was the difficulty omg i always wind up getting rocked at the very beginning the enemies have a habit of ganging up on you and you have no way of defending yourself i don't if anyone else noticed of is it just me.........but it feels like the hit detection is a little funky......not trying to be nit picky another thing i noticed that turns me off to this is  no matter what build i use or what version of the game being either psp or pc version at some point of my gaming experience it will crash especially when you unlock the other tomes(i'm sorry if i used that wrong) on pc it will crash at random on psp it usually crashes when i pause it for like a brief second or so 

Offline baritonomarchetto77

« Reply #58 on: September 14, 2012, 08:09:03 am »
Happy to see there's still interest in this game  ;)

I am sorry i could not help updating it because of lack of time, but you can toy with it as much as you want.

PS: you noticed how much work would be only the translation of it, so try figuring out how many efforts have been spent on this... please have "respect" for my little boy while modding it  ;)
« Last Edit: September 14, 2012, 08:12:03 am by baritonomarchetto77 »

Offline PowerGod

« Reply #59 on: September 14, 2012, 02:35:09 pm »
Happy to see there's still interest in this game  ;)

I am sorry i could not help updating it because of lack of time, but you can toy with it as much as you want.

PS: you noticed how much work would be only the translation of it, so try figuring out how many efforts have been spent on this... please have "respect" for my little boy while modding it  ;)

Hey, this is a great piece of work indeed. And the time and love spent to make it is visible from the first play !!

I'm planning to modify it just a bit while I'm hacking stuff, cause I want to add a sort of difficulty setting, for make more playable the game.
The special moves (that are REALLY SPECTACULAR !!  :wow!:) are not so useful... too slow, and makes the players too vulnerable... there's the need of some tweaks, like invulnerability while using them... but I need to think about this...

I started to watch the entire anime to understand better the placements of levels and the powers of the enemies... there's a boss in particular that is vulnerable only when he is casting fire, and it's too difficult to beat... I want to see how it is in the cartoon, to find a way to make it less invulnerable...

EDIT: Ah, and thanks for the italian comments on the scripts  ;)
« Last Edit: September 14, 2012, 05:12:30 pm by PowerGod »

0%

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal