Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

What openbor you prefer: Double dragon,battletoads or final fight !? by lirexpatrio
[December 07, 2012, 07:15:27 pm]

what are your favorite games OpenBOR?! by lirexpatrio
[December 07, 2012, 07:09:46 pm]

Post Some Awesome Videos by maxman
[December 07, 2012, 05:51:39 pm]

Can @cmd playmusic "aaaa" 1 also increse music sound ? by BeasTie
[December 07, 2012, 05:24:38 pm]

Streets of Rage: Silent Storm by mtrain
[December 07, 2012, 03:45:05 pm]

Site will be down for maintenance on 12/8/2012 thru 12/10/2012 by Damon Caskey
[December 07, 2012, 07:42:42 am]

Cancelled SOR 3d Remake by riccochet
[December 07, 2012, 03:58:33 am]

Dungeon Fighter: B.O.R. by msmalik681
[December 07, 2012, 03:24:27 am]

[TUTORIAL] How to create 4 Games of OpenBOR in 1 CD (650 MB) by magggas
[December 06, 2012, 09:46:25 pm]

custknife by Bloodbane
[December 06, 2012, 09:34:09 pm]

blockfx help by B.Kardi
[December 06, 2012, 04:09:14 pm]

street of age 4 hd by corradlo
[December 06, 2012, 01:41:36 pm]

ClaFan - Classic Fantasy ver 1.17 by soniczxblade
[December 06, 2012, 05:01:20 am]

Bug Archive by Bloodbane
[December 06, 2012, 02:00:44 am]

"Bio-Doom" and "Gears of Doom" by BulletBob
[December 05, 2012, 10:07:21 pm]

Contra Locked 'N' Loaded v2 by Bloodbane
[December 05, 2012, 09:39:43 pm]

Downloadable OpenBoR Manual by BeasTie
[December 05, 2012, 08:31:24 pm]

Having trouble testing changes by B.Kardi
[December 05, 2012, 03:05:53 pm]

DragonBall Absalon by msmalik681
[December 05, 2012, 02:52:13 pm]

[Hi-Res] Swamp by Vibrant
[December 05, 2012, 10:47:14 am]

• Dot Guests: 7
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

Author Topic: Crime Buster v2.5  (Read 29182 times)

Offline Shin Kazahara

• Hi! My Name is Dancing Train!!!
    • ダンシング☆トレインのブログ
Re: Crime Buster v2.5
« Reply #15 on: December 26, 2008, 03:54:03 am »
This Game Is Hard Battle!!!
SUPER GAMES!!!
My OpenBOR MODs.
Denjin Makai ZERO(2009)
Hyper Final Fight : The Return Of Black(2010)

Offline Bloodbane

• Dark Dragon
« Reply #16 on: December 27, 2008, 11:04:31 am »
-Animations to fix( example: ralf rise, slow runs, special moves...)

I change Ralf's rise animation to roll forward one for cooler effect. I don't like the real one where he rises then turn around.
 About slow runs, that's part of the gameplay. You can't have all heroes run in very fast speed.

-Special Moves without sound effect (ARRRRGHHHHHHHHH  :P )

Some moves are edited so it's hard to find proper voice for them. But TBH I forgot  :-[.

-Bad Frame(example: Special Moves,Edit... )

Hey, I'm just beginner sprite editor.

-This is Streets of rage remake!!! why not there are the weapons? why not there are MP bar?

This is NOT Streets of Rage remake nor any other game remake! This mod is inspired by Streets of Rage instead so I don't care if it's not same with SoR.
 The heroes are already strong without weapons, so why do they need one?
 Sorry about no MP bar, setting MP system takes long time cause I have to rebalance everything.

-The enemies they are strong but they use repetitive movements(example: Nina[why Nina? Shes is Blue Mary!]it use only Low Kick).

You should be happy they are like that. If they have more moves, this mod would be harder. Also if you've played other brawler games, you could see that most enemies have limited moves and repetitive. The idea is the same.
 Oh Nina is alias, silly :).

-The Game is Repetitive( I think to change the enemies in more levels,palletes,boss,item...)

How long have you played this mod? the early levels are quite repetitive but it's deliberate cause I need to introduce enemies one by one. In latter stages, there are more enemies and you get more boss fights.

Overfall: It is was a Good Work,keep it up. ;D

Thanks ;D.

Ziza of the enemy character seems to come out in BLEACH of Comics of Japan.

Huh??? That must be coincidence. I hardly watched Bleach nor read its comics. I don't even like Bleach.
 Ziza was actually inspired by Zamza from SoR2. I designed her moves myself.

By the way, does Mr. Bloodbane like Comic and TV animation of Japan?

Not fans though, just watching animes. Mostly curious about story and actions.

is it normal that the loading when you launch the game is really long!!

Hmmm.... I really don't know the cause. Maybe it's related to what Orochi_X said about technique I'm using. I read newspaper while waiting for loading time to finish  ;D.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2008, 11:45:06 am by Bloodbane »
OpenBoR Manual

Basic OpenBoR Tutorials

OpenBoR Tricks & Tutorials

"The more often enemies attack, the more open they are to counter attacks"

Offline nedflandeurse

• A.K.A. NED
« Reply #17 on: December 27, 2008, 12:59:33 pm »
Hmmm.... I really don't know the cause. Maybe it's related to what Orochi_X said about technique I'm using. I read newspaper while waiting for loading time to finish  ;D.

Me too! :laughing:

Offline ekka

« Reply #18 on: January 08, 2009, 05:32:34 am »
wow gak nyangka ternyata ada orang indonesia bisa nge-mod...bagus lagi btw salut buat km.... :applauding:
hem ada orang indonesia lagi gak selain bloodbane.....
sorry i just wanna say hai to mr. bloodbane... ;D

Offline danno

• remember...you're unique, just like everyone else
« Reply #19 on: January 08, 2009, 03:08:28 pm »
 Just played this now, I'm very impressed, one of the best mods I've played defiantly keeping this on my hard drive, plays like a professional game the only thing I don't like is the music, would of liked to hear something more original. great work Bloodbane.

Offline baritonomarchetto77

« Reply #20 on: January 09, 2009, 04:09:52 am »
Finally, i downloaded and played it. I must say that, as always, Bloody works are exciting and brilliant.

The good:

3D attacks where expected and works as they should be: that running girl (running Mary, for example, but if i remember well names are scripted so not indicative  :)) is absolutely brilliant.

The sunshine effect in (east  ;)) bridge is something of completely new and i have liked it a lot!

There's a tangible effort on makeing player moves original: Ralf "running bulldog", Bao "air pressure", Maxima "dynamite spin" are excellent (that Atena "super physic throw" reminds me Hyoga throw move from mine SSDR mod  ;D).

Scripts presence is tangible here, and this makes the game fresh.

The bad:

Are there a little too much bikers? Also, that jumping girl (Inneke - Irene) makes me crazy... when she is close to you, becomes frustrating (probably she needs a reduction in "aggression").

I must add that the game, as always, is a little too difficult for me (i do not reached the big boss on the second bridge)... at easy level  :dunce: but this is probably a problem only for me. Also, music should be changed (just to avoid the risk to be labelled as "Streets of Rage remake"); i know that you have a slow net connection so i do not expect variety on music... i am only asking for a change in the main themes  ;)

Finally, this mod is very good, as expected. Bloody is a perfectionist and it was difficult to find out problems in this game  :-[  :cheers!:

Offline Shin Kazahara

• ダンシング☆トレインのブログ
« Reply #21 on: January 10, 2009, 10:48:40 am »
The command of dynamite spin of Maxima is not understood at all.
My OpenBOR MODs.
Denjin Makai ZERO(2009)

Offline Bloodbane

• Dark Dragon
« Reply #22 on: January 11, 2009, 11:30:04 am »
wow gak nyangka ternyata ada orang indonesia bisa nge-mod...bagus lagi btw salut buat km....
hem ada orang indonesia lagi gak selain bloodbane.....

Don't underestimate Indonesian please!
 You didn't come here just to post that did you :)?

Are there a little too much bikers?

The bridge stage is biker party level so to speak. I spawn lots of biker there to fit the roady level theme.
 I still need to learn level design TBH. I made bridge stage before the alley branch. I forgot that if players go through alley, they'll meet bikers too often combined with ones in 3rd stage.

Also, music should be changed (just to avoid the risk to be labelled as "Streets of Rage remake")

I know. Music aren't like pictures, I have to hear them not just look at them so it's hard to get good selection of music.

Also, that jumping girl (Inneke - Irene) makes me crazy... when she is close to you, becomes frustrating (probably she needs a reduction in "aggression").

She's one of enemies which can't be attacked from close. I designed her based on Poison/Roxy from Final Fight. She's best attacked by counter attack.

The command of dynamite spin of Maxima is not understood at all.

It's not? OK, the command is Down,Up,Attack while grabbing an enemy. After you grab an enemy, press direction keys to move him around.
OpenBoR Manual

Basic OpenBoR Tutorials

Offline Fightn Words

• Confectionary Country of the Nin-Nin
« Reply #23 on: January 23, 2009, 07:10:41 pm »
I'm still playing through this, Bloodbane. The last few versions I zipped through it, but this one I'm taking my time and only playing one or two levels at a time. I just defeated the main game (Bane is monstrously hard!), but I've only just started with the other features.

Offline Bloodbane

• Dark Dragon
« Reply #24 on: January 24, 2009, 04:37:22 am »
 Yep, Bane is monstrously hard. The regular bosses are hard so Bane, as boss master, has to be harder.

There is small but important feature. His tornados are blockable but only by Ralf and Maxima. That means Athena, Kula and Bao will need to rely on dodging alot to survive his tornados.
OpenBoR Manual

Basic OpenBoR Tutorials

Offline SmashedBrother

« Reply #25 on: January 25, 2009, 12:16:44 am »
Sorry to go a little off-topic here, but which version of OpenBor is best for playing this mod on the DC?  I tried the latest version, but the game just froze on me after I picked my character.  Thanks for the help!

lbf

« Reply #26 on: January 31, 2009, 06:27:47 pm »
Very nice BB!  CrimeBusters was an awesome mod to begin with but this version is off the hook, I didn't think things could get any better.  In particular, Maxima and Ralf kick some major arse.  Their grab and throw system is on point.

And now some of the enemies seem tougher like robert garcia, he throws knives all over the place now!

thanks for this mod, its great.

Sorry to go a little off-topic here, but which version of OpenBor is best for playing this mod on the DC?  I tried the latest version, but the game just froze on me after I picked my character.  Thanks for the help!

I think this mod may consume more ram than the DC can handle but I can't say for sure and I don't wanna get your hopes down so maybe someone can tell you what the issue is for sure.

Offline Shin Kazahara

• ダンシング☆トレインのブログ
« Reply #27 on: February 01, 2009, 12:47:43 am »
I Like Music
U.C.COPS's HIYA UNIT Yeah !!!!! :laughing:
My OpenBOR MODs.
Denjin Makai ZERO(2009)

Offline Vince2501

« Reply #28 on: February 01, 2009, 03:55:20 am »
A long time since I've been here. I doubt if anyone remembers me though. I took up an interest in OpenBOR about a year ago, and since then work and my screwing around with Adobe Premier and After Effects have curved my interest. What brought me back was the Golden Axe Remake and happening to check out this page again to see a Splatterhouse mod (Splatterhouse is one of my very favorite franchises).

I played this for a bit, and I have to commend you: The A.I. and enemy variation are superb. Almost all BOR mods (except Golden Axe remake) suffer from a very limited A.I. that's far too predictable. I have to echo the sentiments of Damon, in that the move set of your character is a little too limited, and the enemies are truly unfair sometimes. I personally think you should have called this game 'Biker Attack' because that was just cruel dude. How many biker enemies can you have in a single level?  :eek:

But I do commend you for one other thing, one thing that I don't think any BOR mod has done, by actually having a power bomb move. Okay, you cheaped out a bit by having the command be just jump and up, as opposed to jump and attack like in all beat 'em ups. But I commend you for it and the branching paths.

Really good work. When I get the chance, I'd love to combine the A.I. for this game with my own Splatterhouse game.

Offline Bloodbane

• Dark Dragon
« Reply #29 on: February 01, 2009, 12:44:04 pm »
 Thanks guys!

U.C.COPS's HIYA UNIT Yeah !!!!!

Yeah, I have trouble finding proper music but after I played that game, I decided the musics could be used in this mod. I really loved Nasty Loud Quack (boss fight theme), it fits the situation well and it also boosts spirit not just give serious and deadly atmosphere.

In particular, Maxima and Ralf kick some major arse.  Their grab and throw system is on point.

Yep, time to show ppl that slow chars can kick arse too. Their grabs and slams mimic my favorite slams. Maxima's grabwalk mimic Haggar's ability. Power Bomb and Super Maxima Lift mimic Haggar's Piledriver, especially Maxima's cause he can move while jumping. Maxima's Dynamite Spin mimics Punisher's ;).
 Ralf's Running Bulldog mimic Girulian's (from Guardians). Ralf's Napalm Stretch doesn't mimic anything (aside from Clark's) but I wanted him to have air grab.

in that the move set of your character is a little too limited,

Well, I rely on counterattacks that's why I don't feel like I need more.

I personally think you should have called this game 'Biker Attack' because that was just cruel dude. How many biker enemies can you have in a single level?

:laughing: :laughing: I spawn bikers alot cause they are mood breaker. Bikers have different AI giving refreshment when they appear.

Okay, you cheaped out a bit by having the command be just jump and up, as opposed to jump and attack like in all beat 'em ups

At first, I simplified the command cause I don't know how to set 'jump 1st then attack later'. But now although I know how to make that, I decided not to. What I don't like about Haggar is that he doesn't have alternate slam after jumping with enemy. Punisher OTOH has alternate moves i.e front throw, back throw, izuna drop and critical izuna drop. Since Ralf and Maxima have same case like Haggar, I decided to simplify the move to just Jump. This command is similar to what Denjin Makai series have.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2009, 12:49:03 pm by Bloodbane »
OpenBoR Manual

Basic OpenBoR Tutorials

0%

mighty
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal