Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

What openbor you prefer: Double dragon,battletoads or final fight !? by lirexpatrio
[December 07, 2012, 07:15:27 pm]

what are your favorite games OpenBOR?! by lirexpatrio
[December 07, 2012, 07:09:46 pm]

Post Some Awesome Videos by maxman
[December 07, 2012, 05:51:39 pm]

Can @cmd playmusic "aaaa" 1 also increse music sound ? by BeasTie
[December 07, 2012, 05:24:38 pm]

Streets of Rage: Silent Storm by mtrain
[December 07, 2012, 03:45:05 pm]

Site will be down for maintenance on 12/8/2012 thru 12/10/2012 by Damon Caskey
[December 07, 2012, 07:42:42 am]

Cancelled SOR 3d Remake by riccochet
[December 07, 2012, 03:58:33 am]

Dungeon Fighter: B.O.R. by msmalik681
[December 07, 2012, 03:24:27 am]

[TUTORIAL] How to create 4 Games of OpenBOR in 1 CD (650 MB) by magggas
[December 06, 2012, 09:46:25 pm]

custknife by Bloodbane
[December 06, 2012, 09:34:09 pm]

blockfx help by B.Kardi
[December 06, 2012, 04:09:14 pm]

street of age 4 hd by corradlo
[December 06, 2012, 01:41:36 pm]

ClaFan - Classic Fantasy ver 1.17 by soniczxblade
[December 06, 2012, 05:01:20 am]

Bug Archive by Bloodbane
[December 06, 2012, 02:00:44 am]

"Bio-Doom" and "Gears of Doom" by BulletBob
[December 05, 2012, 10:07:21 pm]

Contra Locked 'N' Loaded v2 by Bloodbane
[December 05, 2012, 09:39:43 pm]

Downloadable OpenBoR Manual by BeasTie
[December 05, 2012, 08:31:24 pm]

Having trouble testing changes by B.Kardi
[December 05, 2012, 03:05:53 pm]

DragonBall Absalon by msmalik681
[December 05, 2012, 02:52:13 pm]

[Hi-Res] Swamp by Vibrant
[December 05, 2012, 10:47:14 am]

• Dot Guests: 120
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

Author Topic: Final Fight DC - alteration by MCW  (Read 27356 times)

Offline mctuna

• www.mcpsp.com
Re: Final Fight DC - alteration by MCW
« Reply #15 on: September 27, 2007, 01:20:25 pm »
All right what do i do?
« Last Edit: September 27, 2007, 03:05:36 pm by mctuna »

Offline MCW

• BOR = Beats Of Rage
« Reply #16 on: September 27, 2007, 04:51:37 pm »
Not enough memory to play in DC, PSP, how about Xbox?

Be a Good Reader,
Read the post from first word until to the last.

Offline mctuna

• www.mcpsp.com
« Reply #17 on: September 27, 2007, 05:20:39 pm »
Problem solve cpu speed drop problem go :) ray stage four no problem :cheers!:

Offline SX

• Administrator
    • LavaLit
« Reply #18 on: September 27, 2007, 07:50:09 pm »
Actually for a mod like this try to enable memory cleanup forced/enabled.  It should help out alot.

Offline MCW

• BOR = Beats Of Rage
« Reply #19 on: September 27, 2007, 10:00:59 pm »
I apologize to everyone because I have fix something in my mod such as anim fall, anim land and a new release will be release in this few days.

Sorry to everyone.

Be a Good Reader,

Offline Gabo-Hanzo

« Reply #20 on: September 28, 2007, 02:49:43 am »
BUT, I WILL BE ABLE TO PLAY THIS GAME SOME DAY IN MY DREAMCAST???

SOME COMPATIBLE ENGINE EXISTS?

PLEASE HELP
DOUBLE DRAGON GAIDEN(REVOLUTION 3)

Offline Damon Caskey

• The Gorge
« Reply #21 on: September 28, 2007, 06:48:11 am »
Turn the caps lock off and type like a normal person. This is a friendly warning.

DC
OpenBOR Wiki.

Coming Soon:
Spoiler
Fatal Fury Chronicals

Offline Mr.Q®

• The Godfather of Modding
    • Sing Lung Iquique
« Reply #22 on: September 28, 2007, 11:40:54 am »
Gave this one a fast try last night, here are my 2 cents:

Modifications are welcomed for this one since it was getting kind of old. Looks good, but honestly, you show put a little more effort on fixing some playability issues, like better offsets & specially better delays for some moves.

I remember watching these final blows from some characters where they go forward when they pull those moves off, and their movements looked kind of "jerky". You can take a look at some mods of mine for moves that go forward smoothly, like RotDD.

About offsets, take a look at Guy's walking anim, it looks like he's rollerblading instead of walking, he doesn't go up n' down with his steps, that's what I mean. This is only one example of several cases I noticed btw.

My request to make this game golden is fix the anim land like anim jump so animations will keep playing until the character lands regardless how long the animations are.

can you give us a better example for what you want this? I think that's all about better delays on anim jump & making those perfect.

It was a good surprise knowing that this one was getting a facelift, keep up the good work.

PD: Please do enable some modes since there's so much to play with and just 1 mode at the beginning XD...like, make the loooooooong character loading time worth at the start of the game ;) BTW there're tons of modes that I can't even see them!
Q (L) Reika, and BTW, no more mr. "Nice Guy".

Offline Damon Caskey

• The Gorge
« Reply #23 on: September 28, 2007, 12:05:20 pm »
I have to agree with most of what Mr. Q said. The scale of the changes was nice; I had never seen the orginal mod past the first 5-6 enemies because, well, to be honest, I thought every aspect of it sucked. But the changes do help quite a bit. I'll write a full review later, but for now the biggest issues I see are poorly animated movement and the levels seeming to just drag on and on.

The second really would take a full redesign so I'll let that pass. The first though is a big distraction and needs fixing immediately.

DC
OpenBOR Wiki.

Coming Soon:
Spoiler
Fatal Fury Chronicals

Offline SX

• Administrator
    • LavaLit
« Reply #24 on: September 28, 2007, 12:24:45 pm »
I for one see something that need attention on the engine side of things and that is the number of difficulties......    Since some modders go well beyond the bottom of the screen.... i will implement a scrolling type system.

Offline kbandressen

• Developer
« Reply #25 on: September 28, 2007, 02:07:40 pm »
Yeah, I know what you mean about the levels being tedious, DC.  I was playing this on my PSP and after making it to the 4th level (gah), the game crashed so I just gave up and paxploded the thing so I could try out the other modes.

Anyhow, here's my thoughts on this one, starting with the good points.

Graphically, this is pretty nice.  The palette looks good despite the huge number of playable characters, each with a bunch of remaps.  I agree, there are some moves that are pretty jerky, but the added characters (DAN!) are pretty well made.  There's plenty of freespecials and grab moves for all the characters and they look pretty good for the most part.

And it's nice to finally see a stage select screen; I think this the first mod that's done it.

But there are major issues here, as well.  Please don't take any of this the wrong way, MCW; I can tell you've put a lot of work into this and I'm not trying to put you down or anything.

The level design from the original mod and sadly, the new levels as well, is really bland.  I can understand you not wanting to completely redo the old levels as this is just an alteration, but they honestly need it.  Every level from the original mod is pretty much this:

1.  Fight a bunch of enemies
2.  Walk forward a little bit
3.  Repeat

The levels from the new modes are a little better, but are still really tedious.  Beyond Good and Evil is just fighting every character in the game at once, over and over.  The Rush modes are a little better but still very repetitive.

The other major issue is enemy difficulty.  The enemies in this game are just way too easy; I was able get up to 26 lives when I played through the original mode.  When I did die, it was usually because I was using desperation moves left and right just to get through the levels faster.

One simple (and necessary IMO) fix that would improve this game a lot would be to give your enemies 'escapehits'.  Right now you can just spam your attack1 and kill any enemy without any problems:

This was especially frustrating when I fought Rolento, as he's one of my favorite characters from SFA3.  I want to see him roll backwards and leave a grenade for anyone who would dare to try such tactics against him!

I think the bottom line is this:  Lots of enemies with lots of health doesn't make up for the fact that they can't fight back.  If you could make your levels and enemies more interesting, this mod would be MUCH better.  I like the playable characters for the most part; they just need to be in a more interesting environment.  Again, this is not meant to discourage you, only help you make your mod better.  I really would like to see a reworked version of this mod!

And one last thing:

What is that gadouken doing all the way over there?  ;D

Offline MCW

• BOR = Beats Of Rage
« Reply #26 on: September 28, 2007, 03:55:32 pm »
Yeah, I know what you mean about the levels being tedious, DC.  I was playing this on my PSP and after making it to the 4th level (gah), the game crashed so I just gave up and paxploded the thing so I could try out the other modes.

Anyhow, here's my thoughts on this one, starting with the good points.

Graphically, this is pretty nice.  The palette looks good despite the huge number of playable characters, each with a bunch of remaps.  I agree, there are some moves that are pretty jerky, but the added characters (DAN!) are pretty well made.  There's plenty of freespecials and grab moves for all the characters and they look pretty good for the most part.

And it's nice to finally see a stage select screen; I think this the first mod that's done it.

But there are major issues here, as well.  Please don't take any of this the wrong way, MCW; I can tell you've put a lot of work into this and I'm not trying to put you down or anything.

The level design from the original mod and sadly, the new levels as well, is really bland.  I can understand you not wanting to completely redo the old levels as this is just an alteration, but they honestly need it.  Every level from the original mod is pretty much this:

1.  Fight a bunch of enemies
2.  Walk forward a little bit
3.  Repeat

The levels from the new modes are a little better, but are still really tedious.  Beyond Good and Evil is just fighting every character in the game at once, over and over.  The Rush modes are a little better but still very repetitive.

The other major issue is enemy difficulty.  The enemies in this game are just way too easy; I was able get up to 26 lives when I played through the original mode.  When I did die, it was usually because I was using desperation moves left and right just to get through the levels faster.

One simple (and necessary IMO) fix that would improve this game a lot would be to give your enemies 'escapehits'.  Right now you can just spam your attack1 and kill any enemy without any problems:

This was especially frustrating when I fought Rolento, as he's one of my favorite characters from SFA3.  I want to see him roll backwards and leave a grenade for anyone who would dare to try such tactics against him!

I think the bottom line is this:  Lots of enemies with lots of health doesn't make up for the fact that they can't fight back.  If you could make your levels and enemies more interesting, this mod would be MUCH better.  I like the playable characters for the most part; they just need to be in a more interesting environment.  Again, this is not meant to discourage you, only help you make your mod better.  I really would like to see a reworked version of this mod!

And one last thing:

What is that gadouken doing all the way over there?  ;D

Do you notice that a NPC is help you in the Good story? Do he/she help out?

I can put subtype chase and escapehits for every enemies if you want the game to be more difficult. But they walk in the same line and you can be them up more easy especially in group.

Guess I need to lower the enemy score so player do not get extra life that easy.

Yes. The game is easy if you play Ultimate Rush at begining but have you play more further until bosses or play Extreme Rush until the final stage? The game begining is easy but what about final? Try not to use extra character to play it.

I make Dan Gadoken a bit far because want to give him a small difference because the fireball is small and low attack. If you play wide screen then you will see every character projectile distance.

Have you try beat the Good story, then Evil story? I cannot finish it because OpenBor will shutdown and the log said: No enough memory for animations.

Have you try to beat the game from the begining using PC, I know it may be too long but it is the original design.

Is the player freespecials easy to use or not?

Be a Good Reader,

Offline kbandressen

• Developer
« Reply #27 on: September 28, 2007, 04:01:45 pm »
Sorry, I actually only played the evil mode, lol!  I'll give it a try after work today.  I didn't actually finish any of the modes either; the levels are really long and I just gave up.  Like I said before, I think you should focus more on making individual enemies a threat rather than just overwhelming the player with numbers and giving the enemies huge amounts of health.

I tried to beat the original mode on PSP and it crashed after Level 4 so I just gave up.  The freespecials are good, though!

Offline MCW

• BOR = Beats Of Rage
« Reply #28 on: September 28, 2007, 04:14:32 pm »

My request to make this game golden is fix the anim land like anim jump so animations will keep playing until the character lands regardless how long the animations are.

can you give us a better example for what you want this? I think that's all about better delays on anim jump & making those perfect.

It was a good surprise knowing that this one was getting a facelift, keep up the good work.

PD: Please do enable some modes since there's so much to play with and just 1 mode at the beginning XD...like, make the loooooooong character loading time worth at the start of the game ;) BTW there're tons of modes that I can't even see them!

The problem is solved. DC give tips about landframe for me to solve the anim land problem.

Sorry friend, secret cannot be unlock without beating the game. Just beat once, all the secret will be unlock.

Be a Good Reader,

Offline Mr.Q®

• The Godfather of Modding
    • Sing Lung Iquique
« Reply #29 on: September 28, 2007, 05:31:43 pm »
Oh I know about secrets have to be unlocked XD...Just asking if you can enable at least 1 or 2 modes so it's not mandatory to play the whole mod again and again, after loading every char on the mod...what I mean is, make the initial loading worth a little bit more, that's all ;)
Q (L) Reika, and BTW, no more mr. "Nice Guy".

0%

mighty
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal