Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

What openbor you prefer: Double dragon,battletoads or final fight !? by lirexpatrio
[December 07, 2012, 07:15:27 pm]

what are your favorite games OpenBOR?! by lirexpatrio
[December 07, 2012, 07:09:46 pm]

Post Some Awesome Videos by maxman
[December 07, 2012, 05:51:39 pm]

Can @cmd playmusic "aaaa" 1 also increse music sound ? by BeasTie
[December 07, 2012, 05:24:38 pm]

Streets of Rage: Silent Storm by mtrain
[December 07, 2012, 03:45:05 pm]

Site will be down for maintenance on 12/8/2012 thru 12/10/2012 by Damon Caskey
[December 07, 2012, 07:42:42 am]

Cancelled SOR 3d Remake by riccochet
[December 07, 2012, 03:58:33 am]

Dungeon Fighter: B.O.R. by msmalik681
[December 07, 2012, 03:24:27 am]

[TUTORIAL] How to create 4 Games of OpenBOR in 1 CD (650 MB) by magggas
[December 06, 2012, 09:46:25 pm]

custknife by Bloodbane
[December 06, 2012, 09:34:09 pm]

blockfx help by B.Kardi
[December 06, 2012, 04:09:14 pm]

street of age 4 hd by corradlo
[December 06, 2012, 01:41:36 pm]

ClaFan - Classic Fantasy ver 1.17 by soniczxblade
[December 06, 2012, 05:01:20 am]

Bug Archive by Bloodbane
[December 06, 2012, 02:00:44 am]

"Bio-Doom" and "Gears of Doom" by BulletBob
[December 05, 2012, 10:07:21 pm]

Contra Locked 'N' Loaded v2 by Bloodbane
[December 05, 2012, 09:39:43 pm]

Downloadable OpenBoR Manual by BeasTie
[December 05, 2012, 08:31:24 pm]

Having trouble testing changes by B.Kardi
[December 05, 2012, 03:05:53 pm]

DragonBall Absalon by msmalik681
[December 05, 2012, 02:52:13 pm]

[Hi-Res] Swamp by Vibrant
[December 05, 2012, 10:47:14 am]

• Dot Guests: 7
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

Author Topic: Golden Axe the Hackjob by DC  (Read 15336 times)

Offline Mrgrill247

Re: Golden Axe the Hackjob by DC
« Reply #60 on: July 03, 2011, 04:00:10 am »
Hey DC, I love seeing that your edits are tastefully done. You caught me off guard with the animals having new moves. Love the chicken doing its version of the slam! Ax must have learned from the best to be able to pull off those slams. Have you thought of making an edit where the Ax imitates Hulk Hogan listening :wow!: as he throws a person off the cliff.

Ninja magic. Ninjitsu-to, the ability to seem invisible to cause fear and paralisis in your enemies.

Offline kungpow12345

• Developer
« Reply #61 on: July 03, 2011, 04:18:36 am »
Hey DC, I love seeing that your edits are tastefully done. You caught me off guard with the animals having new moves. Love the chicken doing its version of the slam! Ax must have learned from the best to be able to pull off those slams. Have you thought of making an edit where the Ax imitates Hulk Hogan listening :wow!: as he throws a person off the cliff.

Oh yeah, I second that, brother! ^^

Offline ARGOROK

• May the way of the hero lead you to the TRIFORCE
« Reply #62 on: July 03, 2011, 04:08:32 pm »
 :laughing: Imagine that, it would be so funny  ;D
« Last Edit: July 03, 2011, 06:36:59 pm by ARGOROK »

Offline blazefeilding27

« Reply #63 on: July 06, 2011, 05:43:31 pm »
Any ideas from  golden axe the return of death Adder would be great the best of the golden axe's. Like the idea of rescuing villagers in prison by pulling chains or by smashing manacle's. Or destructible environments, the use of catapults or balistas vertical up screen movement witch leads to new places, multiple route select and the animals that are on there like the praying mantis that martial arts. The scorpion who fires electricity and the fire breathing bone dragons as well as some of the enemies that appeared on that game all of witch made a awesome game.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2011, 06:47:21 pm by blazefeilding27 »

Offline Damon Caskey

• The Gorge
« Reply #64 on: July 07, 2011, 02:55:15 pm »
Still polishing up Ax. I've got the majority of his grappling finished. He still needs a coupel more moves for air to ground throwing, counter blocking and takling. This tree shows how the series works. Just think of King from Tekken and you'll get the idea.

DC
OpenBOR Wiki.

Coming Soon:
Spoiler
Fatal Fury Chronicals

Offline Hanzo

• One for Da Hood
« Reply #65 on: July 07, 2011, 03:38:39 pm »
My jaw just drop after looking all of those grapples man. Bonkers!

Keepin it Old School

Offline utunnels

• Developer
« Reply #66 on: July 07, 2011, 08:13:39 pm »
Let me guess, since you give Ax Battler so many grappling moves, you'll probably focus on sword play when you begin hacking Tyris Flare?

Offline Damon Caskey

• The Gorge
« Reply #67 on: July 07, 2011, 10:01:42 pm »
Actually with Tyris I'll be focusing more on acrobatics and use of the environment. Special moves off of walls, tricks like throwing her sword (GA3) and some such. Here is the basic rundown:

Ax Battler: He's not so much about grappling, but on having the ability to keep up a relentless assault of any kind. I haven't showed them as much, but he's very effective with his swordsmanship too. He's designed so that you can follow just about any of his moves with something. Basically, he's going to have a harder time fighting his way in than the others, but once he's in your face he can pretty much take you to pieces.

Tyris: I'm taking a slightly more realistic approach with her gender. Real females are not "weak but fast". The simple fact is they are physically inferior in every way... especially speed. But that doesn't mean they can't be effective fighters. This is how I'm approaching Tyris. She's slower and weaker the the others, but very acrobatic, tricky, and good at using the environment (i.e. launching herself from a wall, bouncing from enemy to enemy, countering incoming attacks, etc.). She's obviously the best magic user too, not just in power, but precision. Tyris will have the Genesis GA2 ability to use exactly the level of magic she wants. This gives her a huge strategic advantage.

Gilius: The melee monster. Magic sucks, and he's slow on his feet. But he's got the best range, striking power, and endurance. He also makes up for lack of ground speed with evasiveness and tactical footwork. Lastly, his defense is the best too. Aside from being hard to hit and able to take more punishment then the others, Gilius can "hold" a guard position, and block attacks from both sides.

Joe: Joe is an all rounder. He's easily the fastest on his feet and hits every bit as hard as Ax, maybe even harder, but has the worst melee reach by far. On the other hand, he's got a unique set of magic and several tricks of his own. His wolf Yamoto is also a great asset; not just for Joe, but anyone else in the party.

Alex: He's not in the same league as the other heroes and he knows it. Basically, he is kind of slow and weak, like Tyris. But where she makes up for it with magic power and alternate forms physical prowess, Alex relies on sheer ingenuity. Oil bombs, throwing dirt to the eyes, packing a bow, using magic potions to summon a riding creature, Alex is a pragmatic fighter who does whatever it takes to win.

DC

« Last Edit: July 07, 2011, 10:11:03 pm by Damon Caskey »
OpenBOR Wiki.

Coming Soon:
Spoiler
Fatal Fury Chronicals

Offline utunnels

• Developer
« Reply #68 on: July 08, 2011, 04:31:40 am »
I suddenly got an idea during work time, so I Frankensteined some sprites to see how it turned out. Maybe after a bit more polishing work it would look good. :laughing:

BTW, the shading of that bb's leg doesn't look right because it was edited from an up-side-down pose.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2011, 04:35:09 am by utunnels »

Offline Sindor

• French member
    • Donjons & Dragons Origines
« Reply #69 on: July 08, 2011, 08:57:26 am »
Golden axe Remake v2 is awesome, but like arcade, the game isn't that hard and can be easily finished in less than 40 mins. I looked at your WIP and i think the next golden axe could be refreshing! I hope the game to be longer and harder. Good luck DC!
Sindor

Offline Damon Caskey

• The Gorge
« Reply #70 on: July 08, 2011, 09:19:21 am »
Difficulty: Put it this way, I can single credit the Arcade original, but even with all those new moves I've yet to make it past the first level of my own module without losing a life. I'm actually going to tone it down just a bit. There is a difference between difficulty and pure frustration.

DC
« Last Edit: July 08, 2011, 09:21:06 am by Damon Caskey »
OpenBOR Wiki.

Coming Soon:
Spoiler
Fatal Fury Chronicals

Offline Sindor

• French member
    • Donjons & Dragons Origines
« Reply #71 on: July 08, 2011, 10:02:56 am »
Of course: you need to find the best balance between those, and it would change between players.
Sindor

Offline Damon Caskey

• The Gorge
« Reply #72 on: August 31, 2011, 03:35:37 pm »
Been about a month since I did any work, summer just has too many non video gaming things to keep my free time attention.  ;D

I am trying to get back into it some though. I was getting kind of bored of Ax, so I'll come back to him. In the meantime, I'm now working on Tyris a bit. Here is her new idle (more frames) and kick attack (replaces the "boot" in her normal combo).

DC
OpenBOR Wiki.

Coming Soon:
Spoiler
Fatal Fury Chronicals

Offline DJGameFreakTheIguana

• Credit to Vyck_St.Judas, Edited by me.
« Reply #73 on: August 31, 2011, 04:17:45 pm »
Real smooth there DC.  ;)
BTW, you don't mind sharing sprites do ya? I could use that when I get around to updating her for Brawlers.

X)

Offline Feanor

« Reply #74 on: August 31, 2011, 04:50:26 pm »

Excellent animation DC! This mod is very promising.

0%

mighty
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal