Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

What openbor you prefer: Double dragon,battletoads or final fight !? by lirexpatrio
[December 07, 2012, 07:15:27 pm]

what are your favorite games OpenBOR?! by lirexpatrio
[December 07, 2012, 07:09:46 pm]

Post Some Awesome Videos by maxman
[December 07, 2012, 05:51:39 pm]

Can @cmd playmusic "aaaa" 1 also increse music sound ? by BeasTie
[December 07, 2012, 05:24:38 pm]

Streets of Rage: Silent Storm by mtrain
[December 07, 2012, 03:45:05 pm]

Site will be down for maintenance on 12/8/2012 thru 12/10/2012 by Damon Caskey
[December 07, 2012, 07:42:42 am]

Cancelled SOR 3d Remake by riccochet
[December 07, 2012, 03:58:33 am]

Dungeon Fighter: B.O.R. by msmalik681
[December 07, 2012, 03:24:27 am]

[TUTORIAL] How to create 4 Games of OpenBOR in 1 CD (650 MB) by magggas
[December 06, 2012, 09:46:25 pm]

custknife by Bloodbane
[December 06, 2012, 09:34:09 pm]

blockfx help by B.Kardi
[December 06, 2012, 04:09:14 pm]

street of age 4 hd by corradlo
[December 06, 2012, 01:41:36 pm]

ClaFan - Classic Fantasy ver 1.17 by soniczxblade
[December 06, 2012, 05:01:20 am]

Bug Archive by Bloodbane
[December 06, 2012, 02:00:44 am]

"Bio-Doom" and "Gears of Doom" by BulletBob
[December 05, 2012, 10:07:21 pm]

Contra Locked 'N' Loaded v2 by Bloodbane
[December 05, 2012, 09:39:43 pm]

Downloadable OpenBoR Manual by BeasTie
[December 05, 2012, 08:31:24 pm]

Having trouble testing changes by B.Kardi
[December 05, 2012, 03:05:53 pm]

DragonBall Absalon by msmalik681
[December 05, 2012, 02:52:13 pm]

[Hi-Res] Swamp by Vibrant
[December 05, 2012, 10:47:14 am]

• Dot Guests: 9
  • Dot Hidden: 1
  • Dot Users: 1

There aren't any users online.

Author Topic: Knights & Dragons: The Endless Quest  (Read 14898 times)

Offline erf_beto

Re: Knights & Dragons: The Endless Quest - complete
« Reply #30 on: May 24, 2012, 07:24:56 am »
And yes, it would be nice to get a better sense of where it is you're going. Like, you "mouse over" and it shows a text box with the location's name and difficulty, possibly, a little info (like "The Capital of the Kingdom"). Then, if you press attack, you go in. I say this because, despite the awesome map, I'd like to know if I'm going into a forest or a keep (even though being surprised adds to the charm of the game)

Oh, I have an idea which might be kind of... evil.  :blushing:
I thought about this when I played the level where you get captured. Random Encounters: some "quests" move invisibly in the map, at random; if they touch the cursor, you have a small fight (a short level, with varying difficulty), without the confirmation you'd get when choosing a regular quest.

Question: if you complete all green quests, you can't play easy quests anymore? I keep dying on the yellow ones, I want more lives!!!  :laughing:
(actually, grinding those random encounters might be punishment enough)

Offline D@rin

« Reply #31 on: May 24, 2012, 07:34:35 am »
IT runs on xbox ,please , say yes, baby!

Offline darknior

« Reply #32 on: May 24, 2012, 08:15:26 am »
Yes it works :D

Offline Vyck_St.Judas

« Reply #33 on: May 24, 2012, 09:21:55 am »
I'm a spoiled brat and the fighter is my favorite character thus far. I love the fact that they have combos now. I've yet to unlock the others. but looking under the hood, the new guys look sooooo fun to play.
On a side note, I made a bunch of new moves for the original knights and dragons, but they were kinda too convoluted to keep track of. I couldn't share without uploading the entire mod. This time I simplified things so i could just zip up the new sprites along with the Fighter.txt
I'll release, but only if Pierwolf is cool with it.
includes so far: (fighter only)
Run           : get from point A to point B a little faster.
Runattack : low damage Jumping knee lift.
Attackboth: mid damage launcher w. jugglepoints and Energycost to avert the spam/cheese.
also added some extra palette swaps to character select.

Offline BeasTie

« Reply #34 on: May 24, 2012, 11:05:06 am »
@Pierwolf - Just a heads up, I checked to see why the music was taking up so much space, they're all 44hz but some have very high kbps, some over 500kbps.  This isn't really necessary, the original mp3's or wherever you got em from were probably just like that. 

I uniformed them all to 44100Hz and 124kbps, now they're only just over 100mb instead of over 400+, there's no real quality loss at this format either.  Also a lot of the tracks were clipping so I dropped the volume a bit.

It might help some non PC users to do this.

Offline Kyojinmaru

« Reply #35 on: May 24, 2012, 11:11:08 am »
I've played the mod a lot, is awesome, from the characters to levels and music. BOR is only worth thanks to your mods.

Thanks!

Offline Pierwolf

• Pierwolf's Magic chamber of abstract theories about relativity of Karma and metempsychosis
« Reply #36 on: May 24, 2012, 04:13:54 pm »
wow, i missed the internet for two days and i wasn't expecting all this replies! anyway, i'll try to answer them:

Dungeon & Dragon: Shadow Over Mystara 2 :cheers!:

How do I save the game? It's not possible to play it for consecutive hours..

it saves automatically when you exit the game, then in the main menu, instead of choose "new game", you have to choose "load game".

Playing it. Everything looks great so far.
Heh, I like your Cthulhu quote for the graveyard boss.

hehehe, i absolutely LOVE Lovercraft. and if there is some skyrim fan out there, let see if you can find some quote from that game too.   ;)

I found the problem. Apparently everytime you make your character jump as the logo comes scrolling into view during the prologue, the tremor effect causes a delay in the scrolling until it gets stuck. Otherwise, it works just fine! :)

mmm i've tryed jumping all the intro long and it doesn't happen to me. that's indeed strange..

great game, is there any chance we can have a dedicated block button ? when surrounded by multiple enemies on both sides i find it hard to block

great story and gameplay, this is going to keep me busy for a long time :)

no way, i like the block system the way it is, really, it's just a matter of practice!  ;) actually i can play the whole game with one hand only, blocking almost 90% of the attacks with all chars, even those who have a low defense score.  ;D

First Impressions/Questions/Bugs

Issues with text speed:
the story on the first screen scrolls to quickly for me. i am unable to keep up with it. i'm forced to speed read it (i read slowly) and i end up skipping over parts of the story just to understand what is going on.

the text that appears before the quest pops off the screen much to quickly. i do not read as quickly as others, and i really wish there was an option to press "attack" to close the quest description when i am ready instead of it doing it automatically.

i have a similar problem during quest. any messages that appear on more than 1 message box seem to go by much too quickly. i'm half way through reading when the 2nd message appears and i never got to finish reading the first. here as well it would be really nice if the game waited for the user to advance the text manually by pressing attack.

this is an extremely story driven mod. but you are forcing the user to read the story at your pace. some of us are physically incapable of reading at such a quick pace. -=/

i will think about this. you are not the only one that complain about this. it seems i will have to re-think the whole dialogue system.

Main Map Complaints:
the cursor on the map moves a little slow. it takes a noticeable amount of time to really browse the map.

i like this way. i've spent a lot of time drawing the map from scratch, i want to enjoy the particulars and the music when i travel it!  ;D

i can not find a way to end a quest and return to the map to choose another. currently i am exiting the game and then reloading it. is there a better way?

Lack of a "cancel" option:
when in the character index, there is no way to exit. i wanted to double check something but then had to scroll through everything to get back to the game.

i didn't understand what you mean here, sorry; can you be a little more specific?  :dunce:

Suggestion(s):
when talking to a person in the tavern it would be nice of the attack button only started the conversation. it looks a bit weird that i'm taking a swing a them and then they decide to talk to me. =P

i also noticed that when talking to them their text is often split using a hyphen. i think it would work better if their text just popped up on the screen in a larger box. you could set an alpha to that box so that the feeling of conversation isn't lost, perhaps even centering it on the screen.

as i've told before, i will redo the whole dialogue system.

thanks a lot for your accurate test, Blastyrant!  :cheers!: :cheers!:

Oh, I have an idea which might be kind of... evil.  :blushing:
I thought about this when I played the level where you get captured. Random Encounters: some "quests" move invisibly in the map, at random; if they touch the cursor, you have a small fight (a short level, with varying difficulty), without the confirmation you'd get when choosing a regular quest.

really evil! it show you are playing Diablo a lot this days! fortunately for me, the demo and the only online system have really disappointed me enough for not buying it, so i've totally concentrate my energy on my mod!  ;D ;D ;D

Question: if you complete all green quests, you can't play easy quests anymore? I keep dying on the yellow ones, I want more lives!!!  :laughing:
(actually, grinding those random encounters might be punishment enough)

as i've already told, is all a matter of practice!!! this is not an "easy" game!  ;)

I'm a spoiled brat and the fighter is my favorite character thus far. I love the fact that they have combos now. I've yet to unlock the others. but looking under the hood, the new guys look sooooo fun to play.
On a side note, I made a bunch of new moves for the original knights and dragons, but they were kinda too convoluted to keep track of. I couldn't share without uploading the entire mod. This time I simplified things so i could just zip up the new sprites along with the Fighter.txt
Attackboth: mid damage launcher w. jugglepoints and Energycost to avert the spam/cheese.

i don't think i will modify the chars anymore, but feel free to send it to me to show your improvements!  :)

@Pierwolf - Just a heads up, I checked to see why the music was taking up so much space, they're all 44hz but some have very high kbps, some over 500kbps.  This isn't really necessary, the original mp3's or wherever you got em from were probably just like that. 

I uniformed them all to 44100Hz and 124kbps, now they're only just over 100mb instead of over 400+, there's no real quality loss at this format either.  Also a lot of the tracks were clipping so I dropped the volume a bit.

It might help some non PC users to do this.

that would be kind by your part, BeasTie! if you can send it to me i will provide to update the game!  :cheers!:

in the end, a little update: i'm working to implement a LEVEL UP SYSTEM right now, if i will be satisfied with the final result, i will add it to the game! for now, enjoy it and thank you very much to you all, guys! you are the best community i've ever being part of!

thank you very much to you all for the reply!
My current project:

Knights & Dragons: The Endless Quest - COMPLETE!

Offline leprechaun

« Reply #37 on: May 24, 2012, 05:42:41 pm »
men this game is awesomeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

**** off best best besttttttttt :cheers!: :cheers!: :cheers!: :cheers!:

Offline rafhot

• Raf Smash!
    • my creations
« Reply #38 on: May 24, 2012, 05:59:59 pm »
in the end, a little update: i'm working to implement a LEVEL UP SYSTEM right now, if i will be satisfied with the final result, i will add it to the game! for now, enjoy it and thank you very much to you all, guys! you are the best community i've ever being part of!

amazing news it will be using some kind of persistent score? will be per character? or by player session?

Offline Blastyrant

« Reply #39 on: May 24, 2012, 06:22:30 pm »
Lack of a "cancel" option:
when in the character index, there is no way to exit. i wanted to double check something but then had to scroll through everything to get back to the game.

i didn't understand what you mean here, sorry; can you be a little more specific?  :dunce:

Sorry about that...

On the main menu select "How To Play"

Pressing any button here advances this help area, forcing the user to be here until they reach the end. I went back to the "how to play" area a few times to double check some information and found that there is no way to exit this area without reaching the end of the dialog boxes. A cancel button would be a nice addition. Perhaps pressing left and right to navigate the windows (previous/next) and pressing attack closes the window and takes the user back to the main menu.

Quote from: Vyck_St.Judas

I would also like to see some attack updates. This game is a wonderful example of modding. It is challenging, fun, and exciting to play. One thing I feel the game is lacking are special moves. For example, our wizard only knows 3 spells! I fully understand that adding more unique moves to each character is not an easy task. I do hope that you consider it.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2012, 06:24:58 pm by Blastyrant »

Offline BeasTie

« Reply #40 on: May 24, 2012, 09:39:00 pm »
@PW - Np, I'll sort it out an send you a link ASAP.

Edit: Link sent.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2012, 12:41:22 am by BeasTie »

Offline Vyck_St.Judas

« Reply #41 on: May 25, 2012, 05:28:39 am »
Adding finishing touches to "Fighter". I'll send it to you tonight. Is a mediafire link ok?

Offline erf_beto

« Reply #42 on: May 25, 2012, 08:47:17 am »
When the first KnD came out, I made a Fighter variant (among other things...), which didn't have fire attacks. I'd have to dig it up to show it, but it would be nice to see other people's work too.

If it's ok to Pierwolf, there could be a separate thread for variants (characters, monsters, levels, etc).

Offline flemw1234

« Reply #43 on: May 25, 2012, 09:12:13 am »
After reloading a saved game, the green quests I completed show up again is this normal?

Offline Pierwolf

• Pierwolf's Magic chamber of abstract theories about relativity of Karma and metempsychosis
« Reply #44 on: May 25, 2012, 09:45:33 am »

Could anyone please upload to http://www.mediafire.com for me as that supports resumable download. 4shared doesn't :(

the limit for mediafire (not premium) is 200 mb update, and since my mod was 400 mb i wasn't able to update it.

Anyway, Beastie send me the modified music tracks and sfx, with much more compressed files, i will work to implement them in the game this weekend if i'll have the time, so i can upload the game on mediafire for you!

I would also like to see some attack updates. This game is a wonderful example of modding. It is challenging, fun, and exciting to play. One thing I feel the game is lacking are special moves. For example, our wizard only knows 3 spells! I fully understand that adding more unique moves to each character is not an easy task. I do hope that you consider it.

maybe for my next mods i will think something more complex. for now i'm satisfied this way.  ;)

On the main menu select "How To Play"

Pressing any button here advances this help area, forcing the user to be here until they reach the end. I went back to the "how to play" area a few times to double check some information and found that there is no way to exit this area without reaching the end of the dialog boxes. A cancel button would be a nice addition. Perhaps pressing left and right to navigate the windows (previous/next) and pressing attack closes the window and takes the user back to the main menu.

ok, you was talking about the HOW TO, i haven't understood the first time, sorry.  :dunce:

anyway, i don't know if it is possible to do what you propose, the HOW TO section permits only animated gifs for now.

amazing news it will be using some kind of persistent score? will be per character? or by player session?

for now it will be for player session, if i will succeed in doing it. i've already tested that if you quit the game and reload it, the level remains persistent.  ;)

Adding finishing touches to "Fighter". I'll send it to you tonight. Is a mediafire link ok?

ok.

When the first KnD came out, I made a Fighter variant (among other things...), which didn't have fire attacks. I'd have to dig it up to show it, but it would be nice to see other people's work too.

If it's ok to Pierwolf, there could be a separate thread for variants (characters, monsters, levels, etc).

ehy guys, at least give people the time to play and enjoy this one before starting with the variants!  :wow!:  ;)

After reloading a saved game, the green quests I completed show up again is this normal?

no it isn't. are you sure are really the same ones? there are a lot of green quests, maybe you've confused a quest with another?

thanks again to you all!  :cheers!:
My current project:

Knights & Dragons: The Endless Quest - COMPLETE!

0%

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal