Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

What openbor you prefer: Double dragon,battletoads or final fight !? by lirexpatrio
[December 07, 2012, 07:15:27 pm]

what are your favorite games OpenBOR?! by lirexpatrio
[December 07, 2012, 07:09:46 pm]

Post Some Awesome Videos by maxman
[December 07, 2012, 05:51:39 pm]

Can @cmd playmusic "aaaa" 1 also increse music sound ? by BeasTie
[December 07, 2012, 05:24:38 pm]

Streets of Rage: Silent Storm by mtrain
[December 07, 2012, 03:45:05 pm]

Site will be down for maintenance on 12/8/2012 thru 12/10/2012 by Damon Caskey
[December 07, 2012, 07:42:42 am]

Cancelled SOR 3d Remake by riccochet
[December 07, 2012, 03:58:33 am]

Dungeon Fighter: B.O.R. by msmalik681
[December 07, 2012, 03:24:27 am]

[TUTORIAL] How to create 4 Games of OpenBOR in 1 CD (650 MB) by magggas
[December 06, 2012, 09:46:25 pm]

custknife by Bloodbane
[December 06, 2012, 09:34:09 pm]

blockfx help by B.Kardi
[December 06, 2012, 04:09:14 pm]

street of age 4 hd by corradlo
[December 06, 2012, 01:41:36 pm]

ClaFan - Classic Fantasy ver 1.17 by soniczxblade
[December 06, 2012, 05:01:20 am]

Bug Archive by Bloodbane
[December 06, 2012, 02:00:44 am]

"Bio-Doom" and "Gears of Doom" by BulletBob
[December 05, 2012, 10:07:21 pm]

Contra Locked 'N' Loaded v2 by Bloodbane
[December 05, 2012, 09:39:43 pm]

Downloadable OpenBoR Manual by BeasTie
[December 05, 2012, 08:31:24 pm]

Having trouble testing changes by B.Kardi
[December 05, 2012, 03:05:53 pm]

DragonBall Absalon by msmalik681
[December 05, 2012, 02:52:13 pm]

[Hi-Res] Swamp by Vibrant
[December 05, 2012, 10:47:14 am]

• Dot Guests: 13
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

Author Topic: Contra Locked 'N' Loaded v2  (Read 2237 times)

Offline toviciao

Re: Contra Locked 'N' Loaded v2
« Reply #45 on: December 02, 2012, 03:22:38 am »

yes, but not executable and if I replace the include files, with my previous version, does not work
The idea of downloading a newer version is tonuse the exe file!!
So, try again with newer version Of openbor, and if you have save files, delete them just in case.

I tried to download the latest version and take the exe I already had, but the same thing keeps happening when I get a character choose screen credits and closes the open edge

Offline Die_In_Fire

• Where eagles dare!
« Reply #46 on: December 02, 2012, 03:32:12 am »

I tried to download the latest version and take the exe I already had, but the same thing keeps happening when I get a character choose screen credits and closes the open edge

Dude, try this:
1. Make a new folder called, for example: Contra.
2. Download latest openbor Build  (like 3740 for example), and unrar on that folder, remember to use the "Windows" version.
3. Move the Contra.pak (or wherever the name of the pak) to the Pak folder inside your new Contra Folder. (let's suppose Contra/Openbor/Paks) and run the Openbor.exe that is INSIDE that new Contra folder, forget about older versions.

I tried yesterday and it works for me (although I still don't have time to play it longer than 3 minutes). and if I got it to work on the shittiest laptop on earth, enyone can get it to work.

Offline mgman

« Reply #47 on: December 02, 2012, 11:28:15 am »
I recommend using the build that Bloodbane used to test this mod. I tried the latest version and there are visible glitches. For example, enemies should blink white when damaged; but with the latest OpenBOR, the enemies are permanently white after getting hit once. There are other issues I experienced with the latest OpenBOR.

Anyway, I'm going to soon make a list of all the little things that need to be tweaked for a "fixed" final release. I think there should be playtesting before such a grand release :)

Offline Yagami Brando

• http://www.youtube.com/user/YagamiRus
« Reply #48 on: December 02, 2012, 12:19:13 pm »
Anyway, I'm going to soon make a list of all the little things that need to be tweaked for a "fixed" final release. I think there should be playtesting before such a grand release :)
Indeed. There is so much potential in this mod, but still there are lots of little letdowns, mostly because of different small bugs and glitches. They may not affect gameplay very badly, but still it is unpleasant. I hope bloodbane will fix all this stuff and release a fixed final supreme flawless version of his game. :) Hopes-hopes ;)
"In a battle, there is no such word as under-handed."

Offline Bloodbane

• Dark Dragon
« Reply #49 on: December 02, 2012, 10:42:30 pm »
 I don't know the "too fast" issue. It plays fine here so I won't do a thing about this :).

Also, wouldn't it be better to add character names to the character select and during gameplay?

Hmm.... I would have to add a box or something as nameholder.

For bugs posted by Yagami Brando, try it again. I don't have problem jumping over those spots.

Now for save problems, I need opinion about Mission 3: Counterstrike:
a. With cansave 1, you can save your progress but not cleared state which some levels have such as 2nd stage. This causes loading save game means redo the levels again. The advantage is your lives is resetted to 10.
b. With cansave 2, you can save your progress and cleared states too. When you load, you don't have to redo everything again. But the disadvantage is you don't get your lives resetted.

Which one do you prefer?
 Other missions will still have cansave 1.

That reminds me, I'll fix the hatches so it doesn't require cleared state like this anymore.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2012, 12:57:56 am by Bloodbane »
OpenBoR Manual

Basic OpenBoR Tutorials

OpenBoR Tricks & Tutorials

"The more often enemies attack, the more open they are to counter attacks"

Offline toviciao

« Reply #50 on: December 03, 2012, 12:36:05 am »

Dude, try this:
1. Make a new folder called, for example: Contra.
2. Download latest openbor Build  (like 3740 for example), and unrar on that folder, remember to use the "Windows" version.
3. Move the Contra.pak (or wherever the name of the pak) to the Pak folder inside your new Contra Folder. (let's suppose Contra/Openbor/Paks) and run the Openbor.exe that is INSIDE that new Contra folder, forget about older versions.

I tried yesterday and it works for me (although I still don't have time to play it longer than 3 minutes). and if I got it to work on the shittiest laptop on earth, enyone can get it to work.

Ok friend, now if. I was a bit awkward to not investigate well the files of the new version. Thank you very much for your help. Time to recharge!

Offline mgman

« Reply #51 on: December 03, 2012, 03:06:57 pm »
Ok, bloodbane, sounds good :)

I have a laundry list of problems/suggestions that will definitely improve the glitches and current problems encountered in the version of the mod. Finishing that, you can be confident the proper version of the final release.

Offline Bloodbane

• Dark Dragon
« Reply #52 on: December 03, 2012, 10:35:18 pm »
 mgman, what do you think about the cansave question above?
OpenBoR Manual

Basic OpenBoR Tutorials

Offline mgman

« Reply #53 on: December 03, 2012, 11:47:58 pm »
Me, personally, I don't use the save feature haha!

But if I had to make a choice, I'd go with cansave 2 for mission 3. Although it doesn't reset lives to 10, people can continue where they left off, which is a more "accurate saving". I think it will at least save time from certain battles.

Offline Bloodbane

• Dark Dragon
« Reply #54 on: December 04, 2012, 10:50:49 pm »
 Yeah, I can play this mod fine without saving but I have to give some aid for players ;).

BTW mgman, do you have problems on places mentioned by Yagami Brando above? (in 2nd mission)

@Yagami Brando and others: do you have too fast issue on anything?
OpenBoR Manual

Basic OpenBoR Tutorials

Offline nsw25

• My latest films official facebook page
« Reply #55 on: December 05, 2012, 12:14:27 am »
New version rocks, its so hard though lol.

How on earth did you do those homing rockets ? im guessing they are NPCs set to chase ?

well done, ill keep playing and hopefully i can get better- i got to 'attack aggressivly'
My current project: Simpsons treehouse of horror
My very first mod: Evil dead 2 redux

Offline Yagami Brando

• http://www.youtube.com/user/YagamiRus
« Reply #56 on: December 05, 2012, 01:12:24 am »
For bugs posted by Yagami Brando, try it again. I don't have problem jumping over those spots.
BloodBane, about the issues in the second mission - well I'm ok with those short ledges, although it is hard to reach them.
I also don't argue that the area with earthquake can be completed without problems, if you know where to jump. But the issue is, if you don't know where to jump, when the ground goes down you are kinda able to stand on it. Although it is already a bottomless pit. I suppose it must kill the player if he falls down. Because now it doesn't. And the only way to proceed is to jump through the wall and die (like I showed in the screenshots.)

And about too fast issues - I don't know what it is. Kinda everything is starting to move too fast or something? Never encountered this.
"In a battle, there is no such word as under-handed."

Offline mgman

« Reply #57 on: December 05, 2012, 12:56:52 pm »
I think the too fast issue, if it is what I think it is, is just a case of bad memory on my part  :P

But as far as some of the music goes in the game, many tracks are noticeably higher pitch and speed than the originals. I don't know if it's just my computer or a conversion error, but I have a video of one example.

Offline Bloodbane

• Dark Dragon
« Reply #58 on: December 05, 2012, 09:39:43 pm »
How on earth did you do those homing rockets ? im guessing they are NPCs set to chase ?

No, you got it wrong! :)
 Homing Rocket has special AI which make them turn if 'required' (technical description is long).

OTOH chase AI only works in 3D mods not 2D mods like this.

I suppose it must kill the player if he falls down. Because now it doesn't. And the only way to proceed is to jump through the wall and die (like I showed in the screenshots.)

Hmm.... let me try falling there.

(one day later)

Ack! you are right, Yagami Brando! the collapsing block, didn't fall at all. I could even stand and shoot upwards from inside hole.

I've fixed this and also updated the blocks so they have different order of collapsing now.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2012, 12:26:47 am by Bloodbane »
OpenBoR Manual

Basic OpenBoR Tutorials

0%

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal