Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

What openbor you prefer: Double dragon,battletoads or final fight !? by lirexpatrio
[December 07, 2012, 07:15:27 pm]

what are your favorite games OpenBOR?! by lirexpatrio
[December 07, 2012, 07:09:46 pm]

Post Some Awesome Videos by maxman
[December 07, 2012, 05:51:39 pm]

Can @cmd playmusic "aaaa" 1 also increse music sound ? by BeasTie
[December 07, 2012, 05:24:38 pm]

Streets of Rage: Silent Storm by mtrain
[December 07, 2012, 03:45:05 pm]

Site will be down for maintenance on 12/8/2012 thru 12/10/2012 by Damon Caskey
[December 07, 2012, 07:42:42 am]

Cancelled SOR 3d Remake by riccochet
[December 07, 2012, 03:58:33 am]

Dungeon Fighter: B.O.R. by msmalik681
[December 07, 2012, 03:24:27 am]

[TUTORIAL] How to create 4 Games of OpenBOR in 1 CD (650 MB) by magggas
[December 06, 2012, 09:46:25 pm]

custknife by Bloodbane
[December 06, 2012, 09:34:09 pm]

blockfx help by B.Kardi
[December 06, 2012, 04:09:14 pm]

street of age 4 hd by corradlo
[December 06, 2012, 01:41:36 pm]

ClaFan - Classic Fantasy ver 1.17 by soniczxblade
[December 06, 2012, 05:01:20 am]

Bug Archive by Bloodbane
[December 06, 2012, 02:00:44 am]

"Bio-Doom" and "Gears of Doom" by BulletBob
[December 05, 2012, 10:07:21 pm]

Contra Locked 'N' Loaded v2 by Bloodbane
[December 05, 2012, 09:39:43 pm]

Downloadable OpenBoR Manual by BeasTie
[December 05, 2012, 08:31:24 pm]

Having trouble testing changes by B.Kardi
[December 05, 2012, 03:05:53 pm]

DragonBall Absalon by msmalik681
[December 05, 2012, 02:52:13 pm]

[Hi-Res] Swamp by Vibrant
[December 05, 2012, 10:47:14 am]

• Dot Guests: 5
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

Author Topic: Night Slashers X - by BonusJZ  (Read 128055 times)

Offline miguelo

Re: Night Slashers X - by BonusJZ
« Reply #105 on: May 01, 2009, 02:00:19 pm »
very good. also i like the new things that openbor 3.0 can make.

the only think bad is that i feel y a little hard... i always like play in hard difficultys, but now i think i need more credits!  :teary_eyed:

one question, what is one securepak?

is a protection for non extract the file?
or is a new system for make the game dont fail and autorepair in some little errors cases and avoid crashes?

by the way, congratulations. not only for this mod, even for the others demos i see from you, because always are good, and are really diferent of the simple beat em up game that can be maked with openbor.
you know, they are in some cases things like one metal slug or hyperduel (one arcade r-type style with a beat em up engine  :oops:).

i think that you must search some friends for help you and maybe you can end some those good games you started, because i see very good ideas, but i know is totally impossible end all those proyects :laughing:. (is hard end one game, so well imagine more... :P)

by example, i like the metal slug bor of you since i are a huge fan of metal slug saga, but unfortunate i think that these proyect is now abandoned right? :'(

well, congratulations again for this cool mod ;) and keep the good work :cheers!:

Offline megatron187

« Reply #106 on: May 01, 2009, 10:04:17 pm »
cant get this to work in my softmodded xbox when u unrar the pak file it comes with the extension .spk, when I switch that tht to .PAK or .pak it still does not work. Any ideas.

BonusJZ has informed me hat there is no good openbor emulator for the xbox yet that can run this game. I'm hoping there will be one soon.

Offline lawson357

« Reply #107 on: May 01, 2009, 10:57:22 pm »
cant get this to work in my softmodded xbox when u unrar the pak file it comes with the extension .spk, when I switch that tht to .PAK or .pak it still does not work. Any ideas.

BonusJZ has informed me hat there is no good openbor emulator for the xbox yet that can run this game. I'm hoping there will be one soon.

Dammit 2 Hell. LMAO. I guess Ill Keep posted thanks for your reply this sucks though
« Last Edit: May 02, 2009, 03:59:54 am by lawson357 »

Offline DJGameFreakTheIguana

• Credit to Vyck_St.Judas, Edited by me.
« Reply #108 on: May 01, 2009, 10:59:46 pm »
Just wanted to let you know before the admins warn you, don't post in all caps

Offline BonusJZ

• Banned
    • YouTube Chanel
« Reply #109 on: May 01, 2009, 11:22:32 pm »
Quote from first post  :whoosh!::

There are two versions:

* PC and XBoX (XBoX xbe is still in development) - extra gore version!!!
    * Sony PSP Slim only (you can still use pc/xbox pak but game will suffer from lower framerate) , just unzip the folder and put on your psp in game3xx or game5xx

(please not make mirrors - link to this post if needed)

« Last Edit: May 01, 2009, 11:36:09 pm by BonusJZ »

Offline Kolbek

• Look up. Yep, thats my oil painting. :)
    • The Artwork of John Kolbek
« Reply #110 on: May 01, 2009, 11:46:42 pm »
OMG....caps! No no no no! You're gonna get yelled at!!!! :wow!:
Cartoon Hell!!!

Offline Bloodbane

• Dark Dragon
« Reply #111 on: May 02, 2009, 06:52:10 am »
 Thanks again to Fight n Words for the help downloading this big mod!

When I read tons of posts in this thread saying about this mod's difficulty, I'm almost worry about it. But after trying it myself, it's not as 'nightmare' as those posts said. In fact, it's normal difficulty for me.
 Not saying I learn it instantly, but as said before, I had practices to get used to this mod's gameplay, in other mods actually. At 1st, I had to lose credits early and end my journey at 7th stage, 2nd level. But on 2nd try, I could survive long enough until Grim Reaper took my last life. I did finish the mod and killed the last boss. I'm surprised to know that he has last trick on his sleeve ;). Almost unnoticed. Good!

There's no movelist for this mod so I had to figure out couple moves myself. I played as Jake BTW. Took some time to realize that enemies can only be grabbed in pain state but after that, it's slam party! ;D ;D. Piledriver, suplex, slam and 'skateboarding' LOL. It was fun! Great work BonusJZ!
 Haven't tried other heroes yet. I'll try them after I get complete movelist. OTOH I don't
think I've tried all of Jake's moves yet. Still wonder about his super uppercut command.

For enemies, for those who have played original NightSlasher, you could notice AI difference. Quite significant IMO. Guy with knife is usually nightmare for me but in this mod, he's quite tame. Aggression level is lower here than in original one.
 If I'm not mistaken, bosses use chase AI in this mod. In original, they use chasez AI. Significant difference. Still, Grim Reaper is headache in both IMO.
 Not saying it's bad thing though. It's another aspect which make this mod easier than original game.
 Oh yes, I'm surprised to see Pharaoh can summon doppels. I didn't see him do that on 1st try. Still, took some time to figure out the real one.

New weapons are good addition! M-16 is ace card in boss fights ;). I didn't thought I could throw grenades more than once.
 Ah, taunt for dropping weapon! Alright, I'll try it.

The 1st stage is nice addition. I was wondering if I could visit it when I played the original.

Did find a secret path, in the first stage, takes you too a lab and then a truck.

Aaah, thanks for the info!

Anyone have a movelist?

I only figured out some. I said above about grabbing enemy in pain state. While grabbing, there are lots of moves. Haven't tried all but grabup, grabdown, grabbackward are doable. And in addition to that there are slam moves which require jump button i.e Jump+Back, Jump+Forward. I still need to find how to perform Dynamite Spin (Jake).
 BTW Jake can move while performing Attack+Jump. And he can move while grabbing enemy.
OpenBoR Manual

Basic OpenBoR Tutorials

OpenBoR Tricks & Tutorials

"The more often enemies attack, the more open they are to counter attacks"

Offline Shin Kazahara

• Hi! My Name is Dancing Train!!!
    • ダンシング☆トレインのブログ
« Reply #112 on: May 02, 2009, 09:56:41 am »
After this game had been started with PSP, it was deported to Home Menu.
If possible, please correct it.
My OpenBOR MODs.
Denjin Makai ZERO(2009)
Hyper Final Fight : The Return Of Black(2010)

Offline SmashedBrother

« Reply #113 on: May 02, 2009, 03:29:26 pm »
After this game had been started with PSP, it was deported to Home Menu.
If possible, please correct it.

It works just fine on my PSP Slim.  Do you have that one, or the old 'phat' model?  I believe that it doesn't work on that model.

Offline OSBORNE, A.

« Reply #114 on: May 03, 2009, 01:39:47 am »
After playing this for several hours, I have come to the conclusion (like many others) that the credit limit is too low.  I would definitely drop more than 75 cents on this at an arcade, and since this feels so much like a true arcade port, having just three credits takes away from the experience and adds unnecessary difficulty.  The few who are arguing that three is more than enough can simply play on less credits.

Also, someone needs to get together a hidden level / move list compendium fast.

Offline Kolbek

« Reply #115 on: May 03, 2009, 03:49:41 pm »
Thats a good point, actually. This is basically a upgraded (amazing) true to arcade port with ALOT of extra flair! Now dont get me wrong, I am from the oldschool nintendo generation, no continues, no options to save, and the system resetting itself or freezing near the very end of the game. So I enjoy a challenge, and this game is pretty challenging. However, reading what you said, there is no way in heck you could have beaten this game in the arcade with 2 credits. Even 4 or 6 credits in total, and that game couldnt be beat. Now, maybe for a person who dosent sleep and lives at the arcade and knows the timing and the game inside and out could possibly beat it on 2 or 3 credits...but I dont see the majority doing this well.

I think the no of credits should be optional to the player. If they want it more challenging, then they can allways decrease it. This game has so much to offer, I would love to see what comes next, but sadly I seem to keep joining the dead at lvl4 and thats it!
Again, I feel this game is perfect, that was my only complaint
Cartoon Hell!!!

Offline the7k

• PSN: the_7k
« Reply #116 on: May 03, 2009, 04:59:35 pm »
Well, I'm not sure how hard the original was, but I assume that anybody can beat pretty much any well designed game on even one life. I personally beat Metal Slug 2 without getting hit, and I've heard of some beating games like Ikaruga without dying.

I got pretty close to beating this (I feel pretty sure), but right after the stage where you fight on top of an airplane, my game crashed. It crashed, I assume, right after lv6b/before lv6c, because that is the last thing shown unloading/loading in the log. Not sure if this has already happened to anybody else.

Offline Kolbek

« Reply #117 on: May 03, 2009, 10:04:40 pm »
Trust me...I can name some games you COULDNT beat with one life no matter how hard u try... there are some oldies that might give that statement a run for its money...lol
Cartoon Hell!!!

Offline OSBORNE, A.

« Reply #118 on: May 04, 2009, 12:18:56 am »
Well, I'm not sure how hard the original was, but I assume that anybody can beat pretty much any well designed game on even one life. I personally beat Metal Slug 2 without getting hit, and I've heard of some beating games like Ikaruga without dying.

I'm positive you could finish this game on one life if you were so inclined.  The load game feature makes this very very possible - you can start a run, work on a level until you perfect it, then move on to the next.

My issue with this is that, as I'm not a beat 'em up god (I abuse the jab infinite on bosses and know only a handful of combos), it's much harder for me to appreciate this game when I have to start over because I am at the eighth stage with one life and no continues.

Frustration is a dated game mechanic.

Oh, and also: this is not a problem I have with Night Slashers, specifically.  Unnecessary difficulty is true of many OpenBOR games.  The difference is that this game is so well-executed that I truly want to make my way through it more than once.

Offline Ericard Production

• Banned
« Reply #119 on: May 04, 2009, 02:30:30 am »
Do we need to sacrefice any HP during the counter attack?

0%

mighty
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal