Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

What openbor you prefer: Double dragon,battletoads or final fight !? by lirexpatrio
[December 07, 2012, 07:15:27 pm]

what are your favorite games OpenBOR?! by lirexpatrio
[December 07, 2012, 07:09:46 pm]

Post Some Awesome Videos by maxman
[December 07, 2012, 05:51:39 pm]

Can @cmd playmusic "aaaa" 1 also increse music sound ? by BeasTie
[December 07, 2012, 05:24:38 pm]

Streets of Rage: Silent Storm by mtrain
[December 07, 2012, 03:45:05 pm]

Site will be down for maintenance on 12/8/2012 thru 12/10/2012 by Damon Caskey
[December 07, 2012, 07:42:42 am]

Cancelled SOR 3d Remake by riccochet
[December 07, 2012, 03:58:33 am]

Dungeon Fighter: B.O.R. by msmalik681
[December 07, 2012, 03:24:27 am]

[TUTORIAL] How to create 4 Games of OpenBOR in 1 CD (650 MB) by magggas
[December 06, 2012, 09:46:25 pm]

custknife by Bloodbane
[December 06, 2012, 09:34:09 pm]

blockfx help by B.Kardi
[December 06, 2012, 04:09:14 pm]

street of age 4 hd by corradlo
[December 06, 2012, 01:41:36 pm]

ClaFan - Classic Fantasy ver 1.17 by soniczxblade
[December 06, 2012, 05:01:20 am]

Bug Archive by Bloodbane
[December 06, 2012, 02:00:44 am]

"Bio-Doom" and "Gears of Doom" by BulletBob
[December 05, 2012, 10:07:21 pm]

Contra Locked 'N' Loaded v2 by Bloodbane
[December 05, 2012, 09:39:43 pm]

Downloadable OpenBoR Manual by BeasTie
[December 05, 2012, 08:31:24 pm]

Having trouble testing changes by B.Kardi
[December 05, 2012, 03:05:53 pm]

DragonBall Absalon by msmalik681
[December 05, 2012, 02:52:13 pm]

[Hi-Res] Swamp by Vibrant
[December 05, 2012, 10:47:14 am]

• Dot Guests: 5
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

Author Topic: Night Slashers X - by BonusJZ  (Read 128054 times)

Offline BonusJZ

• Banned
    • YouTube Chanel
Re: Night Slashers X - by BonusJZ
« Reply #195 on: May 26, 2009, 06:52:06 am »
I love this game,I play it in my psp-2000,The felling is very good! Grin
(badly:Opening Waiting time is too long)
Nice to hear it sadly installing can be only longer in next update . Also its done like this to minimize to absolute minimum loadings betwin the levels for more arcade feel. IMO its better to wait 3 minute on begin then 1 minute betwin every level .... losing focus
Well maybe i put some topless picture as loading screen  ;D - I bet noone will notice loading time  ;)

I'm still working on new playable character and enemy's ,also available cast gain new moves (players/enemys) - can someone recognise this one (take awhile to make):

« Last Edit: May 26, 2009, 06:59:56 am by BonusJZ »

Offline Damon Caskey

• The Gorge
« Reply #196 on: May 26, 2009, 08:23:01 am »
IMO its better to wait 3 minute on begin then 1 minute betwin every level .... losing focus

Agreed.

I'm still working on new playable character and enemy's ,also available cast gain new moves (players/enemys) - can someone recognise this one (take awhile to make):

I don't know if it is where you got the inspiration from, but the animation is nearly identical to Terry Bogard's Burn Knuckle. That said, I believe it needs one more frame. Going right from the arm fully extended to a generic landing pose is a bit jerky. Using the Burn Knuckle as an example, you'll notice it has a custom land animation with Terry's arm still partially extended.

DC

*Edit* Actually, I just looked closer, and realized it isn't the Burn Knuckle, it's Blood's forward A+J attack from Vendetta. Nice. It still needs an extra frame though. Just like I was talking about with Terry above, Blood had a land animation with his arm recoiling.

« Last Edit: May 26, 2009, 08:59:34 am by Damon Caskey »
OpenBOR Wiki.

Coming Soon:
Spoiler
Fatal Fury Chronicals

Offline BonusJZ

• Banned
    • YouTube Chanel
« Reply #198 on: May 26, 2009, 09:10:33 am »
*Edit* Actually, I just looked closer, and realized it isn't the Burn Knuckle, it's Blood's forward A+J attack from Vendetta. Nice. It still needs an extra frame though. Just like I was talking about with Terry above, Blood had a land animation with his arm recoiling.
Exactly  :) - hmm ... maybe indeed i will add frame for more swing effect
« Last Edit: May 26, 2009, 09:35:15 am by BonusJZ »

Offline VaMpiRE LieD

« Reply #199 on: May 26, 2009, 02:14:00 pm »
Night Slashers is finally portable!!!!!!    ;D

Offline bWWd

« Reply #200 on: May 26, 2009, 02:32:49 pm »
BonusJZ is it possible to release version with one character only ? To save memory and be able to play on PSP with 32MB ram ? Maybe even dreamcast ? Maybe 3 versions for each character.Im not sure how you made models.txt and loading but this could be as simple as deleting characters txt files from models.txt and leave just one character to play.

Offline BonusJZ

• Banned
    • YouTube Chanel
« Reply #201 on: May 26, 2009, 02:58:57 pm »
Yea I was writing about that few post ago - but first I want wash out all possible bugs and make ultimate version (I'm only human) - bosses/enemy's gain new moves ,gameplay - mechanics and balance ,characters nice moves and edits
Then is a mather to make a pool and all of you chose the characters to that version (hope for two) - its really not a problem to remove some things ...

Offline VaMpiRE LieD

« Reply #202 on: May 26, 2009, 03:11:20 pm »
jz i sent you a pm but i dont know if you got it.
i love this game, but i can't get throught it. is there any way to add infinite credits or to cheat at all? i have psp version.
thanks for the help!

Offline Yagami Brando

• http://www.youtube.com/user/YagamiRus
« Reply #203 on: May 26, 2009, 03:25:35 pm »
lol - no cheats dude :laughing:
You will have to train hard - it took me a week to complete the game))
"In a battle, there is no such word as under-handed."

Offline zerobinary

« Reply #204 on: May 26, 2009, 03:32:24 pm »
jz i sent you a pm but i dont know if you got it.
i love this game, but i can't get throught it. is there any way to add infinite credits or to cheat at all? i have psp version.
thanks for the help!

Yes, I too enjoy BonusJZ's latest masterpiece on Night Slashers X.
I agree with VaMpiRE LieD in that some levels and Bosses can be particularly difficult to finish and defeat, especially when you only have one life and are out of continues. This is what makes it very difficult for some people, including myself who would like the ability to continue to enjoy the game and be able to finish it and see it's ending, a little frustrating. I can understand if cheats are disabled in this game to make it a little more challenging for some players, but it wouldn't hurt to have the option of having a difficulty level that the player could at least choose from. The player could select from a difficulty setting like Easy, Normal, or Hard to be able to comfortably play the game at their particular level, but the only option available is Survival Mode.

Please BonusJZ, consider these constructive comments as I and VaMpiRE LieD have mentioned. You have a very good game on your hands, and that shows with every game you continue to put out, but please do take all suggestions and comments into consideration that you receive as positive feed back.

Also, if you wouldn't mind enabling cheats for Vampire Hunters as well, that would make game play a little easier for that game too.  :cheers!: 

Offline zerobinary

« Reply #205 on: May 26, 2009, 03:51:45 pm »
lol - no cheats dude :laughing:
You will have to train hard - it took me a week to complete the game))

Yes, it is true that there is no option to be able to cheat in an OpenBor game while playing it on your PSP, because it is not incorporated into the OpenBor Engine for PSP itself. However in versions that are out for the PC, a cheat option is readily available under system options if you take a close look. What I would like to see more of, is the ability to be able to keep the option of using cheats on an open-minded level, so that players can choose at their own free will, whether or not they wish to use unlimited lives or continues to help them progress through an otherwise difficult game, stage, or boss that they can not get through.

This is what I am kindly asking BonusJZ to consider doing with his latest mods for OpenBor PC versions, as I know and am well aware of that there are many mods available here for OpenBor for the PC, that have the option to use cheats enabled. It would be as I've kindly stated, beneficial to the game player if they were having difficulty in the game or just trying to finish it, without too many limitations on lives and continues. Or, the other alternative as I had mentioned earlier, would be to have a difficulty setting to choose from like Easy, Normal, or Hard Mode the player to pick from.

Offline VaMpiRE LieD

« Reply #206 on: May 26, 2009, 05:18:05 pm »
My problem is that I play on psp almost exclusively as it is convenient.
I was searching forever for an emulator that would run night slashers and stumbled upon openbor. My only problem is the difficulty, which players of the original arcade night slashers complained about.
With an emulator, you could just keep adding credits. This version i am finding impossible.
Also, I downloaded the splatter house trilogy and cannot get it to run.
Any help with any of the above would be greatly appreciated.
The obvious solution is to play on a computer, but I'd rather play on psp because it's convenient, and I'd like to play more than one time through, which i would do on computer as it frustrated me.
Thanks guys.
And to bonusjz thank you for making night slashers possible!!!

Offline Barbalbero

« Reply #207 on: May 28, 2009, 03:53:00 am »
First of all, thank you BJZ for this truly awesome game, it's by far the best mod I've ever played on OpenBOR, so keep up the good work ^_^

You surely know how to make a good scrolling beu!

Now, since i like this game so much, I want to point out three things that I find "problematic", hoping to be of some help ^_^

1) I've the feeling that characters are too similar move-wise. It's almost if it doesn't matter who I choose, because they have the same moves, done in the same way (well this is quite standard for scrolling beu anyway), with almost the same effect (speed, range), so I tend to choose the one I prefer graphically (Christopher). There're slight differencies between characters, but not that great, and I think it would be better if they had really different moves and "palyability", something like SORII, where choosing Max instead of Skate completely changes the way to play the game.

2) By far the most annoying thing I found on this game is when I want to start a combo and accidentally pick-up an item hidden by a corpse on the ground. I lost countless lives by Bosses because of that (since all Bosses attack/counterattack istantly if you break the standard combo or wait too much in front of them without attacking). With health items it doesn't happen because there's smoke coming out of them which is usually visible, but gems and weapons are not. I don't know if that was intentional or not (maybe to add some more difficulty), but I found that annoying most of the time.

3) Two days ago I finished the game with Christopher, I was doing very well, not losing any continue up to the last boss. But then I lose all of my continues, remaining with the last life and half energy bar... some strange things happened with the last boss: I used the special jump+block when it was using that fire-shield sphere-shaped thing, and I lost to it, burning. I don't know if it's a bug but I expected this to work on everything to save from tricky situations. Now the energy recharge thing: I already finished the game with Jasmin but I haven't noticed that every now and then the boss regains some energy, but with Christopher it became a little frustrating, because it was almost dead (like a pixel of energy), I hit it but it didn't die, and suddenly it regained something like 1/4 of energy (whereas usually it regains almost half of that). This felt *very* unfair because it should be dead!

Other than that it's a great great game! :)

I've to last questions:

1) where are the Boss music tracks from 2nd (franky) and 4th (Dracula) level from? I've already heard those but I don't remember where!

2) Other that the elevator one in level 2, there're other alternative routes?

Thanks again for this great game!
« Last Edit: May 28, 2009, 04:22:57 am by Barbalbero »

Offline fumanchu

« Reply #208 on: May 28, 2009, 11:03:11 am »
How are things coming along with the xbox version bonus?

Offline miguelo

« Reply #209 on: May 29, 2009, 07:35:24 am »
VaMpiRE LieD, fist i have to say that i dont want to be a flamer or another bad thing/problem related.

but sincerely man, better DONT ask about cheats...

because the experience says me that cheaters not are "very welcome" here :nervous:...

http://lavalit.com:8080/index.php/topic,2841.120.html

but apart, if you read the olds post you find some playing tricks that can be very useful for you...  ;)

because some players (even if this game is hard) can finish the game, and have learn some useful tricks.  :cheers!:

for a little example: i think one good advice is not stay in front of a boss that you punch and send to the ground, because when these boss rises, is INVULNERABLE and sure him attacks you and you cant attack him in that moment!.

but the truth is that im not the best for talk about it, because i cant finish the game the time it works for me...

i try another bor games with the new engine and this causes me that the engine dont works again (but only with this game). but sure the team repair this problem more early or more later.  :)
« Last Edit: May 29, 2009, 07:46:14 am by miguelo »

0%

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal