Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

What openbor you prefer: Double dragon,battletoads or final fight !? by lirexpatrio
[December 07, 2012, 07:15:27 pm]

what are your favorite games OpenBOR?! by lirexpatrio
[December 07, 2012, 07:09:46 pm]

Post Some Awesome Videos by maxman
[December 07, 2012, 05:51:39 pm]

Can @cmd playmusic "aaaa" 1 also increse music sound ? by BeasTie
[December 07, 2012, 05:24:38 pm]

Streets of Rage: Silent Storm by mtrain
[December 07, 2012, 03:45:05 pm]

Site will be down for maintenance on 12/8/2012 thru 12/10/2012 by Damon Caskey
[December 07, 2012, 07:42:42 am]

Cancelled SOR 3d Remake by riccochet
[December 07, 2012, 03:58:33 am]

Dungeon Fighter: B.O.R. by msmalik681
[December 07, 2012, 03:24:27 am]

[TUTORIAL] How to create 4 Games of OpenBOR in 1 CD (650 MB) by magggas
[December 06, 2012, 09:46:25 pm]

custknife by Bloodbane
[December 06, 2012, 09:34:09 pm]

blockfx help by B.Kardi
[December 06, 2012, 04:09:14 pm]

street of age 4 hd by corradlo
[December 06, 2012, 01:41:36 pm]

ClaFan - Classic Fantasy ver 1.17 by soniczxblade
[December 06, 2012, 05:01:20 am]

Bug Archive by Bloodbane
[December 06, 2012, 02:00:44 am]

"Bio-Doom" and "Gears of Doom" by BulletBob
[December 05, 2012, 10:07:21 pm]

Contra Locked 'N' Loaded v2 by Bloodbane
[December 05, 2012, 09:39:43 pm]

Downloadable OpenBoR Manual by BeasTie
[December 05, 2012, 08:31:24 pm]

Having trouble testing changes by B.Kardi
[December 05, 2012, 03:05:53 pm]

DragonBall Absalon by msmalik681
[December 05, 2012, 02:52:13 pm]

[Hi-Res] Swamp by Vibrant
[December 05, 2012, 10:47:14 am]

• Dot Guests: 8
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

Author Topic: Night Slashers X - by BonusJZ  (Read 128003 times)

Offline Koban

Re: Night Slashers X - by BonusJZ
« Reply #210 on: May 31, 2009, 01:35:50 am »
I've to last questions:

1) where are the Boss music tracks from 2nd (franky) and 4th (Dracula) level from? I've already heard those but I don't remember where!

2) Other that the elevator one in level 2, there're other alternative routes?

Thanks again for this great game!

Both of those tracks are from Nightmare Creatures, I should know since this mod inspired me to look them up and listen to them again. They're either named after the bosses or the levels they take place in, the one for the monster being 'Sewer Snake' and the one for Dracula is (I think) 'Westminster Roofs.' BonusJZ might be able to correct me on the latter, though.

When it comes to your second question, that's another one that I'm curious to learn about from BonusJZ.

Offline Duke will nuke

« Reply #211 on: June 01, 2009, 02:37:41 am »
Wow... just wow awesome work! Thanks a lot, will download soon and play it  ;D

Offline XeroBlaq

« Reply #212 on: June 01, 2009, 09:18:05 am »
Hey guys, new to this site, I signed up after seeing this game on Gametrailers, looks sick.

Question: How do I open this game? I have downloaded it and I have no game emulators to use. Whenever I go to open it (on my PC, that's the version I DL'd and am planning to use it on) the screen will open and the game will begin to load while saying "Warning: explicit violence, blah blah blah". At around 50% of the game loading, it will freeze. :grumpy: I have yet to open the .spk file in the Paks file. I am using the trial version of WinRAR. Any suggestions as to how I can get around this? Also, I am unfamiliar modding and emulators and all that stuff, so you'll have to be pretty simple when explaining it to me. Thanks guys

Offline Bloodbane

• Dark Dragon
« Reply #213 on: June 01, 2009, 10:30:55 am »
the game will begin to load while saying "Warning: explicit violence, blah blah blah". At around 50% of the game loading, it will freeze.

Hmmm... it's loading problem and I don't think opening this pak won't help.

BTW this pak is secured IOW unopenable.
OpenBoR Manual

Basic OpenBoR Tutorials

OpenBoR Tricks & Tutorials

"The more often enemies attack, the more open they are to counter attacks"

Offline Damon Caskey

• The Gorge
« Reply #214 on: June 01, 2009, 11:44:13 am »

Just for the record, OpenBOR is not an emulator. An emulator simulates the hardware of a platform (SNES, Genesis, DC, whatever), and then you can run that device's software. OpenBOR is the equvilent of the software. It doesn't emulate platforms, it is a game that runs on them. It just happens to be home created and infinitly moddable.

Anyway... you may not actually have a problem. Right about the time that bar hits midway is when the character resources start loading, and these can take quite a while for big modules. That in turn makes the bar stop and everything looks frozen. Nightslashers is quite large and frontloads a lot of stuff other modules load in between levels (keeps midlevel load times down).

Try waiting some more, and it might work just fine.

DC
OpenBOR Wiki.

Coming Soon:
Spoiler
Fatal Fury Chronicals

Offline XeroBlaq

« Reply #215 on: June 01, 2009, 07:20:52 pm »

Just for the record, OpenBOR is not an emulator. An emulator simulates the hardware of a platform (SNES, Genesis, DC, whatever), and then you can run that device's software. OpenBOR is the equvilent of the software. It doesn't emulate platforms, it is a game that runs on them. It just happens to be home created and infinitly moddable.

Anyway... you may not actually have a problem. Right about the time that bar hits midway is when the character resources start loading, and these can take quite a while for big modules. That in turn makes the bar stop and everything looks frozen. Nightslashers is quite large and frontloads a lot of stuff other modules load in between levels (keeps midlevel load times down).

Try waiting some more, and it might work just fine.

DC

Thanks, I'll give this a try.

EDIT: YYYAAAAAYYYYYY!!!!! This one's for you, man.  :cheers!:
« Last Edit: June 01, 2009, 07:31:23 pm by XeroBlaq »

Offline Phemt

• Never said You suck, but could say your game does
    • Phemt's lair
« Reply #216 on: June 02, 2009, 04:18:35 pm »
Never heard about the original game but...

Whoa!!!! What an awesome mod!!!!!  ;D

Finally, someone did better than "A tale of vengeance", with which it shares the dogs, but with the proper collisions here (do you remember my suggestion about it to AlexDC?)
Graphic, sound, playability, every aspects of this game is so accurate, and now, it seems you are planning an even better version! Definitely lokking forward to it.  ;)

The only few things i've noticed that could be improved:

1) I totally adore the combo counter, I gain a lot of extra lives making more points using combos. Unfortunately if you hit more than one enemy at the same time, you'll get same amount of hits/points.

2) I'd use more weapons, cause they are really cool. However The barrel can't be picked up if it is in the screen edge(left or right one, obviously).

Something i would ask now:

1) I did NOT find the alternate route(s?), where is(are?) it(them?)?  :blushing:

2) Some moves are hard to discover; e.g. with jake, the running attack sometimes is an uppercut sometimes a clothes line(right name?), The up + jump grab sometimes
is a piledriver sometimes becomes the zangief's screw piledriver, why?
Always Jake, is able to call a thunder storm, but i didn't discover the proper command, how can i do that? I think i've discovered all the other moves but a move list would be really appreciated.

Thanks a lot for this beautiful game, an keep up the awesome work!  :cheers!:
Best OpenBOR games:
Spoiler
1) Art Of Fighting - Beats Of Rage: Remix III
2) Night Slashers X
3) A Tale Of Vengeance
4) Infection (DEMO!!!)
5) Saint Seiya: Death & Rebirth
6) Captain Commando & the Avengers
7) Vampire Hunter (DEMO!!!)
just like Don that crazy pig from guangzhou China.
ore ga kowaii no ka?

Offline XeroBlaq

« Reply #217 on: June 02, 2009, 05:10:46 pm »
I agree with Phemt, a movelist would be appreciated. Great game though, I'm starting to get good at it. And does anyone know how to save your game file? I THINK it's f12, but Im not sure...

Offline MCW

• BOR = Beats Of Rage
« Reply #218 on: June 02, 2009, 05:20:26 pm »
I agree with Phemt, a movelist would be appreciated. Great game though, I'm starting to get good at it. And does anyone know how to save your game file? I THINK it's f12, but Im not sure...

The game will autosave current stage if you quit game or game over.

Be a Good Reader,
Read the post from first word until to the last.

Offline Phemt

• Phemt's lair
« Reply #219 on: June 02, 2009, 05:33:54 pm »

F12 will make a freeze of the screen to make an image out of it.

The game save each level, so, if you want to save a particular level, reach to it, press the windows button and copy the save file in another folder.

If you lose, just copy again that file to the proper save folder of your OpenBor!  ;)
Best OpenBOR games:
Spoiler
2) Night Slashers X
3) A Tale Of Vengeance
4) Infection (DEMO!!!)
ore ga kowaii no ka?

Offline XeroBlaq

« Reply #220 on: June 02, 2009, 08:20:42 pm »

F12 will make a freeze of the screen to make an image out of it.

The game save each level, so, if you want to save a particular level, reach to it, press the windows button and copy the save file in another folder.

If you lose, just copy again that file to the proper save folder of your OpenBor!  ;)

I'm finding your description a bit difficult to follow/understand, could you re-word that please? Sorry, lol.

Offline Bloodbane

• Dark Dragon
« Reply #221 on: June 04, 2009, 04:40:48 am »
 XeroBlaq, OpenBoR is not emulator so don't expect save states in the middle of level.
 Phemt is talking about taking screenshot with F12. You can change the key for it though in options screen.

1) I totally adore the combo counter, I gain a lot of extra lives making more points using combos. Unfortunately if you hit more than one enemy at the same time, you'll get same amount of hits/points.

2) I'd use more weapons, cause they are really cool. However The barrel can't be picked up if it is in the screen edge(left or right one, obviously).

That's how OpenBoR works.

1) I did NOT find the alternate route(s?), where is(are?) it(them?)?

Somewhere on stage 2 and it's open. ;)

with jake, the running attack sometimes is an uppercut sometimes a clothes line(right name?),

I think that happen when you execute the command close to enemy.

The up + jump grab sometimes is a piledriver sometimes becomes the zangief's screw piledriver, why?

That's what happen if Jake's health is low. His slam become the latter.

Always Jake, is able to call a thunder storm, but i didn't discover the proper command, how can i do that?

It's Special+Up IIRC. Move commands are scattered in this thread, try look for them :).
OpenBoR Manual

Basic OpenBoR Tutorials

OpenBoR Tricks & Tutorials

"The more often enemies attack, the more open they are to counter attacks"

Offline Phemt

• Phemt's lair
« Reply #222 on: June 04, 2009, 05:06:05 pm »
XeroBlaq, OpenBoR is not emulator so don't expect save states in the middle of level.
 Phemt is talking about taking screenshot with F12. You can change the key for it though in options screen.

Not!!!! I think i  explained myself like ****  :laughing:

I meant that since the game saves each level you can actually "cheat" on the overwriting save system
simply by using the windows button ( http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/Microsoft/Reclusa/images/newwindowsbtn1.jpg ) to return to (guess where?!) windows(!) and COPY your SAVE FILE to use it in case you lose...

I'm finding your description a bit difficult to follow/understand, could you re-word that please? Sorry, lol.

Read up there, if you don't understand... sorry!  :laughing:

That's how OpenBoR works.

Too bad! But i think it will be improved, right?  :)

IIRC

What does that mean? (i am not english or american...)

Thanks for your reply BloodBane!  :)
Best OpenBOR games:
Spoiler
2) Night Slashers X
3) A Tale Of Vengeance
4) Infection (DEMO!!!)
ore ga kowaii no ka?

Offline BonusJZ

• Banned
    • YouTube Chanel
« Reply #223 on: June 04, 2009, 05:54:29 pm »
First of all, thank you BJZ for this truly awesome game, it's by far the best mod I've ever played on OpenBOR, so keep up the good work ^_^
You surely know how to make a good scrolling beu!
Never heard about the original game but...
Whoa!!!! What an awesome mod!!!!!  Grin
Wow... just wow awesome work! Thanks a lot, will download soon and play it  Grin
Thanks a lot for this beautiful game, an keep up the awesome work!  
Thanks - guys
By far the most annoying thing I found on this game is when I want to start a combo and accidentally pick-up an item hidden by a corpse on the ground. I lost countless lives by Bosses because of that (since all Bosses attack/counterattack istantly if you break the standard combo or wait too much in front of them without attacking). With health items it doesn't happen because there's smoke coming out of them which is usually visible, but gems and weapons are not. I don't know if that was intentional or not (maybe to add some more difficulty), but I found that annoying most of the time.
Its more realistic that way .... :laughing: still you can use the psp version which will solve it - personally i don't like to much indicators on screen but I think about it ...
Two days ago I finished the game with Christopher, I was doing very well, not losing any continue up to the last boss. But then I lose all of my continues, remaining with the last life and half energy bar... some strange things happened with the last boss: I used the special jump+block when it was using that fire-shield sphere-shaped thing, and I lost to it, burning. I don't know if it's a bug but I expected this to work on everything to save from tricky situations. Now the energy recharge thing: I already finished the game with Jasmin but I haven't noticed that every now and then the boss regains some energy, but with Christopher it became a little frustrating, because it was almost dead (like a pixel of energy), I hit it but it didn't die, and suddenly it regained something like 1/4 of energy (whereas usually it regains almost half of that). This felt *very* unfair because it should be dead!
Well that's the last boss you know ... also it will recover only to some point so don't let him to wander to long in the later part of fight with him .
where are the Boss music tracks from 2nd (franky) and 4th (Dracula) level from? I've already heard those but I don't remember where!
Koban is right
Bloodbane is right that how its work
Some moves are hard to discover; e.g. with jake, the running attack sometimes is an uppercut sometimes a clothes line(right name?), The up + jump grab sometimes
is a piledriver sometimes becomes the zangief's screw piledriver, why?
Yes they depends from a distance - the closer ones are more powerfull and depending from character can be jungled later
As for second - they are desperation moves - and can be performed only when energy is low (about 25%) 
Always Jake, is able to call a thunder storm, but i didn't discover the proper command, how can i do that? I think i've discovered all the other moves but a move list would be really appreciated.
There are few:
U,D+S
S in mid jump  
A+J
D,U+S (Chris/Jas only - Jack coming soon)
Also not sure if someone discover already but some weapons also have special moves  (example Chris with shotgun - check it out its pretty cool to kill that way)
IIRC
What does that mean? (i am not english or american...)
If I remmember correctly

Last time i have reveled one of new Christoper moves - today time for Jack :
its zombie bashing ram time - pretty deadly for "passenger" ;D
« Last Edit: June 04, 2009, 06:33:00 pm by BonusJZ »

Offline Die_In_Fire

• Where eagles dare!
« Reply #224 on: June 04, 2009, 06:25:57 pm »
its zombie bashing ram time - pretty deadly for "passenger" ;D

wow!! thats the kind of moves I want to learn to do!! good job!!!

0%

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal