Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

What openbor you prefer: Double dragon,battletoads or final fight !? by lirexpatrio
[December 07, 2012, 07:15:27 pm]

what are your favorite games OpenBOR?! by lirexpatrio
[December 07, 2012, 07:09:46 pm]

Post Some Awesome Videos by maxman
[December 07, 2012, 05:51:39 pm]

Can @cmd playmusic "aaaa" 1 also increse music sound ? by BeasTie
[December 07, 2012, 05:24:38 pm]

Streets of Rage: Silent Storm by mtrain
[December 07, 2012, 03:45:05 pm]

Site will be down for maintenance on 12/8/2012 thru 12/10/2012 by Damon Caskey
[December 07, 2012, 07:42:42 am]

Cancelled SOR 3d Remake by riccochet
[December 07, 2012, 03:58:33 am]

Dungeon Fighter: B.O.R. by msmalik681
[December 07, 2012, 03:24:27 am]

[TUTORIAL] How to create 4 Games of OpenBOR in 1 CD (650 MB) by magggas
[December 06, 2012, 09:46:25 pm]

custknife by Bloodbane
[December 06, 2012, 09:34:09 pm]

blockfx help by B.Kardi
[December 06, 2012, 04:09:14 pm]

street of age 4 hd by corradlo
[December 06, 2012, 01:41:36 pm]

ClaFan - Classic Fantasy ver 1.17 by soniczxblade
[December 06, 2012, 05:01:20 am]

Bug Archive by Bloodbane
[December 06, 2012, 02:00:44 am]

"Bio-Doom" and "Gears of Doom" by BulletBob
[December 05, 2012, 10:07:21 pm]

Contra Locked 'N' Loaded v2 by Bloodbane
[December 05, 2012, 09:39:43 pm]

Downloadable OpenBoR Manual by BeasTie
[December 05, 2012, 08:31:24 pm]

Having trouble testing changes by B.Kardi
[December 05, 2012, 03:05:53 pm]

DragonBall Absalon by msmalik681
[December 05, 2012, 02:52:13 pm]

[Hi-Res] Swamp by Vibrant
[December 05, 2012, 10:47:14 am]

• Dot Guests: 8
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

Author Topic: Contra : Locked 'N' Loaded  (Read 80545 times)

Offline mgman

Re: Contra : Locked 'N' Loaded
« Reply #495 on: May 17, 2012, 09:24:07 pm »
Contra Hard Corps was and is my favorite game of all time.
Exactly, PEGASUS 6. For me, my favorite games of all time are Soldiers of Fortune (Chaos Engine), Streets of Rage 2 and Contra Hard Corps. This is the best part of the series (best music, best graphics, best gameplay and best atmosphere!!). So when i found that someone make Hard Corps: Uprising i was the happiest man on the world  ;D .. But when i saw what piece of $#!+ it was after release...:drooling: no one similar with Sega`s Hard Corps.. Sooo.. only BloodBane`s mod return to me feelings of Contra i want! Go, BB! You can ask me for any graphical help :wide_smile:

YES! I thought Hard Corps: Uprising was awful for being called Contra. It has little to do with the series, yet people all the time act like fanboys about it. I'm not saying it's a bad game, but when people say that it's Contra, I get annoyed.

Offline Yagami Brando

• http://www.youtube.com/user/YagamiRus
« Reply #496 on: May 18, 2012, 05:22:51 am »
A little offtop:I disagree on that one. I pretty much liked Hard Corps Uprising. And I say it's a Contra game. The game has some very interesting features, like all these dodges, projectile reflectors, air dashes. So character control here is more sharp than in any previous game. Also graphics and soundtrack are decent, gameplay is fast paced and good for me. Uprising is one of the best contras, in my opinion. Much better that Neo Contra from PS2 for example. And of course hundred times better, than those awful PS1 contra-wannabe's.
the List of best contras in my opinion:
1)Hard Corps on Genesis
2)Shattered Soldier on ps2
3)Contra 4 on DS
4)Uprising
5)Contra 3: Alien Wars

On topic: BB, if you are still planning the new character for your mod, I want to give an idea of adding Deadeye Joe from Genesis's Hard Corps. That would be awesome :)
« Last Edit: May 18, 2012, 05:26:31 am by Yagami Brando »
"In a battle, there is no such word as under-handed."

Offline mgman

« Reply #497 on: May 18, 2012, 07:03:13 pm »
I'm not arguing that Hard Corps Uprising is a bad game. But it seriously is no Contra game. With how much the gameplay, presentation and visuals deviated from Contra's style, whatever's left in it that IS Contra can easily be found in many side scrollers. The new moves are fine, but they further distance the game from the series. I can name side scrollers in the same vein as Hard Corps Uprising that aren't Contra games.

I'm sure that was the whole point of the game; to deviate away from the series to be its own. However, that's clearly not working out.

Offline slash128

« Reply #498 on: May 18, 2012, 07:34:15 pm »
Español:
Yo jugue el demo y debo decir que fue muy bueno que no le pusieran Contra, ya que tiene muchas cosas nuevas que lo hacen interesante como correr, doble salto y dash en el aire, pero el gameplay se hace muy lento para estar basado en Contra, los personajes si no esta el boton de correr no avanzan nada, no tienen el sistema de armamento de CONTRA HARD CORPS (lo pongo en mayusculas por que es el mejor Contra de todos los tiempos) asi que todos los personajes son demasiado similares en el gameplay (excepto sayuri), además que el diseño de los niveles es demasiado forzado (cuando vi en youtube la fase de los trenes casi vomito por las orejas)
Aunque debo reconocer que me encanta el juego, me fascina el carisma de los personajes y la musica que es genial aunque sea demasiado similar a las de guilty gear y blazblue, no es un Contra y ni siquiera le llega a la rodilla a la bestia que es el verdadero hard corps.

Pd: el Contra4 es muy bueno tambien pero la jodieron con poner a la fuerza la pantalla superior y el shattered soldier el sistema de apuntado es una basura que si no fuera por este seria una manjar (siguiendo detras del Contra hard corps, claro).

English:
I played the demo and I must say was very good to not put the name of Contra, as it has many new things to make it interesting as running, double jump and dash in the air, but the gameplay is too slow to be based in Contra , the characters if the button is not running does not move anything, do not have the weapons system of CONTRA HARD CORPS (I put it in capitals because this is the best Contra of all time) so that all the characters are too similar in gameplay (except sayuri), but the level design is too forced (when I saw on youtube the stage of the trains almost threw up by the ears).
Although I must admit I love the game, I love the charisma of the characters and the music is great but too similar to those of Guilty Gear and BlazBlue, this is not a Contra game and did not even reach the knee to the beast is the real hard corps.

Pd: the Contra4 is very good too but f*cked with forced to the upper screen and shattered soldier shooting system is a waste that if not for this would be a delight (following behind the Contra hard corps, of course).
bah...werebers...

Offline mgman

« Reply #499 on: May 19, 2012, 12:38:14 pm »
Ever since I've had a neuropathy related to vision, I cannot do as well in Contra 4 as I used to. Now, I struggle with the 2 screens. However, I will not detract, because I do remember the time when the 2 screens were no trouble for me. It was a great experience and Contra 4 was the highlight of 2007-2008 for me.

Offline slash128

« Reply #500 on: June 13, 2012, 10:16:36 pm »
I took the liberty of adding  bahamut of hard corps of uprising :cheers!:

PD: if you need more sprites, just ask me
« Last Edit: June 13, 2012, 10:28:58 pm by slash128 »
bah...werebers...

Offline mgman

« Reply #501 on: June 14, 2012, 12:27:16 am »
How's it coming with the development of the game, anyway?  :)

EDIT: I took a look at the Bahamut edit. Although the addition is appreciable, it sticks out badly. He needs to be edited quite a bit before even possibly being put in, IMHO. Besides, it's pretty clear that HCU isn't a "Contra" game. More yet, it would be better if an all-new character is added.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2012, 12:33:11 am by mgman »

Offline ARGOROK

• May the way of the hero lead you to the TRIFORCE
« Reply #502 on: June 14, 2012, 01:37:51 am »
I´m still waiting for this release, take yout time BB, by the way Mgman excuse me, what do you mean with IMHO?

Offline Bloodbane

• Dark Dragon
« Reply #503 on: June 14, 2012, 01:51:40 am »
 IMHO = In My Honest Opinion
 it's alternate version of IMO

about this mod, not much progress aside of debugging and adding music to the mod. I'm busy with other mod ATM.

@slash: I'm downloading it now! thanks!

(more than an hour later)

I wondered why it's so large in filesize, I figure out that's it's whole demo.
 Great work on Bahamut BTW! too bad he's missing pain & fall animations.
 Seems like you added more animations to him. I'll give him a try and see how he plays.

(couple days later)

Whoa! Nice addition slash! Bahamut doesn't slide like other soldiers in this mod but he can perform double jump, running and dash in mid air.
 If this guy would like to join, aside of waiting for pain & fall animations, he'll have to lose those abilities cause they break game balance. For boss battle, they don't matter but in regular levels, there are many places which can be cheated especially with double jump.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2012, 04:32:20 am by Bloodbane »
OpenBoR Manual

Basic OpenBoR Tutorials

OpenBoR Tricks & Tutorials

"The more often enemies attack, the more open they are to counter attacks"

Offline slash128

« Reply #504 on: June 17, 2012, 06:24:40 pm »
If this guy would like to join, aside of waiting for pain & fall animations, he'll have to lose those abilities cause they break game balance. For boss battle, they don't matter but in regular levels, there are many places which can be cheated especially with double jump.

Whatever, the mod is yours and you decide what stays and what goes, :) I just wanted to see was the character in the mod, if you take out the double jump, dash and running (which in this comply but still with bugs) does not matter. ;D
What if I would like would be more difference between the characters, especially in arms because all the same I get a little boring to just change the sprite. :bored:

I attach the missing sprites and if you need more, let me know. :cheers!:
bah...werebers...

Offline Bloodbane

• Dark Dragon
« Reply #505 on: June 18, 2012, 12:05:08 am »
What if I would like would be more difference between the characters, especially in arms because all the same I get a little boring to just change the sprite.

I understand that. Everyone who have played this should've noticed that. It crossed my mind to differentiate but that means redesign everything from zero :(. So I decided to leave this mod be with its rule.
 And if I want Contra mod with different characters (not just sprite that is), I would start new mod.
 Sheena and Ray are pretty much similar to Bill and Probotectors in mechanics. However, Fang and Brownie (especially) needs special mechanics.
OpenBoR Manual

Basic OpenBoR Tutorials

OpenBoR Tricks & Tutorials

"The more often enemies attack, the more open they are to counter attacks"

Offline slash128

« Reply #506 on: June 18, 2012, 07:46:21 pm »
oh come on! you did a great job with this mod, do not let it pulled only by a few critics, plus you can still give differences to the characters through the cinematics (as it did in vampire hunters bonuzjz) and custom dialogs, also many of us expect the final mod and for my part I offer all the help i can with the sprites and code.
bah...werebers...

Offline PrinceOfBrains

« Reply #507 on: July 02, 2012, 03:26:36 pm »
Hey, man - this is my first post here, and I just wanted to say "good freakin' job". Weirdly enough, this is almost exactly what I hoped to do with OpenBOR - I had a weird itch to make a Dreamcast game, and I figured there's enough beat-em-ups out there (no offense, everyone else!  :nervous:) that I too wanted to do an old-school shooter, although maybe something more like Gunstar Heroes than Contra.

So I guess what I wanna ask is if there's any chance you'd let a Stupid Newbie like me take a gander at your code and mess with it a little bit, just to get an idea where to start? And if I do use anything of yours, full credit will of course be given.  ;D
« Last Edit: July 02, 2012, 03:28:18 pm by PrinceOfBrains »

Offline Plombo

• Your source for useful modding tools!
« Reply #508 on: July 02, 2012, 05:47:15 pm »
Hey, man - this is my first post here, and I just wanted to say "good freakin' job". Weirdly enough, this is almost exactly what I hoped to do with OpenBOR - I had a weird itch to make a Dreamcast game, and I figured there's enough beat-em-ups out there (no offense, everyone else!  :nervous:) that I too wanted to do an old-school shooter, although maybe something more like Gunstar Heroes than Contra.

So I guess what I wanna ask is if there's any chance you'd let a Stupid Newbie like me take a gander at your code and mess with it a little bit, just to get an idea where to start? And if I do use anything of yours, full credit will of course be given.  ;D

I'm obviously not Bloodbane, but anyone can look at the inner workings of any mod (except for SecurePAK mods, which this isn't).  If you're using Windows, just drag and drop the PAK file for the mod onto borpak.exe.

Offline PrinceOfBrains

« Reply #509 on: July 16, 2012, 12:50:50 am »
Oh! Good, thank you! That will be an immense help.

0%

mighty
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal