Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

What openbor you prefer: Double dragon,battletoads or final fight !? by lirexpatrio
[December 07, 2012, 07:15:27 pm]

what are your favorite games OpenBOR?! by lirexpatrio
[December 07, 2012, 07:09:46 pm]

Post Some Awesome Videos by maxman
[December 07, 2012, 05:51:39 pm]

Can @cmd playmusic "aaaa" 1 also increse music sound ? by BeasTie
[December 07, 2012, 05:24:38 pm]

Streets of Rage: Silent Storm by mtrain
[December 07, 2012, 03:45:05 pm]

Site will be down for maintenance on 12/8/2012 thru 12/10/2012 by Damon Caskey
[December 07, 2012, 07:42:42 am]

Cancelled SOR 3d Remake by riccochet
[December 07, 2012, 03:58:33 am]

Dungeon Fighter: B.O.R. by msmalik681
[December 07, 2012, 03:24:27 am]

[TUTORIAL] How to create 4 Games of OpenBOR in 1 CD (650 MB) by magggas
[December 06, 2012, 09:46:25 pm]

custknife by Bloodbane
[December 06, 2012, 09:34:09 pm]

blockfx help by B.Kardi
[December 06, 2012, 04:09:14 pm]

street of age 4 hd by corradlo
[December 06, 2012, 01:41:36 pm]

ClaFan - Classic Fantasy ver 1.17 by soniczxblade
[December 06, 2012, 05:01:20 am]

Bug Archive by Bloodbane
[December 06, 2012, 02:00:44 am]

"Bio-Doom" and "Gears of Doom" by BulletBob
[December 05, 2012, 10:07:21 pm]

Contra Locked 'N' Loaded v2 by Bloodbane
[December 05, 2012, 09:39:43 pm]

Downloadable OpenBoR Manual by BeasTie
[December 05, 2012, 08:31:24 pm]

Having trouble testing changes by B.Kardi
[December 05, 2012, 03:05:53 pm]

DragonBall Absalon by msmalik681
[December 05, 2012, 02:52:13 pm]

[Hi-Res] Swamp by Vibrant
[December 05, 2012, 10:47:14 am]

• Dot Guests: 6
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

Author Topic: Marvel vs Capcom 3. It's real.  (Read 32105 times)

Offline the7k

• PSN: the_7k
Marvel vs Capcom 3. It's real.
« on: April 20, 2010, 04:11:08 am »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j6vR-d2LZi4&feature=player_embedded#ws

I believe this will be relevant to a lot of interests.

Offline ryomaneo

• packegedgeneration
Re: Marvel vs Capcom 3. It's real.
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2010, 04:44:32 am »
 ;) This game looks awesome compared too the 1st and 2nd bet it will be on ps3 and xbox360 pc awesome find 7k u legend.  :cheers!:

Offline Damon Caskey

• The Gorge
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2010, 06:12:00 am »
You have to wonder why is Ironman fighting back, heh....

DC
OpenBOR Wiki.

Coming Soon:
Spoiler
Fatal Fury Chronicals

Offline erf_beto

« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2010, 08:39:45 am »
So... no more 2d sprites?  :teary_eyed:

Offline Damon Caskey

• The Gorge
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2010, 09:08:53 am »
I seriously doubt we'll ever see a 2D Capcom fighter again. In a way I'm glad. The problem with 2D is that its potential quality has surpassed reasonable limits of manpower, time, and cost to produce it.

I prefer 2D sprites...but I'd rather see more time spent on making a good game with decent 3D looks then all resources being squandered on awesome high def 2D sprites while every other aspect goes to rot. Compare SFIV to KOF XII. Both are getting upgrades - but while SFIV is adding content to an already great game at reduced cost, KOFXII was a beta that just happened to sell at full price. Now that it's complete they want us to buy it all over again.

3D also means more profit as they tend to be less expensive in the long run. More profit means greater probability for future installments. It also means easier tweaking/adding moves/more characters down the road.

DC
« Last Edit: April 20, 2010, 09:17:05 am by Damon Caskey »
OpenBOR Wiki.

Coming Soon:
Spoiler
Fatal Fury Chronicals

Offline the7k

« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2010, 09:53:42 am »
Yes, but the difference between Capcom and SNK is that Capcom has money...

Really, I think Capcom would still be making sprites if they still had Akiman.

Offline ryomaneo

• packegedgeneration
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2010, 10:55:45 am »
Yep but i think the future holds 3d games more then 2d style  :oops: so sad 2d style games are starting to leave our lives  :wow!:

Offline yotatouch

• 炎の昇龍 Honoo no Shouryuu
    • Yotatouch web site
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2010, 11:38:44 am »
Yes, but the difference between Capcom and SNK is that Capcom has money...
Really, I think Capcom would still be making sprites if they still had Akiman.
Two reasons pushes Capcom to make the games in 3D:
-First is that 3D is more easier and more fast to produce than 2D.
-Second and maybe the most important (it depends about people's point of vue certainly) is that the 2D animators team (the guys who made 3rd strike) aren't in Capcom staff anymore, the best 2D guys are gone, so i honestly doubt about this game in 2D.

And if you look the end of the trailer, you can easily understand that the Ryu making a Shinkuu Hadouken is pretty similar with the Tatsunoko VS Capcom's one, the graphical stylisation looks better but the 3D meshe and the animation move looks very close.
So we can conclude this will be the game's appearence.

DC is right about the arguments he leaves us right below, but i'll still regret the 3rd strike sprites and animations quality, and will still hopes inside me that the 2D isn't dead...
If someone is better than you, admit your defeat, then rise and try to be better than him, with respect.

Offline BurnKing

« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2010, 11:48:18 am »
dude i cant wait to buy this....
Fight Night Champ

Mods: BurnKingdom Chapter One
         Marvel Super Heroes
         Guardian Heroes: WarPath

WIP:   BurnKingdom Chapter Two

Offline yotatouch

• 炎の昇龍 Honoo no Shouryuu
    • Yotatouch web site
« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2010, 12:23:17 pm »
I know some of you loves Shinkirou's work, so i post what i found.
If someone is better than you, admit your defeat, then rise and try to be better than him, with respect.

Offline Orochi_X

• Now! Count up your crimes.
« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2010, 02:57:31 pm »
Quick interview with one of the devs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RyyNwI47f_M#ws

And the official Capcom-Unity blog update

Key points include:

Approximately 30 characters. (Capcom likes symmetrical select screens)
3 on 3 tag system returns. Along with the systems used in MvC2. But we can expect some enhancements too.
Uses the same engine as Resident Evil 5 and Lost Planet 2.
The models and bg's are designed to look like "living comic books". The artwork is apparently a close indication of how the models will look in the final game.

Spring 2011 release date.

« Last Edit: April 20, 2010, 02:59:24 pm by Orochi_X »

* Orochi_X says : " Sore ga doushita? " :looney:

Offline erf_beto

« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2010, 03:01:37 pm »
I seriously doubt we'll ever see a 2D Capcom fighter again. In a way I'm glad. The problem with 2D is that its potential quality has surpassed reasonable limits of manpower, time, and cost to produce it.

I prefer 2D sprites...but I'd rather see more time spent on making a good game with decent 3D looks then all resources being squandered on awesome high def 2D sprites while every other aspect goes to rot. Compare SFIV to KOF XII. Both are getting upgrades - but while SFIV is adding content to an already great game at reduced cost, KOFXII was a beta that just happened to sell at full price. Now that it's complete they want us to buy it all over again.

3D also means more profit as they tend to be less expensive in the long run. More profit means greater probability for future installments. It also means easier tweaking/adding moves/more characters down the road.

DC
I agree with everything you said. But that doesn't make me less sad.

It might be just nostalgia, but I really enjoy 2d graphics. That's actually the reason why I decided to get myself a NDS instead of a PSP.

Maybe it's because I only 'know' 3d from the early PS1 games where it was pretty clear most characters used the same model with just a couple o different add-ons or textures. To me, they always felt very lazy, artificial and simplistic, while 2d games at the time were colorful, creative and, well, better.

Not having played many PS2 games (let alone sit in front of an xbox or PS3 for more than 2 minutes) might have something to do with how I feel about 3d games today...

Anyway, about the Capcom vs Marvel 3 (this is the right thread for that discussion, right? :P)

I think one of the (main) reasons we, fans of the earlier games, were desperatly waiting for a sequel (or "demanding" one, like the trailer said) is because we wanted a bit more-of-the-same: the series mutated (pun intended) from X-Men: Children of the Atom into Marvel vs Capcom 2 by refining its gameplay, adding visual and sounds effects, and incorporating new characters to "complete" the team. Whether I liked all those "refinements" is a different story, but I was thrilled about X-men vs Street Fighter, not because I would be able to pit Ryu vs Juggernaut, I had played them before -but not Rogue and Gambit. On MvC2, I was excited about having all characters from the earlier iterations AND Cable!

Yes, I only played because of Marvel characters  :laughing:

Now, this new game is not really what we (or maybe its just me) wanted: it's a whole new game. Yes, it has the same characters, but so did Street Fighter II.  Which doesn't mean I won't like it. I'll just have to play it (if I get the chance, or console) for what it is.

And, of course, there's the biggest baddest offender: we won't be able to use its sprites for a new OpenBoR mod!
 >:(

Offline yotatouch

• 炎の昇龍 Honoo no Shouryuu
    • Yotatouch web site
« Reply #12 on: April 20, 2010, 03:24:37 pm »
A few interesting things.
After reading this and watched the video interview, i start to feel that the game could be really interesting, also glad to see that Shinkirou isn't the only one illustrator.

Offline the7k

« Reply #13 on: April 20, 2010, 03:36:20 pm »
I think everybody is forgetting about one of the biggest advantages of 2D graphics, and the biggest weakness of 3D. It's especially advantageous to Capcom, if they would sit down and think about it.

Zombies Ate My Neighbors. Street Fighter Alpha. Super Mario Bros 3. Samurai Shodown 2. Final Fantasy VI. What do all these games have in common, besides being in 2D?

That they still look great, even today. A well designed 2D sprite doesn't have to be less than 2 years old to be relevant.

God of War. Half-Life 2. Metal Gear Solid 3. Final Fantasy X. What do all these games have in common? That they used to be the definition of great graphics. Now, they look really primitive. Even some of the early games on consoles of this generation look old, while games of 3-5 generations ago still look great.

For a company like Capcom who loves to re-release stuff over and over again (look at their PSP library), I think that this is pretty important.

Tons of people speak good about games like Rival Schools, but if Capcom were to honestly just re-release it, I think a lot of those folks would find out first hand that it just doesn't have the same sort of timelessness that a good CPS2 title does. It's still a fun game, for sure, but so is Final Fantasy VII. Doesn't change how awful it looks.

Offline yotatouch

• 炎の昇龍 Honoo no Shouryuu
    • Yotatouch web site
« Reply #14 on: April 20, 2010, 04:02:32 pm »
I totally agree with everything you said man, the thoughts are the same to me.
But just a thing you're wrong:

the7k
I think everybody is forgetting about one of the biggest advantages of 2D graphics, and the biggest weakness of 3D. It's especially advantageous to Capcom, if they would sit down and think about it.
We are a lot to still prefer 2D graphic games and still hopes the return of it as i said myself below.
DC is right about the arguments he leaves us right below, but i'll still regret the 3rd strike sprites and animations quality, and will still hopes inside me that the 2D isn't dead...

0%

mighty
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal