Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

What openbor you prefer: Double dragon,battletoads or final fight !? by lirexpatrio
[December 07, 2012, 07:15:27 pm]

what are your favorite games OpenBOR?! by lirexpatrio
[December 07, 2012, 07:09:46 pm]

Post Some Awesome Videos by maxman
[December 07, 2012, 05:51:39 pm]

Can @cmd playmusic "aaaa" 1 also increse music sound ? by BeasTie
[December 07, 2012, 05:24:38 pm]

Streets of Rage: Silent Storm by mtrain
[December 07, 2012, 03:45:05 pm]

Site will be down for maintenance on 12/8/2012 thru 12/10/2012 by Damon Caskey
[December 07, 2012, 07:42:42 am]

Cancelled SOR 3d Remake by riccochet
[December 07, 2012, 03:58:33 am]

Dungeon Fighter: B.O.R. by msmalik681
[December 07, 2012, 03:24:27 am]

[TUTORIAL] How to create 4 Games of OpenBOR in 1 CD (650 MB) by magggas
[December 06, 2012, 09:46:25 pm]

custknife by Bloodbane
[December 06, 2012, 09:34:09 pm]

blockfx help by B.Kardi
[December 06, 2012, 04:09:14 pm]

street of age 4 hd by corradlo
[December 06, 2012, 01:41:36 pm]

ClaFan - Classic Fantasy ver 1.17 by soniczxblade
[December 06, 2012, 05:01:20 am]

Bug Archive by Bloodbane
[December 06, 2012, 02:00:44 am]

"Bio-Doom" and "Gears of Doom" by BulletBob
[December 05, 2012, 10:07:21 pm]

Contra Locked 'N' Loaded v2 by Bloodbane
[December 05, 2012, 09:39:43 pm]

Downloadable OpenBoR Manual by BeasTie
[December 05, 2012, 08:31:24 pm]

Having trouble testing changes by B.Kardi
[December 05, 2012, 03:05:53 pm]

DragonBall Absalon by msmalik681
[December 05, 2012, 02:52:13 pm]

[Hi-Res] Swamp by Vibrant
[December 05, 2012, 10:47:14 am]

• Dot Guests: 5
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

Poll

Nuevo Openbor

Nuevo Openbor
Nuevo Openbor

Author Topic: Nuevo Openbor Double Dragon 3 "The Dragon Stone"  (Read 31949 times)

Offline anallyst

• Developer
Re: Nuevo Openbor Double Dragon 3 "The Dragon Stone"
« Reply #165 on: March 05, 2011, 09:15:51 pm »
thanks ;)

do you have an idea how i can beat the mummy down there ? :P

edit: ah, after 2 minutes it decided to come up
« Last Edit: March 05, 2011, 09:18:07 pm by anallyst »

Offline anallyst

• Developer
« Reply #166 on: March 05, 2011, 10:03:53 pm »
oh.

game shutted down on the last level:

Code: [Select]
Unable to load file 'data/chars/abobo/fall4�.GIF'
in data/chars/abobo/abobo5.txt:
Code: [Select]
frame  data/chars/abobo/fall4n.GIF
frame  data/chars/abobo/fall4�.GIF
frame  data/chars/abobo/fall4o.GIF
please do not use filenames with special characters, as n~ in this case - they are not compatible

Offline alemasper

« Reply #167 on: March 06, 2011, 06:46:41 am »
hola Anallyst. Si la momia baja solo tienes que seguirla , en la parte donde esta la puerta no hay tantos puas , ahi puedes bajar hasta donde comienzan las puas

Anallyst hello. If the mummy low just have to follow in the part where the door is not so many picks, there you go down to where spikes start

Offline alemasper

« Reply #168 on: March 06, 2011, 07:05:18 am »
El error se debe porque no tome en cuenta que el teclado mio es en espa?ol , lo que me sorprende es que cuando jugue el juego me lo cargo perfectamente.
Bueno a todos los que le suceda lo mismo , cambien el siguiente dato

data/chars/abobo/abobo5.txt:

death anim

frame  data/chars/abobo/fall4?.GIF

cambien por

frame  data/chars/abobo/fall4n1.GIF

Acuerdense tambien de cambiarle el nombre a la animacion ".gif"

Gracias Anallyst por corregir ese error  ;)

The error is because it does not take into account that my keyboard is in Spanish, what surprises me is that when I played the game by me as well.
Well all that happens the same, change the following data

data/chars/abobo/abobo5.txt:

death anim

data/chars/abobo/fall4n.GIF frame
         data/chars/abobo/fall4?.GIF frame
         data/chars/abobo/fall4o.GIF frame

changed by

data/chars/abobo/fall4n.GIF frame
         data/chars/abobo/fall4n1.GIF frame
         data/chars/abobo/fall4o.GIF frame

Remember also to rename the animation. "gif"

Thanks Anallyst to correct that mistake ;)

Offline Hammertime

« Reply #169 on: March 06, 2011, 07:45:08 am »
Could this happen with the pak-file as well or only with a data-folder? And are there more filenames with special characters?

Btw anallyst, why don't you upload "your" version to lavalit in the category "Mods > Completed mods > Variants /Hacks" calling it "New Double Dragon 3: The Dragon Stone (downsampled music)" or something like that for users with lower bandwith if that's ok with you, alemasper? Could help on other platforms as well maybe (Dreamcast?), therefore a pak-file would be best...
« Last Edit: March 06, 2011, 07:54:06 am by Hammertime »

Offline anallyst

• Developer
« Reply #170 on: March 06, 2011, 08:34:58 am »
The error is because it does not take into account that my keyboard is in Spanish, what surprises me is that when I played the game by me as well.
Could this happen with the pak-file as well or only with a data-folder? And are there more filenames with special characters?
i think its NOT a problem if you use windows, and the data is unpacked. as soon as you use a PAK, or another operating system, it won't work, because the character is encoded in a windows-specific way. i will change the borpak utility so it will stop when someone tries to add a file with special characters.
Btw anallyst, why don't you upload "your" version to lavalit in the category "Mods > Completed mods > Variants /Hacks" calling it "New Double Dragon 3: The Dragon Stone (downsampled music)" or something like that for users with lower bandwith if that's ok with you, alemasper?
i have slow bandwidth but i will upload it if its ok for alemasper

Offline Hammertime

« Reply #171 on: March 06, 2011, 10:51:01 am »
Thanks. Then I'll repack the game with the applied correction and replace the uploaded one.
Could you tell in which (sub)level this exactly occurs so I can test it? And I guess it does happen right at the start/loading of the level?
« Last Edit: March 06, 2011, 11:01:22 am by Hammertime »

Offline anallyst

• Developer
« Reply #172 on: March 06, 2011, 12:34:11 pm »
Thanks. Then I'll repack the game with the applied correction and replace the uploaded one.
Could you tell in which (sub)level this exactly occurs so I can test it? And I guess it does happen right at the start/loading of the level?
uhm, hold on, i think its better if i reupload the resampled version (but i want to wait for alemasper's OK)
also i have a new version of borpak here which has better filename handling which leads to an increase in loading speed.
but to answer your question, it is level 8-1. you can copy paste the stage8-1 stuff in levels.txt to where stage1-1 is loaded, to quickly test it, since it takes several hours to play through all these levels. and yes, it happens right after the start.
there's also a unused file "Copia of "...something in chars/roper which should be removed since spaces in filenames are also problem, and not allowed in the newest borpak build.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2011, 12:59:40 pm by anallyst »

Offline anallyst

• Developer
« Reply #173 on: March 06, 2011, 12:37:33 pm »
another thing that could be improved is the attack damage of weapons, i.e. bat and whip.
i find those very inefficient currently, but it would require to change the attack settings for all bat attacks in each playable model.
the bat is currently set to damage 20 in billy1.txt, which is less than a punch if i remember correctly

Offline alemasper

« Reply #174 on: March 06, 2011, 02:06:36 pm »
Hola si ustedes quieren modificar algunas cosas de mi mod para que se pueda formar un pak y asi poder jugarlo en otras consolas , no hay ningun problema yo estoy de acuerdo , tienen mi permiso, todo sea para mejorar las cosas y que todos aportemos un poco para aprender mas ."La experiencia enserrada en una sola persona no sirve para nada , todos debemos aportar lo que sabemos".
Mucha suerte con la modificacion y si me necesitan para preguntar algo yo estoy conectado a LAVALIT todo los dias .GRACIAS AMIGOS UN ABRAZO  :wave:

Hi if you want to change some things in my mod so that it can form a pak and so to play on other consoles, there is no problem I agree, you have my permission, everything is to improve things and we all bring a little to learn more. "The experience contained in a single person is useless, we must all contribute what we know. "
Good luck with the modification and if I need to ask something I'm connected to LAVALIT all day. Thank you guys a hug  :wave:

Offline Hammertime

« Reply #175 on: March 06, 2011, 03:24:08 pm »
uhm, hold on, i think its better if i reupload the resampled version (but i want to wait for alemasper's OK)
Well, I thought it would be good to have both versions here but if really don't hear any difference like you've claimed here than it's not needed of course. Only problem is that meanwhile people still downloading the rececnet version. I was about to add some info to that upload but I had no problems when testing myself (see below).

also i have a new version of borpak here which has better filename handling which leads to an increase in loading speed.
Sounds good. So it packs the files better and therefore any engine version can load it faster then?
but to answer your question, it is level 8-1. you can copy paste the stage8-1 stuff in levels.txt to where stage1-1 is loaded, to quickly test it, since it takes several hours to play through all these levels. and yes, it happens right after the start.
Thx, but there is a level select. So I started final level/8.1 and it loaded just fine.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2011, 03:27:02 pm by Hammertime »

Offline anallyst

• Developer
« Reply #176 on: March 06, 2011, 04:53:17 pm »
Well, I thought it would be good to have both versions here

oh. then go on please.

but if really don't hear any difference like you've claimed here
well... that topic is regarding sounds, not music. i can't guarantuee that the downsampled version sounds exactly as good as the 350MB original soundtrack on a HIFI stereo amplifier. but it sounds well enough to play. and for double dragon unlimited, which uses already relatively poor audio, it's no difference at all.

Sounds good. So it packs the files better and therefore any engine version can load it faster then?
no, it is a technical detail... since the PAK format is pretty simple, whenever you open a file it compares its name against all others.
the old version stored the filename in uppercase, which prevented a fast exact match to the filename given in the text files.
instead it had to uppercase every single letter to compare.

Thx, but there is a level select. So I started final level/8.1 and it loaded just fine.
interesting, maybe the PAK format uses the same encoding as windows then, since i extracted the archive from alemasper onto my linux filesystem. here it doesnt work.

Offline Plombo

• Your source for useful modding tools!
« Reply #177 on: March 06, 2011, 05:23:40 pm »
interesting, maybe the PAK format uses the same encoding as windows then, since i extracted the archive from alemasper onto my linux filesystem. here it doesnt work.

It uses the default system encoding used by tolower() and toupper() on whatever system it's running on.  I haven't looked it up, but this could be CP1252 on Windows and ISO-8859-* elsewhere.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2011, 05:25:47 pm by Plombo »

Offline Bloodbane

• Dark Dragon
« Reply #178 on: March 06, 2011, 06:13:44 pm »
edit: ah, after 2 minutes it decided to come up

That's a bad level design. It should be fixed IMO either:

1. Change the mummy AI into static tough enemy which can't be grabbed. Player must defeat the mummy which is standing in front of door.
2. Open the door without the need to kill the mummy allowing player to enter right away. This sounds cheap but it's way better than waiting for minutes just to kill a mummy.

About #2, just FYI, beat'm ups and platformers are different obviously and the basic difference is the game. In the former, players must kill every enemy before they can advance (that's why the battleground is mostly flat allowing enemies to come easily) while in the latter, players must go to the end of level (that's why it hardly matter if enemies can be skipped).
OpenBoR Manual

Basic OpenBoR Tutorials

OpenBoR Tricks & Tutorials

"The more often enemies attack, the more open they are to counter attacks"

Offline alemasper

« Reply #179 on: March 07, 2011, 10:02:03 pm »
hola de donde puedo bajar la version new openbor builds > 3100...? :-[

hi where I can download the new version builds OpenBOR> 3100 ...?
 :-[

0%

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal