Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

What openbor you prefer: Double dragon,battletoads or final fight !? by lirexpatrio
[December 07, 2012, 07:15:27 pm]

what are your favorite games OpenBOR?! by lirexpatrio
[December 07, 2012, 07:09:46 pm]

Post Some Awesome Videos by maxman
[December 07, 2012, 05:51:39 pm]

Can @cmd playmusic "aaaa" 1 also increse music sound ? by BeasTie
[December 07, 2012, 05:24:38 pm]

Streets of Rage: Silent Storm by mtrain
[December 07, 2012, 03:45:05 pm]

Site will be down for maintenance on 12/8/2012 thru 12/10/2012 by Damon Caskey
[December 07, 2012, 07:42:42 am]

Cancelled SOR 3d Remake by riccochet
[December 07, 2012, 03:58:33 am]

Dungeon Fighter: B.O.R. by msmalik681
[December 07, 2012, 03:24:27 am]

[TUTORIAL] How to create 4 Games of OpenBOR in 1 CD (650 MB) by magggas
[December 06, 2012, 09:46:25 pm]

custknife by Bloodbane
[December 06, 2012, 09:34:09 pm]

blockfx help by B.Kardi
[December 06, 2012, 04:09:14 pm]

street of age 4 hd by corradlo
[December 06, 2012, 01:41:36 pm]

ClaFan - Classic Fantasy ver 1.17 by soniczxblade
[December 06, 2012, 05:01:20 am]

Bug Archive by Bloodbane
[December 06, 2012, 02:00:44 am]

"Bio-Doom" and "Gears of Doom" by BulletBob
[December 05, 2012, 10:07:21 pm]

Contra Locked 'N' Loaded v2 by Bloodbane
[December 05, 2012, 09:39:43 pm]

Downloadable OpenBoR Manual by BeasTie
[December 05, 2012, 08:31:24 pm]

Having trouble testing changes by B.Kardi
[December 05, 2012, 03:05:53 pm]

DragonBall Absalon by msmalik681
[December 05, 2012, 02:52:13 pm]

[Hi-Res] Swamp by Vibrant
[December 05, 2012, 10:47:14 am]

• Dot Guests: 7
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

Author Topic: Super Mega Beatdown  (Read 15914 times)

Offline imaninja1991

Super Mega Beatdown
« on: August 01, 2010, 07:03:43 pm »
Formerly known as Street Fighter Brawlers. But was changed due to what I felt was repetitive gameplay mechanics. The Mod is now known as Super Mega Beatdown. Which focuses on characters from Marvel and DC Comics in a Brawlers game. Similar to Sega Brawlers Megamix.  :cheers!:
« Last Edit: August 31, 2010, 04:07:18 pm by imaninja1991 »
Current Projects:
Super Mega Beatdown volume 2(in progress)Final Fight X Battletoads volume 2(in progress)

Offline imaninja1991

Re: Street Fighter Brawlers
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2010, 07:19:48 pm »
I think i found out how to add screenshots
« Last Edit: August 01, 2010, 07:22:52 pm by imaninja1991 »
Current Projects:
Super Mega Beatdown volume 2(in progress)Final Fight X Battletoads volume 2(in progress)

Offline imaninja1991

« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2010, 07:28:21 pm »
Sakura on a street level
Current Projects:

Offline DJGameFreakTheIguana

• Credit to Vyck_St.Judas, Edited by me.
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2010, 07:53:48 pm »
Another mod based on my work? That's faltering as hell.  ;D
I just hobe this one gets finished, unlike the digimon mod, and the mod that was using Pocket sprites of SNK and Capcom characters. I'm not that big on street fighter though, but there are a few characters I fond of, like Guile, M.Bison, Balrog(U.S. names), Charlie, Deejay, Cody(in handcuffs), Guy, and Birdie. Anyway, there's two things I gotta ask:
1. are you adding SNK guest characters? Because Nakoruru is from an SNK title.

2. Could you use some of the music from Street Fighter Alpha 3? Some of the best Street fighter music was from there, and Cody's theme from SF4.  ;D

EDIT:
I see you posted shots. Are those adventure type levels, because the enemies life bars a very low.

X)
« Last Edit: August 01, 2010, 08:03:30 pm by DJGameFreakTheIguana »

Offline imaninja1991

« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2010, 10:54:04 pm »
Another mod based on my work? That's faltering as hell.  ;D
I just hobe this one gets finished, unlike the digimon mod, and the mod that was using Pocket sprites of SNK and Capcom characters. I'm not that big on street fighter though, but there are a few characters I fond of, like Guile, M.Bison, Balrog(U.S. names), Charlie, Deejay, Cody(in handcuffs), Guy, and Birdie. Anyway, there's two things I gotta ask:
1. are you adding SNK guest characters? Because Nakoruru is from an SNK title.

2. Could you use some of the music from Street Fighter Alpha 3? Some of the best Street fighter music was from there, and Cody's theme from SF4.  ;D

EDIT:
I see you posted shots. Are those adventure type levels, because the enemies life bars a very low.

X)

1. I might use a few more SNK characters as guest characters, I want to get as many characters I can in without going over the memory upload limit on here so i'm always on the look out for new characters to add in.

2. I'll try to get some of that music in this mod, this mod is pretty much Street Fighter centric so i'll be looking for as much street figther music as I can get.

And about the shots, i was just testing the mod out and some of the enemies health were too low, but they'll be higher then that.

Current Projects:

Offline DJGameFreakTheIguana

• Credit to Vyck_St.Judas, Edited by me.
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2010, 12:12:28 am »
1. I might use a few more SNK characters as guest characters, I want to get as many characters I can in without going over the memory upload limit on here so i'm always on the look out for new characters to add in.
Well, I'm over 5 chars in Sega Brawlers, and that's just the models you can play as. With your current roster, you could probably add one SNK fighter for each capcom fighter, and still get by on memory. Anyway, in the case of guests, could you add Iori Yagami? He's my favorite KOF fighter, and he's never been playable in a mod before.  ;D If you want, you could also add K'.  :)

2. I'll try to get some of that music in this mod, this mod is pretty much Street Fighter centric so i'll be looking for as much street figther music as I can get.
Coolio.  :cheers!:

And about the shots, i was just testing the mod out and some of the enemies health were too low, but they'll be higher then that.
Ok, cause I thought that sakura shot may have been some kind of adventure thing, and you were using random enemies, cause I never heard of that guy sakura hit.

X)

Offline Bloodbane

• Dark Dragon
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2010, 01:05:15 am »
 Ah so this is your mod. Nice start!

Although you say it's Brawlers, it's more like regular mod with more characters. I though the characters are going to fight each other as in Brawler game.
OpenBoR Manual

Basic OpenBoR Tutorials

OpenBoR Tricks & Tutorials

"The more often enemies attack, the more open they are to counter attacks"

Offline maxman

• I'm a slowpoke in speed.
« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2010, 03:27:36 am »
Although you say it's Brawlers, it's more like regular mod with more characters. I though the characters are going to fight each other as in Brawler game.
Same here. I thought about it too. I'm a Street Fighter fan here, man. ;) Maybe you can add music themes for each fighter according to SSF4. I'll keep an eye on this one though. ;)
Dragon Duo (W.I.P./Outdated demo (2010 version)) (in progress)
Captain Commando (in progress)
Unelmia: Dreamers' Fate (collaborating with contress/taskmaster) (in progress)

Best OpenBOR mods:Spoiler
1. World Heroes Supreme Justice
2. Golden Axe Myth
3. Art of Fighting: Beats of Rage Remix III
4. A Tale of Vengeance
5. Valdivia Ransom City (demo)
6. Sega Brawlers Megamix
7. Super Fightin Spirit
8. Angel-0

Offline imaninja1991

« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2010, 11:02:54 am »
Ah so this is your mod. Nice start!

Yeah, I just wanted to call it brawlers so everyone would know it's in the same type of arena as sega mega brawlers as in having many playable characters. Maybe I should of changed the name so people wouldn't be confused.
Current Projects:

Offline imaninja1991

« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2010, 11:05:31 am »
Well, I'm over 5 chars in Sega Brawlers, and that's just the models you can play as. With your current roster, you could probably add one SNK fighter for each capcom fighter, and still get by on memory. Anyway, in the case of guests, could you add Iori Yagami? He's my favorite KOF fighter, and he's never been playable in a mod before.  ;D If you want, you could also add K'.  :)

Coolio.  :cheers!:

Ok, cause I thought that sakura shot may have been some kind of adventure thing, and you were using random enemies, cause I never heard of that guy sakura hit.

X)

Sure, i'm looking up Iori right now. I can get him in. I see what you were saying now about the adventure mode. Today for the first time I played the battle mode in Sega Mega Brawlers, for some reason I thought it would be a 2 players only kind of fight battle, but I played it and it was much better then that. I really liked the idea. I think I'll try to do a mode like that where the street fighters are fighting eachother,
« Last Edit: August 03, 2010, 03:29:09 pm by imaninja1991 »
Current Projects:

Offline imaninja1991

« Reply #10 on: August 04, 2010, 02:34:28 pm »
More Screenshots. The game has fully evolved into and Adventure and Brawler Game. The Brawling Mode makes alot of sense since it is street fighter, it makes a perfect addition to the Adventure Mode.

EDIT
You might see the bottom of the first screenshot there is a little mess up in the background but i'm working on that.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2010, 02:39:10 pm by imaninja1991 »
Current Projects:

Offline Bloodbane

• Dark Dragon
« Reply #11 on: August 05, 2010, 12:29:13 pm »
 It looks messy, I think I can imagine how the mod looks like judging from screenshots.
 The 1st shot confuses me, there are 2 Ryus. Which one is the real one?

BTW I don't think you should merge Streets of Rage 2 sprites with Street Fighter sprites.
OpenBoR Manual

Basic OpenBoR Tutorials

Offline ironinthesoul

« Reply #12 on: August 05, 2010, 12:43:05 pm »
My bro would just die if you put street fighter II version of zangief in, and not just the newer sprites. Otherwise this looks awesome.

Offline imaninja1991

« Reply #13 on: August 05, 2010, 02:04:18 pm »
It looks messy, I think I can imagine how the mod looks like judging from screenshots.
 The 1st shot confuses me, there are 2 Ryus. Which one is the real one?

BTW I don't think you should merge Streets of Rage 2 sprites with Street Fighter sprites.

Well the 1st Ryu is just the one i'm playing with, because I was testing it out and I went over my screenshot limit then I had to delete some finally. But I was in a rush to load some up. I'm still working on the backgrounds overall so alot of the backgrounds might not be seen in the game. I have not fully tackled backgrounds yet but I have some sprites i'm gathering and trying to put together.

EDIT
Oh and about the Streets of Rage 2 sprites, I thought it would be cool to put up a Mugen Screenshot somewhere in the game and Ryu and Ken just happened to be fighting on one of the Streets of Rage Levels, but i'm not going to use any streets of rage 2 sprites. This is just the Hiscore screen. Do you think that would be bad, if I just used it in the hiscore screen?
« Last Edit: August 05, 2010, 10:15:55 pm by imaninja1991 »
Current Projects:

Offline Bloodbane

• Dark Dragon
« Reply #14 on: August 06, 2010, 04:42:10 am »
This is just the Hiscore screen. Do you think that would be bad, if I just used it in the hiscore screen?

IMO Yes. On the other hand you aren't using it elsewhere making them look out of place.
OpenBoR Manual

Basic OpenBoR Tutorials

0%

mighty
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal