Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

What openbor you prefer: Double dragon,battletoads or final fight !? by lirexpatrio
[December 07, 2012, 07:15:27 pm]

what are your favorite games OpenBOR?! by lirexpatrio
[December 07, 2012, 07:09:46 pm]

Post Some Awesome Videos by maxman
[December 07, 2012, 05:51:39 pm]

Can @cmd playmusic "aaaa" 1 also increse music sound ? by BeasTie
[December 07, 2012, 05:24:38 pm]

Streets of Rage: Silent Storm by mtrain
[December 07, 2012, 03:45:05 pm]

Site will be down for maintenance on 12/8/2012 thru 12/10/2012 by Damon Caskey
[December 07, 2012, 07:42:42 am]

Cancelled SOR 3d Remake by riccochet
[December 07, 2012, 03:58:33 am]

Dungeon Fighter: B.O.R. by msmalik681
[December 07, 2012, 03:24:27 am]

[TUTORIAL] How to create 4 Games of OpenBOR in 1 CD (650 MB) by magggas
[December 06, 2012, 09:46:25 pm]

custknife by Bloodbane
[December 06, 2012, 09:34:09 pm]

blockfx help by B.Kardi
[December 06, 2012, 04:09:14 pm]

street of age 4 hd by corradlo
[December 06, 2012, 01:41:36 pm]

ClaFan - Classic Fantasy ver 1.17 by soniczxblade
[December 06, 2012, 05:01:20 am]

Bug Archive by Bloodbane
[December 06, 2012, 02:00:44 am]

"Bio-Doom" and "Gears of Doom" by BulletBob
[December 05, 2012, 10:07:21 pm]

Contra Locked 'N' Loaded v2 by Bloodbane
[December 05, 2012, 09:39:43 pm]

Downloadable OpenBoR Manual by BeasTie
[December 05, 2012, 08:31:24 pm]

Having trouble testing changes by B.Kardi
[December 05, 2012, 03:05:53 pm]

DragonBall Absalon by msmalik681
[December 05, 2012, 02:52:13 pm]

[Hi-Res] Swamp by Vibrant
[December 05, 2012, 10:47:14 am]

• Dot Guests: 9
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

Author Topic: Jennifer [PC / PSP Version][+OST]  (Read 38602 times)

Offline masterderico

Re: Jennifer [PC / PSP Version][+OST]
« Reply #120 on: October 22, 2010, 02:04:43 pm »
No way bro...memory issues, and i cant remove Jen models...

You can play the PC version!

Offline bWWd

« Reply #121 on: October 22, 2010, 02:21:30 pm »
ITs probably cause youre using scripts folder and library of scripts in txt file which is loaded in header.This consumes a lot more memory than using scripts within animations ,i learned my lesson on marvel mod and i wont do it again.
In marvel demo i could use only one character (barely !) on phat psp but in current mod i managed to do 10 characters and its working on phat so it speaks for itself.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2010, 02:23:13 pm by bWWd »

Offline masterderico

« Reply #122 on: October 22, 2010, 03:03:56 pm »
Yes, this + 10 weapons.

I removed two and works, but i cant do that...

I'll check the scripts thing, thx for the tip!

Offline bWWd

« Reply #123 on: October 22, 2010, 03:17:04 pm »
yeah im using them inside animations with @script or @cmd and i dont use any updae scripts which run all the time or scripts in headers ,i try to avoid that as much as its possible and finding other ways to do some things.

Offline Damon Caskey

• The Gorge
« Reply #124 on: October 22, 2010, 03:36:54 pm »
which run all the time or scripts in headers ,i try to avoid that as much as its possible and finding other ways to do some things.

Update scripts can slow you down, but header scripts are a good thing. You're going to find out over time that writing scripts directly to the entity is a bad, BAD, idea. For starters, scripts written into the entity are run on every frame. That's more resource intensive, not less.

Besides that, the memory loss isn't not because you are using @cmd, it is likely due to using a single library file filled with functions that not every model needed.

This is where the #include concept comes in. You break your functions down into individual files, then create an animation script for each entity that includes the functions it needs by filename, and nothing else. So like this...

die0001.h
Code: [Select]
function die0001()
{
...blah blah I'm a function blah....
}

live0001.h
function live0001()
{
...blah blah I'm a function blah....
}

animation.c
#include {path to die0001}
#include {path to live0001}

You give the entity animation.c as it's animation script, and now you have access to the functions die0001 and live0001 the same as if you had written them directly into animation.c file. Maybe another entity needs die0001, but not live0001, so you give it an animation script that only includes die0001.

This lets you build up a nice library of centralized scripts, avoids writing them into the entities (which again can slow down the module) while at the same time keeping memory down because it is easy to only give an entity what it needs.

This also works for the functions themselves. If one function needs another to work, #include can take care of it. View any of the recent script files I have posted and you'll see what I mean.

Here is an example: Pay attention how this function is using others, and how they are called in at the top.

DC

« Last Edit: October 22, 2010, 03:40:04 pm by Damon Caskey »
OpenBOR Wiki.

Coming Soon:
Spoiler
Fatal Fury Chronicals

Offline bWWd

« Reply #125 on: October 22, 2010, 07:16:43 pm »
They arent good thing if i have 20 script CMD's in txt file but im onlu using vel and anim CMD, i dont think its a good idea unless you will make specific txt file only with velocity script and changing nimation script,dont put stuff which arent used by this particular character.
And there is more memory lost because of huge library of scripts in header of drum barrels or other things which dont need so much scripts for sure.
I read some of your posts about resource heavy CMD scripts but so far PSP doesnt have any slowdowns so im ok with that.
BTW how did you compared resource usage with CMD and scripts written directly into animations ?
I know what you mean with includescripts ,its a good idea but i dont know,loading something in header just scares me after marvel mod.
How much more memory will use loading external txt files instead of having command in animation itself ?Im talking about memory,not slowing down the game .
« Last Edit: October 22, 2010, 07:23:06 pm by bWWd »

Offline Orochi_X

• Now! Count up your crimes.
« Reply #126 on: October 22, 2010, 07:40:37 pm »
It saves a huge amount of memory. Trust us , we know about these things  ;)

To answer your question....

All those @cmd scripts actually get joined together to make a giant script. Regardless of if the entity is in play or not. This is one thing that leads to extended loading times on startup. As you know , great big reams of script can be resource heavy.

Using #include the way DC described ensures that only a particular script is loaded when the particular entity needs it.

* Orochi_X says : " Sore ga doushita? " :looney:

Offline bWWd

« Reply #127 on: October 22, 2010, 07:56:14 pm »
Yeah its kinda logical that includescript is good idea but using huge library of scripts in one file instead of includescripts should be discouraged
--
Best way would be loading characters in mid game but i didnt tried that,only npcs to play co-op.
Loading only chosen character would save memory for sure but how to select then different chracter ,he wont showup as selectable when you will continue  :hmm:
A bit offtopic  ;D
Aren't cmd scripts joined too into big script in log ? ???  I thought maybe cmd scripts are just loaded once in header but scripts in animations are treated as separated and joined, i dont know,where is advantage ?
cmd scripts arent run on every frame? So script in anim which has frame == 3 as "if" runs actually on every frame ? And cmd script on 3 frame runs only on this 3rd frame ?
« Last Edit: October 22, 2010, 08:20:11 pm by bWWd »

Offline Orochi_X

« Reply #128 on: October 22, 2010, 08:21:19 pm »
Yeah , loading only the required entities will also cut down memory usage. That's how I do it now. I script my own select/continue/everything else screens.

Offline bWWd

« Reply #129 on: October 22, 2010, 08:27:19 pm »
what if you want to continue with another character ?

Offline Orochi_X

« Reply #130 on: October 22, 2010, 09:04:11 pm »
Yeah , loading only the required entities will also cut down memory usage. That's how I do it now. I script my own select/continue/everything else screens.

I only allow choosing new characters after a continue in score attack mode as the story mode forces you to use certain teams.

You need atleast 1 playable character loaded at all times to prevent OpenBoR from crashing. I call it "dummy".

In my case , he's an invisible entity only used for triggering scripts and sometimes decoration (animated bg items in my scripted menu's etc.)

skipselect dummy dummy dummy dummy. Forces players to choose him. Normally , a spawnscript switches the model to whoever the player chose in my scripted select screen. If you use a continue , a different script is triggered. It's another variation on my menu scripts. A sprite is displayed that looks like the characters icons , press left/ right to change the sprite or a button to load the character.

At the moment , it looks a lot like the normal continue stuff but I want to change it. Mostly because I'm building up quite a large cast of characters but also because I might aswell make it look different!  :laughing:
« Last Edit: October 22, 2010, 09:06:33 pm by Orochi_X »

Offline greatxerox

« Reply #131 on: October 24, 2010, 10:15:05 am »
hello ! i didn't know this game but one contact of me posted the link

i discovered this nice game. i enjoyed a lot  & i finished it ! it was very funny & gore ! i especially liked the references from "Ring" & "phenomena"

masterderico,  congratulations. i enjoyed to play with joypad too (psx) & the various special moves. I  counciled this game to many of my contacts^^

« Last Edit: October 24, 2010, 10:16:42 am by greatxerox »

Offline TeknoMaX

« Reply #132 on: October 25, 2010, 01:04:25 am »
HEY!!! You stole a background made by ANDR?S BORGHI!!!! (for Mugen and also for his own fighting game!). It's from BOSQUE MUERTO!!!
(The Hospital stage)

Offline masterderico

« Reply #133 on: October 25, 2010, 04:04:52 am »
HEY!!! You stole a background made by ANDR?S BORGHI!!!! (for Mugen and also for his own fighting game!). It's from BOSQUE MUERTO!!!
(The Hospital stage)

I got this stage from Crisis Evil mod...

Offline nocturnus

« Reply #134 on: October 25, 2010, 08:09:13 am »
like i said, jennifer is a masterpice like gameplay, like story and like graphics!!! i hope i can play jennifer 2 between one year!!!:):):)

0%

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal