Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

What openbor you prefer: Double dragon,battletoads or final fight !? by lirexpatrio
[December 07, 2012, 07:15:27 pm]

what are your favorite games OpenBOR?! by lirexpatrio
[December 07, 2012, 07:09:46 pm]

Post Some Awesome Videos by maxman
[December 07, 2012, 05:51:39 pm]

Can @cmd playmusic "aaaa" 1 also increse music sound ? by BeasTie
[December 07, 2012, 05:24:38 pm]

Streets of Rage: Silent Storm by mtrain
[December 07, 2012, 03:45:05 pm]

Site will be down for maintenance on 12/8/2012 thru 12/10/2012 by Damon Caskey
[December 07, 2012, 07:42:42 am]

Cancelled SOR 3d Remake by riccochet
[December 07, 2012, 03:58:33 am]

Dungeon Fighter: B.O.R. by msmalik681
[December 07, 2012, 03:24:27 am]

[TUTORIAL] How to create 4 Games of OpenBOR in 1 CD (650 MB) by magggas
[December 06, 2012, 09:46:25 pm]

custknife by Bloodbane
[December 06, 2012, 09:34:09 pm]

blockfx help by B.Kardi
[December 06, 2012, 04:09:14 pm]

street of age 4 hd by corradlo
[December 06, 2012, 01:41:36 pm]

ClaFan - Classic Fantasy ver 1.17 by soniczxblade
[December 06, 2012, 05:01:20 am]

Bug Archive by Bloodbane
[December 06, 2012, 02:00:44 am]

"Bio-Doom" and "Gears of Doom" by BulletBob
[December 05, 2012, 10:07:21 pm]

Contra Locked 'N' Loaded v2 by Bloodbane
[December 05, 2012, 09:39:43 pm]

Downloadable OpenBoR Manual by BeasTie
[December 05, 2012, 08:31:24 pm]

Having trouble testing changes by B.Kardi
[December 05, 2012, 03:05:53 pm]

DragonBall Absalon by msmalik681
[December 05, 2012, 02:52:13 pm]

[Hi-Res] Swamp by Vibrant
[December 05, 2012, 10:47:14 am]

• Dot Guests: 132
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

Author Topic: Remakes  (Read 11205 times)

Offline ARGOROK

• May the way of the hero lead you to the TRIFORCE
Re: Remakes
« Reply #15 on: January 14, 2011, 12:38:03 pm »
It's not Valdivia City Ransom... that is my mod, Rivulet City Ransom. It's a WIP.  :)
I?m glad to know that this MOD is a WIP NickyP, I hope so you release it soon, I love kunio kun games (in my avatar you can see it). Thank you very much, now I?ll wait definitively this MOD. I hope you still working on it.

Yep jesus I have already that MOD, it?s awesome but I want to see a MOD with original sprites from River city Ransom, just like NickyP?s Rivulet City Ransom.

Offline NickyP

• You know, that guy with the pet drum?
    • Personal OpenBOR site.
« Reply #16 on: January 14, 2011, 02:32:04 pm »
Good news then: it's almost done. And once it's finished, I'll get back to working on Super Mario Bros 3 Nu.

Offline ARGOROK

« Reply #17 on: January 14, 2011, 03:18:51 pm »
Bless God NickyP that?s a very nice notice, how happy I?m feeling to know it, which soundtrack did you use?, just curiosity, I?m waiting for the SMB3 Nu MOD too, I don?t remember but I think this will be an adventure style MOD like original mario gameplay, keep going, I?ll watching for both releases. Again thank you very much.

Offline NickyP

• Personal OpenBOR site.
« Reply #18 on: January 14, 2011, 03:21:53 pm »
Rivulet City Ransom has all 8-bit music.

Offline ARGOROK

« Reply #19 on: January 14, 2011, 04:24:03 pm »
I like it just like original game, one last question, which is the release data for this MOD? (aproximately).

Offline NickyP

• Personal OpenBOR site.
« Reply #20 on: January 14, 2011, 08:07:59 pm »
 :laughing: Hell if I know, you'll know when it's finished.

Offline CrimsonBoy

« Reply #21 on: January 18, 2011, 06:24:16 pm »
DD Crew with more fluid gameplay would also be nice to see a game like Super Smash Brothers being remade. I'd also like to see a 2d shenmue or revised final fight streetwise.

Offline NickyP

• Personal OpenBOR site.
« Reply #22 on: January 19, 2011, 02:10:33 pm »
@ NickyP
advance in Tales of Phantasia? :)

One day I'll revisit that mod and touch it up, because right now it's garbage. When I have the time and energy, I'll turn it into a masterpiece.  ;)

Offline Crimefighters2

• Double Dragon Advance, kicks ***.
« Reply #23 on: January 19, 2011, 02:32:12 pm »
I would love a proper Crime Fighters or even a Crime Fighters 2 remake(I think CF2 would be way too much work).

Combatribes is also high on my list. And Golden Axe I know there have already been a few but they haven't done it for me. IIRC Utunnels version was the best but it was way too close to the original. And that other GA Genesis was good but it wasn't exciting enough to be a true Golden Axe game.

I'm surprised nobody has done a Ninja Warriors or Rushing beat mod? Cadillacs and Dinosaurs doesn't seem that favored either.
Play Crime Busters latest version, Nightslashers X, 8man and Return of Double Dragon.

Offline Bloodbane

• Dark Dragon
« Reply #24 on: January 19, 2011, 11:14:04 pm »
DD Crew with more fluid gameplay

That's a boring game IMO however I agree with the developer's idea about running attack in that game. Running attack spammer will surely hate how this move is done in that game.

I'm surprised nobody has done a Ninja Warriors or Rushing beat mod?

Mr.Q did Rushing Beat mod long time ago but he kept it to himself. Also that mod uses CVS sprites instead of Rushing Beat sprites.
OpenBoR Manual

Basic OpenBoR Tutorials

OpenBoR Tricks & Tutorials

"The more often enemies attack, the more open they are to counter attacks"

Offline DJGameFreakTheIguana

• Credit to Vyck_St.Judas, Edited by me.
« Reply #25 on: January 19, 2011, 11:27:10 pm »
DD Crew with more fluid gameplay

That's a boring game IMO however I agree with the developer's idea about running attack in that game. Running attack spammer will surely hate how this move is done in that game.
It might have been boring seeing as how you could only hit one enemy at a time, making it easy to get jump anytime there was more then one. I'm not much of a run attack spammer but that game made it more satisfying once you actually hit someone with it.

DD Crew with more fluid gameplay would also be nice to see a game like Super Smash Brothers being remade. I'd also like to see a 2d shenmue or revised final fight streetwise.
1. I really wanna try getting D.D. Crew in my sega mod but it's really hard to rip, but with my aunts pc back on and I feel like it, I may try again. I almost had a full sheet for buster done, but lost it when flash drive cunked out on me, so I have to start over. I did rip a few frames from F.F. but haven't cleaned them yet.

2. The closet thing to a super smash bros. mod you can get here is my Sega Brawlers Mods. The Main demo has more characters and stages, bit the beta one has exclusive characters and 2D stage battles.

3. I'd like to use shenmue in my mod as well(never had the chance to play the game though), but I need someone to make the sprites from scratch, but i may have to do it myself, adding more time to my work...

4. I think someone was making a final fight mod with custom made Kyle Travers sprites. I think it was the N Bueno dude?

EDIT:
Oh yeah, I'd like to see Savage Reign and Kazuna encounter come together in one mod (I think only two characters were switched between them). However, I know it's wishful thinking that if someone other then me makes it, Mezu and Gozu wont be made playable, but I really want to put them in balance of power for some reason.

Also, Galaxy Fight wouldn't be a bad idea either, but a few of the characters may not have ripped sheets or Mugen chars, I know Golden Done doesn't and I was a bit P.O.ed at that.  "WHY THE HELL IS THERE NO G.DONE CHARS DONE!!??" >:(  I thought to myself.... "because those Mugen guys only care about the main, shin, and god characters" :teary_eyed: :eyebrow_action: I thought back....

X)
« Last Edit: January 19, 2011, 11:52:42 pm by DJGameFreakTheIguana »

Offline maxman

• I'm a slowpoke in speed.
« Reply #26 on: January 20, 2011, 02:02:48 am »
Mr.Q did Rushing Beat mod long time ago but he kept it to himself. Also that mod uses CVS sprites instead of Rushing Beat sprites.
He said he did this a long time ago, but he stopped it later. I don't know the reason for it.
Dragon Duo (W.I.P./Outdated demo (2010 version)) (in progress)
Captain Commando (in progress)
Unelmia: Dreamers' Fate (collaborating with contress/taskmaster) (in progress)

Best OpenBOR mods:Spoiler
1. World Heroes Supreme Justice
2. Golden Axe Myth
3. Art of Fighting: Beats of Rage Remix III
4. A Tale of Vengeance
5. Valdivia Ransom City (demo)
6. Sega Brawlers Megamix
7. Super Fightin Spirit
8. Angel-0

Offline Bloodbane

• Dark Dragon
« Reply #27 on: January 20, 2011, 02:56:34 am »
It might have been boring seeing as how you could only hit one enemy at a time, making it easy to get jump anytime there was more then one. I'm not much of a run attack spammer but that game made it more satisfying once you actually hit someone with it.

Actually, the reason D.D Crew is boring IMO is because enemies get repeated too often. There are only 5 regular enemies in 7 stages! Imagine how many times one enemy is respawned :P. It's true that they use different remaps in higher level but it doesn't cut the boredom at all.

Well, despite the 'boring feature', it has unique feature in which player can lift fallen enemy and toss it either to front or upwards. If enemy is thrown upwards, he will cause small quake on landing knocking down enemies nearby.
OpenBoR Manual

Basic OpenBoR Tutorials

OpenBoR Tricks & Tutorials

"The more often enemies attack, the more open they are to counter attacks"

Offline Crimefighters2

• Double Dragon Advance, kicks ***.
« Reply #28 on: January 20, 2011, 10:17:43 am »
Awh too bad about RB.

I forgot the my biggest one, Double Dragon 2 NES I mean there has been nothing like it since. It has loads of platforming and variety. And is legendary in retrogaming circles.

Nothing like hyper knee kicking and enemy off a 10 story building. I know there are a lot of bor and obor DD mods but none of them capture DD2 NES spirit imho. Usually they only have like 3 platforming segments total, even the official games don't have that many.
Play Crime Busters latest version, Nightslashers X, 8man and Return of Double Dragon.

Offline shadow

« Reply #29 on: January 23, 2011, 09:35:41 am »
It's time the new Bare Knuckle Remake V5 :laughing:

0%

mighty
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal