Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

What openbor you prefer: Double dragon,battletoads or final fight !? by lirexpatrio
[December 07, 2012, 07:15:27 pm]

what are your favorite games OpenBOR?! by lirexpatrio
[December 07, 2012, 07:09:46 pm]

Post Some Awesome Videos by maxman
[December 07, 2012, 05:51:39 pm]

Can @cmd playmusic "aaaa" 1 also increse music sound ? by BeasTie
[December 07, 2012, 05:24:38 pm]

Streets of Rage: Silent Storm by mtrain
[December 07, 2012, 03:45:05 pm]

Site will be down for maintenance on 12/8/2012 thru 12/10/2012 by Damon Caskey
[December 07, 2012, 07:42:42 am]

Cancelled SOR 3d Remake by riccochet
[December 07, 2012, 03:58:33 am]

Dungeon Fighter: B.O.R. by msmalik681
[December 07, 2012, 03:24:27 am]

[TUTORIAL] How to create 4 Games of OpenBOR in 1 CD (650 MB) by magggas
[December 06, 2012, 09:46:25 pm]

custknife by Bloodbane
[December 06, 2012, 09:34:09 pm]

blockfx help by B.Kardi
[December 06, 2012, 04:09:14 pm]

street of age 4 hd by corradlo
[December 06, 2012, 01:41:36 pm]

ClaFan - Classic Fantasy ver 1.17 by soniczxblade
[December 06, 2012, 05:01:20 am]

Bug Archive by Bloodbane
[December 06, 2012, 02:00:44 am]

"Bio-Doom" and "Gears of Doom" by BulletBob
[December 05, 2012, 10:07:21 pm]

Contra Locked 'N' Loaded v2 by Bloodbane
[December 05, 2012, 09:39:43 pm]

Downloadable OpenBoR Manual by BeasTie
[December 05, 2012, 08:31:24 pm]

Having trouble testing changes by B.Kardi
[December 05, 2012, 03:05:53 pm]

DragonBall Absalon by msmalik681
[December 05, 2012, 02:52:13 pm]

[Hi-Res] Swamp by Vibrant
[December 05, 2012, 10:47:14 am]

• Dot Guests: 104
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

Author Topic: Super Mario Bros Z (DEMO)  (Read 3915 times)

Offline betterbold

Super Mario Bros Z (DEMO)
« on: February 05, 2011, 11:55:13 pm »
This is my little project but I'll do my best. ;)
Super Mario Bros. Z, better known as SMBZ, is a Flash animation series created by Alvin-Earthworm. I love this animation then make it. Enjoy. =)

*attention*
It's just beta1 and I made a sample pak.

-Command list-

f=forward
d=down
j=jump
a=attack
s=special(S only=guard)

f+f=run
f+f+a=run attack
j+a=jump attack
f+s=special(strong attack)
d+f+a=special2(stronger attack)
d+d+a=special3(strongest attack or Transformation)

http://www.sendspace.com/file/gjqdut
« Last Edit: February 06, 2011, 12:01:54 am by betterbold »

Offline DJGameFreakTheIguana

• Credit to Vyck_St.Judas, Edited by me.
Re: Super Mario Bros Z (DEMO)
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2011, 01:15:33 am »
Dizzam, I can't believe someone decided to make a fan game of this flash movie, let alone an OpenBOR mod.  :laughing: Downloading now.  :cheers!:

BTW, you posted in the wrong section. There's a spot in here called demos for topics like this. Don't worry though, one of the mods will take care of it.  :eek:

X)

Offline NickyP

• You know, that guy with the pet drum?
    • Personal OpenBOR site.
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2011, 01:54:34 am »
Dizzam, I can't believe someone decided to make a fan game of this flash movie, let alone an OpenBOR mod. 

:laughing: This may not be surprising, but SMBZ was a mod I had planned out... SMB3Nu was actually an idea that spawned from that. But it's ok, I'll let someone else do this one. Lord knows I need a break, right?  ;)

Downloading now. I'll give feedback afterwards.

Offline betterbold

« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2011, 02:28:40 am »
Thanks for your comments and I'm sorry to post the wrong section. :blushing:
Should I move this topic ?

Offline NickyP

• Personal OpenBOR site.
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2011, 02:38:00 am »
Alright, I just finished (actually gave up after failing to beat Bowser too many times). Here's my quickie review:

The Good:
-Presentation is solid, colors are nice, backgrounds are nicer.
-Destructable backgrounds. That's a first I've ever seen on a BOR mod, and it fits so well with SMBZ. Good job on that, nice touch.
-Music and sound effects are well placed, and it matches with what you hear in SMBZ.
-I like how both enemies and players are temporarily invincible after being knocked down. Also something I've never seen in a BOR mod.
-Nice sprite edits on Mario.

The Bad:
-This is based off of SMBZ, which in turn is based off of DBZ. Both of those things are abundant in something this mod is missing: aerial combos. C'mon dude, what makes DBZ/SMBZ so awesome are the fights in the air! It needs to be put in... and if you need help with it, I'll be more than happy to give you a lesson on it. Here's a video of it from one of my mods: Spoiler-Enemy AI needs to be fixed. There should be a half-second or so delay after Koopas/Goombas attack... it's too cheap. Even with the invincibility you get from recovering, they still surround you and throw you around. Like I said, give them a pause after they attack, so that the player has a chance to counter-attack.
-One life per credit? I understand you want it to be challenging and give the player a chance to switch characters often, but one life per credit is no good. Unless, of course, you give many credits.
-Mario and Sonic have 3 attacks in their combo, but the second attack blasts enemies away, so you can never land the third hit. Why? At least use a dropv like 2 0 0 so that it knocks them straight in the air, which leads to the 3rd attack. It would be even better if you did that in addition to adding aerial combos!

Alright, that's my feedback for now. Keep up the good work man, polish it up!  ;)

Offline betterbold

« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2011, 03:13:51 am »
>NickyP
Thanks a lot for your advice !! :laughing:
I used your great trick(change the music), but I don't know how to stop the music when mario died. Can you tell me about it?

Offline NickyP

• Personal OpenBOR site.
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2011, 04:05:18 am »
You'll want to use the fademusic command to stop it, you use it like playmusic. The only problem you may have is replaying the stage music after you've stopped it.

Offline Liu-Kang

« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2011, 01:51:01 pm »
Dude I love SMBZ! I gotta try this out! Also, Will Basalisx be in this?

Offline talic

• I kill you, and the Night!!!
    • Talic VisualBlog
« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2011, 03:23:05 pm »
great idea.
I tested the beta 0.1 and you really need to fix the Koopas and Goombas attack is too much annoying.
I really like the breakable environment, is so Dragon Ball.
Keep working on it. :cheers!:

If you need cool mario series sprites you should check the www.mfgg.net in the sprite selection, is like a huge updated database.

PD:
i expend like 20 minutes trying to see if i could enter in the pipe, then i realize that it was a obor game not a mario series.  ;D jajaja
« Last Edit: February 06, 2011, 03:24:36 pm by talic »

Offline DJGameFreakTheIguana

• Credit to Vyck_St.Judas, Edited by me.
« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2011, 06:57:21 pm »
PD:
i expend like 20 minutes trying to see if i could enter in the pipe, then i realize that it was a obor game not a mario series.  ;D jajaja
LMAO, I jumped on that pipe, just to see if anything would happen! :laughing:

Now with the feedback:
I played this last night(and beat bowser with sonic on my last credit), and I agree with everything NickyP said, so I'm gonna give you some advice.

1. Like Nicky said, this is based on DBZ style fighting, and besides aerial combat, you also need fast combos to. That's basically the best part for me IMO. What I would do is cancel on all your attack animations and map them to different moves and combos. For example, if sonic lands 1 attack on an enemy and you press attack2, you flip kicks them into the air. But if he lands 2 attacks and press attack 2, he does a breakdance combo that kicks his enemy multiple times in a combo before sending them off.
Also, you may want to make big backgrounds and use "Cameratype 1" on your levels so the camera follows you in aerial combat.

2. Super mode. Now, I haven't done it myself(yet) but I know there a way to switch entities during gamplay using the MP bar. You should find out how to use this to make your chars go super mode during gameplay. Or, you could save that for later in super mode fights, and use "Setweap 1" to switch your character into super mode for certain levels(like against mecha sonic).

3. Projectiles, and big ones if you use super mode. The best way to do it is to give the beams and or shots their own frames and spawn them at the right time during a chars animation, like I did here in these shots:
Spoiler

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Get these three done along with Aeriel combat and you might one of the sickest mods on the block son!

before I'm done, I've got two questions:
1. Is this mode really going to be 1 player only?  :ru_sure:

2. Will shadow be in this mod? If so, I have a copy of him done, but I don't have it with me at the moment. If you wanna get it yourself, download my sega brawlers main demo and rip him from the data folder.

EDIT: Never mind that last bit, here's my copy of shadow for ya, Just make sure to add him to your models txt along with the projectiles(If you plan to use them to). Don't mind the shadowB and E files, that's just enemy versions of him for brawlers.

X)
« Last Edit: February 06, 2011, 10:03:16 pm by DJGameFreakTheIguana »

Offline Bloodbane

• Dark Dragon
« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2011, 07:42:11 pm »
 Cute mod with cute chars! Took some time to get used to difficulty in the game but I got it.
 I beat Bowser with Transformed Mario... so many mushrooms, shooting him is no problem at all ;D.

The pipe is tempting, I was going to jump there too but after reading what other ppl said here, I cancelled the idea (thanks guys). Anyways, you could make branch entity on top of the pipe to give real branch so the pipe could bring you somewhere ;).

Although I like the difficulty this mod offers, I think you should start with simple difficulty at 1st level. For instance, the Goombas shouldn't have attack at all, they should only have attackbox in their IDLE and WALK animations. Remember, they chase players so bumping player is enough for them. In latter levels, there would be deadlier Goomba with ramming attack or shoot ability.

Ramming Koopas is okay but for 1st stage just give Koopas with close range attack then in latter levels, deadlier Koopas such as Red Koopas appear which can ram like you already have now.

BTW Is Sonic only extra player or he has important part in the mod? I mean if he is in, we should expect to see Sonic world (and Eggman too).
OpenBoR Manual

Basic OpenBoR Tutorials

OpenBoR Tricks & Tutorials

"The more often enemies attack, the more open they are to counter attacks"

Offline NickyP

• Personal OpenBOR site.
« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2011, 07:43:40 pm »
EDIT: Bloodbane, this mod is based on Super Mario Bros Z, a series of flash movies which are inturn based off of Dragon Ball Z. Here's a clip from one of the episodes: Spoiler
Lucky for you, betterbold, I've made/released mods that do exactly what DJ is saying you should.

1. Like Nicky said, this is based on DBZ style fighting, and besides aerial combat, you also need fast combos to. That's basically the best part for me IMO. What I would do is cancel on all your attack animations and map them to different moves and combos. For example, if sonic lands 1 attack on an enemy and you press attack2, you flip kicks them into the air. But if he lands 2 attacks and press attack 2, he does a breakdance combo that kicks his enemy multiple times in a combo before sending them off.

Play my Cancel-combo demo to learn how to do that:
http://lavalit.com:8080/index.php/topic,2164.0.html

Also, you may want to make big backgrounds and use "Cameratype 1" on your levels so the camera follows you in aerial combat.

Play my Kingdom Hearts demo to learn both how "Cameratype 1" can work with aerials, and how to make aerial combos:
http://lavalit.com:8080/index.php?action=tpmod;dl=item392

2. Super mode. Now, I haven't done it myself(yet) but I know there a way to switch entities during gamplay using the MP bar. You should find out how to use this to make your chars go super mode during gameplay. Or, you could save that for later in super mode fights, and use "Setweap 1" to switch your character into super mode for certain levels(like against mecha sonic).

... and play my Megaman: The Power War 1 mod to learn how to do that:
http://lavalit.com:8080/index.php?action=tpmod;dl=item294
(Megaman turns into Jet Megaman when you push Attack2)

Paxplode away, dude!

Offline betterbold

« Reply #12 on: February 07, 2011, 02:07:55 am »
Thanks a lot for everyone's kindness !! :laughing:
Sure,I'll do my best however I'm Japanese and not good at English then It's difficult for me to learn about BOR...Now, I have one of the idea:Knife VS Knife (I made the topic) but I couldn't realise it. :teary_eyed:
Yes, I need your help. please. :blushing:

Offline Bloodbane

• Dark Dragon
« Reply #13 on: February 08, 2011, 06:01:45 pm »
 Hmmm... is Sonic missing some abilities? seems like he doesn't have D F A attack and D D A attack.

Anyways, although fight with Bowser is a challenge, I suggest that you reduce his health, alot. It's true that big HP increases difficulty but in this mod, it's ridiculous. I mean it takes so long to 'remove' the white lifebar from him let alone killing him. Even more, there are lots of mana item in the room.

IMO it's best for Bowser to have way lower health BUT with less items in the room, maybe just one mana item is enough, no health item either.
OpenBoR Manual

Basic OpenBoR Tutorials

OpenBoR Tricks & Tutorials

"The more often enemies attack, the more open they are to counter attacks"

Offline soniczxblade

• "got it memorized?""ware wa messiah nari"!
« Reply #14 on: November 11, 2012, 06:16:17 am »
I'm a diehard fan of smbz, well, quarter of my memory card is at smbz, I mean. the character,sonic,mario,shadow,weegee,
BTW, did you watch the part 9? ;D
Favorite games
Spoiler
ClaFan 1.17 - NickyP
SBMM - DjGameFreakTheIguana
kingdom hearts demo -NickyP
Cosmic damage - DjGameFreakTheIguana
Valdivia city ransom - Die_in_Fire and maxman
None openbor games
sonic vs LF2 - SonicBleachFan
Panzer bandit ps1 - banpresto

0%