Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

What openbor you prefer: Double dragon,battletoads or final fight !? by lirexpatrio
[December 07, 2012, 07:15:27 pm]

what are your favorite games OpenBOR?! by lirexpatrio
[December 07, 2012, 07:09:46 pm]

Post Some Awesome Videos by maxman
[December 07, 2012, 05:51:39 pm]

Can @cmd playmusic "aaaa" 1 also increse music sound ? by BeasTie
[December 07, 2012, 05:24:38 pm]

Streets of Rage: Silent Storm by mtrain
[December 07, 2012, 03:45:05 pm]

Site will be down for maintenance on 12/8/2012 thru 12/10/2012 by Damon Caskey
[December 07, 2012, 07:42:42 am]

Cancelled SOR 3d Remake by riccochet
[December 07, 2012, 03:58:33 am]

Dungeon Fighter: B.O.R. by msmalik681
[December 07, 2012, 03:24:27 am]

[TUTORIAL] How to create 4 Games of OpenBOR in 1 CD (650 MB) by magggas
[December 06, 2012, 09:46:25 pm]

custknife by Bloodbane
[December 06, 2012, 09:34:09 pm]

blockfx help by B.Kardi
[December 06, 2012, 04:09:14 pm]

street of age 4 hd by corradlo
[December 06, 2012, 01:41:36 pm]

ClaFan - Classic Fantasy ver 1.17 by soniczxblade
[December 06, 2012, 05:01:20 am]

Bug Archive by Bloodbane
[December 06, 2012, 02:00:44 am]

"Bio-Doom" and "Gears of Doom" by BulletBob
[December 05, 2012, 10:07:21 pm]

Contra Locked 'N' Loaded v2 by Bloodbane
[December 05, 2012, 09:39:43 pm]

Downloadable OpenBoR Manual by BeasTie
[December 05, 2012, 08:31:24 pm]

Having trouble testing changes by B.Kardi
[December 05, 2012, 03:05:53 pm]

DragonBall Absalon by msmalik681
[December 05, 2012, 02:52:13 pm]

[Hi-Res] Swamp by Vibrant
[December 05, 2012, 10:47:14 am]

• Dot Guests: 19
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

Author Topic: Demo - MASS EFFECT: DCotG  (Read 8848 times)

Offline kungpow12345

• Developer
Re: Demo - MASS EFFECT: DCotG
« Reply #15 on: August 23, 2011, 09:50:39 am »
mtrain, if you don't mind, I'd like to try to make a Wii compatible port of this mod. I've been looking for a good mod to test the full capability of the Wii port so I think this mod is it. I don't think there'll be a lot of challenges to bring it to a 720x480 resolution and could also use cameramode to accommodate for the larger stages. I just think it'll look absolutely awesome on there and you might fool some people  :cheers!:

Offline CyborGamer

« Reply #16 on: August 23, 2011, 01:05:46 pm »
Been waiting for this ever since I discovered OpenBOR and this site. ;D

Anyways, just had the pleasure of testing this myself, the graphics is absolutely gorgeous! Though, I do have some problems with it. First, as pointed out it's pretty hard to hit the enemies, the need to hit at the precise range of the fist is annoying. I can understand having a short reach but not being able to hit when the character's face is buried at the enemies chest isn't very fun.

Second is when you jump, you're completely invincible. I also found the jumps a bit too far and floaty, it's not very useful and is too hard to hit with when the attack frame and range is so short. If it's intentional then my bad.

Just my 2 cents. Good luck with this. :)
« Last Edit: August 23, 2011, 01:12:25 pm by CyborGamer »

Offline haricot

« Reply #17 on: August 23, 2011, 01:47:35 pm »
Hi, thanks for this very nice mod
o you think you can build the mod for small resolution device
thank you, and no. Technicaly it is possible. But i must change resolution of all sprites and accomodate new coordinates and frame offsets to new resolution. But it huge work and i dont think i make it, sorry :blushing:

Ok, i understand, that pity this mod can be one of my favourite i think :)
I just noticed one thing, it's too easy to kill everybody with the "vanguard charge" i think (may be lose health when use it or something like that can be a solution , or limit it with a power bar).
Thanks again for this good work!

Offline msmalik681

« Reply #18 on: August 23, 2011, 06:02:23 pm »
simply amazing love the smooth animation and crisp clean look I'm not ashamed to say this mod looks sexy the spites take up most of the mod size you could cut them down by converting them to png but only think you will cut the size by maybe 10MB.

I also think the hit range is too short. Also think there should be some kind of warning for the self destruct enemies but that's just my opinion overall love it keep up the great work.

Offline kungpow12345

• Developer
« Reply #19 on: August 23, 2011, 07:40:27 pm »
I know I kinda jumped the gun on this, but I really love the concept that Mass Effect here represents. Here is my current progress with my now-current private Wii conversion of Mass Effect.

I still need to test this on hardware but so far the conversion is going pretty well. It is becoming apparent that the Z path needs to be expanded a bit, especially when dealing with this resolution. Also, I removed the "bars" from the bgicon since the widescreen effect isn't needed when it's shown on the Wii.

mtrain, I will make the edits I'm doing available to you and then you can release them once you see what I did. I'm trying to preserve your original work as much as I can. If you want me to stop what I'm doing, let me know. In the end, you might want to listen to the fans of your mod and start implementing some of the fixes they suggest. I know the one that's really getting to me is the attack box on some of these attacks, in particular, player vs container. You have to be right up on it before it breaks. That should be addressed and it could make the mod function better.

This mod has ALOT of potential and it definitely breaks the mold of what's been seen here in the recent months and quite frankly years since OpenBoR has been around. That makes me proud as one of the first veterans to support BoR/OpenBoR. It really shows how far the engine has gone these past few years.

Offline ARGOROK

• May the way of the hero lead you to the TRIFORCE
« Reply #20 on: August 23, 2011, 10:12:39 pm »
This MOD goes beyond that more than one of us were expected, it breaks the chains and the apparent limitations that OpenBOR seemed had, this is really amazing and IŽll appreciate the wii port made by you kungpow I hope our friend mtrain doesnŽt ask you to stop, keep going mtrain really awesome work here thank you very much  :cheers!:

Offline Damon Caskey

• The Gorge
« Reply #21 on: August 23, 2011, 10:53:39 pm »
Visually stunning, no surprise there. But mechanically it still needs work.

it breaks the chains and the apparent limitations that OpenBOR seemed had

I have to disagree with this completely - as I think anyone would who knows what the engine is capable of. Yes this is a gorgeous looking module. But no offense to mtrain, it does absolutely nothing to push or even approach the limits of OpenBOR. In fact from a gameplay perspective this is pretty standard fare. Always active bboxes and pretty sprites are not breaking the chains.

These massive, beautiful and well animated characters deserve tighter controls, more moves and more importantly more unique moves. By that I mean let's see some grappling, short circuit stunning, taking control of lesser enemies to fight for you, traps, projectile reflecting shields, something besides hit the other guy until he falls down.

I also agree with BwwD about the button maps. The control layout is very unintuitive. There is a reason most games use a punch/kick layout or stay with a single attack button. It works. You should really reconsider the control mapping.

Even with all those flaws this is impressive work. Keep it up!

DC

« Last Edit: August 23, 2011, 11:09:15 pm by Damon Caskey »
OpenBOR Wiki.

Coming Soon:
Spoiler
Fatal Fury Chronicals

Offline hellsburn

« Reply #22 on: August 24, 2011, 12:05:35 am »
i like demos..and i like yo hard work guy.thanks for sharing

Offline mtrain

• Ellunare | Art&Design | 2011
« Reply #23 on: August 24, 2011, 09:54:58 am »
I forgot to unpack second archive
Oh, thats why  :whoosh!: Hope you like it)

it isnt that hard to copy idle pose into first frame in your 3D software i guess
Now it is not, i`ll try make it to the next release.

I'd like to try to make a Wii compatible port of this mod.
Your welcome. I have no enough free time to make it multiresolution, so hope you can make it port.  ;)

pretty hard to hit the enemies
yeah, i already understnd this problem. I will work on it.

Second is when you jump, you're completely invincible
that is because jump animation have wrong bboxes, my mistake :blushing:

I also found the jumps a bit too far
it's not very useful and is too hard to hit
will work on it )

Good luck with this.
thank you, CyborGamer!

it's too easy to kill everybody with the "vanguard charge"
yeah it have a place. But i tried to make it as freespecial to charge have it energy cost, but you can not make it as fast as runattack, so i stoped on runattack and free energy cost.

warning for the self destruct enemies
it will be. I hold it in my head. Thank you, msmalik681!

attack box on some of these attacks, in particular, player vs container
got it) i will work on it)

ARGOROK, thank you for your comment, but i agree with DC:

it does absolutely nothing to push or even approach the limits of OpenBOR
Always active bboxes and pretty sprites are not breaking the chains.

absolutely right. as i say at announce of my mod (before WIP starts) i want to make mod with nice graphics and sound effects in full openbor ability, but with simple game mechanic as SoR series and this is the answer on this:

These massive, beautiful and well animated characters deserve tighter controls, more moves and more importantly more unique moves. By that I mean let's see some grappling, short circuit stunning, taking control of lesser enemies to fight for you, traps, projectile reflecting shields, something besides hit the other guy until he falls down.

so i did not plan this ;), and it will most likely not in my mod, BUT, as to full graphic pontential, I have only one remark to the engine - OpenBor works wery slow, with low fps with using of alpha and drawmethod functions. For this reason i cannot able to add more fog, smoke, more realistic explosions, blicks, and other special effects, and most important for me - dynamic lighting. So i can say that i use the full graphic potential of today OpenBor version.

Keep it up!
Thank you, DC:cheers!:

i like demos..and i like yo hard work guy.thanks for sharing
Your welcome, hellsburn :cheers!:
Current projects:

My WORKS // http://ellunare.deviantart.com/

Offline Hardak

« Reply #24 on: August 25, 2011, 03:01:11 am »
This mod looks better than any I've ever seen. The controls are not comfortable but I got used to it. Don't stop improving this mod, you've already done an outstanding job so far.

Offline Mrgrill247

« Reply #25 on: August 25, 2011, 01:22:36 pm »
Just played your game last night and I liked it. I think your if some of the backgrounds were darker it would really shine. This type of game might be more enjoyable on a Playstation or Xbox gamepad due to the control functions.

Just tightened up the collision boxes and give us the option to skip the intro and were good to go.
Ninja magic. Ninjitsu-to, the ability to seem invisible to cause fear and paralisis in your enemies.

Offline Hardak

« Reply #26 on: September 28, 2011, 12:39:19 pm »
 >:( HEY! I want an update on this game already! It's so good!

Offline maxman

• I'm a slowpoke in speed.
« Reply #27 on: October 02, 2011, 12:02:59 am »
Have I missed this demo already? Is it not in the Lavalit demo section or was it removed from there? I want to try this out.
Dragon Duo (W.I.P./Outdated demo (2010 version)) (in progress)
Captain Commando (in progress)
Unelmia: Dreamers' Fate (collaborating with contress/taskmaster) (in progress)

Best OpenBOR mods:Spoiler
1. World Heroes Supreme Justice
2. Golden Axe Myth
3. Art of Fighting: Beats of Rage Remix III
4. A Tale of Vengeance
5. Valdivia Ransom City (demo)
6. Sega Brawlers Megamix
7. Super Fightin Spirit
8. Angel-0

Offline mtrain

• Ellunare | Art&Design | 2011
« Reply #28 on: October 02, 2011, 03:37:48 am »
Download links in the head of topic.
Current projects:

My WORKS // http://ellunare.deviantart.com/

Offline Crimefighters2

• Double Dragon Advance, kicks ***.
« Reply #29 on: October 02, 2011, 10:14:53 am »
If you do decide to add to the demo, could you please convert the sound files to ogg to save space.

Also maybe some cleanup on files that don't need to be in the pak. Thanks.
Play Crime Busters latest version, Nightslashers X, 8man and Return of Double Dragon.

0%

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal