Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

What openbor you prefer: Double dragon,battletoads or final fight !? by lirexpatrio
[December 07, 2012, 07:15:27 pm]

what are your favorite games OpenBOR?! by lirexpatrio
[December 07, 2012, 07:09:46 pm]

Post Some Awesome Videos by maxman
[December 07, 2012, 05:51:39 pm]

Can @cmd playmusic "aaaa" 1 also increse music sound ? by BeasTie
[December 07, 2012, 05:24:38 pm]

Streets of Rage: Silent Storm by mtrain
[December 07, 2012, 03:45:05 pm]

Site will be down for maintenance on 12/8/2012 thru 12/10/2012 by Damon Caskey
[December 07, 2012, 07:42:42 am]

Cancelled SOR 3d Remake by riccochet
[December 07, 2012, 03:58:33 am]

Dungeon Fighter: B.O.R. by msmalik681
[December 07, 2012, 03:24:27 am]

[TUTORIAL] How to create 4 Games of OpenBOR in 1 CD (650 MB) by magggas
[December 06, 2012, 09:46:25 pm]

custknife by Bloodbane
[December 06, 2012, 09:34:09 pm]

blockfx help by B.Kardi
[December 06, 2012, 04:09:14 pm]

street of age 4 hd by corradlo
[December 06, 2012, 01:41:36 pm]

ClaFan - Classic Fantasy ver 1.17 by soniczxblade
[December 06, 2012, 05:01:20 am]

Bug Archive by Bloodbane
[December 06, 2012, 02:00:44 am]

"Bio-Doom" and "Gears of Doom" by BulletBob
[December 05, 2012, 10:07:21 pm]

Contra Locked 'N' Loaded v2 by Bloodbane
[December 05, 2012, 09:39:43 pm]

Downloadable OpenBoR Manual by BeasTie
[December 05, 2012, 08:31:24 pm]

Having trouble testing changes by B.Kardi
[December 05, 2012, 03:05:53 pm]

DragonBall Absalon by msmalik681
[December 05, 2012, 02:52:13 pm]

[Hi-Res] Swamp by Vibrant
[December 05, 2012, 10:47:14 am]

• Dot Guests: 183
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

Author Topic: what you think of very powerfull chars?  (Read 1017 times)

Offline TsunaXX

• Games, mangás and animes will rule the world
what you think of very powerfull chars?
« on: August 22, 2011, 04:56:32 pm »
I think it's a way of the persons who can play very well to win a match against a veteran, but where is the fun in that, who will play against a super powerfull char knowing it will lose (unless if you also have a super powerfull char).

Now think in the battle of Neo-Raper Isabeau ssj9 VS Omni-Psych Super Dizzy ULTIMATE.

The battle never ends because the two can't hurt each other. Sometimes one hurt the other, but the life restore.

I know it because I tested it. Not to mention that you can't see anything when the two starts to use yours Hypers.  :wow!:

Because of this and other things, the super powerfull chars are bad you canot have fun with this.

I postede this because I want to knew the opinion of the others.

Offline Bloodbane

• Dark Dragon
Re: what you think of very powerfull chars?
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2011, 12:35:53 am »
 I don't know who you referring here but I'm talking in general not just for 1vs1 games but for platformer, RPG and beat'm up as well.

I agree with you about overly powerful characters. Games require balance to be good and those characters are out of balance.
 Lack of weakness is bad, very bad! It sounds odd but weakness is important and combined together with strength, they form character. These 2 will then defines how the game would be.
 Ex: In most games, inability to fly could be annoying but this allows strategy to avoid holes, jump to platforms and dodge during fights.
OpenBoR Manual

Basic OpenBoR Tutorials

OpenBoR Tricks & Tutorials

"The more often enemies attack, the more open they are to counter attacks"

Offline Vibrant

« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2011, 08:49:02 am »
Anything overpowered deserves to be deleted :L

Offline Mrgrill247

« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2011, 10:45:17 pm »
It depends. Play Capcom Vs Snk2 as Hibiki against Sagat and feel very proud of defeating him because her health is very low.
So it takes truly great skill to defeat a power character with a weaker one. All of the Dan Hibiki player will agree.
Ninja magic. Ninjitsu-to, the ability to seem invisible to cause fear and paralisis in your enemies.

Offline DJGameFreakTheIguana

• Credit to Vyck_St.Judas, Edited by me.
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2011, 02:24:00 am »
If anything is a good example of broken, it's Mugen. OMG, it's like every character I download just to fight against is overpowered, and Mugen just loves to pair up the hardest 2 AIs it can find for a match that just straight rock me and my partner, for some reason, can never measure up to their AI. So I have to pick marvel's Venom, and a good partner with equally hard, a certain version of Shuma-Gorath for example, and spam venom's heavy punch while my partner attacks and see how that goes. Hell, so of the AI pull of Super moves repeatidly, either seemingly unlimited MP, or waits till they have 3 bars and spam a 1 bar move. Or, there's some of the Melty Blood girls and warekia, who can endlessly juggle and still string super moves into infinite combo.
I've stopped playing it for a while now, and was reminded why I stopped the first time.

X)

Offline GnaReffotsirk

« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2011, 02:41:21 pm »
Too much power in one character must also have an Achilles' heel. Say, the character can do 90 damage with a super, the other character must be given the chance to either deflect, dodge, or simply put counter this power with the same risks.

Superman has his girls and kryptonite.

For gameplay to be fun, there must be balance, even if two characters should be able to kill each other in one blow or would take forever unless the right combo of moves are executed.

It's really about balancing things to make them fun.

But of course, if cinematic or drama was the goal, (especially in single player games), it's alright as long as the player gets some satisfaction in the end.

Offline MatMan

« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2011, 04:15:35 pm »
Sometimes one hurt the other, but the life restore.
This most probably happened on mugen :) There must always be a weakness and if the creature has some sort of restore it must always have very very small increases.

It depends. Play Capcom Vs Snk2 as Hibiki against Sagat and feel very proud of defeating him because her health is very low.
So it takes truly great skill to defeat a power character with a weaker one. All of the Dan Hibiki player will agree.
The trick is that every monster must always have a realistic kill point, with that you create a real tough enemy that need skill and time to kill.

Anything overpowered deserves to be deleted :L
EDIT
I disagree, Have you ever played the final fantasy series, especially number 7. Some of those bosses including those secret bosses where really overpowered at times but really fun to kill.

Lack of weakness is bad, very bad! It sounds odd but weakness is important and combined together with strength, they form character. These 2 will then defines how the game would be.
Spot on  :cheers!:
« Last Edit: October 25, 2011, 04:23:14 pm by MatMan »

Offline happymarc1980

« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2011, 05:53:00 pm »
I like to use Overpowered characters for side quests or the like... In that case you don't have to go through them to finish the game, but if you do go out of your way to face and defeat them, its a challenge and the extra reward is deserved.
Love conquers all

Offline agu

« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2012, 11:50:06 am »
There is a deranged unloades a character that directly chuck norris golpiaban when enemies do not hurt him, and his powers taken away a lot of energy (life characters): S! Ultimate Zula, is another strong character, you can take away life, but does not die, you win if time runs out and your character has more life to it  :(
My main projects:

The Fearless Warriors  Edited Version 2012 (In Progress)

0%

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal