Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

What openbor you prefer: Double dragon,battletoads or final fight !? by lirexpatrio
[December 07, 2012, 07:15:27 pm]

what are your favorite games OpenBOR?! by lirexpatrio
[December 07, 2012, 07:09:46 pm]

Post Some Awesome Videos by maxman
[December 07, 2012, 05:51:39 pm]

Can @cmd playmusic "aaaa" 1 also increse music sound ? by BeasTie
[December 07, 2012, 05:24:38 pm]

Streets of Rage: Silent Storm by mtrain
[December 07, 2012, 03:45:05 pm]

Site will be down for maintenance on 12/8/2012 thru 12/10/2012 by Damon Caskey
[December 07, 2012, 07:42:42 am]

Cancelled SOR 3d Remake by riccochet
[December 07, 2012, 03:58:33 am]

Dungeon Fighter: B.O.R. by msmalik681
[December 07, 2012, 03:24:27 am]

[TUTORIAL] How to create 4 Games of OpenBOR in 1 CD (650 MB) by magggas
[December 06, 2012, 09:46:25 pm]

custknife by Bloodbane
[December 06, 2012, 09:34:09 pm]

blockfx help by B.Kardi
[December 06, 2012, 04:09:14 pm]

street of age 4 hd by corradlo
[December 06, 2012, 01:41:36 pm]

ClaFan - Classic Fantasy ver 1.17 by soniczxblade
[December 06, 2012, 05:01:20 am]

Bug Archive by Bloodbane
[December 06, 2012, 02:00:44 am]

"Bio-Doom" and "Gears of Doom" by BulletBob
[December 05, 2012, 10:07:21 pm]

Contra Locked 'N' Loaded v2 by Bloodbane
[December 05, 2012, 09:39:43 pm]

Downloadable OpenBoR Manual by BeasTie
[December 05, 2012, 08:31:24 pm]

Having trouble testing changes by B.Kardi
[December 05, 2012, 03:05:53 pm]

DragonBall Absalon by msmalik681
[December 05, 2012, 02:52:13 pm]

[Hi-Res] Swamp by Vibrant
[December 05, 2012, 10:47:14 am]

• Dot Guests: 149
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

Author Topic: DEMO Streets of Rage: Silent Storm  (Read 3034 times)

Offline Crimefighters2

• Double Dragon Advance, kicks ***.
Re: DEMO Streets of Rage: Silent Storm
« Reply #15 on: March 18, 2012, 05:16:56 am »
The music is awesome, really great! The game plays well and all but no new player characters and the moves are very vanilla was hoping for a bit more moves, specials, grapples etc

Still nice work so far.
Play Crime Busters latest version, Nightslashers X, 8man and Return of Double Dragon.

Offline nedflandeurse

• A.K.A. NED
« Reply #16 on: March 18, 2012, 06:02:50 am »
Amaaaaaazing!! :)
Very good mod!
I love the music
The 3D models
The back grounds.

There is some things you can make better:
The select portraits with blurry aspect are kind of weird. (no need to blurry them)
Move lists can be better (new moves to add...)
Throw system can be better too (back throws would be different moves than front ones)

This is only my advice.
I think your mod will be something huge when you update it. :cheers!:

Offline JahGood5

« Reply #17 on: March 18, 2012, 05:53:31 pm »
IMO the portraits of the 'ragers' mtrain put the 3D characters face.

Offline cada1982

« Reply #18 on: March 18, 2012, 08:39:34 pm »
Whats up mtrain? Enjoying the PC game i sent you vía PM?

Hehehe! Thats why i love Shiva! And i always sense that in SOR2 and SOR3 is a robot; shiva running motion is like a Robot!

If you would like to enter the Real Good Shiva with average stats as a Secret char you rescue (Could have a Japanese name as Reíji or American as Johny Shirawa).
With a white kimono and black pants (as Shiva but top is white and the headband white as well with black gold belt)

Just suggestions!

Regarding your questions to us, i got to say:

Dialogue during battle is a little distracting! Could be better to add real voice, but is asking too much. If It remains, please block player moves during dialogue!

Boss moves Could be better; Cyclone seems a little Bit weird to me!

As for Control scheme, i am using A (attack), S (jump) and D (Special).

Also, as you mention Murphy, this police officer Could be a char too! Hehehe!

Hope you like SORRV5 i sent you and use some moves from there! Take care!  :)

PS: I didnt know that game got restrictions! So they couldnt be modified? Well, i hope to see brand new moves as new "behind grab" moves (got some theoric ideas)
« Last Edit: March 18, 2012, 09:28:07 pm by cada1982 »
"1,2,3 dodge dodge, jump and kick"

Offline ryomaneo

• packegedgeneration
« Reply #19 on: March 19, 2012, 04:35:26 am »
 :laughing:
Truly a work of genius i love everything about this mod it looks like graphics they would have on ps3 store for download the music is superb and stages could use a lil more designs but still very impressive no other the less.  As everyone else said it could also use new moves. That picture i gave you could add that for the loading screen if you wanted anyways good job and im to excited to see the next release keep up the magnif work  :cheers!:

Offline mtrain

• Ellunare | Art&Design | 2011
« Reply #20 on: March 19, 2012, 10:18:24 am »
As for the Boss slow motion, you should make it. Once the Boss is lying on the floor, about 3 secs. later Dialogues could start.
It was not possible with standart methods, so i make variant that you see. But i think i`ll remove all dialogues, and make cutscenes betwen levels, but it takes much more time to make all pictures for that.. :bored: Another ways to present story and plot i cant see for now.

ARGOROK :cheers!:

Increase in meat, and Apple complement hp
I don't think increasing meat would be a good idea : winning a new life every 25000 points, which happens regularly throughout the game, is better than meat IMHO.
Exactly. I forget to write about it. A set often life receiving instead of healing items. They can be added only by aesthetic feelings. But as for items i love idea released in SoRR with very often different bijouterie drop. I think i will continue this thing.

Thank you, RedRibbon  :cheers!:

Crimefighters2, thanks you)

a bit more moves, specials, grapples etc
The basis of game is done, that is important, so i think adding new moves will be not so hard. I will think what moves and how to add.

nedflandeurse ha ha great thanks to you :cheers!:

The select portraits with blurry aspect are kind of weird.
oh they are blury not because i blur them, but because they are upscaling from regular ingame portraits (icons) with next redrawing and smoothing. But i think that i cant make them better, so that is the final variant (as for now)

Move lists can be better
Again, i will work on it. But it will be better if You all guys can tell what do you want to see, it will be easier for me. What kind of new moves?

IMO the portraits of the 'ragers' mtrain put the 3D characters face.
no)) not 3D. read upper post ;)

Boss moves Could be better; Cyclone seems a little Bit weird to me!
Weird in what sense? Moving or appearance?

as for Control scheme, i am using A (attack), S (jump) and D (Special).
Oh i see. It is standart openbor control right? That was my fault because i play original sor on my gens emulator with that scheme that i make in mod, so mod takes it too)) (and it is double weird because my mass effect mod have default openbor scheme too)
But it will be better if someone else replies here about controls, what do you want to see.

Also, as you mention Murphy, this police officer Could be a char too! Hehehe!
I carry this idea in my head so time will show ;)

Well, i hope to see brand new moves as new "behind grab" moves
As i say reply here all your additions, it will be easier to me to make them.

cada1982, thank you for your detail reply) ;)

Great thanks to you, ryomaneo ha ha)) such comment inspires more (from the good side of course))

That picture i gave you could add that for the loading screen
Ouuuuu... :doh!: yes, i forget about it... I wanted to remake it with my characters. So i can use remaked version as cover or maybe elsewhere  ;)
Current projects:

My WORKS // http://ellunare.deviantart.com/

Offline Bloodbane

• Dark Dragon
« Reply #21 on: March 19, 2012, 11:25:15 pm »
 Nice demo! Love the 3D models!
 I have played it through end of demo and I get good idea why it's called Silent Storm :).

Still, I love the new slams you gave to heroes here :).

I have many suggestions, I'll start with generic ones:

- For high resolution mod, you need to double speed in all aspects especially falling and knockdown. Set dropv in all knockdown attack. Don't forget to set higher value for slam finisher too.
- For most slams, try delaying more on some frames such as holding enemy (to give charging impression) then in next frames, quicken the animation to give quick & powerful slam impression
- I know that this is not SoR style but you should consider using percentage based lifebar. It's really disheartening to beat bosses only to see another bar after depleting one bar

Heroes:
- Aren't you forgetting Attack+Jump attack?
- Axel's slam need timing fix. He should remain in slamming pose while leaping after slamming enemy and land with landing frame
- Skate should spin more in his running attack. He spins couple times in SoR2 while falling from running attack
- Skate's SPECIAL2 need fix, he should jump higher then dives. Script is the only solution AFAIK

Enemies:
- Blondie has 2 attacks actually, one is punch and the other is kick. The latter is rarely seen, if I'm not mistaken, he only kicks to counter running attack
- Donovan only uppercuts? In SoR2, he eithers uppercut directly or perform punches before finishing with uppercut. Speaking of which, his uppercut need to be changed. Donovan's fist should rise higher (like in SoR2) as if he's punching the sky ;)
- I think you need to resize attackbox for fallen motorcycles. Axel & Max always get hit after knocking biker :(
- I have to agree that Elektra is missing her shocking whip. Also instead of having long RISE animation, she could have fast RISE animation and the long version for RISEATTACK. This way she only delays her rise when there are players close not everytime

Bosses:
- That Jet boss is lame! His attacks are okay but the mechanics are terrible. One big flaw I noticed is that he instantly drops to ground from floating state if hit by punches. You are using offset trick to give floating effect right?
 About his entrance, I think it would be better if he flies behind window then enter battlefield instead of sliding on floor like this
 Anyways, if you need reference, you can look on Jetpac subboss from Crime Buster v2.5. Her AI is based on Jet from SoR2
- Cyclone is good but I believe his uppercut is followup so he should just charge straight without uppercut. If his charge attack connects, he follows it with uppercut. This is how Abadede does it in SoR2

BTW That seasick enemy is nice touch! :)

Other than those, it's nice to see various enemy remaps, gives different situations.

How do you find the idea of ingame dialogues? is it good or not? maybe remove it?

Both have pros and cons actually:

Ingame dialogues:
+: Great in responding to current situation
+: Great for hidden characters talking from mysterious place
-: May obstruct view and break concentration
-: Involved character might not be on screen

Cutscenes:
+: All involved characters can be shown
+: Don't obstruct view and don't break concentration
-: Don't respond situation
-: Not good for hidden characters since they are practically same with unhidden ones

So in game dialogues like this are best if story is presented piece by piece and full of surprises and there are less characters talking

From my judgement, you should use cutscenes instead, since this mod doesn't fit above description.

What about bosses? They movement?

See Jet and cyclone above. Jack is great! if his speed is higher, he would be even better ;)
 Aurum is just as lame as RobotY, and worse, it looks as if it's malfunctioned robot IMO (its head facing up and spins while moving).
 RobotY OTOH although it's spinning too, it knows when to attack and can stop spinning while attacking.

What about level design? Is it normal or they should be more diverse

Good overall! It's not like those mods with walk,wait,beat theme. To make it better, try playing numbers too. At some points, spawn same enemies from left and right for different feel. SoR series do this and it feels great!
 Oh yes, before Raven shows up for 1st time, don't spawn him until all previous enemies are cleared. then on Raven's turn, spawn at least 3 of them at once. This might surprise players ;)

What about obstacles? I dont add them.

You need these. Levels are plain because of their absence. If you can spawn them in specific formations, it will add to level design.

What about weapons? I dont add them.

Personally, I don't mind not having them but since it's SoR trademark, you have to add them.

What kind of new moves?

Maybe others have other ideas,as for me, I'm suggesting Piledriver or other jumping slam for Max.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2012, 12:48:43 am by Bloodbane »
OpenBoR Manual

Basic OpenBoR Tutorials

OpenBoR Tricks & Tutorials

"The more often enemies attack, the more open they are to counter attacks"

Offline mtrain

« Reply #22 on: March 20, 2012, 07:45:44 pm »
Thank you BB :cheers!: :cheers!: :cheers!:

Now replies on your reply :):

For high resolution mod, you need to double speed in all ...
Oh that was a problem for me from the start, the gravity... the jumps speed and many other aspects  :bored:. I am using dropv, but, ok, i will try to change it.

Don't forget to set higher value for slam finisher too.
Get it.

For most slams, try delaying
noticed that too.

It's really disheartening to beat bosses only to see another bar after depleting one bar
Maybe just make color changing for extra bar? I think it is possible (in lifebat.txt?)

ttack+Jump attack?
I remember them, but didnt know the was need or not? Because evasion reaching with special. Oh, and question: it is possible to make special take health only on enemy hitting like in SoR2?

Other attacks i`ll try to fix

Blondie has 2 attacks actually
Yeah, only today i get it by downloading his full sprite sheet, and there was his 1 kicking sprite.

Donovan only uppercuts? Donovan's fist should rise higher
He have 2 attacks, but maybe you get only uppercuts often. I still want to remake his and Galsias stances and shoes and so fix his upper punch.

Elektra
i`ll try all suggestions. i didnt know about RISEATTACK.

That Jet boss is lame! You are using offset trick to give floating effect right?
Yeah he is :blushing: It is hard to scripting for me so i tried to evade that moment, by some tricks.

Jetpac subboss from Crime Buster v2.5.
I tired her. Her movement is really good! but.... i cant even touch her, cant get her to punch, she kicks so fast and often, so i died..... 7 times... ;D But i think elements of her ai, i can use. I will PM you for some advice, when i get to work, ok?

Cyclone uppercut is followup
It is. But i did this followup to let him stop reaching the player, if he miss he will make some steps and make that punch even without target (i want to make it more like SoR1 beach warrior, less like abadede)

From my judgement, you should use cutscenes instead, since this mod doesn't fit above description.
Yeah i think this is better idea too. I will use cutscenes. It is sad that for that dialogues i spent 2 days!! to make them and set in levels  :blushing: :( :bored: ;D

Thank you again!
On other i`ll answer tomorrow. z z z Z Z
Current projects:

Offline Bloodbane

• Dark Dragon
« Reply #23 on: March 21, 2012, 11:28:21 pm »
 Well, if you don't want to dump your dialogues, you should add more surprises ;).
 There are some events which should be commented. The abandoned laboratory is closed as Adam mentioned so how come it's crowded with punks? someone should comment this. Something like this:

Blaze: So much for closed place!
Axel: There must be something here
Max: Great! can't wait to see it!
OpenBoR Manual

Basic OpenBoR Tutorials

Offline mtrain

« Reply #24 on: March 22, 2012, 08:37:11 am »
wrong place
« Last Edit: March 22, 2012, 11:12:06 am by mtrain »
Current projects:

Offline JahGood5

« Reply #25 on: March 22, 2012, 09:37:39 am »
Donovan looks just like the saga!
Keep up the good work man!  :)

Offline cada1982

« Reply #26 on: March 22, 2012, 09:38:39 am »
Looking good Donovan.  ;D

Some people say new enemies are needed...

Well, some are missing like those asian named or feline named ones (those which voices are so alike to Bruce Lee's).

New enemies could be other thugs design with leather jackets, or some acrobatic enemies jumping allround the screen, and so on...

It's gonna be a masterpiece!!!
"1,2,3 dodge dodge, jump and kick"

Offline Bloodbane

• Dark Dragon
« Reply #27 on: March 23, 2012, 10:54:30 pm »
Yeah he is :blushing: It is hard to scripting for me so i tried to evade that moment, by some tricks.

But i think elements of her ai, i can use. I will PM you for some advice, when i get to work, ok?

There's something I should mention about Jet. In SoR2, Jet is floating high above player's reach (Axel can kick him with his static jump kick though if he's standing right in front) making him hard to defeat. In SoR3, Jet is floating low allowing players to beat him easily. Don't be mistaken though, he's armed with more moves making him deadlier ;).

So before you decided to fix Jet's AI, you need to decide if Jet would be like SoR2's or SoR3's. My suggestion is go with latter since it's easier ;).
OpenBoR Manual

Basic OpenBoR Tutorials

Offline smokr79

« Reply #28 on: April 11, 2012, 07:51:50 pm »
Great Job Dude. I Played it to the end.  :)

Offline Segatron

« Reply #29 on: November 18, 2012, 08:43:00 am »
Cool
Awesome game I like it But I wandering If you get new voiceovers for the characters

Sorry for your necro Bump

0%

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal