Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

What openbor you prefer: Double dragon,battletoads or final fight !? by lirexpatrio
[December 07, 2012, 07:15:27 pm]

what are your favorite games OpenBOR?! by lirexpatrio
[December 07, 2012, 07:09:46 pm]

Post Some Awesome Videos by maxman
[December 07, 2012, 05:51:39 pm]

Can @cmd playmusic "aaaa" 1 also increse music sound ? by BeasTie
[December 07, 2012, 05:24:38 pm]

Streets of Rage: Silent Storm by mtrain
[December 07, 2012, 03:45:05 pm]

Site will be down for maintenance on 12/8/2012 thru 12/10/2012 by Damon Caskey
[December 07, 2012, 07:42:42 am]

Cancelled SOR 3d Remake by riccochet
[December 07, 2012, 03:58:33 am]

Dungeon Fighter: B.O.R. by msmalik681
[December 07, 2012, 03:24:27 am]

[TUTORIAL] How to create 4 Games of OpenBOR in 1 CD (650 MB) by magggas
[December 06, 2012, 09:46:25 pm]

custknife by Bloodbane
[December 06, 2012, 09:34:09 pm]

blockfx help by B.Kardi
[December 06, 2012, 04:09:14 pm]

street of age 4 hd by corradlo
[December 06, 2012, 01:41:36 pm]

ClaFan - Classic Fantasy ver 1.17 by soniczxblade
[December 06, 2012, 05:01:20 am]

Bug Archive by Bloodbane
[December 06, 2012, 02:00:44 am]

"Bio-Doom" and "Gears of Doom" by BulletBob
[December 05, 2012, 10:07:21 pm]

Contra Locked 'N' Loaded v2 by Bloodbane
[December 05, 2012, 09:39:43 pm]

Downloadable OpenBoR Manual by BeasTie
[December 05, 2012, 08:31:24 pm]

Having trouble testing changes by B.Kardi
[December 05, 2012, 03:05:53 pm]

DragonBall Absalon by msmalik681
[December 05, 2012, 02:52:13 pm]

[Hi-Res] Swamp by Vibrant
[December 05, 2012, 10:47:14 am]

• Dot Guests: 167
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

Poll

Should characters have unique stats? Example: Fighter has 170 HP/0 MP, Black Mage has 80 HP/230 MP. Currently, all characters have 100 HP/MP.

Yes, it will balance the game and create special roles for each character!
10 (76.9%)
No, it will only increase the gap in character balance, and make some characters useless!
3 (23.1%)

Total Members Voted: 13

Author Topic: ClaFan - Classic Fantasy ver 1.17  (Read 6203 times)

Offline NickyP

• You know, that guy with the pet drum?
    • Personal OpenBOR site.
Re: ClaFan - Classic Fantasy ver 1.17
« Reply #45 on: August 13, 2012, 10:07:09 am »
Nicky,  is the game a demo to a complete game? And I win all the points but do not see an end stage  :(

In my head, it's sort of like an offline MMO. It's neither complete nor a demo, it's just there, and updates periodically. I posted it in the Demo section here on accident... :blushing: Because on my website, you'll see that I put it in the Completed section. Oh well.

There's no "final stage" yet, nor is there anything to unlock. Everything that's there is on the world map. There's also no "Stage Complete" screen because it's supposed to be endless.

Offline agu

« Reply #46 on: August 13, 2012, 10:17:34 am »
Ok, thank you very much for clarifying my doubt, and the truth is a cool game;)
My main projects:

The Fearless Warriors  Edited Version 2012 (In Progress)

Offline Bloodbane

• Dark Dragon
« Reply #47 on: August 16, 2012, 12:23:50 am »
 I've played the demo and it's fun!

The underwater level is something new. I noticed you altered gravity there. I'd suggest you make some of the decoration fishes swim higher.
 I'm suprised to see the subboss. I should've realized the clue by noticing the oysters from Pokemon.
 Though I'm a bit disappointed with boss. I thought it would be another Pokemon. Oh well :).

The ship level is good idea but I really really dislike the enormous length. It's tooo long. I believe you need to treat ship level like raft level, in which enemies come by waves ... em... not literally I mean.
 Speaking of raft level, you can add some effects like big water splashes spawned on water. This gives clue that monsters are jumping out of water ;). If combined with how you spawn enemies in this level, it would look great!
 Oh the boss in raft level is great! that's a nice and simple way to give challenge without spamming enemies.

I've tried summoner at 1st and I have to admit, magicians or its kin just aren't suited for me :P. Anyways, summoned creatures are great. I think it would be greater if they attack while spawning.

I agree that Hero is too powerful. His alternate attack is easy to spam in regular fights. Hmmm... I ought to try defeating river boss as someoneelse (It's easy with him).

Black Mage is powerful. I just realized that his freeze spell is easy to spam. Great for dealing with mob of enemies. Makes me wonder about Red Mage.
OpenBoR Manual

Basic OpenBoR Tutorials

OpenBoR Tricks & Tutorials

"The more often enemies attack, the more open they are to counter attacks"

Offline Die_In_Fire

• Where eagles dare!
« Reply #48 on: August 16, 2012, 04:30:22 am »
I like it!! It's an interesting challenge, and also fun to play!!

My fave is the Black Mage, a proper use finish waves of enemies at once!!

How did you do the boss of the raft level?? I mean the boss is on the water and don't come to the raft, and characters cant go to water, yet they can damage him!! It's a pretty cool idea!!! Maybe I can use that trick!!

The hardest boss for me was the one on the fairy stage!!!!

Offline NickyP

• Personal OpenBOR site.
« Reply #49 on: August 16, 2012, 09:51:48 pm »
I've played the demo and it's fun!
I like it!! It's an interesting challenge, and also fun to play!!
;D.

The underwater level is something new. I noticed you altered gravity there. I'd suggest you make some of the decoration fishes swim higher.
 I'm suprised to see the subboss. I should've realized the clue by noticing the oysters from Pokemon.
 Though I'm a bit disappointed with boss. I thought it would be another Pokemon. Oh well :).
I wanted to use Octillery for the boss of the underwater stage, but the sprites were so limited. I didn't want to reuse the idea I had for the Kingler boss (runs around shooting), so I just used the octopus enemy from Tales of Eternia.

The ship level is good idea but I really really dislike the enormous length. It's tooo long. I believe you need to treat ship level like raft level, in which enemies come by waves ... em... not literally I mean.
Didn't you at least like the subboss in the ship level? I designed it especially for you, Bloodbane! :laughing: I know how much you appreciate a boss with a decent challenge/AI, so I was hoping to see your reaction to that! Ah well, I guess it was just too easy for you.

Oh the boss in raft level is great! that's a nice and simple way to give challenge without spamming enemies.
How did you do the boss of the raft level?? I mean the boss is on the water and don't come to the raft, and characters cant go to water, yet they can damage him!! It's a pretty cool idea!!! Maybe I can use that trick!!
:) It's actually a simple trick, let me explain.

First off, the raft level itself is no different from any other level. The only difference is, there's a wall on both sides of the raft. This gives the impression that the player is trapped on the raft, with bg moving using bgspeed. In the boss stage, there's only one wall... between the player, and the boss. The wall in the boss stage is just the right width to seperate the player and boss, but still enable the player to successfully land a hit or two when the boss is near. Pretty neat, right?

I've tried summoner at 1st and I have to admit, magicians or its kin just aren't suited for me :P. Anyways, summoned creatures are great. I think it would be greater if they attack while spawning.

I agree that Hero is too powerful. His alternate attack is easy to spam in regular fights. Hmmm... I ought to try defeating river boss as someoneelse (It's easy with him).

Black Mage is powerful. I just realized that his freeze spell is easy to spam. Great for dealing with mob of enemies. Makes me wonder about Red Mage.
My fave is the Black Mage, a proper use finish waves of enemies at once!!
I love how neither of you mentioned using the White Mage, and that's kind of good. Because if you did, you would see just how pointless she makes the game. Cast the barrier, run into enemies, and heal when things get dangerous... :laughing: Yeah, White Mage is more broken than Hero. I should probably fix her, but I kind of don't want to. No one wants to be the White Mage, so for those that do, her broken-ness is a nice surprise!

Offline DJGameFreakTheIguana

• Credit to Vyck_St.Judas, Edited by me.
« Reply #50 on: August 17, 2012, 02:20:18 am »
Still haven't played yet, so I just downloaded it. I'll try it once I get some of these Valis sprites on some sheets before I clean the Background off with something, and eat some chicken.

X)

Offline Bloodbane

• Dark Dragon
« Reply #51 on: August 18, 2012, 01:57:14 am »
Didn't you at least like the subboss in the ship level? I designed it especially for you, Bloodbane! :laughing: I know how much you appreciate a boss with a decent challenge/AI, so I was hoping to see your reaction to that! Ah well, I guess it was just too easy for you.

Oh didn't notice that! Hmmm... I remember that guy but for some reason his AI is shadowed by aquatic bosses here. Let me fight him again.

I wanted to use Octillery for the boss of the underwater stage, but the sprites were so limited. I didn't want to reuse the idea I had for the Kingler boss (runs around shooting), so I just used the octopus enemy from Tales of Eternia.

Well, you could make Octillery as static boss which mostly shoots.
 Wait, should it be Kingdra?

No one wants to be the White Mage, so for those that do, her broken-ness is a nice surprise!

Now, that makes me curious :).

(some hours later)

Ah yes, I fought that subboss and that guy is really tough. Great job Nick!
 I remembered why I ignored this guy before. I was playing as summoner and that guy beat my harpy instead. Moreover, I was going to change character that time so I allowed him to beat summoners to death.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2012, 10:45:14 am by Bloodbane »
OpenBoR Manual

Basic OpenBoR Tutorials

Offline dafirus

• LOTDD from Mr.Q :Probably the best mod of D.D.!
« Reply #52 on: August 27, 2012, 12:50:17 pm »
Any news?  :nervous:
D.Dragon mod: LOTDD from Mr.Q - Probably the best of the best Double Dragon mod ever!

Offline NickyP

• Personal OpenBOR site.
« Reply #53 on: August 27, 2012, 02:01:31 pm »
Quote from: Bloodbane
Wait, should it be Kingdra?
Yes, you're right. My mistake!

Quote from: Bloodbane
Ah yes, I fought that subboss and that guy is really tough. Great job Nick!
Great, I'm glad he was hard! :laughing: Kind of a funny thing to say...

Any news?  :nervous:
Unfortunately, no.  :( Law school is very hard and even more time consuming. Believe me when I say that I really want to sit down and make more stages for ClaFan (and other BOR stuff), but I just don't see it happening. When I get a chance I will work on it, but I can't promise when that will happen.

Offline NickyP

• Personal OpenBOR site.
« Reply #54 on: November 12, 2012, 11:04:33 am »

;) Guess who is working on ClaFan again?

Offline zankurous

« Reply #55 on: November 14, 2012, 03:48:07 am »
Nice to see even more progress from this charming mod! The Valkyrie looks pretty good, and the two-handed atribute sounds promising for some punishing combos! :)

Offline soniczxblade

• "got it memorized?""ware wa messiah nari"!
« Reply #56 on: November 14, 2012, 10:48:40 am »
hi, this is my fave mod, I lol to death when I beat the boss that you can not reach, you just on the what is it called... pile of woods;D, when I use the strongest character, the last one, I did the chain attack rapidly, buwackaroonie, I beat it bfore my freind does
sorry on the wrong spelling, my android has a bad mood to text tiday
Favorite games
Spoiler
ClaFan 1.17 - NickyP
SBMM - DjGameFreakTheIguana
kingdom hearts demo -NickyP
Cosmic damage - DjGameFreakTheIguana
Valdivia city ransom - Die_in_Fire and maxman
None openbor games
sonic vs LF2 - SonicBleachFan
Panzer bandit ps1 - banpresto

Offline shulbocka

« Reply #57 on: November 14, 2012, 07:22:41 pm »
Hell yeah! This is still one of my favorite mods of all time. The idea is just awesome and a lot of fun, it would've been a real shame to see you turn away from it and let it go to waste. Keep up the good work man and I'll definitely be keeping my eyes peeled on this baby.

Offline NickyP

• Personal OpenBOR site.
« Reply #58 on: November 15, 2012, 06:54:36 pm »

This makes the character count what--19, now? I think I might just be breaking a new BOR record with this mod...

Oh, don't you worry. I'm making new stages too. But those screens will come at a later time.  ;)  Can't spoil all the fun!

Hell yeah! This is still one of my favorite mods of all time. The idea is just awesome and a lot of fun, it would've been a real shame to see you turn away from it and let it go to waste. Keep up the good work man and I'll definitely be keeping my eyes peeled on this baby.
hi, this is my fave mod
Nice to see even more progress from this charming mod!

Comments like these are what give me some of the best motivation. Thank you guys! I promise I won't disappoint; after all, ClaFan is probably single best work period.  :)

Offline Bloodbane

• Dark Dragon
« Reply #59 on: November 15, 2012, 11:13:56 pm »
 I thought DJGameFreaktheiguana mod has way more chars than your mod :)

Anyways, do these new chars have significant difference with the others?

I keep thinking of attempting healer NPC with this mod like Mint or Milly (if you know who I meant ;) ) but kept forgetting. I'll do it after this :)
OpenBoR Manual

Basic OpenBoR Tutorials

0%

mighty
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal