Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

What openbor you prefer: Double dragon,battletoads or final fight !? by lirexpatrio
[December 07, 2012, 07:15:27 pm]

what are your favorite games OpenBOR?! by lirexpatrio
[December 07, 2012, 07:09:46 pm]

Post Some Awesome Videos by maxman
[December 07, 2012, 05:51:39 pm]

Can @cmd playmusic "aaaa" 1 also increse music sound ? by BeasTie
[December 07, 2012, 05:24:38 pm]

Streets of Rage: Silent Storm by mtrain
[December 07, 2012, 03:45:05 pm]

Site will be down for maintenance on 12/8/2012 thru 12/10/2012 by Damon Caskey
[December 07, 2012, 07:42:42 am]

Cancelled SOR 3d Remake by riccochet
[December 07, 2012, 03:58:33 am]

Dungeon Fighter: B.O.R. by msmalik681
[December 07, 2012, 03:24:27 am]

[TUTORIAL] How to create 4 Games of OpenBOR in 1 CD (650 MB) by magggas
[December 06, 2012, 09:46:25 pm]

custknife by Bloodbane
[December 06, 2012, 09:34:09 pm]

blockfx help by B.Kardi
[December 06, 2012, 04:09:14 pm]

street of age 4 hd by corradlo
[December 06, 2012, 01:41:36 pm]

ClaFan - Classic Fantasy ver 1.17 by soniczxblade
[December 06, 2012, 05:01:20 am]

Bug Archive by Bloodbane
[December 06, 2012, 02:00:44 am]

"Bio-Doom" and "Gears of Doom" by BulletBob
[December 05, 2012, 10:07:21 pm]

Contra Locked 'N' Loaded v2 by Bloodbane
[December 05, 2012, 09:39:43 pm]

Downloadable OpenBoR Manual by BeasTie
[December 05, 2012, 08:31:24 pm]

Having trouble testing changes by B.Kardi
[December 05, 2012, 03:05:53 pm]

DragonBall Absalon by msmalik681
[December 05, 2012, 02:52:13 pm]

[Hi-Res] Swamp by Vibrant
[December 05, 2012, 10:47:14 am]

• Dot Guests: 149
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

Author Topic: BoR & OpenBoR Tricks  (Read 18056 times)

Offline Damon Caskey

• The Gorge
Re: BoR & OpenBoR Tricks
« Reply #30 on: March 23, 2007, 03:42:11 pm »
Guys, what the heck... I can't tell who is being sarcastic or not...

First of all, splashes are not a particularly difficult or impressive trick. Being doing the same thing for the roostertail effect with my jetski for months, using a not quite, but nearly identical method. We discussed this in a chat room, its not hard at all to figure out or do.

Second, imagination is kind of an obvious statement. DUH! We all know that it takes imagination do build a mod, but I don't think tails meant his statement in a bad way, so no reason to hassle him about it.

Lastly, bonusjz and Kingherb; you guys both need to cool it. We are all on the same side. I think it's a bit childish (not to mention useless) to not reveal how you are doing something, but its also childish to get mad about it.

Come on, it's a community. We aren't out to run each other into the ground here...

DC

OpenBOR Wiki.

Coming Soon:
Spoiler
Fatal Fury Chronicals

Offline SX

• Administrator
    • LavaLit
« Reply #31 on: March 23, 2007, 03:44:51 pm »
Backwards compatibility is not important if we introduce 16 Bit-Color support, stereo sound and a scripting language.  We've decided that going forward from OpenBoR 3.0 that it will not support old mods....  But old OpenBoR < 3.0 will still receive bug fixes for a limited time.....

Trust me there is allot of junk in the engine at the moment and we are doing are best to clean it up.  While alot of the code will remain...  I would not expect 1 mod to run..... in OpenBoR 3.0 first off as it would not support the gif format.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2007, 03:48:03 pm by SumolX »

Tails

« Reply #32 on: March 23, 2007, 03:45:41 pm »
Thanks for sharing Tails, i will add the feature now 

Good that I show it in first place in my trailer;)

Thank's for being this creative.

Yeah real good, thanks so much for your trailer dude! but would we have this feature without Tails i seriously doubt it   ;)

no problem friend

i repair the file, so in this link.

http://lavalit.com:8080/forum/index.php?topic=26.45
« Last Edit: March 23, 2007, 03:54:39 pm by Tails »

Offline Damon Caskey

• The Gorge
« Reply #33 on: March 23, 2007, 03:46:25 pm »
No reason for new or old modders to bang their heads against the wall when there is a new and better way to get the same effect.

Only the problem is that to the time when they be added things like this there can be new command and they must once again redesign lots of things - that cost/wastes loots of time plus check all of them :P

Backward compability is very imphotant

Two sides to this. backward compatability is nice, but sooner or later you must move on.

Should we remove the old projectile commands? No. But since we now have a better way, people should be told about it. I didn't want to go back and rework my stuff, but I know it will be benificial in the end.

Whether or not you choose to refit your current tricks in D&D is personal and nothing more. But when starting a new module, sticking with the old methods would be beyond silly. That is what I'm trying to get at.

DC
OpenBOR Wiki.

Coming Soon:
Spoiler
Fatal Fury Chronicals

Offline BonusJZ

• Banned
    • YouTube Chanel
« Reply #34 on: March 23, 2007, 03:46:54 pm »
yeah real good thanks so much for your trailer dude but would we have this feature without tails i seriously doubt it  Wink

To tell the true this effect is older than  plyshootno
Its veeeeeeeeeeeeery old  ;)

OK boys - here what i do it :

I use both knife and bomb to have every time that Argail foot touch the ground there is water splash
Now little time time/delay corections and you have this nice effect (i use same technik to make dust from foot when Argail run on hard/dusty surface)

But Tails - thanks for combo feature ;)

« Last Edit: March 23, 2007, 03:49:49 pm by BonusJZ »

Offline Fightn Words

• Confectionary Country of the Nin-Nin
« Reply #35 on: March 23, 2007, 03:47:56 pm »
Backwards compatibility is not important if we introduce 16 Bit-Color support, stereo sound and a scripting language.
Seriously?Awesome! Ill forego some stability for those features!

Offline Damon Caskey

• The Gorge
« Reply #36 on: March 23, 2007, 03:50:31 pm »
Backwards compatibility is not important if we introduce 16 Bit-Color support, stereo sound and a scripting language.  We've decided that going forward from OpenBoR 3.0 that it will not support old mods....  But old OpenBoR < 3.0 will still receive bug fixes for a limited time.....

Trust me there is allot of junk in the engine at the moment and we are doing are best to clean it up.  While alot of the code will remain...  I would not expect 1 mod to run..... in OpenBoR 3.0 first off as it would not support the gif format.

So you decided to move forward with it? Awesome. As I mentioned before I'll be more then happy to help with the scripting aspect in any way I can.

DC
OpenBOR Wiki.

Coming Soon:
Spoiler
Fatal Fury Chronicals

Offline SX

• Administrator
    • LavaLit
« Reply #37 on: March 23, 2007, 03:55:48 pm »
I believe the next release will be the last one I will be involved directly in as far as OpenBoR < 3.0  I need to start spending time with OpenBoR 3.0 and get the new skeleton up and running.

Offline SX

• Administrator
    • LavaLit
« Reply #38 on: March 23, 2007, 04:06:08 pm »
All I can say is well done to Tails and Bonus!  Both of you have done exactly the same thing using two different methods!  Got to love OpenBoR!  But as far as memory utilization is concerned....  I think Tails would use less memory as he would only be using 2 models.... his default and weapon model.  Unlike Bonus which uses default + bombs + knifes.  Seems like allot.....

What do you guys think?  Lets get technical... thats what its about in this thread!!!

Offline utunnels

• Developer
« Reply #39 on: March 23, 2007, 04:25:05 pm »
So you decided to move forward with it? Awesome. As I mentioned before I'll be more then happy to help with the scripting aspect in any way I can.
Bad that script runs a bit slow on other platforms.
But if on a PC, nothing is slowed down.
Yeah, thanksful it is not a script based engine, so script might not be updated like 200fps or so(have to test in a strict situation, though).

Offline Damon Caskey

• The Gorge
« Reply #40 on: March 23, 2007, 04:29:27 pm »
I'll add a third wrinkle. My method also used setweapon, but  I preferred bombs over shots. The splash was the bomb's impact. With this being done inside a looping idle animation, it gave me a rooster tail spray effect behind my jetski. My assumption was that unlike shots, bombs disappear after playing their impact (attack1), without having to actually hit anything and so they were defiantly gone and out of memory.

It doesn't matter anyway. I scrapped it a couple of weeks ago and replaced it with a 1 second lifespan spawn doing the same thing.

DC
« Last Edit: March 23, 2007, 04:31:29 pm by Damon_Caskey »
OpenBOR Wiki.

Coming Soon:
Spoiler
Fatal Fury Chronicals

Offline baritonomarchetto77

« Reply #41 on: March 24, 2007, 09:05:06 am »

The lack of time i am experiencing is not very compatible with the loss of compatibility... it is also true that without SamX OpenBOR would be wery different from what it is now... i am egotistically suffering  :'(

uTunnels, please, can you at least implement the brilliant AI you was planning?
« Last Edit: March 24, 2007, 09:07:22 am by baritonomarchetto77 »

Offline utunnels

• Developer
« Reply #42 on: March 24, 2007, 09:30:05 am »
Well, there is still a long way to go.
So we have to work on the old engine now.

Offline baritonomarchetto77

« Reply #43 on: March 24, 2007, 09:43:11 am »
... but SamX spoke about limited time bug fixing...  :teary_eyed:

(i know, i know... i am OT  :nervous: :teary_eyed:)
« Last Edit: March 24, 2007, 09:47:09 am by baritonomarchetto77 »

Tails

« Reply #44 on: March 26, 2007, 07:14:18 am »
Well today i talk about another trick, is the one i use on Beat of Fighting mod,the night effect of stage 4-2, How to do it,the easy way is getting a screen layer (a new gif image) of 244 of tall whith a unique color (example blue,red,white,black) as a none object whith alpha,that stay at 240 when spawn to be forward all other objects,so whith this you can do a night place,a hotplace whith flames,or a extra light stage,or to do shadows on a street.so i hope this help to all people.

0%

mighty
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal