Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

What openbor you prefer: Double dragon,battletoads or final fight !? by lirexpatrio
[December 07, 2012, 07:15:27 pm]

what are your favorite games OpenBOR?! by lirexpatrio
[December 07, 2012, 07:09:46 pm]

Post Some Awesome Videos by maxman
[December 07, 2012, 05:51:39 pm]

Can @cmd playmusic "aaaa" 1 also increse music sound ? by BeasTie
[December 07, 2012, 05:24:38 pm]

Streets of Rage: Silent Storm by mtrain
[December 07, 2012, 03:45:05 pm]

Site will be down for maintenance on 12/8/2012 thru 12/10/2012 by Damon Caskey
[December 07, 2012, 07:42:42 am]

Cancelled SOR 3d Remake by riccochet
[December 07, 2012, 03:58:33 am]

Dungeon Fighter: B.O.R. by msmalik681
[December 07, 2012, 03:24:27 am]

[TUTORIAL] How to create 4 Games of OpenBOR in 1 CD (650 MB) by magggas
[December 06, 2012, 09:46:25 pm]

custknife by Bloodbane
[December 06, 2012, 09:34:09 pm]

blockfx help by B.Kardi
[December 06, 2012, 04:09:14 pm]

street of age 4 hd by corradlo
[December 06, 2012, 01:41:36 pm]

ClaFan - Classic Fantasy ver 1.17 by soniczxblade
[December 06, 2012, 05:01:20 am]

Bug Archive by Bloodbane
[December 06, 2012, 02:00:44 am]

"Bio-Doom" and "Gears of Doom" by BulletBob
[December 05, 2012, 10:07:21 pm]

Contra Locked 'N' Loaded v2 by Bloodbane
[December 05, 2012, 09:39:43 pm]

Downloadable OpenBoR Manual by BeasTie
[December 05, 2012, 08:31:24 pm]

Having trouble testing changes by B.Kardi
[December 05, 2012, 03:05:53 pm]

DragonBall Absalon by msmalik681
[December 05, 2012, 02:52:13 pm]

[Hi-Res] Swamp by Vibrant
[December 05, 2012, 10:47:14 am]

• Dot Guests: 17
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

Author Topic: Knights & Dragons: The Endless Quest  (Read 15057 times)

Offline rafhot

• Raf Smash!
    • my creations
Re: Knights & Dragons: The Endless Quest - complete
« Reply #45 on: May 25, 2012, 10:14:46 am »
    After reloading a saved game, the green quests I completed show up again is this normal?

no it isn't. are you sure are really the same ones? there are a lot of green quests, maybe you've confused a quest with another?

it happens to me too,

i had beated all the green quests and some yellow ones in a direct shot... then.. i quit to main tittle and loaded to continue and it worked fine....

then i quit the openbor.exe  to continue another day and when i load it back  the yellow quests got locked again and all the green ones re-appeared   i continue with my score and lives but the quests got back to green

Offline flemw1234

« Reply #46 on: May 25, 2012, 10:27:28 am »
    After reloading a saved game, the green quests I completed show up again is this normal?

no it isn't. are you sure are really the same ones? there are a lot of green quests, maybe you've confused a quest with another?

it happens to me too,

i had beated all the green quests and some yellow ones in a direct shot... then.. i quit to main tittle and loaded to continue and it worked fine....

then i quit the openbor.exe  to continue another day and when i load it back  the yellow quests got locked again and all the green ones re-appeared   i continue with my score and lives but the quests got back to green

Yep...I have the latest version of OpenBOR also..  :eek:

Unless there's a difference between 3704, and 3703...

Edit:
How rude of me....It's an awesome mod other then that..

I also love the Final Fight Gold CE mod....I'm adding some of the enemies as Players currently, although for the life of me I can't figure out how to add additional palettes properly, I added in the Alter.gifs, added the idle.gifss to the primary sheet, and added them to the char.txt file with the remap command...still won't work..other then that one other thing I noticed was Poison and Roxy's names were backwards (doesn't poison have pink hair?), tried changing it and the game wouldn't load past the first area and so changed it back, I'm not much of a editor...
« Last Edit: May 25, 2012, 11:01:40 am by flemw1234 »

Offline MatMan

« Reply #47 on: May 25, 2012, 11:16:20 am »
Green quests also came back with me this is what I did (if it helps).

I played all green quests then went and took a look at the next 3 playable characters towers point but still kept to the archer (from beginning to end). Then exited the game renamed the pack file and the save games and restarted, then all the greens where back although I must add before then I landed doing a re-load before exiting and the greens where finished.

Carried on playing and when I did mixed quests then the system saved and loaded fine.

By the way, :applauding: way freaking AWESOME game  :applauding:. Has a very D&D feel to it and just the right kind of hard asswell.

Offline flemw1234

« Reply #48 on: May 25, 2012, 11:35:42 am »
Well I don't really have time to play all the green quests in one sitting...but thanks..

Offline Pierwolf

• Pierwolf's Magic chamber of abstract theories about relativity of Karma and metempsychosis
« Reply #49 on: May 25, 2012, 12:17:12 pm »
matman, have you downloaded it? i'm trying to upload it to mediafire but it keeps me giving error 502  :(
My current project:

Knights & Dragons: The Endless Quest - COMPLETE!

Offline MatMan

« Reply #50 on: May 25, 2012, 12:54:48 pm »
Got it last night, brother downloaded it for me from work and I finished it today, although I did miss 3-4 red stages. Didn't release taking the ancient dragon(by chance) would finish the game but mate. Bloody well done. I love the way you changed alot of the familiar backgrounds by turning them into night/day and all sorts of other cool things.

The gameplay is much improved and feels alot ......epic like, not sure what to call it but you got it on this one.

The music was great aswell. its a nice and dangerous thing to depart from the original soundtracks. DJ did the rocking on this game.

The ai is really great, there was almost no edge of screen battles. The stage design fit the world map, the enemy placement was not repetitive although I wish there was a step on that damn scorpion button  :P

I only played the elf so far but I will be trying the other characters soon. I was wondering if all the playable's are balanced or is the advanced playable's tougher?

Funny thing , I am/was in the process of creating a free roam world in chapter 9 of mixmasters and it would of also interact with npc by hitting them  ;D

edit...
That you can skip the intro screens with the scrolling text......sheeeeer genius dude.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2012, 03:55:40 am by MatMan »

Offline erf_beto

« Reply #51 on: May 25, 2012, 02:00:47 pm »
yes, we need a scorpion smashing button!   ;)

Offline Pierwolf

• Pierwolf's Magic chamber of abstract theories about relativity of Karma and metempsychosis
« Reply #52 on: May 25, 2012, 06:20:41 pm »
game is updated!

Fixed music and sfx (thanks to BeasTie for this!) now the file is much more smaller to download (160 MB)

Added a LEVEL UP system; for now it is sort of "fake", when you level up you only gain max health and mp, but i hope to add a permaent augment in the attribute in the future.

new download link in the first page.

enjoy!  :cheers!:
My current project:

Offline rafhot

• Raf Smash!
    • my creations
« Reply #53 on: May 25, 2012, 07:18:35 pm »
uhull  i am a rogue lvl 9  :P

Offline flemw1234

« Reply #54 on: May 25, 2012, 09:07:20 pm »
Awesome can't wait for the full fledged level up..

Just a couple of things I noticed....

1.) The levels still reset when you quit out of OpenBor, now call me silly but other then the level, and points of the character that sort of defeats the purpose of a save feature right?

2.) The characters health goes down a bit when entering a stage even after going to the tavern and filling it.

3.) What's the point with the 1 next to the name of the class/character before it was a life counter, is it still that?

4.) Doesn't filling up the life (and I know it's temporary) kind of defeat the purpose of the taverns in between levels some? Why not adjust the max hp a bit after each level up?

5.) How do edit preexisting palettes for the characters using Photoshop, I'd like to change some of them? I only know how to do the main one, but the alters don't work for me..

6.) I know this is asking for a lot but is there any plans of implementing different weapons and shields like the original KOD? it was cool seeing the characters get different weapons akin to Knights of the Round, if that's not possible how about a few weapons you can buy in stores exclusive to each class type..Just a thought it's still impressive as is..

Love the mod btw...  :cheers!:

Offline erifpiR

• Welcome to Dark Technology
« Reply #55 on: May 25, 2012, 11:45:11 pm »
game is updated!

Fixed music and sfx (thanks to BeasTie for this!) now the file is much more smaller to download (160 MB)

Added a LEVEL UP system; for now it is sort of "fake", when you level up you only gain max health and mp, but i hope to add a permaent augment in the attribute in the future.

This Version 1.1? or old version 1.0?

Offline MatMan

« Reply #56 on: May 26, 2012, 04:04:41 am »
game is updated!
You should (once you've done all your updates) release the HD music pack cause I don't have good speakers but I have seriously kick azz headphones and going from 500bitrate down to 128 (I guess thats the setting you use now) is a huge difference in quality.

Once I get the updated version downloaded I'll take a look at the level up system (if its still not working properly).

How about uploading just the text files?

I've been thinking of creating a update package system for stats so it lands up being like the various game updates that I do.

Offline Pierwolf

« Reply #57 on: May 27, 2012, 12:51:42 pm »
Got it last night, brother downloaded it for me from work and I finished it today, although I did miss 3-4 red stages. Didn't release taking the ancient dragon(by chance) would finish the game but mate. Bloody well done. I love the way you changed alot of the familiar backgrounds by turning them into night/day and all sorts of other cool things.

The gameplay is much improved and feels alot ......epic like, not sure what to call it but you got it on this one.

The music was great aswell. its a nice and dangerous thing to depart from the original soundtracks. DJ did the rocking on this game.

The ai is really great, there was almost no edge of screen battles. The stage design fit the world map, the enemy placement was not repetitive although I wish there was a step on that damn scorpion button  :P

I only played the elf so far but I will be trying the other characters soon. I was wondering if all the playable's are balanced or is the advanced playable's tougher?

Funny thing , I am/was in the process of creating a free roam world in chapter 9 of mixmasters and it would of also interact with npc by hitting them  ;D

edit...
That you can skip the intro screens with the scrolling text......sheeeeer genius dude.

what you mean by scorpion button?  :eek:

all chars should be balanced except the last 2, morded and knight, who are respectively the strongest and the weakest.
 :cheers!:

Awesome can't wait for the full fledged level up..

Just a couple of things I noticed....

1.) The levels still reset when you quit out of OpenBor, now call me silly but other then the level, and points of the character that sort of defeats the purpose of a save feature right?

2.) The characters health goes down a bit when entering a stage even after going to the tavern and filling it.

3.) What's the point with the 1 next to the name of the class/character before it was a life counter, is it still that?

4.) Doesn't filling up the life (and I know it's temporary) kind of defeat the purpose of the taverns in between levels some? Why not adjust the max hp a bit after each level up?

5.) How do edit preexisting palettes for the characters using Photoshop, I'd like to change some of them? I only know how to do the main one, but the alters don't work for me..

6.) I know this is asking for a lot but is there any plans of implementing different weapons and shields like the original KOD? it was cool seeing the characters get different weapons akin to Knights of the Round, if that's not possible how about a few weapons you can buy in stores exclusive to each class type..Just a thought it's still impressive as is..

Love the mod btw...  :cheers!:

1) are you sure? it doesn't for me  :-[

2) yea i noticed this too. it should be 'cause not all the chars have the same amount of health.

3) those are the lives.

4) not so much, 'cause lets say you finish a quest with a very little of health remained, you can go in a tavern to refill it before the next quest, and don't forget that you can change your character only in there.

5)i suggest you to go HERE, you should find all the informations you need.

6)maybe in my next mod i will think about this  ;)

thanks for your test, flemw1234!  :cheers!:

You should (once you've done all your updates) release the HD music pack cause I don't have good speakers but I have seriously kick azz headphones and going from 500bitrate down to 128 (I guess thats the setting you use now) is a huge difference in quality.

Once I get the updated version downloaded I'll take a look at the level up system (if its still not working properly).

How about uploading just the text files?

I've been thinking of creating a update package system for stats so it lands up being like the various game updates that I do.

thanks MatMan, for now i will test the fixes made by volcanic in the apposite topic, i will post an updated version of the mod after having tested it!
thank you so much for your help!

what you mean for uploading just the text files?
« Last Edit: May 27, 2012, 12:53:37 pm by Pierwolf »
My current project:

Offline darknior

« Reply #58 on: May 27, 2012, 02:35:11 pm »
Thanks a lot :D
I will try it on my xBox and come back make my feedback ;)

Offline flemw1234

« Reply #59 on: May 27, 2012, 03:54:25 pm »
Thanks for the reply...

"1) are you sure? it doesn't for me  :-["

Positive, it happens after you exit right out of OpenBOR then go back in, I've done the graveyard level at least 4 times...? Unless the intention is to do this

0%

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal