Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

What openbor you prefer: Double dragon,battletoads or final fight !? by lirexpatrio
[December 07, 2012, 07:15:27 pm]

what are your favorite games OpenBOR?! by lirexpatrio
[December 07, 2012, 07:09:46 pm]

Post Some Awesome Videos by maxman
[December 07, 2012, 05:51:39 pm]

Can @cmd playmusic "aaaa" 1 also increse music sound ? by BeasTie
[December 07, 2012, 05:24:38 pm]

Streets of Rage: Silent Storm by mtrain
[December 07, 2012, 03:45:05 pm]

Site will be down for maintenance on 12/8/2012 thru 12/10/2012 by Damon Caskey
[December 07, 2012, 07:42:42 am]

Cancelled SOR 3d Remake by riccochet
[December 07, 2012, 03:58:33 am]

Dungeon Fighter: B.O.R. by msmalik681
[December 07, 2012, 03:24:27 am]

[TUTORIAL] How to create 4 Games of OpenBOR in 1 CD (650 MB) by magggas
[December 06, 2012, 09:46:25 pm]

custknife by Bloodbane
[December 06, 2012, 09:34:09 pm]

blockfx help by B.Kardi
[December 06, 2012, 04:09:14 pm]

street of age 4 hd by corradlo
[December 06, 2012, 01:41:36 pm]

ClaFan - Classic Fantasy ver 1.17 by soniczxblade
[December 06, 2012, 05:01:20 am]

Bug Archive by Bloodbane
[December 06, 2012, 02:00:44 am]

"Bio-Doom" and "Gears of Doom" by BulletBob
[December 05, 2012, 10:07:21 pm]

Contra Locked 'N' Loaded v2 by Bloodbane
[December 05, 2012, 09:39:43 pm]

Downloadable OpenBoR Manual by BeasTie
[December 05, 2012, 08:31:24 pm]

Having trouble testing changes by B.Kardi
[December 05, 2012, 03:05:53 pm]

DragonBall Absalon by msmalik681
[December 05, 2012, 02:52:13 pm]

[Hi-Res] Swamp by Vibrant
[December 05, 2012, 10:47:14 am]

• Dot Guests: 15
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

Author Topic: Knights & Dragons: The Endless Quest  (Read 15063 times)

Offline Pierwolf

• Pierwolf's Magic chamber of abstract theories about relativity of Karma and metempsychosis
Re: Knights & Dragons: The Endless Quest - complete
« Reply #60 on: May 27, 2012, 04:06:21 pm »
Thanks for the reply...

"1) are you sure? it doesn't for me  :-["

Positive, it happens after you exit right out of OpenBOR then go back in, I've done the graveyard level at least 4 times...? Unless the intention is to do this

when this happens? when you finish the quest and you quit when you are on the map? or while you are still in the graveyard level? if the answer is the 2, yes is intentional, if you quit the game while you are on a quest, then you have to restart the quest from the last stage you are in (for example, the graveyard quest is composed by two stages - the second one is when you have to fight some skeletons, and then the boss appear - if you, let's say, quit the game during the boss battle, when you load the game you restart from the begin of the boss battle stage again).
My current project:

Knights & Dragons: The Endless Quest - COMPLETE!

Offline Dark_Ryu

« Reply #61 on: May 27, 2012, 04:17:14 pm »
So, here we are! after a long development, i finally can release my last game, Knights & Dragons: The Endless Quest.

UPDATE:

Fixed music and sfx (thanks to BeasTie for this!) now the file is much more smaller to download (160 MB)

it works with the latest version of openbor. it should work on the psp too (i'm testing right now)

Thanks Pierwolf,
Exactly which OpenBOR version we use? What is recommended for the game update?

Offline Pierwolf

• Pierwolf's Magic chamber of abstract theories about relativity of Karma and metempsychosis
« Reply #62 on: May 27, 2012, 05:09:42 pm »
i make the game constantly updated with the latest versions of OpenBOR, so the latest, the better.
My current project:

Offline Vyck_St.Judas

« Reply #63 on: May 27, 2012, 08:59:46 pm »
Check your PM's.  :)

Offline flemw1234

« Reply #64 on: May 28, 2012, 12:56:22 am »
Thanks for the reply...

Positive, it happens after you exit right out of OpenBOR then go back in, I've done the graveyard level at least 4 times...? Unless the intention is to do this

when this happens? when you finish the quest and you quit when you are on the map? or while you are still in the graveyard level? if the answer is the 2, yes is intentional, if you quit the game while you are on a quest, then you have to restart the quest from the last stage you are in (for example, the graveyard quest is composed by two stages - the second one is when you have to fight some skeletons, and then the boss appear - if you, let's say, quit the game during the boss battle, when you load the game you restart from the begin of the boss battle stage again).

No that's the thing all the stages I've done default to green after I quit right out of openBOR (not just go to the title screen I mean close it alltogether).....the only thing it manages to save is character progress....
« Last Edit: May 28, 2012, 01:55:41 am by flemw1234 »

Offline zankurous

« Reply #65 on: May 28, 2012, 03:49:15 am »
Thanks for the reply...

No that's the thing all the stages I've done default to green after I quit right out of openBOR (not just go to the title screen I mean close it alltogether).....the only thing it manages to save is character progress....

I have the exact same problem while playing it on a PSP 3000: did all the green quests, saved the game and exit OpenBor, yet when loading the game all progress is gone with the exception of the exp level. Perhaps it was intended to beat the game in a single session in order to unlock its extras? (This can be difficult since by the time all the green quests are finished, its more than likely that the PSP runs out of memory and OpenBor shuts off by itself, losing any progress made in the process...) :hmm:

Offline MatMan

« Reply #66 on: May 28, 2012, 04:55:32 am »
i make the game constantly updated with the latest versions of OpenBOR, so the latest, the better.

Can't remember if you did or didn't but I think that supplying a version of openbor.exe with the zip is a good idea because it prevents problems further down the line, like a couple of years from now the new openbor engine might not work so great with it then people need to struggle to find a working one.

Anyways, I've finished the game with the archer, wizard and nearly done with the barbarian. I take it the barbarian and the group of hero's his with is stronger than the default 6 characters cause I'm breezing through the stages with him, he is just a great character .

Didn't really enjoy the wizard, he just doesn't feel wizardy he kinda feels like a fighter with lightbulbs but then again I haven't enjoyed any of the wizards in any of the capcom games.

Man, that lich king on that red mission is just ridiculous hard and the fact that you can't kill his 2 big pets kinda sux and is it just me or can you block his blizzard attack cause I don't think that I did once. I might try killing him with the barbarian (should be easier then) but with the wizard it just wasn't fun at all.

I'm not sure but that archer does seem very week cause I really did struggle with him ( but he was alota fun ) especially those horse stages, his arrows attack is just to narrow. Its actually pointless shooting with him and I thought it was just the way you had all the players setup but when you compare him to the barbarian and wizard he really is pretty useless.

So far my favorite mission is that dinosaur stage,  >:D brilliant  >:D.

edit..
I forgot to mention but the barbarian always starts with less than full health on a quest start, even after I goto a INN.

O and it might be a good idea to hasten the dialogs in the inn.

Dbl Edit...
Can't wait to see what you've done with the other characters.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2012, 05:10:38 am by MatMan »

Offline Blastyrant

« Reply #67 on: May 28, 2012, 06:07:17 am »
I am experiencing the same issue others are describing. When I load my previous game I have my experience but all of my quests have been reset. The taverns I unlocked are gone. The entire map has reset it self back to the way it appears the very 1st time you play. It is as if I have not played at all =(.

If I keep OpenBOR open, exit out of the game, and then load my game, everything as as it should be. If I exit out of OpenBOR, run OpenBOR again, load my game, all of my quest progress has been reset.

Question:
When the fighter swings his normal attack, the sword disappears. I see what looks like an arm that has been cut in half. The arc of the sword appears, so you can see where it cuts the air, but the sword is missing.

Looking at the sprites, starting with a103.gif you can clearly see that the sword is missing. a201.gif is the same sprite and here the sword is visible. The same thing happens in ja04.gif, the sword is missing again.

Is this by design or was this a mistake? It looks rather odd that the arm is bent away from the camera but the sword is missing.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2012, 06:26:56 am by Blastyrant »

Offline Vyck_St.Judas

« Reply #68 on: May 28, 2012, 06:42:44 am »
Thats just how Capcom chose to animate the original player sprites. There were also no combos in the game If I remember correctly. All the a201-a20X and a301-a30X frames in KD-EQ are custom made. 

Offline MatMan

« Reply #69 on: May 28, 2012, 06:49:38 am »
I have my experience but all of my quests have been reset.
I've only had this problem once but it has not happened to me since.

Question, when you exit where do you usually exit? ie map, in-game etc. oh and what version of openBor are you using, im' using v3.0 Build 3672 (you can check "Logs\OpenBorLog.txt", you can get it in my mixmasters game but I do believe changing the exe will reset quests) also what game set are you playing.

Offline BeasTie

« Reply #70 on: May 28, 2012, 06:52:26 am »
Just tried it on XBOX with the new music, seems to work! ;D

@MatMan - For what you said about 256kbps version might be a little better, I don't think over 500 is worth it thou.  The originals were clipped a bit anyway so they'll always be a bit distorted.

Offline darknior

« Reply #71 on: May 28, 2012, 12:33:51 pm »
Just tried it on XBOX with the new music, seems to work! ;D

Same for me ... works very fine on xBox :D
I really love this mod and the quest ;)
I will try to finish him :p

One bad point ... one live for one level is excellent for me and others ...
But like many other moders you forgot to make an EASY mode for the childrens :(
Mine have 4 and 8 years old ... impossible for us to play this mod :(

Offline Pierwolf

« Reply #72 on: May 28, 2012, 03:04:29 pm »

i really don't understand this error... it doesn't happen to me... how do you quit the openbor? you use the F12 button? or you abort it manually?

Can't remember if you did or didn't but I think that supplying a version of openbor.exe with the zip is a good idea because it prevents problems further down the line, like a couple of years from now the new openbor engine might not work so great with it then people need to struggle to find a working one.

ok i will do it in the next releases!

Man, that lich king on that red mission is just ridiculous hard and the fact that you can't kill his 2 big pets kinda sux and is it just me or can you block his blizzard attack cause I don't think that I did once. I might try killing him with the barbarian (should be easier then) but with the wizard it just wasn't fun at all.

i noticed this too.  i will fix it in the next releases.

edit..
I forgot to mention but the barbarian always starts with less than full health on a quest start, even after I goto a INN.

at this time, i really don't know why this happens. i will try to fix it in the next releases.

thanks for your feedback, matman!

Same for me ... works very fine on xBox :D
I really love this mod and the quest ;)
I will try to finish him :p

One bad point ... one live for one level is excellent for me and others ...
But like many other moders you forgot to make an EASY mode for the childrens :(
Mine have 4 and 8 years old ... impossible for us to play this mod :(

sorry for your kids, darknior...  :(

maybe they will play it when they will grow up!  :)
My current project:

Offline Pierwolf

« Reply #73 on: May 28, 2012, 06:43:56 pm »

UPDATE 1.8
- fixed one of the final stages.
- fixed the level up system: now everytime you level up you gain a permanent bonus of hp and mp.
- fixed the HOW TO in order to explain the new level up system.
- fixed the ending credits

Link in the first page! enjoy!  :cheers!:
My current project:

Offline Blastyrant

« Reply #74 on: May 28, 2012, 07:26:23 pm »
Question, when you exit where do you usually exit? ie map, in-game etc. oh and what version of openBor are you using, im' using v3.0 Build 3672 (you can check "Logs\OpenBorLog.txt", you can get it in my mixmasters game but I do believe changing the exe will reset quests) also what game set are you playing.

I'm currently using OpenBOR v3.0 Build 3707 for the PSP. My PSP is a 3000 running CFW 6.60 ProB10 fix1. I am using it with default settings and running the most recent build of this mod.

When I exit it is always at the main menu. I get there by choosing to end the game. Then I exit OpenBor by pressing the PSP home button.

If I exit the game the same way, do not close OpenBOR, and instead load my save game, everything is as it should be.

I see PC and Xbox users saying everything is working fine. So perhaps the problem is with the PSP build?

I know my Pro Duo card is not write protected, I write save files to it every day. I have also made sure the card is not corrupted.

0%

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal