Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

What openbor you prefer: Double dragon,battletoads or final fight !? by lirexpatrio
[December 07, 2012, 07:15:27 pm]

what are your favorite games OpenBOR?! by lirexpatrio
[December 07, 2012, 07:09:46 pm]

Post Some Awesome Videos by maxman
[December 07, 2012, 05:51:39 pm]

Can @cmd playmusic "aaaa" 1 also increse music sound ? by BeasTie
[December 07, 2012, 05:24:38 pm]

Streets of Rage: Silent Storm by mtrain
[December 07, 2012, 03:45:05 pm]

Site will be down for maintenance on 12/8/2012 thru 12/10/2012 by Damon Caskey
[December 07, 2012, 07:42:42 am]

Cancelled SOR 3d Remake by riccochet
[December 07, 2012, 03:58:33 am]

Dungeon Fighter: B.O.R. by msmalik681
[December 07, 2012, 03:24:27 am]

[TUTORIAL] How to create 4 Games of OpenBOR in 1 CD (650 MB) by magggas
[December 06, 2012, 09:46:25 pm]

custknife by Bloodbane
[December 06, 2012, 09:34:09 pm]

blockfx help by B.Kardi
[December 06, 2012, 04:09:14 pm]

street of age 4 hd by corradlo
[December 06, 2012, 01:41:36 pm]

ClaFan - Classic Fantasy ver 1.17 by soniczxblade
[December 06, 2012, 05:01:20 am]

Bug Archive by Bloodbane
[December 06, 2012, 02:00:44 am]

"Bio-Doom" and "Gears of Doom" by BulletBob
[December 05, 2012, 10:07:21 pm]

Contra Locked 'N' Loaded v2 by Bloodbane
[December 05, 2012, 09:39:43 pm]

Downloadable OpenBoR Manual by BeasTie
[December 05, 2012, 08:31:24 pm]

Having trouble testing changes by B.Kardi
[December 05, 2012, 03:05:53 pm]

DragonBall Absalon by msmalik681
[December 05, 2012, 02:52:13 pm]

[Hi-Res] Swamp by Vibrant
[December 05, 2012, 10:47:14 am]

• Dot Guests: 37
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

Author Topic: Knights & Dragons: The Endless Quest  (Read 15066 times)

Offline flemw1234

Re: Knights & Dragons: The Endless Quest - complete
« Reply #150 on: June 07, 2012, 10:32:36 pm »
I like them all man, nicely done. I wish I knew how to add them so I could use them too, but none the less they look cool. Good work.

Thanks....I'd only be able to release the .Gifs which you'd have to then go into each character folder to add, and then point to in the corresponding text files...via the alternatepal command...(this of course being a paxploded copy, with a bor.pak file in it)

if anyone wants them let me know...

Offline volcanic

• Nobody
« Reply #151 on: June 07, 2012, 11:05:15 pm »
What puzzled me is that, even after I chose New Game, the score and level remained. Shouldn't the score reset to zero when I choose a New Game, even if I already have a saved game?

I think it's about the way engine works.
The engine itself won't clear globalvars anymore so you need to clear all of them yourself.

To implement this is easy.
Just call
Code: [Select]
clearglobalvar();in your first level.

Offline utunnels

• Developer
« Reply #152 on: June 07, 2012, 11:10:43 pm »
clearglobalvar is not safe for sprites and arrays.

Just reset what you need in the first map's level script.

Offline erf_beto

« Reply #153 on: June 08, 2012, 07:59:30 am »
what about the "free credit" you get sometimes? Doesn't happen always, it's usually (or probably) when I load a game, with a couple of lives left, but only one credit: if you press Start, you can keep playing.
:)
The only thing that bothers me is I can only continue with the first character in the roster (i.e. Fighter)
This isn't exclusive to KnD, I'm pretty sure I faced this in Marvel First Alliance too...

Offline Pierwolf

• Pierwolf's Magic chamber of abstract theories about relativity of Karma and metempsychosis
« Reply #154 on: June 08, 2012, 12:21:46 pm »
I like the middle wizard.  :)

Sometimes I wonder when will someone "clean up" these Heroes sprites to make them easier to swap colors... then I remember how many sprites they have and what a gargantuan task that would be...  :blushing:

you didn't have killed the mimic chests, aren't you? thanks for your help, erf_beto, that should be the mimic offscreen kill command, i will fix it. 
I think I did kill a mimic... I'm not sure  :-[
anyway, I unpacked v1.5 and got the same result.
I'm going to look for it, but can you tell me what should I change in the .txt to bypass this bug?

BTW, I played this mod a lot today (though I gave myself a few extra lives, cause I'm not a good player :(  ) , and after that bug, I decided to unpack v1.5. I replaced the data folder and started the game. OpenBor read the savefile from the v1.0 and I could continue the game... but in doing that, due to my previous score, I started at LV 8 !

What puzzled me is that, even after I chose New Game, the score and level remained. Shouldn't the score reset to zero when I choose a New Game, even if I already have a saved game?

that's because you've used a save file from a previous version, i suppose.
anyway, i've fixed the mimic bug, in the next release you shouldn't have problems.  :)

what about the "free credit" you get sometimes? Doesn't happen always, it's usually (or probably) when I load a game, with a couple of lives left, but only one credit: if you press Start, you can keep playing.
:)
The only thing that bothers me is I can only continue with the first character in the roster (i.e. Fighter)
This isn't exclusive to KnD, I'm pretty sure I faced this in Marvel First Alliance too...

again, you should probably have thouched something in the code (maybe when you've added more lives?) that has gave you more credits, the way the game is supposed to be played is withouth credits at all, you can only gain lives every 5000 xp.

anyway, you know that there is no need to modify the files? you have simply to set the cheats ON in the options menu if you have problems, instead of adding more lives and take the risk of screw the game.  ;)
« Last Edit: June 08, 2012, 12:23:26 pm by Pierwolf »
My current project:

Knights & Dragons: The Endless Quest - COMPLETE!

Offline erf_beto

« Reply #155 on: June 08, 2012, 05:01:45 pm »
again, you should probably have thouched something in the code (maybe when you've added more lives?) that has gave you more credits, the way the game is supposed to be played is withouth credits at all, you can only gain lives every 5000 xp.
I don't know, I got to do this before unpaking and even on Marvel First Alliance....  :(

anyway, you know that there is no need to modify the files? you have simply to set the cheats ON in the options menu if you have problems, instead of adding more lives and take the risk of screw the game.  ;)

Wait.
You mean cheats aren't DisabledByMod?  :wow!:

Oh, ok, right...  :dunce:

Offline Die_In_Fire

• Where eagles dare!
« Reply #156 on: June 10, 2012, 01:04:49 pm »
Pierwolf this mod is amazing!!! it's a step ahead of your previous Knights and Dragons!!! I¡m really enjoying this masterpiece!!

The sprite edits are awesome!!! really nice to see the warriors of fate 2 sprites that way!!!

Thanks a lot for this mod!! I really felt like the old times playing Dungeon and Dragons with my friends, even some of your adventures on the mod are pretty similar with the stories I did when I was a Dungeon Master. Thanks to bring me back those good memories!!

The green quests were piece of cake with the Wizard, but on the yellow ones he felt weak...

In one sit I made until the Dinosaur stage, I lost most of my lifes there and had to load game.

The Dinosaur stage for me was the most difficult, I lost lot of lives playing with the Paladin. It's just too difficult to block. The difference with the Capcom block system, is that on Capcom games after you block, you keep facing the same side, on the mod, after blocking you automatically turn to the other side.

just some details:
- I prefer to fight with good bosses rather than lot of enemies. also the Vampire lord boss fight was crazy... I mean, not only the boss, but lot of enemies at the same time!!! even those Wight shooting magic missile all the time!! I just had to run away and just use "special", then ran until mp bar filled, and I don't like to play that way...

one bug: Sometimes I get a "free credit" but with no lives, and I didn'0t unpak the mod...

anyways overall this is a very good game!!! I wonder what kind of jewel you can develop with the arcade D&D sprites!!!

:cheers!: :cheers!: :cheers!:

Offline MadZiontist

« Reply #157 on: June 10, 2012, 02:57:11 pm »
Looks awesome man! Always been a fan of your mods. Gonna have to check this out soon. :cheers!:
"The unbelieving receiving prophecy so true,
I cut the head off the devil and I throw it at you"

-DMC

Offline urbanodp

« Reply #158 on: June 11, 2012, 09:49:02 am »
Hi,

Please send a link to download the game which really save the game position, or tell me how can I do this.

Every time I have to start all again!

Thanks

Offline MatMan

« Reply #159 on: June 11, 2012, 12:18:04 pm »
Your safest bet is to unpak the game and run it that way as that def works.

Offline flemw1234

« Reply #160 on: June 11, 2012, 02:07:59 pm »
Hi,

Please send a link to download the game which really save the game position, or tell me how can I do this.

Every time I have to start all again!

Thanks

Another thing I noticed for me is that if you were playing a previous version of it starting a completely new game solved the issue for me....

On another note I'm releasing my alternatepal files...simply place the corresponding gif's in the correct character folder open up the txt file for each character and point to it (do the same for the horse folder within each character folder, as well as the Barbarians speed up and Bard's invisibility .txt file... example fighter1.gif must have a pointer to it in it's respective folder add this line underneath the palette line, alternatepal data/chars/fighter/fighter1.gif in fighter.txt, then add that same line to the .txt file in under the horse folder within the char directory, you'll have to do this for all of the files....of course back anything up if you are unsure, and you obviously have to extract these from their compressed format first...

« Last Edit: June 11, 2012, 02:22:56 pm by flemw1234 »

Offline flemw1234

« Reply #161 on: June 11, 2012, 02:25:44 pm »
..more altenatepal .gif's

Offline flemw1234

« Reply #162 on: June 11, 2012, 02:28:26 pm »
last one..enjoy!!  :cheers!:

Offline Pierwolf

• Pierwolf's Magic chamber of abstract theories about relativity of Karma and metempsychosis
« Reply #163 on: June 11, 2012, 03:50:17 pm »
Thanks a lot for this mod!! I really felt like the old times playing Dungeon and Dragons with my friends, even some of your adventures on the mod are pretty similar with the stories I did when I was a Dungeon Master. Thanks to bring me back those good memories!!

yes, infact for the quests i've taken inspiration from some old d&d adventure modules of my youth!

The Dinosaur stage for me was the most difficult, I lost lot of lives playing with the Paladin. It's just too difficult to block. The difference with the Capcom block system, is that on Capcom games after you block, you keep facing the same side, on the mod, after blocking you automatically turn to the other side.

i don't understand this "turn to other side" thing...
maybe you mean that you can block the attacks even from behind? if you practice enough, you will find that is simplier than capcom system, where you have to be in front of the enemy in order to block properly  ;)

- I prefer to fight with good bosses rather than lot of enemies. also the Vampire lord boss fight was crazy... I mean, not only the boss, but lot of enemies at the same time!!! even those Wight shooting magic missile all the time!! I just had to run away and just use "special", then ran until mp bar filled, and I don't like to play that way...

same thing as before... practice with the block system, it's the most important tip of the game!  ;)

thanks for your feedback, Die_In_Fire!
My current project:

Knights & Dragons: The Endless Quest - COMPLETE!

Offline darknior

« Reply #164 on: June 11, 2012, 06:17:01 pm »
Woaw ... so excellent ... do you will add these alternate palette to the future update please ?
I love them :p

0%

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal