Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

What openbor you prefer: Double dragon,battletoads or final fight !? by lirexpatrio
[December 07, 2012, 07:15:27 pm]

what are your favorite games OpenBOR?! by lirexpatrio
[December 07, 2012, 07:09:46 pm]

Post Some Awesome Videos by maxman
[December 07, 2012, 05:51:39 pm]

Can @cmd playmusic "aaaa" 1 also increse music sound ? by BeasTie
[December 07, 2012, 05:24:38 pm]

Streets of Rage: Silent Storm by mtrain
[December 07, 2012, 03:45:05 pm]

Site will be down for maintenance on 12/8/2012 thru 12/10/2012 by Damon Caskey
[December 07, 2012, 07:42:42 am]

Cancelled SOR 3d Remake by riccochet
[December 07, 2012, 03:58:33 am]

Dungeon Fighter: B.O.R. by msmalik681
[December 07, 2012, 03:24:27 am]

[TUTORIAL] How to create 4 Games of OpenBOR in 1 CD (650 MB) by magggas
[December 06, 2012, 09:46:25 pm]

custknife by Bloodbane
[December 06, 2012, 09:34:09 pm]

blockfx help by B.Kardi
[December 06, 2012, 04:09:14 pm]

street of age 4 hd by corradlo
[December 06, 2012, 01:41:36 pm]

ClaFan - Classic Fantasy ver 1.17 by soniczxblade
[December 06, 2012, 05:01:20 am]

Bug Archive by Bloodbane
[December 06, 2012, 02:00:44 am]

"Bio-Doom" and "Gears of Doom" by BulletBob
[December 05, 2012, 10:07:21 pm]

Contra Locked 'N' Loaded v2 by Bloodbane
[December 05, 2012, 09:39:43 pm]

Downloadable OpenBoR Manual by BeasTie
[December 05, 2012, 08:31:24 pm]

Having trouble testing changes by B.Kardi
[December 05, 2012, 03:05:53 pm]

DragonBall Absalon by msmalik681
[December 05, 2012, 02:52:13 pm]

[Hi-Res] Swamp by Vibrant
[December 05, 2012, 10:47:14 am]

• Dot Guests: 175
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

Author Topic: Weapon swapping Castlevania Style and Keeping weapons while going thru stages?  (Read 1240 times)

Offline Mykole11@gmail.com

Is there a Script ya'll could give me or show me how to weapon swap like Castlevania SOTN?
I've seen it done here before but I can't find it in the forum. I'm also trying to keep my weapon when moving to the next stage, I tried weaploss on all settings but nothen works. So I'm thinking I need scripting to get it the way I want. (I'm making a 2D Castlevania mod)

Offline Mrgrill247

Make sure to check out my rips of Maria from the PSP and PSX.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2012, 09:37:40 pm by Mrgrill247 »
Ninja magic. Ninjitsu-to, the ability to seem invisible to cause fear and paralisis in your enemies.

Hey thanks man!

Offline Mrgrill247

Nothing makes me happy when lovely girls fight for love and justice.
Ninja magic. Ninjitsu-to, the ability to seem invisible to cause fear and paralisis in your enemies.

Offline Bloodbane

• Dark Dragon
 weaploss is never meant to keep weapon from level to level.

The CV Collab demo you downloaded has subweapon system which allows carrying weapon from one level to another. Have you tried it?

As for weapon switching, if you want it like in Contra, it's easy to make but you need to have visual of equipped weapon (unless you don't mind choosing weapon in dark).
 I haven't played SotN yet but I assume it's similar to Aria of Sorrow, Dawn of Sorrow, Portrait of Ruin & Order of Ecclesia. Is this what you want?
OpenBoR Manual

Basic OpenBoR Tutorials

OpenBoR Tricks & Tutorials

"The more often enemies attack, the more open they are to counter attacks"

Offline Vyck_St.Judas

Hey, I was wondering...
Could you get away with using an invisible entity of "type: steamer" with "lifespan" and "loop 1" to make multiple explosions for a controlled duration?
It would sure beat the heck out of drawing every frame to do so.

Yeah I haven't played those games but I'm sure that their similar to SOTN. For some reason once I pick up a weapon, I can't swap it for another, it won't let me pick it up!

Offline Bloodbane

• Dark Dragon
Could you get away with using an invisible entity of "type: steamer" with "lifespan" and "loop 1" to make multiple explosions for a controlled duration?

@Vycks: I think you'll ended up bumping into spawn control problem. Steamer has its own spawn frequency and there's no way to control it.

Using script, you can get away from this easily. You can control spawn frequency, when to spawn and how many spawns per frame.
 The script for this is available in CV Collab demo

For some reason once I pick up a weapon, I can't swap it for another, it won't let me pick it up!

@Mykole: wait a second, what do you mean with swap weapon? swap whip with sword? or swap subweapon?
 If it's the latter how exactly you swap subweapon? pick from ground or swapping from a list?

Sorry for this but we need to confirm couple things 1st.
OpenBoR Manual

Basic OpenBoR Tutorials

Picking it up off the ground. I figured since my player already has sub weapons on him, I could still use weapon models. Like if you find a Chain whip you could pick it up and if you find something better like a Fire whip, you could drop the Chain whip and pick up the Fire whip.

Offline Vyck_St.Judas

Wouldn't you have to load multiple models for that? IE:
leather whip-holy water     
leather whip-knife             
leather whip-cross             
leather whip-axe

chain whip-holy water
chain whip-knife
chain whip-cross
chain whip-axe

fire whip-holy water
fire whip-knife
fire whip-cross
fire whip-axe
etc.

I don't write/read script myself, so maybe my thinking is primitive?
If Bloodbane is reading this, Maybe he could use a modified version of one of your Pre-existing Contra scripts?

Offline Bloodbane

• Dark Dragon
 @Vycks: the answer is no! please check player texts in CV collab, despite the various subweapons they can use, all of them don't use weapon models at all.
 Though, you're right about script. subweapon system is using modified version of weapon system from Contra mod.

@Mykole: hmmm.... I don't know why you can't change weapons like this. Why don't you ask Beastie? maybe he knows something about weapon picking up.
OpenBoR Manual

Basic OpenBoR Tutorials

Offline BeasTie

I'm not sure either something is wierd, at some point in newer builds you can't pickup a weapon if you already have one, the only way is to drop the one you have somehow. Because my weapons were using ammo you had to get rid of ammo before you could get any other weapon.   

It used to work fine thou, you could freely swap weapons for ones on the ground and each weapon kept it's own ammo count nicely.
Weapons that you lost on knockdown hits or damage (like your typical baseball bat weapon) then it's probably no issue.  But ones that remain till death/no ammo can't be swapped now.

MatMan's made a script for weapons in my mod now, he hasn't had a chance to check it over in the mod thou because I was still working on implementing it properly, once it's all working I'll put something up so others can see how it's done.

Kuul, I was thinking about using a few models for the whips, maybe just two IDK. I don't think it would take that long to edit the sprites for it. I just don't know if I will have a enough space for all the players. custknife/custbomb allows me to have the all subweapons at once. But I've been messing around with that lvl up script and I'm starting to see that I could just skip out on the whips and increase my offense with Lvl up.(But I think picking up new whips would be a lot cooler!)

Offline Vyck_St.Judas

Maybe leveling up could give you new abilities. Like the relics in Sotn.
This would give a reason to replay levels. Maybe unlock characters or playable enemies.
Just an idea, you don't have to use it if you don't want to.  :)

Offline Bloodbane

• Dark Dragon
 You know, I was thinking that just for Castlevania mod, weapon switch ..er.. whip switch can be done with workaround script. What I mean is character's attack animation is immediately changed based on chosen whip when it is played.
 Why not? AFAIK in Castlevania series, there are only couple chances whip is lashed i.e standing, crouching and jumping  (Do I miss something?).
 If this is implemented, we only need one text for each character :).

It would require extra work with Johnny Morris and Eric Lecarde though.
OpenBoR Manual

Basic OpenBoR Tutorials

0%

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal