Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

What openbor you prefer: Double dragon,battletoads or final fight !? by lirexpatrio
[December 07, 2012, 07:15:27 pm]

what are your favorite games OpenBOR?! by lirexpatrio
[December 07, 2012, 07:09:46 pm]

Post Some Awesome Videos by maxman
[December 07, 2012, 05:51:39 pm]

Can @cmd playmusic "aaaa" 1 also increse music sound ? by BeasTie
[December 07, 2012, 05:24:38 pm]

Streets of Rage: Silent Storm by mtrain
[December 07, 2012, 03:45:05 pm]

Site will be down for maintenance on 12/8/2012 thru 12/10/2012 by Damon Caskey
[December 07, 2012, 07:42:42 am]

Cancelled SOR 3d Remake by riccochet
[December 07, 2012, 03:58:33 am]

Dungeon Fighter: B.O.R. by msmalik681
[December 07, 2012, 03:24:27 am]

[TUTORIAL] How to create 4 Games of OpenBOR in 1 CD (650 MB) by magggas
[December 06, 2012, 09:46:25 pm]

custknife by Bloodbane
[December 06, 2012, 09:34:09 pm]

blockfx help by B.Kardi
[December 06, 2012, 04:09:14 pm]

street of age 4 hd by corradlo
[December 06, 2012, 01:41:36 pm]

ClaFan - Classic Fantasy ver 1.17 by soniczxblade
[December 06, 2012, 05:01:20 am]

Bug Archive by Bloodbane
[December 06, 2012, 02:00:44 am]

"Bio-Doom" and "Gears of Doom" by BulletBob
[December 05, 2012, 10:07:21 pm]

Contra Locked 'N' Loaded v2 by Bloodbane
[December 05, 2012, 09:39:43 pm]

Downloadable OpenBoR Manual by BeasTie
[December 05, 2012, 08:31:24 pm]

Having trouble testing changes by B.Kardi
[December 05, 2012, 03:05:53 pm]

DragonBall Absalon by msmalik681
[December 05, 2012, 02:52:13 pm]

[Hi-Res] Swamp by Vibrant
[December 05, 2012, 10:47:14 am]

• Dot Guests: 145
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

Author Topic: Dungeon Fighter Live is out; what do you think?  (Read 2422 times)

Offline zamuel

• Commercial
Re: Dungeon Fighter Live is out; what do you think?
« Reply #15 on: August 03, 2012, 09:49:34 am »
NickyP, you might want to check that Nexon thread about getting a refund...

In other brainwaves, I had a funny thought of one of us here doing a DFO inspired game.
FOLH Progress
Primary game: Done!
Extra mode: Done!

Street Team: Reign of the Iron Dragon - http://lavalit.com:8080/index.php/topic,6240.0.html

Offline NickyP

• You know, that guy with the pet drum?
    • Personal OpenBOR site.
« Reply #16 on: August 03, 2012, 11:14:38 am »
Well hot damn. He actually got a refund? And my review inspired him to do so??

Looks like I'll be calling Xbox Live support soon. Maybe if enough people do this, Microsoft will refund everyone who purchased the game and make it a freeware. Just like they did with Undertow.

Offline zamuel

• Commercial
« Reply #17 on: August 03, 2012, 08:06:29 pm »
Since I did decide to download the demo, I wonder if part of the reason why MS did a refund is because their name is on it.  I saw the Microsoft Studios logo as publisher so it's possible they pushed things out of the door on the good faith thought that Nexon was a well known enough company that they wouldn't need to be as strict with testing. I have a feeling Microsoft is going to see why that's not a good idea.  I think the worst part of it all is in playing the demo, I can easily see how this would have been good if greed and laziness didn't get in the way.

EDIT: I'm also curious of your opinion of the supporters of the game who are posting in the thread over there.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2012, 12:40:21 am by zamuel »
FOLH Progress

Street Team: Reign of the Iron Dragon - http://lavalit.com:8080/index.php/topic,6240.0.html

Offline DJGameFreakTheIguana

• Credit to Vyck_St.Judas, Edited by me.
« Reply #18 on: August 04, 2012, 01:46:38 pm »
I'm also curious of your opinion of the supporters of the game who are posting in the thread over there.
They gotta be loyal as hell to defend this ****, but I'm I can't talk, since the last two Sega games I bought a gamestop were purely for the fact that they were made by Sega, and that delay on Anarchy Reigns kinda messed up many people, even more of us who remember the SOR Remake takedown.

On a side note NickyP, have you heard what happened at sonic boom? At some point, something sparked the crowd in cheering for Sonic Adventure 3, and the guys from Sega, I heard, FINALLY realized we wanted it. I know it can't be SA3 because of 06(Still liked it) so I refer to it as "New adventure game". The topic is here if you wanna check it out:
http://sonicrevolution.org/forums/index.php/topic/291-sonic-boom/page__view__findpost__p__3591

x)

Offline NickyP

• Personal OpenBOR site.
« Reply #19 on: August 04, 2012, 05:23:22 pm »
EDIT: I'm also curious of your opinion of the supporters of the game who are posting in the thread over there.

It's one of two things, in my opinion. Either they are 12-15 year olds with zero value of money, or blind fanboys who will throw money away at anything in the name of brand recognition. Either way, the one guy who said he'll happily buy all DLC is a perfect case of blind consumerism. It's one thing if you didn't know any better... but how can you be on the forum for the free PC version, and honestly think that the 360 version is worth any money? Ugh...

On a side note NickyP, have you heard what happened at sonic boom? At some point, something sparked the crowd in cheering for Sonic Adventure 3, and the guys from Sega, I heard, FINALLY realized we wanted it. I know it can't be SA3 because of 06(Still liked it) so I refer to it as "New adventure game". The topic is here if you wanna check it out:
http://sonicrevolution.org/forums/index.php/topic/291-sonic-boom/page__view__findpost__p__3591

That's what I like about Sega. For better or worse, they actually listen to fans. I just wished they listened a little better  :P "What's that? You guys like Sonic 1? Ok, we'll make it so that all Sonic games only have Sonic playable, for the next 6 years!"

Offline NickyP

• Personal OpenBOR site.
« Reply #20 on: August 15, 2012, 05:29:14 pm »
So funny thing. So many people liked my review on this game on GameFAQs, that I actually won Review of The Month for July 2012. Which landed me a nice $30 gift card for Amazon.com. Not only did I get the $10 I wasted on this game, but I got a little extra for my troubles.

Funny how life works, eh?  :laughing:

Offline agu

« Reply #21 on: August 15, 2012, 06:36:26 pm »
You can not expect much from low-cost productions fourth: S hahahaha, I had angry about something similar, when they made megaman 9 and 10 8-bit format for PlayStation 3 and not come out for pc: S!
And if, under these conditions better choice OpenBOR games; 1000 times  :cheers!:
My main projects:

The Fearless Warriors  Edited Version 2012 (In Progress)

« Reply #22 on: August 15, 2012, 08:47:01 pm »
That's what I like about Sega. For better or worse, they actually listen to fans. I just wished they listened a little better  :P "What's that? You guys like Sonic 1? Ok, we'll make it so that all Sonic games only have Sonic playable, for the next 6 years!"
For better or for worse indeed. It's funny how we are on different sides on how the other chars should be handled, but we still agree they should be there. IMO, a 4 player sonic game that plays a lot like Sonic 3D Blast would be a nice spin-off. Might do something like that in the future if time permits it and the users at this sonic forum help out with stages. I could even make it like Peirwolf's quest mod, making it an ever growing fan game with a simple design scheme(much less then sega brawlers)

You can not expect much from low-cost productions fourth: S hahahaha
And if, under these conditions better choice OpenBOR games; 1000 times  :cheers!:
Looking at your first forum, you have to realize what forum your on right now, and how many of us can make better games for free, which is why your second comment is too true. Take note that I'm only taking NickyP's word since I never played the game myself, but I'm sure he wouldn't lie to us in order to keep the game for himself....... right Nicky?  :bored:

x)

Offline Die_In_Fire

• Where eagles dare!
« Reply #23 on: August 15, 2012, 09:13:54 pm »
So funny thing. So many people liked my review on this game on GameFAQs, that I actually won Review of The Month for July 2012. Which landed me a nice $30 gift card for Amazon.com. Not only did I get the $10 I wasted on this game, but I got a little extra for my troubles.

That's amazing!!! Well done job!!  :cheers!:

now you can buy DLC for that game  :laughing:

Offline Bloodbane

• Dark Dragon
« Reply #24 on: August 15, 2012, 11:43:06 pm »

:laughing:
 Well, IMO it's more about developer's 'sin' than your 'refund'. Though I admit it's funny to see other's people's mistake could give benefit to others.
OpenBoR Manual

Basic OpenBoR Tutorials

OpenBoR Tricks & Tutorials

"The more often enemies attack, the more open they are to counter attacks"

Offline Pierwolf

• Pierwolf's Magic chamber of abstract theories about relativity of Karma and metempsychosis
« Reply #25 on: August 16, 2012, 02:11:05 pm »
i see your arguments, and i've even followed the discussion on gamefaqs....

other than this time i've to disagree with you, because i've played the game and liked it very much, the fact is that here in europe we can't play DFO!!! it's only america and asian countries!

so that was the only way for me and all the european guys to taste the flavour of dungeon fighter, nick!
 :teary_eyed:
My current project:

Knights & Dragons: The Endless Quest - COMPLETE!

Offline NickyP

• Personal OpenBOR site.
« Reply #26 on: August 16, 2012, 08:56:32 pm »
Looking at your first forum, you have to realize what forum your on right now, and how many of us can make better games for free, which is why your second comment is too true. Take note that I'm only taking NickyP's word since I never played the game myself, but I'm sure he wouldn't lie to us in order to keep the game for himself....... right Nicky?  :bored:

x)

You got a 360, bro. Grab the trial, play it, and tell me if I'm wrong.

i see your arguments, and i've even followed the discussion on gamefaqs....

other than this time i've to disagree with you, because i've played the game and liked it very much, the fact is that here in europe we can't play DFO!!! it's only america and asian countries!

so that was the only way for me and all the european guys to taste the flavour of dungeon fighter, nick!
 :teary_eyed:

I understand that DFL's the only way to play DFO for non-Asian and US players, but... a bad game is still a bad game, you know?  :blushing:

« Reply #27 on: August 16, 2012, 11:44:50 pm »
You got a 360, bro. Grab the trial, play it, and tell me if I'm wrong.
Hell, I just turned that thing off after playing Def Jam Icon(I see why people think it sucks, almost the whole engine is messed up, and lacks the style the first 2 had).

Anyway, let me finally finish ripping these sprite from Valis 3 and I'll crank it back on, I got one more chick left out of the 3.

x)
« Last Edit: August 16, 2012, 11:46:35 pm by DJGameFreakTheIguana »

Offline Pierwolf

• Pierwolf's Magic chamber of abstract theories about relativity of Karma and metempsychosis
« Reply #28 on: August 19, 2012, 05:10:57 pm »

I understand that DFL's the only way to play DFO for non-Asian and US players, but... a bad game is still a bad game, you know?  :blushing:

but this time i really don't understand this hate.
i've played it, taking a Slayer until level 20; i've had much fun with it, and the game really have impressed me, being GDR mixed with beat-em up, pratically my two favourites types of game together.
it have its flaws, that's sure, but noting ground-breaking to deserve such a crusade against it.  :eek:
My current project:

Knights & Dragons: The Endless Quest - COMPLETE!

Offline zamuel

• Commercial
« Reply #29 on: August 19, 2012, 08:05:19 pm »
There's a number of combined problems:
  • There's better out there.  The main comparison is with the PC version since it's really lacking a lot.  There's also our own stuff here, a lot of which is impressive.
  • A few issues seem rather amateur.  A 4 player game with only 3 playable characters and no alt colors?  Screen only scrolls if all allies hug the edge?
  • Some parts of it feel like a transparent money grab.  No way to refresh lives without paying real money?  It would be different if it explicitly prided itself as a super hard game but it doesn't. And one that did probably wouldn't offer lives for sale.
  • Dev silence.  Most of the above could have been mitigated if the developers made some sort of comment.  Mistakes happen and people can be reasonable but nothing is being done to address the issues.

Speaking of reasonable fans, the guy who got the first refund noted that if they spoke up and fixed these problems he'd actually re-buy the game.
FOLH Progress

0%

mighty
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal