Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

What openbor you prefer: Double dragon,battletoads or final fight !? by lirexpatrio
[December 07, 2012, 07:15:27 pm]

what are your favorite games OpenBOR?! by lirexpatrio
[December 07, 2012, 07:09:46 pm]

Post Some Awesome Videos by maxman
[December 07, 2012, 05:51:39 pm]

Can @cmd playmusic "aaaa" 1 also increse music sound ? by BeasTie
[December 07, 2012, 05:24:38 pm]

Streets of Rage: Silent Storm by mtrain
[December 07, 2012, 03:45:05 pm]

Site will be down for maintenance on 12/8/2012 thru 12/10/2012 by Damon Caskey
[December 07, 2012, 07:42:42 am]

Cancelled SOR 3d Remake by riccochet
[December 07, 2012, 03:58:33 am]

Dungeon Fighter: B.O.R. by msmalik681
[December 07, 2012, 03:24:27 am]

[TUTORIAL] How to create 4 Games of OpenBOR in 1 CD (650 MB) by magggas
[December 06, 2012, 09:46:25 pm]

custknife by Bloodbane
[December 06, 2012, 09:34:09 pm]

blockfx help by B.Kardi
[December 06, 2012, 04:09:14 pm]

street of age 4 hd by corradlo
[December 06, 2012, 01:41:36 pm]

ClaFan - Classic Fantasy ver 1.17 by soniczxblade
[December 06, 2012, 05:01:20 am]

Bug Archive by Bloodbane
[December 06, 2012, 02:00:44 am]

"Bio-Doom" and "Gears of Doom" by BulletBob
[December 05, 2012, 10:07:21 pm]

Contra Locked 'N' Loaded v2 by Bloodbane
[December 05, 2012, 09:39:43 pm]

Downloadable OpenBoR Manual by BeasTie
[December 05, 2012, 08:31:24 pm]

Having trouble testing changes by B.Kardi
[December 05, 2012, 03:05:53 pm]

DragonBall Absalon by msmalik681
[December 05, 2012, 02:52:13 pm]

[Hi-Res] Swamp by Vibrant
[December 05, 2012, 10:47:14 am]

• Dot Guests: 168
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

Author Topic: Mortal Kombat VS Street Fighter  (Read 866 times)

Offline HomebrewKing

• Xtreme Homebrew
Mortal Kombat VS Street Fighter
« on: July 28, 2012, 01:17:06 am »
Whats up guys???? Just thought I'd share a project I have actually been working on. I know there was another claiming to do this but I would like to show you the real deal that will be shared here and it's absolutely free

My friend Hardak was the one who originally asked about this game and I told him I had it in the works. I am taking a break from posting downloads on my site so I can get some of my projects done and released.

In a couple days or maybe even today I will be releasing a demo version of this game. It will feature 11 characters from Street Fighter the movie and Mortal Kombat characters. I am still not certain how many MK characters will be in it but I am open for suggestions. This release will be exclusively for XMugen and I may include the beta engine I have been working on. Once again "I May" because I surely do not want someone to claim credit for it before it is well known that I am the one who did this. It is not directed toward any of you guys because I am sure you know who I am indirectly talking about.

Here are the screens and note that the lifebars are just for testing right now unless enough people feel that they suit the game. Be sure to give me some ideas for MK characters that you would like to be in the roster.

My friend mentioned having MK1 or MK2 characters in the game. What do you think about this idea?

Offline maxman

• I'm a slowpoke in speed.
Re: Mortal Kombat VS Street Fighter
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2012, 02:42:25 am »
Nice project. At first, I thought it would be like G.M. Spectre's Real Fighter game (in the use of the UFGE engine), which I haven't played. :laughing:

Speaking of characters, do you think you could reduce the number of fighters from both sides a little bit for a demo? What I mean a little bit is that you can have less than 11 or 10 characters for each side. Later on, if you plan to have a full version of it, you can have as many as fighters on both sides you like. You said there would be 11 fighters from the Street Fighter side. I thought it would be a full version, but I guess I was wrong.

MK characters:
Sub-Zero (my brother's favorite MK char)
Quan-Chi
Liu Kang
Sonya
Kitana
Shang Tsung
Kano
Johnny Cage
Reptile

Whats up guys????
Ummm.... You got three question marks which result into this => ??? ... :laughing: I think you meant to put an exclamation mark? Maybe?
Dragon Duo (W.I.P./Outdated demo (2010 version)) (in progress)
Captain Commando (in progress)
Unelmia: Dreamers' Fate (collaborating with contress/taskmaster) (in progress)

Best OpenBOR mods:Spoiler
1. World Heroes Supreme Justice
2. Golden Axe Myth
3. Art of Fighting: Beats of Rage Remix III
4. A Tale of Vengeance
5. Valdivia Ransom City (demo)
6. Sega Brawlers Megamix
7. Super Fightin Spirit
8. Angel-0

Offline Pmaster

« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2012, 03:19:41 am »
Very good,  I really want to play  :cheers!:

Offline BeasTie

« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2012, 03:56:37 am »
Looks really good, are the street fighter chars are going to have MK style moves ?
The MK II chars would work well, would be cool to add all the different ninja's, rain, ermac etc.

Offline HomebrewKing

• Xtreme Homebrew
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2012, 05:10:55 am »
Thanks for the support guys ;) I plan to make a full version but I will more than likely release a demo of it tomorrow or Sunday. It will be an xbox exclusive but it can be used on a computer with the right files.

I plan to have an equal amount of characters from both sides. That way the game is more balanced. I am for sure going with MK2 characters because they will suit the game very well. The MK2 characters were more basic with moves compared to MK3 or UMK3. And if you ever played SFTM game you know there moves were not too fancy either.

I am still not 100% sure on the MK roster of the game yet but I can show my ideal characters:

Subzero
Scorpion
Sonya
Raiden
Noob
Lui Kang
Shang Tsung
Kano
Jax
Johnny Cage
Baraka
Reptile

Edit: I am working on giving the SF characters more MK style moves :D But that may not be seen until the full version.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2012, 05:19:23 am by HomebrewKing »

Offline HomebrewKing

• Xtreme Homebrew
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2012, 09:50:04 pm »
After asking various people I have came to the conclusion I will be using MK2 characters for the game. And it will not be a demo but a beta because there are a few bugs and I'd like reports on all bugs for the next release to be bug free. Some bugs I have seen are missing sprites when throwing a character and instead of landing some just land on there feet instead of back.

For right now I will be using a MK2 lifebar for this beta and will be trying to make a mix of Mk&SF lifebars. For this beta it will have 4 characters from each side and only 4 stages. As soon as I am done making the Screenpack and select screen I will make a video and up the game :)

0%

mighty
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal