Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

What openbor you prefer: Double dragon,battletoads or final fight !? by lirexpatrio
[December 07, 2012, 07:15:27 pm]

what are your favorite games OpenBOR?! by lirexpatrio
[December 07, 2012, 07:09:46 pm]

Post Some Awesome Videos by maxman
[December 07, 2012, 05:51:39 pm]

Can @cmd playmusic "aaaa" 1 also increse music sound ? by BeasTie
[December 07, 2012, 05:24:38 pm]

Streets of Rage: Silent Storm by mtrain
[December 07, 2012, 03:45:05 pm]

Site will be down for maintenance on 12/8/2012 thru 12/10/2012 by Damon Caskey
[December 07, 2012, 07:42:42 am]

Cancelled SOR 3d Remake by riccochet
[December 07, 2012, 03:58:33 am]

Dungeon Fighter: B.O.R. by msmalik681
[December 07, 2012, 03:24:27 am]

[TUTORIAL] How to create 4 Games of OpenBOR in 1 CD (650 MB) by magggas
[December 06, 2012, 09:46:25 pm]

custknife by Bloodbane
[December 06, 2012, 09:34:09 pm]

blockfx help by B.Kardi
[December 06, 2012, 04:09:14 pm]

street of age 4 hd by corradlo
[December 06, 2012, 01:41:36 pm]

ClaFan - Classic Fantasy ver 1.17 by soniczxblade
[December 06, 2012, 05:01:20 am]

Bug Archive by Bloodbane
[December 06, 2012, 02:00:44 am]

"Bio-Doom" and "Gears of Doom" by BulletBob
[December 05, 2012, 10:07:21 pm]

Contra Locked 'N' Loaded v2 by Bloodbane
[December 05, 2012, 09:39:43 pm]

Downloadable OpenBoR Manual by BeasTie
[December 05, 2012, 08:31:24 pm]

Having trouble testing changes by B.Kardi
[December 05, 2012, 03:05:53 pm]

DragonBall Absalon by msmalik681
[December 05, 2012, 02:52:13 pm]

[Hi-Res] Swamp by Vibrant
[December 05, 2012, 10:47:14 am]

• Dot Guests: 62
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

Author Topic: Captain Commando mod  (Read 2070 times)

Offline maxman

• I'm a slowpoke in speed.
Captain Commando mod
« on: August 04, 2012, 10:11:23 am »
Hey guys. I remember there was a Captain Commando topic 'round here, but it was removed due to being 60 or 90 days older without being posted. I am renewing the topic.

This is my second mod in progress, and I work on this a little bit lately. Also, the graphics style in the mod will be in MVC style, and having some bulky characters with different styles is allowed especially for the Samurai Showdown ones. There will be storylines that will be made for the mod probably with Manga cutscenes. But I will need a storyboard artist to do Manga style. I will try my best to make it intriguing.

(Still, I don't have right words to say but just implying about my project.)

« Last Edit: September 09, 2012, 06:33:38 am by maxman »
Dragon Duo (W.I.P./Outdated demo (2010 version)) (in progress)
Captain Commando (in progress)
Unelmia: Dreamers' Fate (collaborating with contress/taskmaster) (in progress)

Best OpenBOR mods:Spoiler
1. World Heroes Supreme Justice
2. Golden Axe Myth
3. Art of Fighting: Beats of Rage Remix III
4. A Tale of Vengeance
5. Valdivia Ransom City (demo)
6. Sega Brawlers Megamix
7. Super Fightin Spirit
8. Angel-0

Offline DJGameFreakTheIguana

• Credit to Vyck_St.Judas, Edited by me.
Re: Captain Commando mod
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2012, 01:13:51 pm »
Sweet. Can't wait to be able to plat as Ginzo and Mack they should've been in MvC. I had plans of updating the Commando and Avengers mod, by adding the other commando's to it, and two other marvel heroes, most likely the hulk and spider-man using the war of gems sprites. That was more then a year ago though, lol.

Anyway, can't wait to see this.  ;D

x)

Offline Mr.Din

« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2012, 04:59:34 am »
Cap commando is a no brainer when it comes to his sprites so I assume you'll be starting on him first. Baby Commando was featured in MvC:EoH so maybe you can get permission from the creator there, Mummy Commando was unfinished but maybe the spriter would be willing to donate? no use wasting the time and effort he put into it. As for Ninja commando, as far as I know there's only been a few edits but I'm certain if you can get permission for the latter 2 you'll already have 3 characters ready to program so spriting him would be a small task compared to that. I wish you luck on the project :)

Offline maxman

« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2012, 07:37:57 am »
Yeah. I joined IMT a few years ago. I asked permission from Acey who was probably a coder for Baby Head. I know the spriter who did the Baby Commando was TheAnvil. I might ask Acey again, but this time I would ask him if I'm allowed to use TheAnvil's Baby Head sprites.

Also, I got permission from Kojunho if I could use his Ninja Commando and he gave me a go already. However, having a few edits of his open source is not enough. I need some more sprites be edited. I have the open source of Ginzu though. I might edit Ninja Commando myself on my own like using Guy as base (in some parts), but not sure if I would. In addition, I remember DC suggested me to use Kenji from Red Earth as substitute due to his similar fighting attacks to Ginzu. But my problem is, I can't do the color swapping on the CPS2 style. There's like too many colors in a color table and I can't pick right colors. (Dunno what I would do with 'em.) *Sigh*

Mack. I know the same guy who made Baby Head is still working on him. I haven't heard any from him though. I never message him regarding this project, mostly Baby Head and Mack. Last time I messaged him was, maybe a few days or months after I joined. I was not really specific in PM'ing him. I was scared to. Now, after a few years I've been in Mugen forums, I'm not afraid of asking permission from spriters for permission anymore. Once Mack is done, I will ask permission from him.

BTW I got permission from PrimeOp a few years ago that I could use his sprited Final Fight enemy chars for this mod. I would them as substitute enemies for the demo as I plan.

I can welcome anyone who'd like to help me with this project since I will need sprited characters here especially the bosses. I think the only bosses I don't need to worry to sprite are Blood (mostly) and probably Yamato. Blood will be just simple by using SF3 version of Alex. He's the perfect guy due to appearance, but what's complicating would be his moves to use. Yamato, on the other hand, I might use Kyoshiro, suggested by DC a long time ago, or maybe use Ryofu body with a different head? Not sure I would do though 'cause I have plenty of projects I work on.

2. Golden Axe Myth
4. A Tale of Vengeance
6. Sega Brawlers Megamix
7. Super Fightin Spirit
8. Angel-0

Offline Die_In_Fire

• Where eagles dare!
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2012, 09:36:29 am »
how is the work on this project Maxman? do you have some pics to share?

Offline maxman

« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2012, 09:30:23 pm »
how is the work on this project Maxman?

So far, I have not been progressing in a while but ripping sprites for coding. Also, I have/had been working on Unelmia and Dragon Duo by sprite editing. This time, I will not make alignments for offsets of characters anymore 'cause it's too much work. I've skipped working on the CapCom mod but I work a little bit once in a while. This time, I will work on all of my current projects. I can focus on one if I like.

do you have some pics to share?
Nope. Not for now. I don't have 'em 'cause I haven't progressed it in a while, so are the stages (which I haven't started). If I start it and work on it, I will show 'em.

2. Golden Axe Myth
4. A Tale of Vengeance
6. Sega Brawlers Megamix
7. Super Fightin Spirit
8. Angel-0

Offline agu

« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2012, 11:58:41 am »
I'll wait, wait, and wait, and it will be worth the wait

;)  :laughing:
My main projects:

The Fearless Warriors  Edited Version 2012 (In Progress)

Offline Mr.Din

« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2012, 03:18:04 pm »
Yo Maxman, any luck on getting those permissions? Maybe you should also have a word with Primeop of Scrollboss, he did a few sweet edits of the enemies that can be used as a base.
http://scrollboss.illmosis.net/customsprites.php?g=capcom#captcomm

Not sure if this is a remake but in terms of gameplay, what will you be adding? Will it play like the original?

Offline maxman

« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2012, 05:23:50 pm »
I've seen those edits of CapCom enemies already. If only there were sprite packs of those enemies, I would use 'em. I already talked with PrimeOp years ago. I had permission from him on those though. He said he looks forward to my CapCom mod, but he's way busy with other stuff. He said he likes to help me. Now, we haven't contacted each other for years since. I'll contact him later.

It might be a remake I guess. I might be lazy in adding character sprites including some chars from different games depending on how they look based on the regular enemies of the original game. I might add the four Final Fight enemies to the mod for the demo. Dude, I need enemies and some bosses sprited for Capcom style. Otherwise, I'd use characters from Mugen to fit the project. Speaking of gameplay, I was thinking about making the original, but I think it might be different. I would add my own idea I think. I dunno. We'll see about it.

Mr. Din, there was a Captain Commando thread here I made before. So, just to let you know I reposted this topic (2 years) after it got removed.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2012, 05:16:59 am by maxman »

2. Golden Axe Myth
4. A Tale of Vengeance
6. Sega Brawlers Megamix
7. Super Fightin Spirit
8. Angel-0

Offline Mr.Din

« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2012, 01:20:56 am »
Well he's pretty busy atm with commissions, best way to contact would be the Scrollboss forum. I'd be willing to lend a hand if possible, not sure what music you're going for but I know two composers good at cps2 music who might be thrilled.

FF goons are a good place to start until you've got something solid. I'm sure later in development it won't be an issue to get the standard punks in mvc style.

An update to the gameplay would be nice, replication of the original is a good start maybe add air throws/combos, take some nods from capcoms later games. Just a few suggestions, some small details like environmental effects would be a nice touch.

Cap Commando is a fun game but it felt lacking compared to other capcom beus

Offline maxman

« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2012, 05:48:26 am »
Well he's pretty busy atm with commissions, best way to contact would be the Scrollboss forum. I'd be willing to lend a hand if possible, not sure what music you're going for but I know two composers good at cps2 music who might be thrilled.
I think I signed up for the ScrollBoss forum years ago. My main purpose for joining that site was to have spriting help. You will be more than welcome if you like to help me with this project. :) I can welcome anyone to help. I can wait for you to finish your Final Fight mod. :) Speaking of music, sure I would use CPS2 music and some music that would sound similar to the original Captain Commando tracks. CPS2 music, I know one musician who is so really good with CPS2 composing, WizzyWhipItWonderful. And there's another person who's good on it too but I do not know him. However, I heard about him being talented in that type. OK, speaking of similar music, let's say for example if I use Burnov's theme from the Neo-Geo Double Dragon game for the surfing stage. I have a mod that has a surfing script and I will use it as a reference for coding, but still I know a little bit of script though.

FF goons are a good place to start until you've got something solid. I'm sure later in development it won't be an issue to get the standard punks in mvc style.
OK. FF goons go first for the demo then. So if I start the demo using those guys, maybe anyone will help out sprite enemies for this project. I'm not forcing anyone, but it can be a participation.

An update to the gameplay would be nice, replication of the original is a good start maybe add air throws/combos, take some nods from capcoms later games. Just a few suggestions, some small details like environmental effects would be a nice touch.
I don't know if air throws/combos would work and having Capcom nod on this project. Hmmm... what small details?

Thanks for the suggestions, comments, and ideas, Mr. Din. (Without it, I would not progress well. :laughing:)

2. Golden Axe Myth
4. A Tale of Vengeance
6. Sega Brawlers Megamix
7. Super Fightin Spirit
8. Angel-0

Offline Bloodbane

• Dark Dragon
« Reply #11 on: August 23, 2012, 09:32:20 pm »
 If you want to ease burden of getting sprites, why don't you go with new story and new enemies? with this, you only need to get all members of commando team while you are free with enemies.

Also it would be more interesting if last boss in the mod is not Scumocide ;).
OpenBoR Manual

Basic OpenBoR Tutorials

OpenBoR Tricks & Tutorials

"The more often enemies attack, the more open they are to counter attacks"

Offline Mr.Din

« Reply #12 on: August 24, 2012, 01:10:07 pm »
If you want to ease burden of getting sprites, why don't you go with new story and new enemies? with this, you only need to get all members of commando team while you are free with enemies.

I think that depends on where he wants to go on that. That could also be a work load.

I think I signed up for the ScrollBoss forum years ago. My main purpose for joining that site was to have spriting help. You will be more than welcome if you like to help me with this project. :) I can welcome anyone to help. I can wait for you to finish your Final Fight mod. :)

I frequent those boards quite a bit myself, it's not as lively now days. I'd be glad to help when I can, let me know if you want me to post work in here or just pm it to you. I'm pretty novice at the text/engine work but I sprite quite a lot.

Speaking of music, sure I would use CPS2 music and some music that would sound similar to the original Captain Commando tracks. CPS2 music, I know one musician who is so really good with CPS2 composing, WizzyWhipItWonderful. And there's another person who's good on it too but I do not know him. However, I heard about him being talented in that type.

yeah, wizzy was on of the ones I was referring to, he remixed a couple of tracks for my final fight mods. Genesiskeys is pretty good though I don't speak with him.

OK, speaking of similar music, let's say for example if I use Burnov's theme from the Neo-Geo Double Dragon game for the surfing stage. I have a mod that has a surfing script and I will use it as a reference for coding, but still I know a little bit of script though.

Not sure what you mean here regarding the script.

OK. FF goons go first for the demo then. So if I start the demo using those guys, maybe anyone will help out sprite enemies for this project. I'm not forcing anyone, but it can be a participation.

yeah just build on the characters first, imo they are more important. Goons only have a few animations that need to be done compared to the main players. After a video or two I'm certain people will be ecstatic to help out.

I don't know if air throws/combos would work and having Capcom nod on this project. Hmmm... what small details?
well by nods I mean taking some cool stuff from other capcom beat em ups, Air throws were used in the AvP game which also allowed for combos (well advanced stuff anyway) as for small details, just stuff that can maybe be added later.

Like destructible environment, wall shock etc. I also noticed cap commando had little fatality animations if you slashed with ginzu or mummy commando, maybe you can add some burning death animations or electric death animations. Super moves or Special moves via FF3 would be pretty cool too.

Btw, what will the stages be? If you decide this is a remake will it just be revised versions of the original stages?

Offline maxman

« Reply #13 on: August 25, 2012, 06:21:01 am »
Well. Maybe. We'll see about it. Not so sure if I could use new enemies and a new story though.

The last time we talked about the last boss was when I talked about Bison would fit in the project, but maybe you thought he won't fit. I changed my mind that I'll be using Scumocide if someone is interested in spriting him. If not, I'll be using another one so I'd be making a new story and prob provide some new enemies.

I frequent those boards quite a bit myself, it's not as lively now days. I'd be glad to help when I can, let me know if you want me to post work in here or just pm it to you. I'm pretty novice at the text/engine work but I sprite quite a lot.
Dude, when I went to PrimeOp's forum the last time, it's got the BOR/Openbor section though. I think it exists, but I forgot the old link of it unless I check my last PMs.

yeah, wizzy was on of the ones I was referring to, he remixed a couple of tracks for my final fight mods. Genesiskeys is pretty good though I don't speak with him.
I wonder if I would have the remixes from both the CPS2 composers for this mod.

Not sure what you mean here regarding the script.
Let me show you an introduction to script for Openbor.

http://www.caskeys.com/arc/games/openbor/wiki/index.php?title=Script_Introduction

yeah just build on the characters first, imo they are more important. Goons only have a few animations that need to be done compared to the main players. After a video or two I'm certain people will be ecstatic to help out.
Choosing the moves for characters is so hard. I get lazy to using them for it. Also, I would use the ninjas from Samurai Showdown resembling to them. Even one big char from SEEP's Ikari Warriors mod. Would be interesting, isn't it?

well by nods I mean taking some cool stuff from other capcom beat em ups, Air throws were used in the AvP game which also allowed for combos (well advanced stuff anyway) as for small details, just stuff that can maybe be added later.
I have not tried on air throws/combos though. I don't know how Captain Commando would throw except he does use his aerial shock throw to enemies as you see in MVC series. Also, at first, I thought Capcom would have an attention to this project. :laughing:

Like destructible environment, wall shock etc. I also noticed cap commando had little fatality animations if you slashed with ginzu or mummy commando, maybe you can add some burning death animations or electric death animations. Super moves or Special moves via FF3 would be pretty cool too.
Yeah. Death animations would be okay, even the burn and shock ones. ;) Also, the Super moves you mention, it would be cool to use prob in X-Ism style (in SFA3). I think I might not add some fatality ones, maybe unless I have my dad buy me volume 2 of Captain Commando. I have the volume 1 of the Manga version of Captain Commando though.

Btw, what will the stages be? If you decide this is a remake will it just be revised versions of the original stages?
Yeah. Exactly it will be with the revised versions. We can have a twist of 'em I guess. Probably they can be in a modern world style as we live in.

2. Golden Axe Myth
4. A Tale of Vengeance
6. Sega Brawlers Megamix
7. Super Fightin Spirit
8. Angel-0

Offline maxman

« Reply #14 on: October 16, 2012, 07:39:02 pm »
This is just a simple lifebar I made on my own from scratch based on both bars ; one from X-Men VS Street Fighter (above) and one from X-Men: Mutant Apocalypse. Actually the two lifebars I attached are not really fancy looking, but just to show the idea of my project would look like. I post here to ask which custom lifebar would fit better for this project. Otherwise, aside of/ besides the attachment below, if you have any idea of what lifebar you find that is interesting for this, let me know.

EDIT: Sorry. I forgot to tell you this. The one from the left, the top is for the power meter while the bottom is for the name. The one on the right, the top is for the name while the bottom is for the power meter.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2012, 09:23:24 pm by maxman »

2. Golden Axe Myth
4. A Tale of Vengeance
6. Sega Brawlers Megamix
7. Super Fightin Spirit
8. Angel-0

0%

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal