Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

What openbor you prefer: Double dragon,battletoads or final fight !? by lirexpatrio
[December 07, 2012, 07:15:27 pm]

what are your favorite games OpenBOR?! by lirexpatrio
[December 07, 2012, 07:09:46 pm]

Post Some Awesome Videos by maxman
[December 07, 2012, 05:51:39 pm]

Can @cmd playmusic "aaaa" 1 also increse music sound ? by BeasTie
[December 07, 2012, 05:24:38 pm]

Streets of Rage: Silent Storm by mtrain
[December 07, 2012, 03:45:05 pm]

Site will be down for maintenance on 12/8/2012 thru 12/10/2012 by Damon Caskey
[December 07, 2012, 07:42:42 am]

Cancelled SOR 3d Remake by riccochet
[December 07, 2012, 03:58:33 am]

Dungeon Fighter: B.O.R. by msmalik681
[December 07, 2012, 03:24:27 am]

[TUTORIAL] How to create 4 Games of OpenBOR in 1 CD (650 MB) by magggas
[December 06, 2012, 09:46:25 pm]

custknife by Bloodbane
[December 06, 2012, 09:34:09 pm]

blockfx help by B.Kardi
[December 06, 2012, 04:09:14 pm]

street of age 4 hd by corradlo
[December 06, 2012, 01:41:36 pm]

ClaFan - Classic Fantasy ver 1.17 by soniczxblade
[December 06, 2012, 05:01:20 am]

Bug Archive by Bloodbane
[December 06, 2012, 02:00:44 am]

"Bio-Doom" and "Gears of Doom" by BulletBob
[December 05, 2012, 10:07:21 pm]

Contra Locked 'N' Loaded v2 by Bloodbane
[December 05, 2012, 09:39:43 pm]

Downloadable OpenBoR Manual by BeasTie
[December 05, 2012, 08:31:24 pm]

Having trouble testing changes by B.Kardi
[December 05, 2012, 03:05:53 pm]

DragonBall Absalon by msmalik681
[December 05, 2012, 02:52:13 pm]

[Hi-Res] Swamp by Vibrant
[December 05, 2012, 10:47:14 am]

• Dot Guests: 10
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

Author Topic: Final Fantasy Arcade  (Read 2619 times)

Offline Hodgypointspeaks

Final Fantasy Arcade
« on: September 04, 2012, 05:01:11 pm »
This is a mod of a mod from NickyP's Final Fantasy Battle system demo. What I'm planing to do is expand the mod in to real game by adding more enemies, bosses, classes, and other stuff.

This is my plan so far
+Up to 15 Class to choose from(12 are already in game)
+A possible Level up system
+Past Bosses and enemies from FF 1-6
+A ton of enemies to fight
+An easy to learn fighting system that uses 5 buttons
+Up to four players can play at once
+An Adventure mode that'll resemble the older games
+Arcade mode
+Boss Rush
+Special challenge modes
and more!

If you want to help out I would really appreciate that. Just Pm me for further details.
I'm currently looking for:
Spriters (to help me sprite the enemies faster)
Graphic artists
Writers

I'm just trying to make a final fantasy-ish game for Bor

Videos of what I've done so far:
New enemies
http://youtu.be/fdLs6R5APEg

Boss rush
http://youtu.be/T_7W9Qgv9qY

Challenge mode(Astos)
http://youtu.be/pHymSXTKxfE

Ifrit Boss battle with a few new animations
http://youtu.be/zZ8HC6UQO80

I hope I can learn alot from you guys and I also hope you'll give me some great feedback I'll post a demo
sometime in the future.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2012, 08:59:37 pm by Hodgypointspeaks »

Offline NickyP

• You know, that guy with the pet drum?
    • Personal OpenBOR site.
Re: Final Fantasy Battle system demo(Other name: Final Fantasy Arcade)
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2012, 05:32:14 pm »
Thanks to your interest Hodgy, I went back and looked at my Data folder.. only to realize I made a whole lot of new stuff since my last release! So I released my latest version here. Hope you find it useful.

Offline Hodgypointspeaks

« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2012, 06:09:04 pm »
Thanks to your interest Hodgy, I went back and looked at my Data folder.. only to realize I made a whole lot of new stuff since my last release! So I released my latest version here. Hope you find it useful.

Thanks man I'll be sure to add it

Offline Bloodbane

• Dark Dragon
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2012, 12:33:59 am »
 That's some project you have there!
 Good luck!

Though I hardly recommend you to use scripts for this mod simply because this is different genre and system. Not to mention the extra modes you are going to add.
OpenBoR Manual

Basic OpenBoR Tutorials

OpenBoR Tricks & Tutorials

"The more often enemies attack, the more open they are to counter attacks"

Offline Hodgypointspeaks

« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2012, 03:34:57 am »
That's some project you have there!
 Good luck!

Though I hardly recommend you to use scripts for this mod simply because this is different genre and system. Not to mention the extra modes you are going to add.

Thanks man. I'm trying to get the basics down since I'm still learning Openbor. Adding magic attacks and other stuff is going to be hard but I like a challenge so I'm all for it. Hopefully people will help me along the way to make my path a bit easier when start to code the really hard stuff (maps for adventure).

Offline NickyP

• Personal OpenBOR site.
Re: Final Fantasy Arcade
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2012, 07:35:25 am »
I just want to throw out there that you'll have a hard time creating an adventure type mode... this mod is hardwired specifically to simulate the FF battle system.

To be honest, you actually picked the wrong mod to learn how to code for OpenBOR :laughing: I made this using clever manipulation of commands and scripts. Definitely not beginner-level work!

Offline Hodgypointspeaks

« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2012, 08:16:58 pm »
I just want to throw out there that you'll have a hard time creating an adventure type mode... this mod is hardwired specifically to simulate the FF battle system.

To be honest, you actually picked the wrong mod to learn how to code for OpenBOR :laughing: I made this using clever manipulation of commands and scripts. Definitely not beginner-level work!

True I was have a rough time at first but once I started to get how the entities  were coded, it started to make sense. My Ice Beast enemy was the first I coded with a magic attack using the freespecial method which came out alright(Knowing that I started this 3 or 4 days ago) as far as the scripting goes I can really learn from other mods and people to create something of my own

Offline NickyP

• Personal OpenBOR site.
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2012, 08:27:29 pm »
Well that's good, I'm glad I inspired you to learn the engine. You're free to do what you want with the mod, as long as you give me credit somewhere in it. :) It took a lot of hard work/thinking to put it together, after all.

In fact, if you want, we could even collaborate once you learn more. I make a boss, you make a boss, etc. Of course with law school and all, I don't always have time to do anything (much less code), so I can't promise much. But it's an idea.

Offline Hodgypointspeaks

« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2012, 08:57:33 pm »
Well that's good, I'm glad I inspired you to learn the engine. You're free to do what you want with the mod, as long as you give me credit somewhere in it. :) It took a lot of hard work/thinking to put it together, after all.

In fact, if you want, we could even collaborate once you learn more. I make a boss, you make a boss, etc. Of course with law school and all, I don't always have time to do anything (much less code), so I can't promise much. But it's an idea.

I really really like this idea. We should do Collaboration it'll be a great way for me to learn more scripts and stuff. I will credit you that's the least I can do with you helping me and creating this wonderful engine! Hopefully I'll have some more enemies to show by the end of the day so you can see some progress.

Offline Hodgypointspeaks

« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2012, 12:39:35 pm »
Not to sure if I can double post on my own topic but I made some progress

http://youtu.be/pHymSXTKxfE
^ I modified him for challenge mode and as you'll see he has more magic attacks and is much faster
So far I've coded 10 enemies and one boss(which you might see later) and I plan on getting a few more in before releasing a mini test demo. I'll have to bugtest too so if anyone is interested in testing send me a PM or post here

Offline Damon Caskey

• The Gorge
« Reply #10 on: September 06, 2012, 02:28:18 pm »
Double posts are no big deal unless it's just spam. Common sense applies. :)

DC
OpenBOR Wiki.

Coming Soon:
Spoiler
Fatal Fury Chronicals

Offline Hodgypointspeaks

« Reply #11 on: September 07, 2012, 02:14:23 am »
Ah ok cool! I thought it would be different on this forum. Well I I have an update
http://youtu.be/z1LqkO-EBSQ

One of the hardest challenges I made so far. I'll make a few more enemies (Some for stage 6 and Some Challenge only enemies), maybe a Challenge only boss, and some more spells. I may try to figure out a map function so I could get some mapping done for adventure mode and possibly make challenge mode a free choice mode rather than a series of battles. If anyone can suggest a better sprite editing program than Paint.net please let me know. Until then I'll probably give my next update this weekend or next week once I figure out the map thing.

Offline Hodgypointspeaks

« Reply #12 on: September 07, 2012, 06:42:02 pm »

The newest character I'm working on! The Esper class will use strong magic attacks and have regain but the down side is that she only have magic based attacks so MP will drain really heavy. She'll also be slower than normal characters and she has no potion or cure attacks to keep her Hp from dropping fast. She may have the most damage output in the game(magic wise). I'll post a vid sometime soon showing her off and stuff. She'll be an unlockable

Offline NickyP

• Personal OpenBOR site.
« Reply #13 on: September 07, 2012, 08:08:23 pm »
I like the idea, but you'll have a small problem. Even if you make it cost MP, the engine will never deduct MP for using anim attack1. You'll have to disable it and set the Attack1 button to a freespecial.... which is more trouble than its worth.

Perhaps if you replaced Tornado with Holy, and gave her a normal attack?

Offline Hodgypointspeaks

« Reply #14 on: September 07, 2012, 08:46:32 pm »
I like the idea, but you'll have a small problem. Even if you make it cost MP, the engine will never deduct MP for using anim attack1. You'll have to disable it and set the Attack1 button to a freespecial.... which is more trouble than its worth.

Perhaps if you replaced Tornado with Holy, and gave her a normal attack?

Hmm I see... That troublesome indeed because I want the character to be a solely magic character.. you then if I added a weak magic spell in the form of attack one it won't be broken? I'm really trying to find ways around not having a normal attack with this character since she's an unlockable
« Last Edit: September 08, 2012, 01:04:40 am by Hodgypointspeaks »

0%

mighty
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal