Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

What openbor you prefer: Double dragon,battletoads or final fight !? by lirexpatrio
[December 07, 2012, 07:15:27 pm]

what are your favorite games OpenBOR?! by lirexpatrio
[December 07, 2012, 07:09:46 pm]

Post Some Awesome Videos by maxman
[December 07, 2012, 05:51:39 pm]

Can @cmd playmusic "aaaa" 1 also increse music sound ? by BeasTie
[December 07, 2012, 05:24:38 pm]

Streets of Rage: Silent Storm by mtrain
[December 07, 2012, 03:45:05 pm]

Site will be down for maintenance on 12/8/2012 thru 12/10/2012 by Damon Caskey
[December 07, 2012, 07:42:42 am]

Cancelled SOR 3d Remake by riccochet
[December 07, 2012, 03:58:33 am]

Dungeon Fighter: B.O.R. by msmalik681
[December 07, 2012, 03:24:27 am]

[TUTORIAL] How to create 4 Games of OpenBOR in 1 CD (650 MB) by magggas
[December 06, 2012, 09:46:25 pm]

custknife by Bloodbane
[December 06, 2012, 09:34:09 pm]

blockfx help by B.Kardi
[December 06, 2012, 04:09:14 pm]

street of age 4 hd by corradlo
[December 06, 2012, 01:41:36 pm]

ClaFan - Classic Fantasy ver 1.17 by soniczxblade
[December 06, 2012, 05:01:20 am]

Bug Archive by Bloodbane
[December 06, 2012, 02:00:44 am]

"Bio-Doom" and "Gears of Doom" by BulletBob
[December 05, 2012, 10:07:21 pm]

Contra Locked 'N' Loaded v2 by Bloodbane
[December 05, 2012, 09:39:43 pm]

Downloadable OpenBoR Manual by BeasTie
[December 05, 2012, 08:31:24 pm]

Having trouble testing changes by B.Kardi
[December 05, 2012, 03:05:53 pm]

DragonBall Absalon by msmalik681
[December 05, 2012, 02:52:13 pm]

[Hi-Res] Swamp by Vibrant
[December 05, 2012, 10:47:14 am]

• Dot Guests: 154
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

Author Topic: The Simpsons  (Read 4794 times)

Offline nsw25

• My latest films official facebook page
The Simpsons
« on: September 14, 2012, 04:00:30 am »
Hi guys just wanted to let you all know my next project is one that people have been wanting in Openbor... A Simpsons game ! now that ive discovered the MUGEN ripping feature in OpenBor stats i am using some of the simpsons, futurama and Family guy sprites to make a great game with awesome graphics and one that pays homage to the original arcade classic. its a pretty big project and alot of work but should be fun when its done

The story synopsis is Aliens invade springfield and abduct most of the town, its up to Homer to stop them. The aliens send out robots from the future (bender lol) and other enemies to assit them, but in the end it will be revealed the true master mind behind it all is Peter Griffin who wants to be top dog in the animated tv stakes :)

What do you guys think ?

Also if other people want to help make characters or scripts or something thatd be good, could be a group project... or im happy to do it all myself.

Ive started already and will have some screen shots up soon
« Last Edit: September 15, 2012, 07:55:53 am by MatMan »
My current project: Simpsons treehouse of horror
My very first mod: Evil dead 2 redux

Offline Bloodbane

• Dark Dragon
Re: New game project: The Simpsosns
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2012, 04:47:26 am »
 Hmmm... I wonder why only Homer is playable?

Also would this be similar to Simpson's arcade?
OpenBoR Manual

Basic OpenBoR Tutorials

OpenBoR Tricks & Tutorials

"The more often enemies attack, the more open they are to counter attacks"

Offline nsw25

« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2012, 04:55:54 am »
Hmmm... I wonder why only Homer is playable?

Also would this be similar to Simpson's arcade?
will be homer at first then other characters will be unlocked... Or if i get on a roll i may add more playable characters from the get go.

Yeah want it to have some levels of old simpsons arcade, but story, levels and enemies wont be anything like original plus will have cool moves. I will have some of the sounds and some of the levels put in it for nostalgia, have to tweak them to scale them right, got some from the simpsons demo on OpenBor from ages ago, been fixing those to make doors bigger and levels taller for the video resolution and chars im using

one thing i need help on is understanding how to place enemies on levels properly, i keep fiddling with it but sometimes they fall from the sky and other times the map wont gpo further and they groups keep coming at same spot and dont go further along the map.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2012, 08:10:15 am by nsw25 »

Offline nsw25

« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2012, 08:31:37 am »
if someone could look at the attached level file and explain what im doing wrong itd be great

FYI level is 4000x293

heres the level file im testing on. Issues im having

too many enemies on screen at once
level doesnt have enemies to beat up then move across screen before next wave

want to beat up small groups and slowly work way to end, read the manual couple of times and thought i got the hang of it... but was wrong
« Last Edit: September 14, 2012, 05:39:11 pm by nsw25 »

Offline NickyP

• You know, that guy with the pet drum?
    • Personal OpenBOR site.
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2012, 03:10:07 pm »
now that ive discovered the MUGEN ripping feature in OpenBor stats

Whoa wait, what? Openborstats does that? What does it do, like, rip sprites with offsets? If so.... God, that would just save SO much time...! Now I have to look into that!

Oh yeah, uh, good luck on your project by the way.  :laughing:

Offline nsw25

« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2012, 10:41:04 pm »
now that ive discovered the MUGEN ripping feature in OpenBor stats

Whoa wait, what? Openborstats does that? What does it do, like, rip sprites with offsets? If so.... God, that would just save SO much time...! Now I have to look into that!

Oh yeah, uh, good luck on your project by the way.  :laughing:

Yup with offsets :)

Hey can you help me out and look at the level file above, im doing something wrong cos enemies come in huge swarms and level doesnt move forward sometimes and other times lets me run across whole level before stopping and making me fight waves...

since i cant work it out ive had to resort to copying other pre existing level files and tweaking them, would really like to know how to do them right from scratch.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2012, 03:33:30 am by nsw25 »

Offline nsw25

« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2012, 03:34:40 am »
Heres some screenshots of my mod thats in development being played on PSP

Offline Die_In_Fire

• Where eagles dare!
« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2012, 04:38:23 am »
what happened with evil dead mod?

Offline trebean

• I am Megaman
« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2012, 04:56:24 am »
Bender should instead be a secret unlockable character, you can edit his sprite though to make him look less like Bender and more Generic Robot Minion like though

Offline nsw25

« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2012, 05:45:15 am »
my evil dead mod is done for now. Im waiting for more feedback, reviews etc then ill do a sequel or add more to it.

Offline Die_In_Fire

• Where eagles dare!
« Reply #10 on: September 15, 2012, 05:49:38 am »
my evil dead mod is done for now. Im waiting for more feedback, reviews etc then ill do a sequel or add more to it.
but did you add the extra sprites for Ash?? You asked lot of stuff to apply to that mod, lot of your questions were answered, before waiting more feedback you should work on that part first.

about the Simpsons mod, it looks pretty good. But if you don't correct the stuff on Evil Dead mod, you are likely to repeat the mistakes. Hope I can be prove wrong tough.

Edit: it's good as you are making new enemies for the Simpsons mod, if you see something works fine, you can add or alter something on the Evil Dead mod. So take the positive things you accomplish on Simpsons to then apply to Evil Dead mod.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2012, 05:51:16 am by Die_In_Fire »

Offline nsw25

« Reply #11 on: September 15, 2012, 06:15:05 am »
but did you add the extra sprites for Ash?? You asked lot of stuff to apply to that mod, lot of your questions were answered, before waiting more feedback you should work on that part first.

about the Simpsons mod, it looks pretty good. But if you don't correct the stuff on Evil Dead mod, you are likely to repeat the mistakes. Hope I can be prove wrong tough.

Edit: it's good as you are making new enemies for the Simpsons mod, if you see something works fine, you can add or alter something on the Evil Dead mod. So take the positive things you accomplish on Simpsons to then apply to Evil Dead mod.

yeah lots of questions were answered for evil dead mod which i used to improve that game alot. Im happy with how it is now, there were a few other questions i asked that werent answered due to being 'too complicated' or 'requiring scripting' so ill see if i can learn and impliment some new stuff in this simpsons game then ill add those type of things to my next evil dead game.

I have all of ashs sprites but cant mix his existing sprites with the new sprites, need to redo him all from scratch just to get a few more animations i wanted so ill leave that work for a sequel game, practicing my new character making from scratch with these MUGEN chars and as i get faster and better ill return to Ash (may do a freddy vs jason vs ash game or something cool once i eventually get enough skills)

Offline nsw25

« Reply #12 on: September 15, 2012, 06:20:34 am »
Bender should instead be a secret unlockable character, you can edit his sprite though to make him look less like Bender and more Generic Robot Minion like though

yeah i have done 3 remaps for kang and will do 3 remaps for Bender (saving his original colour for a playable version) each remap has different moves and fighting style to keep it fresh

may set the game up like a treehouse of horror episode, where each stage represents a new mini story- but they all have a tie in plot where the real protagonists are Family guy chars which slowly reveal themselves through levels.

if anyone wants to help me making levels or help add scripting etc thatd be great- i can send what ive got so far to anyone keen to help out

Offline NickyP

• You know, that guy with the pet drum?
    • Personal OpenBOR site.
« Reply #13 on: September 15, 2012, 10:24:46 am »
Hey can you help me out and look at the level file above, im doing something wrong cos enemies come in huge swarms and level doesnt move forward sometimes and other times lets me run across whole level before stopping and making me fight waves..

From what I'm seeing you're making one little noob mistake (which I made years ago); you aren't using waits, and when you do, they aren't in pairs. The wait command in a level should be used like so..

wait
at 400

spawn dude
coords 100 100
at 400

wait
at 400

When you put the same wait at the beginning and end of an enemy group, that's how the engine splits it up into segments.

Also, your enemy placement is way off. You had enemies placed at 0 after spawning enemies at 200... something which throws the engine way out of whack. In fact, you seem to do that all over the place in the level... Remember that the at command in levels is supposed to be the point in the stage at which the player will be. Enemies spawned at 400 will come on the screen when the player walks 400 pixels forward from the starting point. If you want enemies to be placed towards the edge of the screen or so, you do that with the coords command, not the at command.

I've fixed your level01.txt and attached it, take a look to see if you understand the difference. Note that I didn't change the coords, just the waits and ats.

Offline nedflandeurse

• A.K.A. NED
Re: The Simpsons
« Reply #14 on: September 15, 2012, 05:29:49 pm »
Very good idea to use these different sprites.
Is Warner from mugen) aware of this project?

Also, I hope you'll have some big ennemies to be used with these big homer sprites.
Good luck.

Very promising.

0%

mighty
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal