Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

What openbor you prefer: Double dragon,battletoads or final fight !? by lirexpatrio
[December 07, 2012, 07:15:27 pm]

what are your favorite games OpenBOR?! by lirexpatrio
[December 07, 2012, 07:09:46 pm]

Post Some Awesome Videos by maxman
[December 07, 2012, 05:51:39 pm]

Can @cmd playmusic "aaaa" 1 also increse music sound ? by BeasTie
[December 07, 2012, 05:24:38 pm]

Streets of Rage: Silent Storm by mtrain
[December 07, 2012, 03:45:05 pm]

Site will be down for maintenance on 12/8/2012 thru 12/10/2012 by Damon Caskey
[December 07, 2012, 07:42:42 am]

Cancelled SOR 3d Remake by riccochet
[December 07, 2012, 03:58:33 am]

Dungeon Fighter: B.O.R. by msmalik681
[December 07, 2012, 03:24:27 am]

[TUTORIAL] How to create 4 Games of OpenBOR in 1 CD (650 MB) by magggas
[December 06, 2012, 09:46:25 pm]

custknife by Bloodbane
[December 06, 2012, 09:34:09 pm]

blockfx help by B.Kardi
[December 06, 2012, 04:09:14 pm]

street of age 4 hd by corradlo
[December 06, 2012, 01:41:36 pm]

ClaFan - Classic Fantasy ver 1.17 by soniczxblade
[December 06, 2012, 05:01:20 am]

Bug Archive by Bloodbane
[December 06, 2012, 02:00:44 am]

"Bio-Doom" and "Gears of Doom" by BulletBob
[December 05, 2012, 10:07:21 pm]

Contra Locked 'N' Loaded v2 by Bloodbane
[December 05, 2012, 09:39:43 pm]

Downloadable OpenBoR Manual by BeasTie
[December 05, 2012, 08:31:24 pm]

Having trouble testing changes by B.Kardi
[December 05, 2012, 03:05:53 pm]

DragonBall Absalon by msmalik681
[December 05, 2012, 02:52:13 pm]

[Hi-Res] Swamp by Vibrant
[December 05, 2012, 10:47:14 am]

• Dot Guests: 7
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

Author Topic: Golden Axe Myth  (Read 25988 times)

Offline DJGameFreakTheIguana

• Credit to Vyck_St.Judas, Edited by me.
Re: Golden Axe Myth
« Reply #30 on: April 27, 2011, 09:13:52 pm »
This mod is using secure pak DJ so I don't think it's using old borpak.exe.
Is that why it said .spk instead of .pak? Well that answers that question, but how did everyone else play it and not me? Unless it's because I didn't use the OpenBOR version included with the mod of course....

Final stage.

I fall into a pit.

Respaw over the pit.

I fall into a pit...

Over and over and over... every continue wasted  :'(

Oh man, it's BWWD's Battletoads all over again.....  :oops:

X)

Offline utunnels

• Developer
« Reply #31 on: April 27, 2011, 09:21:08 pm »
Haha, yeah, that happened in the fish stage too. Fortunately I didn't lose all the credits.

BTW, I need a little strategy suggestion against the final boss's second form using Ax Battler. It seems trading hits with him doesn't work as nicely as Gilius the Dwarf.And I have problems dodging his stomp attack.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2011, 09:26:06 pm by utunnels »

Offline DarkEyez

« Reply #32 on: April 27, 2011, 10:56:18 pm »
played it on psp slim 3342 and it lags

Same here. Lowering the clock speed seemed to help a little but...only a little. Weird because it runs so smoothly, even loads up real fast, until the game actually starts.

Offline Crimefighters2

• Double Dragon Advance, kicks ***.
« Reply #33 on: April 28, 2011, 07:48:46 am »
Well I had some problems with my Internet so it took me a while to download it. But it was def worth the wait. The presentation is really, really impressive. I love the awesome sprites, music, gameplay etc fantastic!?

So many details, secrets and fun.

It feels like GA 2 arcade style and it is still pretty cool even tho I prefer GA1 style. It's the best GA fan game I ever played and I think it is a worthy addition to the real series.

It does have just a few flaws tho, I understand that you are probably not going to update and I can live with that. Just a few glitches here and there

Flaws. The <- ->+a1 move just doesn't feel responsive enough I'd much rather prefer a1 + jump. Why does Gilus get a extra move but nobody else does?

The Tyris head is not a good fit, it looks kinda goofy, the enemy women are much better looking. She has a really big unibrow and it is very unsettling.

Oh I wish the fatalities would happen in normal combat instead of only with magic? I don't use magic that much and they're so cool it's a pity to only see them here and there.

I unlocked the secret charas but I can't play them in a new game. :( Only unlocked Classic when I beat the game but then it crashed.

I would have like to have seen a hard mode. The skeletons don't seem aggressive enough.

The bad brother charas seem slightly unfair they have a 3d throw, they can throw you while you are comboing them?

questions
Is the magic system like GA1 or Genesis GA, I'd prefer Genesis GA sometimes when I want a breather I use 1 magic but if I have a boss I'll stock up. It's really sad to use a cool special on 2 thugs because you want to save a life.

What does money do? Is it important?

Are there lots of secrets I found cronos, really cool but anything else like that?

Is there a penalty for killing NPC?

Anyway thanks very much for the game GA Myth team, it's really fantastic a must download. I give it 9/10 I love it. Even tho it has a few flaws it still pretty darn good, it really is a pity you won't release a directors cut or something like that maybe a year down the line or something? Well thanks anyway, may you live long and prosper!
Play Crime Busters latest version, Nightslashers X, 8man and Return of Double Dragon.

Offline baritonomarchetto77

« Reply #34 on: April 28, 2011, 08:35:18 am »
Thank you for the post: it gives me the opportunity to answer some questions that have been raised by other guys here and on the facebook page:

Quote from: Crimefighters2

Flaws. The <- ->+a1 move just doesn't feel responsive enough I'd much rather prefer a1 + jump. Why does Gilus get a extra move but nobody else does?

Each chara has extra moves: someone has <- ->+a1, somone has up, down+a1. I have no problem using that combination of buttons and use those moves A LOT (and i will explain you why later ;)) without problem. It must be a problem of your controller, not of the game. This is specified in the "How To Play".
(Gilius and Chronos have another "extra" move,a special jump attack, but this will not be explained because it's a gift for peple who followed the WIP topic...)

The Tyris head is not a good fit, it looks kinda goofy, the enemy women are much better looking. She has a really big unibrow and it is very unsettling.
everithing on the modding part (essentially the part i worked on) can be criticized (and has been), but the pixel art is probably the best we have ever seen here around... and Tyris is PERFECT in my opinion

Oh I wish the fatalities would happen in normal combat instead of only with magic? I don't use magic that much and they're so cool it's a pity to only see them here and there.
fatalities indeed HAPPEN during normal combat
Spoiler
- performing special attacks
- performing run jump attacks
;)

I unlocked the secret charas but I can't play them in a new game. :( Only unlocked Classic when I beat the game but then it crashed.
Secret charas are NOT UNLOCKED but they JOIN THE PARTY at a certain level: they are not intended to be there when you start the game again.

I would have like to have seen a hard mode. The skeletons don't seem aggressive enough.
it will not surprise you if i tell you that someone told me the game is too easy :D

The bad brother charas seem slightly unfair they have a 3d throw, they can throw you while you are comboing them?
Yes, they can

Is the magic system like GA1 or Genesis GA, I'd prefer Genesis GA sometimes when I want a breather I use 1 magic but if I have a boss I'll stock up. It's really sad to use a cool special on 2 thugs because you want to save a life.

Right. The game in first instance was designed to allow the selection of the magic level. The Rage condition was authomatic and started instantly after  getting a rage potion or instantly fter fulfilling the rage bar. I had a feedback from Anallyst (he was fixing a problem on the engine that was affecting GAMyth then i decided to give him a copy of the game... and he fixed it almost instantly... thanx man!) who noticed that triggering the rage at will would be better... he was right! Triggering it at will gave a higher tactical approach and higher importance to one of the original features we had introduced in the game. In my opinion, at that point, controlling the level of magics was intricating the gameplay too much (the game wants to be "casual" and "old style" as much as possible... forget we are all Call of Duty champions ;))

What does money do? Is it important?
lives and credits

Are there lots of secrets I found cronos, really cool but anything else like that?
Well, enemies have different attacks in dependence to the level they are so you can see some different attack, cards shows random arts from Oscar and Rosita, if you finish the game there's an hidden level... want more? (maybe i forget something)

Is there a penalty for killing NPC?
Yes if you did not get the potion before killing them you will not collect that potion :)

Anyway thanks very much for the game GA Myth team, it's really fantastic a must download. I give it 9/10 I love it. Even tho it has a few flaws it still pretty darn good, it really is a pity you won't release a directors cut or something like that maybe a year down the line or something? Well thanks anyway, may you live long and prosper!

Thank you and all the people having fun with this with the consciousness that this is a fan game and that the finality was that all the members should have have fun during the development (you do not work on it for more than 3 years if your goal is to produce a game for something like your glory or ego or whatever ;)...)

I hope that people understand that it is impossible to satisfy everione (we recorded more or less 20000 downloads up to now...) and that it's sometimes annoying to see that some aspect that indeed DO WORK is overhelmed by some, inevitable, flaw.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2011, 08:38:48 am by baritonomarchetto77 »

Offline DarkEyez

« Reply #35 on: April 28, 2011, 10:09:39 am »
I hope that people understand that it is impossible to satisfy everione (we recorded more or less 20000 downloads up to now...) and that it's sometimes annoying to see that some aspect that indeed DO WORK is overhelmed by some, inevitable, flaw.

btw, just wanna say it was an awesome game from the little I played on my laptop. Playing on my PSP would just be sweeter cuz it may be the only way I'll ever play it entirely. As a standalone game, though, pretty amazing.

« Reply #36 on: April 28, 2011, 11:47:10 am »
Golden Axe Myth have been tested on Openbor 3342 Windows version: it's not intended to run on other platforms other than PCs and using it with other builds will probably give problems.

Having a bunch of scripts the game is relatively heavy to run also on some PC so it reasonably runs in NO handleds

Offline Crimefighters2

• Double Dragon Advance, kicks ***.
« Reply #37 on: April 28, 2011, 12:44:50 pm »

Each chara has extra moves: someone has <- ->+a1, somone has up, down+a1. I have no problem using that combination of buttons and use those moves A LOT (and i will explain you why later ;)) without problem. It must be a problem of your controller, not of the game. This is specified in the "How To Play".
(Gilius and Chronos have another "extra" move,a special jump attack, but this will not be explained because it's a gift for peple who followed the WIP topic...)

Maybe I just have the timing wrong, well I will work on it.

everithing on the modding part (essentially the part i worked on) can be criticized (and has been), but the pixel art is probably the best we have ever seen here around... and Tyris is PERFECT in my opinion

Well she is the only sprite that looks a little off to me, but everyone else looks so awesome, I really love the sprites some are really big and detailed so well, also they have a lot of frames too, something that is amiss in some mods that use unique sprites, really well done. * I still wish for a Tyris pallet swap option someday but I can also live without it, at least her body looks great lol. *

it will not surprise you if i tell you that someone told me the game is too easy :D

I would say the story mode is fair, everytime I play the game I get a little better or learn the enemies strategies, would like just a little more difficulty in some parts but it is still very fun to play.I doubt they've tired to beat duel mode yet? That seems like more than a challenge? Only got to round 8 I think so far.

Yes, they can

Well I suppose it does make them a bit intimidating which can be good I guess. Harpies too, esp when there are a lot of them, yikes.

Well, enemies have different attacks in dependence to the level they are so you can see some different attack, cards shows random arts from Oscar and Rosita, if you finish the game there's an hidden level... want more? (maybe i forget something)

Awh it crashed when I beat it so I'm a bit worried about that happening again but I'll def give it more than a few chances. Cool it does seem like there are many secrets, I have found quite a few, can't wait to find more.

if you do not get the potion before killing them you will not collect that potion :)

Ah that guy is such a neat touch, I love the way he slowly walks  past you while he's dying lol, looks so funny too, lol.

Thank you and all the people having fun with this with the consciousness that this is a fan game and that the finality was that all the members should have have fun during the development (you do not work on it for more than 3 years if your goal is to produce a game for something like your glory or ego or whatever ;)...)

QFT

Great job baritonomarchetto77 you've really come far as a modder, I can't thank you guys enough for this great game. Thanks for answering all my questions too, it will make my next playthrough a lot easier.

I also noticed you guys gave a lot props to lavalit and senile which is really nice to see, this mod should hopefully get more people interested in obor! :)
« Last Edit: April 28, 2011, 12:49:24 pm by Crimefighters2 »
Play Crime Busters latest version, Nightslashers X, 8man and Return of Double Dragon.

« Reply #38 on: April 28, 2011, 01:31:03 pm »
 :)

For what concerns crashes, please if someone experience a crash save the log files on the "logs" folder and try to be as much detailed as possible: the game will not be updated or fixed, but maybe some indication will be usefull for the engine itself (i have the sensation that crashes are mainly due to PC limits, but i am curios to give them a look)

Offline DarkEyez

« Reply #39 on: April 28, 2011, 04:43:38 pm »
Golden Axe Myth have been tested on Openbor 3342 Windows version: it's not intended to run on other platforms other than PCs and using it with other builds will probably give problems.

Having a bunch of scripts the game is relatively heavy to run also on some PC so it reasonably runs in NO handleds

=-(  Price to pay for awesomeness, I guess. Alas...

Offline DJGameFreakTheIguana

• Credit to Vyck_St.Judas, Edited by me.
« Reply #40 on: April 28, 2011, 05:20:46 pm »
Ok, I was finally able to start the game last night, turns out my problem was that I wasn't using the included version of OpenBOR. Anyway, I tried to play it, but it ran very slowly, to the point it was basically lagging. I don't know what it is, but my PC isn't handling openbor(or anything for that matter) like it use to, even my mods are running slower. I'll have to try to catch my PC at a time when it's running a little faster to play this.

X)

Offline Pierwolf

• Pierwolf's Magic chamber of abstract theories about relativity of Karma and metempsychosis
« Reply #41 on: April 29, 2011, 09:37:31 am »
great work here, i'd like to share some thougths about this game in our mother-language:

ragazzi, che dire, lavoro stupendo, professionale e accurato.

offset, bboxes, tutto perfetto. ? davvero giunta l'ora che impari anche io ad usare gli scripts, avete aggiunto tante piccole chicche favolose che voglio imparare ad implementare anche io nei miei mod.

grazie ragazzi, siete una meravigliosa fonte d'ispirazione.

keep up the good work!  :cheers!: :cheers!: :cheers!:
« Last Edit: April 29, 2011, 09:40:57 am by Pierwolf »
My current project:

Knights & Dragons: The Endless Quest - COMPLETE!

Offline Oscar

• GOLDENAXEMYTH.COM
« Reply #42 on: April 29, 2011, 03:01:41 pm »
Thank you pierwolf :D

Grazie PierLupo :D

Commenti come i tuoi ci riempiono di gioia!

Offline blazefeilding27

« Reply #43 on: April 30, 2011, 11:36:35 am »
Played this mod very good but I hate the art style look too much like mugen witch is horrible the game it self is good but very easy got through it in 1 life using tyrius flare there is a little problem with the collision detection as well in this game. Hey  djgamefreak i suggest you run a registry error software to clean up the registry defrag and run and run a virus checker and delete temporay uneeded temporay folders and file witch can help speed up the computer.

« Reply #44 on: May 11, 2011, 02:14:56 pm »
hey, we are cutting posts here  :-[

0%

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal