Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

What openbor you prefer: Double dragon,battletoads or final fight !? by lirexpatrio
[December 07, 2012, 07:15:27 pm]

what are your favorite games OpenBOR?! by lirexpatrio
[December 07, 2012, 07:09:46 pm]

Post Some Awesome Videos by maxman
[December 07, 2012, 05:51:39 pm]

Can @cmd playmusic "aaaa" 1 also increse music sound ? by BeasTie
[December 07, 2012, 05:24:38 pm]

Streets of Rage: Silent Storm by mtrain
[December 07, 2012, 03:45:05 pm]

Site will be down for maintenance on 12/8/2012 thru 12/10/2012 by Damon Caskey
[December 07, 2012, 07:42:42 am]

Cancelled SOR 3d Remake by riccochet
[December 07, 2012, 03:58:33 am]

Dungeon Fighter: B.O.R. by msmalik681
[December 07, 2012, 03:24:27 am]

[TUTORIAL] How to create 4 Games of OpenBOR in 1 CD (650 MB) by magggas
[December 06, 2012, 09:46:25 pm]

custknife by Bloodbane
[December 06, 2012, 09:34:09 pm]

blockfx help by B.Kardi
[December 06, 2012, 04:09:14 pm]

street of age 4 hd by corradlo
[December 06, 2012, 01:41:36 pm]

ClaFan - Classic Fantasy ver 1.17 by soniczxblade
[December 06, 2012, 05:01:20 am]

Bug Archive by Bloodbane
[December 06, 2012, 02:00:44 am]

"Bio-Doom" and "Gears of Doom" by BulletBob
[December 05, 2012, 10:07:21 pm]

Contra Locked 'N' Loaded v2 by Bloodbane
[December 05, 2012, 09:39:43 pm]

Downloadable OpenBoR Manual by BeasTie
[December 05, 2012, 08:31:24 pm]

Having trouble testing changes by B.Kardi
[December 05, 2012, 03:05:53 pm]

DragonBall Absalon by msmalik681
[December 05, 2012, 02:52:13 pm]

[Hi-Res] Swamp by Vibrant
[December 05, 2012, 10:47:14 am]

• Dot Guests: 12
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

Author Topic: Knights & Dragons: The Endless Quest  (Read 14900 times)

Offline Mr Feud

Re: Knights & Dragons: The Endless Quest - complete
« Reply #195 on: August 08, 2012, 02:14:01 pm »
Is it so hard to play the game to unlock them ?

No, Its not hard I never said it was, but it would help since I'm playing on a different xbox than the one with all the unlocked characters.

It would help if there is a way to unlock them without going through the game all over again, I want to go through the game fresh using different characters than what I did first time around.

any help would be appreciated. thanks

Offline elisf2

Dingo knights ?
« Reply #196 on: August 10, 2012, 11:13:39 am »
Hi ? for anyone here the original mod of Knights was awesome I am dying to play endless quest. So i have a dingo a380 and am running 3711 and I have endless quest running on it I can go to training and play however I am unable to play the standard game when the game starts the character is riding the horse and once the text is gone I am spouse to receive a go arrow to skip to the next screen I never see this go arrow so my character just keeps riding the horse. For a while I thought I just had to wait but 10mins later nothing I am hoping someone here can help me as this mod looks amazing and really looking forward to playing it. Thx in advance for any help.

Offline Ashenwraith

« Reply #197 on: August 13, 2012, 07:30:53 am »
This game was like 90% awesome.

The only prob is the other 10% really sucks because sadly it's not as fun as the original KoD nor as fun as the original KoR.

This is mainly because:

- Most chars move/jump/etc way too slow

- over-powered specials and useless specials, ie (mirror and leaf tornado for the elf vs his other stuff).

- bosses that are clunky and cheap you with invulnerable attacks instead of smoothly moving all over and forcing you to dodge/play mind games with them.

- hitboxes/attacks collide way too wide so the enemies and I cheap attack each other constantly by standing below/above one another.

- confusing how skeletons die by going back into the ground.

- guard is easy to do and there is no emphasis on dodging

The games is basically overly hard unless you cheap the hell out of it.

I played as the elf and early on I used lots of mirror images and killed boses with 0 hits on me. Later when I had more MP I mostly spammed the leaf tornado thing.

There were like 3 or 4 times I would have died but instead I got the boss caught somewhere (bug?) and spammed arrows till they died. Literally taking their entire lifebar(s).

This happened very clearly from memory with the Gildess-like blue dragon and the final lich boss.

It felt really easy/cheap so I switched to Lancelot (I really liked him from KoR) . I had like 10+ lives and I lost 2 or 3 of them on that Iron Golem stage (which would have been a cake walk with the elf).

It just is soo clunky and takes way too long to jump and run. When I played the original KoD the bosses would be zig zagging in a charge/dive all over the screen--projectiles flying--and I would jump over/dodge while returning fire and snagging treasure.

Can't do anything like that in this game.

The gameplay usually follows:

jump = get knocked down = get attacked in a cheap loop till die/special out

run = get knocked down = get attacked in a cheap loop till die/special out

stand near group of enemies = get knocked down = get attacked in a cheap loop till die/special out

stand near boss = get knocked down = get attacked in a cheap loop till die/special out

Lancelot was a char in KoR that relied on a lot of his jumping/back bounce kick attack. Can't do any of that in this. Hist normals suck and his weak projectiles take too much MP. You are forced to rely on his special slash till you run out of it.

Then you die.

Offline agu

« Reply #198 on: August 13, 2012, 12:16:33 pm »
Knights & Dragons: The Endless Quest is the most complete game I've played so far, it has everything, a variety of characters, stages, sound, a game to pass the full time alone or with friends, excellent project!  :cheers!:
My main projects:

The Fearless Warriors  Edited Version 2012 (In Progress)

Offline elisf2

« Reply #199 on: August 13, 2012, 12:19:31 pm »
Does anyone know if this mod works on a Dingo I am dying to play this mod Help lol. Thx for any info

Offline Yagami Brando

• http://www.youtube.com/user/YagamiRus
Re: Knights & Dragons: The Endless Quest
« Reply #200 on: December 02, 2012, 04:54:02 am »
I tried the game and liked it very much - awesome RPG-ish feeling, unlockable characters, epic soundtrack...
Awesome work here Pierwolf! I hope your DFO mod will have as much love as this one ;)

P.S. but nfortunately I found a bad bug, that ruins the balance pretty badly.
When I unlocked Barbarian character, I found, that his "Berserker Rage" skill (forward, forward, slash) actually refills all his HP and MP entirely and instantly. What the hell? I am sure it is not intentional.
Also - this skill gives him power up boost in speed and damage as I noticed. A permanent boost until you get hit. Maybe this was intentional, but I would suggest a temporary power up, that wears out after 3-5 seconds. Also considering the cheapness of this power up skill, I would suggest it drains more of MP. And of course it should not refill HP and MP.
Other than that - everuthing is awesome. In terms of balance too, except this issue. I hope you will take care of it ;)
« Last Edit: December 02, 2012, 04:55:43 am by Yagami Brando »
"In a battle, there is no such word as under-handed."

Offline Pierwolf

• Pierwolf's Magic chamber of abstract theories about relativity of Karma and metempsychosis
« Reply #201 on: December 02, 2012, 10:12:24 am »
yea i know that the barbarian and the bard have some bugs when they use some of their special moves... it goes in conflict with the level up system too... i've still to understand how to fix it...  :nervous:

anyway, i'm glad you like it! have fun! :cheers!:
My current project:

Knights & Dragons: The Endless Quest - COMPLETE!

Offline Yagami Brando

• http://www.youtube.com/user/YagamiRus
« Reply #202 on: December 02, 2012, 11:20:29 am »
Well I hope you will find a way to fix it. Bard doesn't have problems overall - at least I didn't notice anything that spoils the gameplay. But berserker rage of barbarian makes him kinda invincible. He can regain full health and MP in an instant. So - he cannot be killed. Kinda. Yeah THIS needs fixing for sure.
So - good luck with solving this :)
"In a battle, there is no such word as under-handed."

0%

mighty
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal