Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

What openbor you prefer: Double dragon,battletoads or final fight !? by lirexpatrio
[December 07, 2012, 07:15:27 pm]

what are your favorite games OpenBOR?! by lirexpatrio
[December 07, 2012, 07:09:46 pm]

Post Some Awesome Videos by maxman
[December 07, 2012, 05:51:39 pm]

Can @cmd playmusic "aaaa" 1 also increse music sound ? by BeasTie
[December 07, 2012, 05:24:38 pm]

Streets of Rage: Silent Storm by mtrain
[December 07, 2012, 03:45:05 pm]

Site will be down for maintenance on 12/8/2012 thru 12/10/2012 by Damon Caskey
[December 07, 2012, 07:42:42 am]

Cancelled SOR 3d Remake by riccochet
[December 07, 2012, 03:58:33 am]

Dungeon Fighter: B.O.R. by msmalik681
[December 07, 2012, 03:24:27 am]

[TUTORIAL] How to create 4 Games of OpenBOR in 1 CD (650 MB) by magggas
[December 06, 2012, 09:46:25 pm]

custknife by Bloodbane
[December 06, 2012, 09:34:09 pm]

blockfx help by B.Kardi
[December 06, 2012, 04:09:14 pm]

street of age 4 hd by corradlo
[December 06, 2012, 01:41:36 pm]

ClaFan - Classic Fantasy ver 1.17 by soniczxblade
[December 06, 2012, 05:01:20 am]

Bug Archive by Bloodbane
[December 06, 2012, 02:00:44 am]

"Bio-Doom" and "Gears of Doom" by BulletBob
[December 05, 2012, 10:07:21 pm]

Contra Locked 'N' Loaded v2 by Bloodbane
[December 05, 2012, 09:39:43 pm]

Downloadable OpenBoR Manual by BeasTie
[December 05, 2012, 08:31:24 pm]

Having trouble testing changes by B.Kardi
[December 05, 2012, 03:05:53 pm]

DragonBall Absalon by msmalik681
[December 05, 2012, 02:52:13 pm]

[Hi-Res] Swamp by Vibrant
[December 05, 2012, 10:47:14 am]

• Dot Guests: 138
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

Author Topic: Knights & Dragons: The Endless Quest  (Read 15005 times)

Offline utunnels

• Developer
Re: Knights & Dragons: The Endless Quest - complete
« Reply #165 on: June 12, 2012, 10:29:52 pm »
Any strategy on the red dragon?
 :power_nap:

I tried tens of times but still failed.

The poblem with the blocking system is it is a bit hard to do than KoTR (since it can't be held).
Makes it is hard to count the invincible time. If you want to block a second time while you are blinking, the dragon can't hit your bbox. As soon as your block animation ends, you are fried by the long lasting flame.

Edit*

I haven't tried your new version.
The version I'm playing seems to have bad attack boxes for the red dragon.

For example, if you stand behind its head, it can still bite you, and the flame can also scorch you. I wonder if it is a facing bug or you just made the boxes a bit larger than normal.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2012, 10:40:48 pm by utunnels »

Offline nsw25

• My latest films official facebook page
« Reply #166 on: June 12, 2012, 11:27:46 pm »
Everyone has suggested the blocking system be changed yet its something you seem to ignore and are keen to leave as is... surely our feedback should be taken into consideration, other than blocking system this is an awesome game
« Last Edit: June 13, 2012, 06:06:00 am by nsw25 »
My current project: Simpsons treehouse of horror
My very first mod: Evil dead 2 redux

Offline darknior

« Reply #167 on: June 13, 2012, 03:16:43 am »
Yes, it is an awesome game ... but me too ... i think the bloc system is hard to use :(

Offline leatherface59

« Reply #168 on: June 13, 2012, 06:28:09 am »
Incredible mod ! But i'm sad, return to windows when trying fullscreen :(

Offline Kyojinmaru

« Reply #169 on: June 13, 2012, 07:51:39 am »
Everyone has suggested the blocking system be changed yet its something you seem to ignore and are keen to leave as is...
Blocking system is good as it is.

Offline flemw1234

« Reply #170 on: June 13, 2012, 11:02:55 am »
I agree the block system produces very little success, I'm with the one button block side of this...otherwise the one like in AD&D: Shadow over Mystara where you can hold the block up is awesome...

Offline darknior

« Reply #171 on: June 13, 2012, 12:00:28 pm »
I agree the block system produces very little success, I'm with the one button block side of this...otherwise the one like in AD&D: Shadow over Mystara where you can hold the block up is awesome...

Yes, the bloc button is easier to use, for sure :p
Or, possibility to hold the block up ... like on "Golden Axe 3" for example ... better system for my part :D

Offline Pierwolf

• Pierwolf's Magic chamber of abstract theories about relativity of Karma and metempsychosis
« Reply #172 on: June 13, 2012, 12:12:13 pm »
Everyone has suggested the blocking system be changed yet its something you seem to ignore and are keen to leave as is... surely our feedback should be taken into consideration, other than blocking system this is an awesome game

yes, i choose to ignore since this is the way i like the block system.

as long as the feedback concerns bugs, i do everything i can to fix things, but you can't pretend i change the mechanics of my game only because some of you are uncomfortable with it.

For example, i hate sooo much the blocking system of Mortal Kombat, but i don't pray midway to change it, that would be absurd; i try instead to accept the challenge and learn the system.

so sorry for the ones who don't like the block, but this is a free game, and you always have the choice of not playing it if you don't like, and you don't lose anything.

and that's the bottomline, 'cause stone cold... ehm, regards!  :cheers!:
My current project:

Knights & Dragons: The Endless Quest - COMPLETE!

Offline darknior

« Reply #173 on: June 13, 2012, 12:53:01 pm »
No problem, excuse me, it was just an idea :p
I love you mod like this ;)
Just, my children can't block ... so hard for them for the moment ... not really important ;)

Offline Pierwolf

• Pierwolf's Magic chamber of abstract theories about relativity of Karma and metempsychosis
« Reply #174 on: June 13, 2012, 12:58:27 pm »
i'm sorry if i've been hars with my comment! it was unintentional!

anyway darknior, you can always enable the cheats and set infinite lives or energy if you want make life easier for your childrens!  ;)
My current project:

Offline flemw1234

« Reply #175 on: June 13, 2012, 02:56:20 pm »

yes, i choose to ignore since this is the way i like the block system.

as long as the feedback concerns bugs, i do everything i can to fix things, but you can't pretend i change the mechanics of my game only because some of you are uncomfortable with it.

For example, i hate sooo much the blocking system of Mortal Kombat, but i don't pray midway to change it, that would be absurd; i try instead to accept the challenge and learn the system.

so sorry for the ones who don't like the block, but this is a free game, and you always have the choice of not playing it if you don't like, and you don't lose anything.

and that's the bottomline, 'cause stone cold... ehm, regards!  :cheers!:

You're right it is your game Pier and I can only speak for myself but I like it.....

however it seems that quite a few people would like it as a button, in fact I see more comments about wanting a button based system then not wanting one..

The reason I don't like it as is..

1.) The timing has to be impeccable and if using a shoddy game pad it's worse, at least give us the ability to keep it up, or longer at least.

2.) Being attacked from both sides poses a very big problem...your MK example is a fighting game one on one not getting attacked from both sides....so it wasn't a very good comparison...

3.) Those damn ranged attacks are so quick and jumping over them is impossible ehr go there are only three methods to avoid them blocking them, hitting them out of the air, or avoiding their hitboxes altogether....more reliable options is preferred otherwise relying on one system is crappy for those that aren't good at it there should at least be two viable systems and not options solely based on timing...I might add that some of these existing options would be better if attack frequency wasn't as high.....

I understand if you don't agree with me just thought I'd explain why I find it untrustworthy..

Offline Pierwolf

« Reply #176 on: June 13, 2012, 04:17:35 pm »
flemw1234, i accept all the complains, i've no problem with it, after all this is only an hobby i do in the spare time, not a work for wich i'm payed, so don't worry about it.  :)

maybe in my next games i will add a block button, but apart the fact that i like this way, by now the game is good and done, and i will not do anymore changes, apart fixing some bugs here and there.

another thing: maybe i've should had explained this before, but actually it doesn't matter wich side you block, you can block the attacks even from behind you.

maybe i will add this tip in the HOW TO menu.
My current project:

Offline erf_beto

« Reply #177 on: June 13, 2012, 07:57:29 pm »
I don't like blocking either (actually, I never block, even in other games, which is probably why suck at them), but I've gotten better at it, so it is a matter of training, I suppose.

On the other hand, I was actually wondering how difficult it would be to map some specials (and block) to the unused Attack234 buttons... you know, for the children. :blushing:
(I mean it! my 6 year old nephew keeps handing me the controller to "do the frog magic"!  :laughing:)

Offline Die_In_Fire

• Where eagles dare!
« Reply #178 on: June 14, 2012, 10:52:47 am »
Any strategy on the red dragon?

I tried tens of times but still failed.

The poblem with the blocking system is it is a bit hard to do than KoTR (since it can't be held).
Makes it is hard to count the invincible time. If you want to block a second time while you are blinking, the dragon can't hit your bbox. As soon as your block animation ends, you are fried by the long lasting flame.

Edit*

I haven't tried your new version.
The version I'm playing seems to have bad attack boxes for the red dragon.

For example, if you stand behind its head, it can still bite you, and the flame can also scorch you. I wonder if it is a facing bug or you just made the boxes a bit larger than normal.

I'm playing the level up version and is the same, just getting close to the neck and you'll get burn. Same with the blue dragon and the lightning.

I gave up, will begin again to try to get more lives and not lost them on the dinosaur island  :)

this with Nightslashers X and Contra Locked n' ready are the only mods I cannot finish. (don't like to unpak to add more lives and stuff)  ;)

Offline Pierwolf

« Reply #179 on: June 14, 2012, 03:59:39 pm »
the dragon's breaths are supposed to work this way, to represent the intense heath that can hit you even if you're not in the direct line of the breath.

the gameplay is good and done for this time, guys.
I will soon release the final version, but it will correct only some bugs here and there and the dialogues lenght as well.
 maybe in my next games i will think about mapping other commands on the other aviable buttons.  ;)
My current project:

0%

mighty
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal