Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

What openbor you prefer: Double dragon,battletoads or final fight !? by lirexpatrio
[December 07, 2012, 07:15:27 pm]

what are your favorite games OpenBOR?! by lirexpatrio
[December 07, 2012, 07:09:46 pm]

Post Some Awesome Videos by maxman
[December 07, 2012, 05:51:39 pm]

Can @cmd playmusic "aaaa" 1 also increse music sound ? by BeasTie
[December 07, 2012, 05:24:38 pm]

Streets of Rage: Silent Storm by mtrain
[December 07, 2012, 03:45:05 pm]

Site will be down for maintenance on 12/8/2012 thru 12/10/2012 by Damon Caskey
[December 07, 2012, 07:42:42 am]

Cancelled SOR 3d Remake by riccochet
[December 07, 2012, 03:58:33 am]

Dungeon Fighter: B.O.R. by msmalik681
[December 07, 2012, 03:24:27 am]

[TUTORIAL] How to create 4 Games of OpenBOR in 1 CD (650 MB) by magggas
[December 06, 2012, 09:46:25 pm]

custknife by Bloodbane
[December 06, 2012, 09:34:09 pm]

blockfx help by B.Kardi
[December 06, 2012, 04:09:14 pm]

street of age 4 hd by corradlo
[December 06, 2012, 01:41:36 pm]

ClaFan - Classic Fantasy ver 1.17 by soniczxblade
[December 06, 2012, 05:01:20 am]

Bug Archive by Bloodbane
[December 06, 2012, 02:00:44 am]

"Bio-Doom" and "Gears of Doom" by BulletBob
[December 05, 2012, 10:07:21 pm]

Contra Locked 'N' Loaded v2 by Bloodbane
[December 05, 2012, 09:39:43 pm]

Downloadable OpenBoR Manual by BeasTie
[December 05, 2012, 08:31:24 pm]

Having trouble testing changes by B.Kardi
[December 05, 2012, 03:05:53 pm]

DragonBall Absalon by msmalik681
[December 05, 2012, 02:52:13 pm]

[Hi-Res] Swamp by Vibrant
[December 05, 2012, 10:47:14 am]

• Dot Guests: 18
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

Author Topic: Sega Brawlers Megamix  (Read 95273 times)

Offline DJGameFreakTheIguana

• Credit to Vyck_St.Judas, Edited by me.
Re: Sega Genesis Mega Brawler(Check first post for Char list)
« Reply #375 on: February 01, 2010, 10:23:21 pm »
Ah, the act2 panel looks nice. It looks simple, with just simple platform setting. I assume the main ground is flat meaning the metal bars are just decorations? I mean if they have platform set and have to be jumped over, I can imagine it would be unpleasant to jump over small gaps.
Thanks, and yes, the Metal bars are just there as railings(or decorations for this case), only the red floating platforms and the two building tops I have above will have platforms set to them, of course, the buildings will be brought down to jump on. I don't know if I should set wait for this stage, cause it may be possible to knock enemies off the buildings in the middle, and players would be stuck there since the enemies don't jump over walls.

The buildings look odd. The white lines on the road are too big.
Both statements are true, and I may actually redesign that whole panel, but in about the same manner as the one posted above. There is another stage I've worked on, but I'm not posting that right now, since it wont be in the next demo(and I'm to lazy to mess with those walls again, and make another portal.)

Also, Chaos Gamma is about done now, I just need to get him ready for 2D action. If you haven't played Sonic battle for GBA, here's a video of him:
SpoilerThe two other characters, Emerl and Chaos, will also be SGMB in the future. If you can't tell, chaos is the blue monster made of water, and Emerl is the orange robot imitating the other's moves(when the same characters are picked, he's there as the double). He's got sprites of every bodies moves in Sonic Battle , check his sprite sheet:
http://www.tsgk.captainn.net/index.php?p=showgame&t=dt&dt=2004-02-04&ga=78&sec=25

X)
« Last Edit: February 01, 2010, 10:29:43 pm by DJGameFreakTheIguana »

« Reply #376 on: February 02, 2010, 09:03:59 pm »
Yo, I'm back. About the Escape Square stage I posted yesterday, I redesigned it, but it isn't too different, I just put all the Buildings together and left the street open at the end for a good view of the background:
http://img121.imageshack.us/img121/2676/bgwork3.png

I like this better than my last design, but I should maybe find some better looking buildings, but I'll worry about that later. What do you guys think?
BTW, I got the stage name wrong, It's not City square, it's Station square, lol. I would worked it into the mod but I was working on some other stuff.  ;)

X)

Offline Bloodbane

• Dark Dragon
« Reply #377 on: February 03, 2010, 12:18:34 am »
 It looks better now.
 The sunlight refraction on middle building's windows is odd. There are 2 type of them i.e / and \. It would be better if you just use one which is \ to adjust it with other buildings'.
OpenBoR Manual

Basic OpenBoR Tutorials

OpenBoR Tricks & Tutorials

"The more often enemies attack, the more open they are to counter attacks"

« Reply #378 on: February 03, 2010, 12:22:44 am »
I actually thought that looked kinda funny, but I'll turn that around before putting it into the mod.

X)

« Reply #379 on: February 05, 2010, 09:20:10 pm »
Yo guys, I got the panel for Escape Square Act2 done, check it out!
http://img403.imageshack.us/img403/5647/panal.gif

BTW, does OpenBOR have a limit on the length of a stage? It stops at the end of the last buildings on the far right of this panel for some reason. Anyway, Once I get a better recorder, I'll make a video of this and Act1.

X)

Offline Bloodbane

• Dark Dragon
« Reply #380 on: February 05, 2010, 10:58:35 pm »
 Aah, nice. I hope players can tell which objects are 'passable' and which are steppable.

BTW, does OpenBOR have a limit on the length of a stage? It stops at the end of the last buildings on the far right of this panel for some reason.

Hmmm... have you declared enemy spawn on last part of that stage? OpenBoR immediately ends the level if there's no entities to be spawned left or no enemies left.
OpenBoR Manual

Basic OpenBoR Tutorials

« Reply #381 on: February 06, 2010, 06:14:21 pm »
Aah, nice. I hope players can tell which objects are 'passable' and which are steppable.
Thanks, but I think they should be able to tell, Other than the building tops, the only othre platforms to jump on are the railings on the sides of the two buildings that are connected around the middle.

Hmmm... have you declared enemy spawn on last part of that stage? OpenBoR immediately ends the level if there's no entities to be spawned left or no enemies left.
I did exactly that, but it starts before I get there. It's no big problem though, the last building tops are where the last enemy group starts, after that, I was gonna have the players run off to the right till the stage ends, to simulate modern sonic games.

X)

Offline Bloodbane

• Dark Dragon
« Reply #382 on: February 07, 2010, 03:18:44 am »
after that, I was gonna have the players run off to the right till the stage ends, to simulate modern sonic games.

Ah, I see. How players would know they have to run off?
OpenBoR Manual

Basic OpenBoR Tutorials

« Reply #383 on: February 07, 2010, 05:13:23 pm »
Ah, I see. How players would know they have to run off?
As players always know how to run off, when the arrow tells them to go. I was gonna put some kind of Goal ring there..... I'll figure something out though.

X)

Offline Bloodbane

• Dark Dragon
« Reply #384 on: February 08, 2010, 01:04:47 am »
 Goal Ring... cool!
 Maybe the goal ring is so high so player will have to run to jump high enough to enter that ring ;D. Just thinking out loud.
OpenBoR Manual

Basic OpenBoR Tutorials

Offline masterderico

« Reply #385 on: February 08, 2010, 01:07:54 pm »
Dj, i played your last demo.

The offsets, moves, stages, sfx are GREAT. 10/10

The only thing i dont like is the large number of chars on the screen... You cant see your char sometimes, TOO MUCH INFORMATION! :laughing:

I think only 4 players on the screen is the best option.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2010, 01:12:00 pm by masterderico »

« Reply #386 on: February 08, 2010, 07:30:59 pm »
Goal Ring... cool!
 Maybe the goal ring is so high so player will have to run to jump high enough to enter that ring ;D. Just thinking out loud.
lol, but nah, I'm just gonna put some kind of ring in the end, that will end the level when touched. I would like to add a "Act cleared" sign when it's touched though. Maybe the ring will spawn it as a boss, so when it dies, the stage will end.  :) BTW, I redid the stage today, and made it a bit shorter, so in future stage, I'm gonna need to make the height larger, instead of the width.

The only thing i dont like is the large number of chars on the screen... You cant see your char sometimes, TOO MUCH INFORMATION! :laughing:
Yeah, I play Mega brawl myself to get a feel for what players might think when they play, and I actually do lose myself in the madness sometimes, so I have to use the Special button a few times, but it's still fun for me.  ;D

But that's what every other brawler game of this nature does: Onimusha Blade warriors, Super Smash Bros., Sonic battle, Power Stone etc., all only limit 4 players per match. So I wanted to do something different and add more, so I made mega brawl for lots of players can fight at they same time, and Free for all was for people who wanted a little less on the screen with only 8 fighters at a time. Both modes are pretty much what I wished for on Brawlers, more than 4 players on screen.

X)

Offline masterderico

« Reply #387 on: February 08, 2010, 08:03:22 pm »
Goal Ring... cool!
lol, but nah, I'm just gonna put some kind of ring in the end, that will end the level when touched. I would like to add a "Act cleared" sign when it's touched though. Maybe the ring will spawn it as a boss, so when it dies, the stage will end.  :) BTW, I redid the stage today, and made it a bit shorter, so in future stage, I'm gonna need to make the height larger, instead of the width.

Yeah, I play Mega brawl myself to get a feel for what players might think when they play, and I actually do lose myself in the madness sometimes, so I have to use the Special button a few times, but it's still fun for me.  ;D

But that's what every other brawler game of this nature does: Onimusha Blade warriors, Super Smash Bros., Sonic battle, Power Stone etc., all only limit 4 players per match. So I wanted to do something different and add more, so I made mega brawl for lots of players can fight at they same time, and Free for all was for people who wanted a little less on the screen with only 8 fighters at a time. Both modes are pretty much what I wished for on Brawlers, more than 4 players on screen.

X)

More chars, less technical, IMHO.

But your mod is great anyway.  ;)

« Reply #388 on: February 08, 2010, 08:06:56 pm »

True, but as long as a fighter has a goof fun factor, I don't care much for technical.

Thanks. BTW, have you tried my newest Beta demo? it has 2D gameplay, and new characters.

X)

Offline masterderico

« Reply #389 on: February 08, 2010, 08:11:39 pm »

True, but as long as a fighter has a goof fun factor, I don't care much for technical.

Thanks. BTW, have you tried my newest Beta demo? it has 2D gameplay, and new characters.

X)

Yeah, is this version i was talking about. :)

0%

mighty
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal