Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

What openbor you prefer: Double dragon,battletoads or final fight !? by lirexpatrio
[December 07, 2012, 07:15:27 pm]

what are your favorite games OpenBOR?! by lirexpatrio
[December 07, 2012, 07:09:46 pm]

Post Some Awesome Videos by maxman
[December 07, 2012, 05:51:39 pm]

Can @cmd playmusic "aaaa" 1 also increse music sound ? by BeasTie
[December 07, 2012, 05:24:38 pm]

Streets of Rage: Silent Storm by mtrain
[December 07, 2012, 03:45:05 pm]

Site will be down for maintenance on 12/8/2012 thru 12/10/2012 by Damon Caskey
[December 07, 2012, 07:42:42 am]

Cancelled SOR 3d Remake by riccochet
[December 07, 2012, 03:58:33 am]

Dungeon Fighter: B.O.R. by msmalik681
[December 07, 2012, 03:24:27 am]

[TUTORIAL] How to create 4 Games of OpenBOR in 1 CD (650 MB) by magggas
[December 06, 2012, 09:46:25 pm]

custknife by Bloodbane
[December 06, 2012, 09:34:09 pm]

blockfx help by B.Kardi
[December 06, 2012, 04:09:14 pm]

street of age 4 hd by corradlo
[December 06, 2012, 01:41:36 pm]

ClaFan - Classic Fantasy ver 1.17 by soniczxblade
[December 06, 2012, 05:01:20 am]

Bug Archive by Bloodbane
[December 06, 2012, 02:00:44 am]

"Bio-Doom" and "Gears of Doom" by BulletBob
[December 05, 2012, 10:07:21 pm]

Contra Locked 'N' Loaded v2 by Bloodbane
[December 05, 2012, 09:39:43 pm]

Downloadable OpenBoR Manual by BeasTie
[December 05, 2012, 08:31:24 pm]

Having trouble testing changes by B.Kardi
[December 05, 2012, 03:05:53 pm]

DragonBall Absalon by msmalik681
[December 05, 2012, 02:52:13 pm]

[Hi-Res] Swamp by Vibrant
[December 05, 2012, 10:47:14 am]

• Dot Guests: 12
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

Author Topic: Sega Brawlers Megamix  (Read 95287 times)

Offline DJGameFreakTheIguana

• Credit to Vyck_St.Judas, Edited by me.
Re: Sega Genesis Mega Brawler(Check first post for Char list)
« Reply #390 on: February 08, 2010, 08:17:25 pm »
Yeah, is this version i was talking about. :)
Really? When you said "large number of chars on the screen", I thought you menat Mega brawl mode in V7.9. The beat demo only has 8 chars on screen for all levels, unless 8 is too many.  :laughing:

X)

« Reply #391 on: February 19, 2010, 12:48:39 am »
Just a little something to show you guys. When you start what is now called Battle mode, you start off on the Sega Genesis, with a selection of four stages:

I plan on randomizing it later those later, but this mode will finally have endless play, and you'll be given 99 credit, so the only way to end it is to quit, because every level spawns those Sonic screen when the enemies are gone. BTW, about randomizing those screens, would it be easy for me if I just have the screen change entity to another in their Idle anims?

X)

Offline ryomaneo

• packegedgeneration
« Reply #392 on: February 19, 2010, 02:46:59 am »
It looks good and all but i was thinking if worse comes for it perhaps you could put in the smash bros select stage format but then again thats your choice.  :cheers!:

« Reply #393 on: February 19, 2010, 08:49:16 pm »
I don't think I could Make a select stage stage screen without Script, so I have to make do with what I'm doing now. Besides, what other game/mod lets you walk on the Sega Genesis Console?  :cheers!:

X)

Offline Die_In_Fire

• Where eagles dare!
« Reply #394 on: February 19, 2010, 09:36:30 pm »
DJ, you had a very cool and original idea using the Genesis console, looks great!!  :cheers!:

Offline Bloodbane

• Dark Dragon
« Reply #395 on: February 19, 2010, 11:12:33 pm »
 Putting characters sprite ontop of console like that is kinda cute ;D.

BTW, about randomizing those screens, would it be easy for me if I just have the screen change entity to another in their Idle anims?

Hmmm.... IMO it would be better if the script just randomizes the screen spawn instead. This would need new script cause the random enemy spawner I made for Crime Buster v2.5 only supports 1 enemy and it doesn't matter if the spawners spawn same enemies. You need new script which supports 4 spawns (at least) and spawn different screen.
OpenBoR Manual

Basic OpenBoR Tutorials

OpenBoR Tricks & Tutorials

"The more often enemies attack, the more open they are to counter attacks"

« Reply #396 on: February 19, 2010, 11:19:19 pm »
DJ, you had a very cool and original idea using the Genesis console, looks great!!  :cheers!:
Thanks DIF, glad you like it. It could also double as a training ground, which I planned on making a long time ago, and I plan on using it for an actual stage to. ;)

Putting characters sprite ontop of console like that is kinda cute Grin.
I wouldn't say cute, but cool.  ;)

Hmmm.... IMO it would be better if the script just randomizes the screen spawn instead.
You've got a point, but I'd like to cycle the screens, giving players some freedom to choose any of the available stages. I had the Idea to make smaller screens, and players would have to hit the attack button to choose that stage as they walk across them, but I don't know how that would be possible without script.

X)

Offline Bloodbane

• Dark Dragon
« Reply #397 on: February 19, 2010, 11:34:01 pm »
 I say cute cause they are small character standing ontop of big console ;D.

Anyways, I could make script for 4 random unique spawns but I'm afraid it won't efficient (still better than nothing though). But I have this idea in mind:
 Give the portals bbox and 1 HP. In their DEATH animation, they drop another portal randomly. This way, the random script I gave you before can be used.
 The idea is player can choose where they want to go just by hitting the screen.
OpenBoR Manual

Basic OpenBoR Tutorials

OpenBoR Tricks & Tutorials

"The more often enemies attack, the more open they are to counter attacks"

« Reply #398 on: February 19, 2010, 11:52:14 pm »
I say cute cause they are small character standing ontop of big console ;D.
Oh, I see what you mean. As if there were like Chibi chars.  :laughing:

Give the portals bbox and 1 HP. In their DEATH animation, they drop another portal randomly. This way, the random script I gave you before can be used.
 The idea is player can choose where they want to go just by hitting the screen.
Man Blood, this is a Bomb-A** Idea man! Even better, I can just spawn to Screens, one for 3D stage, and one for 2D, and I've got color pallets for the screens to Identify which is which. Thanks, I'll try this after I release the demo, I'm testing it now, and there will be a Wii compatible version for it soon after.

X)

« Reply #399 on: February 24, 2010, 11:26:43 pm »
Whazzup peeps! Now that I got the last beta demo uploaded in the downloads section, I'm now working on a Wii compatible version. I've already got the hud(Icons, lifebars, etc.) set up, and so all I should have left to change is the menu screens. After I finish that, and the new Gunstar Heroes Z demo, I'll be updating The original SBMM demo for the first time since November, with a wii compatible version of it following after. All that's comin' up, and you know I'll keep yall posted on it, so be lookin' out.

X)

Re: Sega Brawlers Megamix(Check first post for Char list)
« Reply #400 on: February 26, 2010, 12:22:40 am »
Hey people, just wanted to show yall another character I plan on adding to this mod, Saul, from the genesis game, Wolfchild(was also ported to SNES, Sega CD, and Amiga, I just found all of this out, along with his name):
SpoilerI really like concept of this game, it looks like it could have been a sequel to altered beast. One thing I really like about this game, is the BGM for stage2, I actually wanna add that level so I can put this track on it:
SpoilerSlammin'.

X)

« Reply #401 on: March 03, 2010, 06:48:56 pm »
I've ran into some problems recently, and need some help:

1. Sparkster has a three hit combo, his third hit is a small forward jump while swinging his sword, for some reason, when the anim is done, he goes into his jump anim. It may have something to do with the animation script for going into the jump anim by the set frame(animpos), but I don't have it set in his attack, so I don't know what the problem is, and the enemy version of him is stuck in the animation. I'll attach his files for anyone who can help, spark and sparkB.

2. I've been trying to get this demo on the wii, but the game crashes on 2D levels, but doesn't on the PC. I thought it might have been because I didn't set the script for animpos right, so I changed it for ever character, but the game still crashes on 2D level, mostly when some joins in, even then, it does it when I choose vector. This may be some sort of n effect with the new build, but I'l attach vectors file, since choosing him strops my game.

Hopefully someone can give me a hand with these, because the demo is ready, I just need to fix these bugs.

X)

Offline Plombo

• Your source for useful modding tools!
« Reply #402 on: March 03, 2010, 10:32:37 pm »
2. I've been trying to get this demo on the wii, but the game crashes on 2D levels, but doesn't on the PC. I thought it might have been because I didn't set the script for animpos right, so I changed it for ever character, but the game still crashes on 2D level, mostly when some joins in, even then, it does it when I choose vector. This may be some sort of n effect with the new build, but I'l attach vectors file, since choosing him strops my game.

Is your mod using widescreen at all?  What does the log say when it crashes?

« Reply #403 on: March 03, 2010, 11:34:58 pm »
Is your mod using widescreen at all?
I switched it standard screen before I paked it, I wouldn't be able to test it on the wii if it was wide.

What does the log say when it crashes?
I don't get jack from the log. If i do, it just says there's an exception in the animation script, but I didn't get that at all today, just log. I'll attach the last log.txt since my last wii test. I'm also attaching the script log to.

X)

Offline spawn

• john morrison
« Reply #404 on: March 03, 2010, 11:47:10 pm »
Well it failed to load like 100 things lol,you should try to at least make sure your paths are correct.I remember when my mod wouldn't load because of one freaking path that wasn't right.

0%

mighty
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal