Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

What openbor you prefer: Double dragon,battletoads or final fight !? by lirexpatrio
[December 07, 2012, 07:15:27 pm]

what are your favorite games OpenBOR?! by lirexpatrio
[December 07, 2012, 07:09:46 pm]

Post Some Awesome Videos by maxman
[December 07, 2012, 05:51:39 pm]

Can @cmd playmusic "aaaa" 1 also increse music sound ? by BeasTie
[December 07, 2012, 05:24:38 pm]

Streets of Rage: Silent Storm by mtrain
[December 07, 2012, 03:45:05 pm]

Site will be down for maintenance on 12/8/2012 thru 12/10/2012 by Damon Caskey
[December 07, 2012, 07:42:42 am]

Cancelled SOR 3d Remake by riccochet
[December 07, 2012, 03:58:33 am]

Dungeon Fighter: B.O.R. by msmalik681
[December 07, 2012, 03:24:27 am]

[TUTORIAL] How to create 4 Games of OpenBOR in 1 CD (650 MB) by magggas
[December 06, 2012, 09:46:25 pm]

custknife by Bloodbane
[December 06, 2012, 09:34:09 pm]

blockfx help by B.Kardi
[December 06, 2012, 04:09:14 pm]

street of age 4 hd by corradlo
[December 06, 2012, 01:41:36 pm]

ClaFan - Classic Fantasy ver 1.17 by soniczxblade
[December 06, 2012, 05:01:20 am]

Bug Archive by Bloodbane
[December 06, 2012, 02:00:44 am]

"Bio-Doom" and "Gears of Doom" by BulletBob
[December 05, 2012, 10:07:21 pm]

Contra Locked 'N' Loaded v2 by Bloodbane
[December 05, 2012, 09:39:43 pm]

Downloadable OpenBoR Manual by BeasTie
[December 05, 2012, 08:31:24 pm]

Having trouble testing changes by B.Kardi
[December 05, 2012, 03:05:53 pm]

DragonBall Absalon by msmalik681
[December 05, 2012, 02:52:13 pm]

[Hi-Res] Swamp by Vibrant
[December 05, 2012, 10:47:14 am]

• Dot Guests: 13
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

Author Topic: Sega Brawlers Megamix  (Read 95291 times)

Offline DJGameFreakTheIguana

• Credit to Vyck_St.Judas, Edited by me.
Re: Sega Brawlers Megamix(Check first post for Char list)
« Reply #510 on: February 04, 2011, 08:26:36 pm »
After releasing that new demo, I went ahead and went back to work on the beta demo. This time I'm going back to adventure mod and adding two golden axe stages. I plan on ripping 5 stages from GA3 and 2 from GA2 for the complete adventure. I'm ripping and modding the enemies from SEEP's Golden Axe genesis mod. There's not much to show right now but I'm gonna post this screenshot for the lulz(I don't think I've ever used that term before).
I also plan on adding a gunster heroes adventure mode in the future, and I may cross it with Alien Soldier.

X)

« Reply #511 on: February 07, 2011, 08:41:43 pm »
Just about done with the first Golden Axe stage, I just have to whip up a boss for a it. Here's a few shots:

X)

Offline talic

• I kill you, and the Night!!!
    • Talic VisualBlog
« Reply #512 on: February 07, 2011, 09:00:27 pm »
sorry, but i don't understand, the way this is going.
I mean at start it was a Smash brother type game with Sega Heroes and Sega Genesis Graphics, now.. i just don't understand it is a Fighting Sega game? a Brawl game and what about the marvel alliance thing.

I am so confuse... sorry. :nervous:

« Reply #513 on: February 07, 2011, 09:25:23 pm »
It's cool, I do throw a lot out there.  ;D

First off, the game is was always intended to be a brawler, but I'm also going to use everything in it to make 5 part series(that's what I got planned now) with the Sega heroes going up against the villains. That's why there's an adventure mode, to gather and decide what stages to use when I get to that mod while still giving players much to play in one mod. Same goes for the 2D stages.

To put it short, this is a multi-purpose mod for working on everything I want all at once. If you've ever played Chaotix Rage(where the whole story starts actually), just think how much better it's gonna be now thanks to all the stuff I've learned over these past 2 and a half years.

X)

Offline talic

• Talic VisualBlog
« Reply #514 on: February 08, 2011, 06:45:35 am »
 :wow!: OOoo.. Now i see. Cool idea i hope this come nice.

« Reply #515 on: February 08, 2011, 08:46:44 pm »
Thanks.

I've got 2 more shots. Both of them from Godel Axe stage 2:

Maybe not a good idea to take both shots in the same spot.  :eek:

X)

Offline Bloodbane

• Dark Dragon
« Reply #516 on: February 10, 2011, 03:16:26 am »
This time I'm going back to adventure mod and adding two golden axe stages. I plan on ripping 5 stages from GA3 and 2 from GA2 for the complete adventure. I'm ripping and modding the enemies from SEEP's Golden Axe genesis mod.

That's an interesting idea, having heroes from other world fight in certain game. Hopefully you got the balance right cause each game has different rule and balance.

I also plan on adding a gunster heroes adventure mode in the future, and I may cross it with Alien Soldier.
X)

2D levels? Hmmm... Gunstar is quote hard to set IMO but Alien Soldier is even harder cause the latter is practically bosh rush game.

Oh how many heroes will participate in this cross game?
OpenBoR Manual

Basic OpenBoR Tutorials

OpenBoR Tricks & Tutorials

"The more often enemies attack, the more open they are to counter attacks"

« Reply #517 on: February 10, 2011, 10:11:39 pm »
That's an interesting idea, having heroes from other world fight in certain game. Hopefully you got the balance right cause each game has different rule and balance.
Yeah, I'm workin' hard on that balance by trying to figure out how fast the enemies should attack and the right aggression setting.

2D levels? Hmmm... Gunstar is quote hard to set IMO but Alien Soldier is even harder cause the latter is practically bosh rush game.
I'll just be doing simple 2D and 3D levels and mix the enemies from both games. Both games were officially made by Treasure anyway for the Sega Genesis anyway. Not to mention the rips will make good use for when I get back to the Gunstar Heroes Z mod.

Oh how many heroes will participate in this cross game?
Besides all the characters from the main and beta demo, I still have to add in more chars from Contra Hard Corps, Guardian heroes, and Eternal Champions. If I'm able to custom make sprites, I'm hoping to fit in more recent Sega chars from Phantasy star online, Madworld, Yakuza, and Altered Beast 2(PS2). Then you still have to figure the ripping I'm doing from D.D. Crew, Three Dirty Dwarves, and I'm also looking to get Two Crud Dudes(A.K.A. Crude Buster), Alien Storm, and Astal.

So I really don't have any idea on the number right now....

BTW, my rippings from Three Dirty Dwarves:
Spoiler

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
All already cleaned a bunch of colors off, but I saved it in photoshop's extension so this is the original file.

X)

Offline Bloodbane

• Dark Dragon
« Reply #518 on: February 11, 2011, 05:53:34 pm »
 Ah good ripping! There's an enemy ripped too.

Oh forgot to ask this before, are you going to edit the backgrounds from Golden Axe 3 (and other games) too? I asked cause aside of complex platforming, I wonder if you'd like to make new levels.
OpenBoR Manual

Basic OpenBoR Tutorials

OpenBoR Tricks & Tutorials

"The more often enemies attack, the more open they are to counter attacks"

« Reply #519 on: February 11, 2011, 07:15:13 pm »
Ah good ripping! There's an enemy ripped too.
Thanks. The only reason the enemy was in the shot cause I had to hit'em to do the second attack. I will rip them eventually. If you've never seem the game before, here's a clip:
Spoiler
Oh forgot to ask this before, are you going to edit the backgrounds from Golden Axe 3 (and other games) too? I asked cause aside of complex platforming, I wonder if you'd like to make new levels.
It's depends. The GA Series is mainly beat'em up, so I'm only going to edit if I need to, since they will most likely be 3D. Gunstars for example is mainly a 2D shooter, so I will edit some stages to be 3D if I can(the mine cart and battleship stages come to mind), but they will mainly be 2D.

X)
« Last Edit: February 11, 2011, 07:57:03 pm by DJGameFreakTheIguana »

Offline talic

• Talic VisualBlog
« Reply #520 on: February 11, 2011, 08:19:58 pm »
Wow Three Dirty Dwarf's that game is fantastic.
The gameplay was a little hard but i really like how smooth the sprites and stages moves. And the shadow effect was amazing.

Quick question:
There will be only 3D levels?.
i kind of preffer only 2D levels because is more easy to see, you will not have a bunch o player in front of you doing his super huge specials.

« Reply #521 on: February 12, 2011, 01:06:39 am »
Wow Three Dirty Dwarf's that game is fantastic.
The gameplay was a little hard but i really like how smooth the sprites and stages moves. And the shadow effect was amazing.
I really like that game to for the same reasons, but know what you mean about the difficulty. I'm ok by myself, but when I played with my little brother, we kept getting confused on which dwarf we were when we got hit, and by the time we got it together, we'd get hit the third time. lol

Quick question:
There will be only 3D levels?.
i kind of preffer only 2D levels because is more easy to see, you will not have a bunch o player in front of you doing his super huge specials.
Both.  :)
If 3D stages are hard for you, I still plan to add more arcade stages for 1 on 1 combat(or whatever many players are playing).

X)

« Reply #522 on: February 12, 2011, 08:17:49 pm »
Just posting up current work I did on cleaning that sheet:
Spoiler

I erased most of the colors, so I can erase those little dots on my own. It is about done, but apparently, the emulator screen most not have been at the right size, because all the sprites have stretch marks on them, so I'm fixing them one by one. Once I get back to ripping, I'll check the screen first before ripping.

EDIT:
For a while now, besides the Golden Axe Stages, I've brought over Cronus and updated him with more of his original Golden Axe moves and even more Free special attacks. I'd post more screen shots but they wouldn't really do the moves justice, so you'll have to wait to see them in their full glory:

I also plan to add the real mist effects to his special attack, rather then the purple smoke seep used for him. Besides that, all that's left to do with him is prep him for 2D combat, give him AI copies for battle mode. Once that's done, I'll get back to finishing the 2 stages, and designing a new hub menu.

X)
« Last Edit: February 12, 2011, 10:58:04 pm by DJGameFreakTheIguana »

« Reply #523 on: February 18, 2011, 07:21:22 pm »
Yo peeps. I'm just on the verge of completing the next update patch for the beta demo. After ripping the stage and giving cronus new moves to make him more bada**, I ripped 2 enemies from Golden Axe 3 weren't in the genesis mod we have here, Beneti(the amazon chick) and Dead Frame(The lizard looking skeletons). I also ripped a few more sprite for Cold Bit(The knight) for extra moves. I tried to make him a bit challenging with a combo chain, freespecial, and running attack:
Spoiler

Man, Cold Bit and dead frame gave some issues waiting on them to do certain moves. Almost took me an hour to catch cold bit swinging his sword down.  >:(

On the next update I plan on making a new hub menu for adventure mode and changing arcade mode.

X)

« Reply #524 on: March 02, 2011, 09:25:32 pm »
I've been getting up on things recently. For one thing, Arcade mode will be all about fighting bosses now, but the number of players=number of enemies rule will still follow. I've finished Barbon and still working Antonio from the SOR series, giving both of them freespecials(Antonio's will be more flashier, but both his and Barbon's moves will still be effective). While doing that, I've started another character, Jonathan Blade from Eternal Champions. The shots are attached at the bottom now because of the recent mishap of Imageshack.

-----------------
Also, I wanna ask what people thought of putting noreflect in combo attacks in the demo I uploaded right here:
http://www.filedropper.com/sbmmnoreflectdemo

The purpose to keep the action going without slowing down much(much like in Marvel Alliance). Any comments or suggestions about it will be appreciated.  :)

X)

0%

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal