Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

What openbor you prefer: Double dragon,battletoads or final fight !? by lirexpatrio
[December 07, 2012, 07:15:27 pm]

what are your favorite games OpenBOR?! by lirexpatrio
[December 07, 2012, 07:09:46 pm]

Post Some Awesome Videos by maxman
[December 07, 2012, 05:51:39 pm]

Can @cmd playmusic "aaaa" 1 also increse music sound ? by BeasTie
[December 07, 2012, 05:24:38 pm]

Streets of Rage: Silent Storm by mtrain
[December 07, 2012, 03:45:05 pm]

Site will be down for maintenance on 12/8/2012 thru 12/10/2012 by Damon Caskey
[December 07, 2012, 07:42:42 am]

Cancelled SOR 3d Remake by riccochet
[December 07, 2012, 03:58:33 am]

Dungeon Fighter: B.O.R. by msmalik681
[December 07, 2012, 03:24:27 am]

[TUTORIAL] How to create 4 Games of OpenBOR in 1 CD (650 MB) by magggas
[December 06, 2012, 09:46:25 pm]

custknife by Bloodbane
[December 06, 2012, 09:34:09 pm]

blockfx help by B.Kardi
[December 06, 2012, 04:09:14 pm]

street of age 4 hd by corradlo
[December 06, 2012, 01:41:36 pm]

ClaFan - Classic Fantasy ver 1.17 by soniczxblade
[December 06, 2012, 05:01:20 am]

Bug Archive by Bloodbane
[December 06, 2012, 02:00:44 am]

"Bio-Doom" and "Gears of Doom" by BulletBob
[December 05, 2012, 10:07:21 pm]

Contra Locked 'N' Loaded v2 by Bloodbane
[December 05, 2012, 09:39:43 pm]

Downloadable OpenBoR Manual by BeasTie
[December 05, 2012, 08:31:24 pm]

Having trouble testing changes by B.Kardi
[December 05, 2012, 03:05:53 pm]

DragonBall Absalon by msmalik681
[December 05, 2012, 02:52:13 pm]

[Hi-Res] Swamp by Vibrant
[December 05, 2012, 10:47:14 am]

• Dot Guests: 36
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

Author Topic: Sega Brawlers Megamix  (Read 95242 times)

Offline Bloodbane

• Dark Dragon
Re: Sega Brawlers Megamix(Check first post for Char list)
« Reply #525 on: March 03, 2011, 05:32:28 am »
I've finished Barbon and still working Antonio from the SOR series, giving both of them freespecials(Antonio's will be more flashier, but both his and Barbon's moves will still be effective).

Good! Are they for Streets of Rage world?

I wanna ask what people thought of putting noreflect in combo attacks in the demo I uploaded right here:

From the Marvel Alliance video you showed in demo thread, I think it's better to use defense command instead of noreflect cause you can specify the damage which can be endured by characters. Even better, you can define different defense value for different character.
 Noreflect is best used for attacks which won't put entity in PAIN or FALL at all.

About the mod, this noreflect is hardly significant IMO cause there are so many knockdown attacks 'flying around'.
OpenBoR Manual

Basic OpenBoR Tutorials

OpenBoR Tricks & Tutorials

"The more often enemies attack, the more open they are to counter attacks"

Offline DJGameFreakTheIguana

• Credit to Vyck_St.Judas, Edited by me.
« Reply #526 on: March 21, 2011, 06:28:02 pm »
Yo people, I'm back!  :cheers!:
My aunts PC broke down again, so I was out for a while, and SBMM work kinda slowed downed from playing Yakuza so much. I beat about 2 weeks back, but I bought phantasy star universe to, then I beat that last weekend. Besides working on cosmic damage again, my schedule is freeing up.
Since those screen shots I posted last time, I've begun to set up a new hub menu for Battle mode using a simpler trick from hitting big TVs. Now your taking to a menu with all the stage put up, and you select by moving your cursor to the desired stage, pressing a button, and your all set. Check the 2 shots below.  ;)

Good! Are they for Streets of Rage world?
Yep.  :)

From the Marvel Alliance video you showed in demo thread, I think it's better to use defense command instead of noreflect cause you can specify the damage which can be endured by characters. Even better, you can define different defense value for different character.
 Noreflect is best used for attacks which won't put entity in PAIN or FALL at all.

About the mod, this noreflect is hardly significant IMO cause there are so many knockdown attacks 'flying around'.
I see. I'll have to look into that command. Thanks.

x)

Offline Bloodbane

• Dark Dragon
« Reply #527 on: March 21, 2011, 06:43:20 pm »
 Welcome back!

That's cool level select menu! Hopefully it's stable if player stands between 2 TVs and 'click' there.
OpenBoR Manual

Basic OpenBoR Tutorials

« Reply #528 on: March 21, 2011, 06:47:44 pm »
Thanks Blood.

Not to worry about stability. I was thinking about this myself so I shot 2 TVs at once with Earthworm Jim(I didn't have the cursor entities yet), and I was just taken to one of the levels. It's all good.

X)

« Reply #529 on: March 27, 2011, 02:24:28 am »
You guys remember that sprite I tried to make some time ago:
http://lavalit.com:8080/index.php/topic,2575.msg73373.html#msg73373

I'm about to attempt it again, but this time with a different character. I recently found "The Club" for the Xbox360 at a disc reply a few weeks back, and with this being a sega title, I had to try to do something. I'm starting off with the Club's favorite son, Killin:
http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/action/theclub/images/6185766/1/?tag=thumbs_below%3Bthumb;1

With him, there are two characters I plan on using as a base: K'(KOF) and Kabal(Mortal Kombat). If any of you guys have any suggestions, let me know.  :)

X)

Offline Bloodbane

• Dark Dragon
« Reply #530 on: March 28, 2011, 12:03:08 am »
 That guy uses a gun, are you going to have another shooter in this mod?

With him, there are two characters I plan on using as a base: K'(KOF) and Kabal(Mortal Kombat)

So you are going to shrink them after editing?
OpenBoR Manual

Basic OpenBoR Tutorials

« Reply #531 on: March 28, 2011, 01:01:29 am »
That guy uses a gun, are you going to have another shooter in this mod?
Most likely, but it will only be for his freespecials, I'll try to mix his moves between K' and Kabal, and anyone else I think may have fitting moves.

So you are going to shrink them after editing?
I'm shrinking them before editing. I want them to be close to Streets of rage as I can do them, and shrinking them afterwords will only mess up the end result in game.

X)

« Reply #532 on: March 31, 2011, 10:13:33 pm »
The new SBMM update is going a little slow while trying to learn these scripts and working on other projects, but These are the things I'll be updating:
-Grab problems: Left attack 3 on grab moves, cause attack to hold on to targets, which results in crashes.
-New stage select menu: A few posts above.
-The new arcade mode.
Some characters may be made in between these updates, like Blade from Eternal Champions who's close to being finished.

X)
« Last Edit: March 31, 2011, 10:15:16 pm by DJGameFreakTheIguana »

« Reply #533 on: April 07, 2011, 09:56:08 pm »
YO people. I have a question to ask about SBMM and what anyone here thinks should be concentrated on first. I'm still behind on adventure mode and arcade mode, so I wanna know which one do you think I should focus on more. Either full levels of bad guys or organized 1-0n-1 or higher fights.

Also, the characters. Should I grab the ones already done in the main demo and just update them, or should I keep on adding new who haven't been done yet?

X)

Offline Bloodbane

• Dark Dragon
« Reply #534 on: April 10, 2011, 01:16:39 am »
so I wanna know which one do you think I should focus on more. Either full levels of bad guys or organized 1-0n-1 or higher fights.

Umm... I'm not sure about the main theme of your mod. Is it about 1vs1 fights or adventure? The answer will be my answer to your question.

Should I grab the ones already done in the main demo and just update them, or should I keep on adding new who haven't been done yet?

Hmmm... how many characters you'd like to have?
 The answer to this question depends on your focus. Do you focus on wide variety of characters or abilities they have?
OpenBoR Manual

Basic OpenBoR Tutorials

« Reply #535 on: April 10, 2011, 01:33:04 am »
Umm... I'm not sure about the main theme of your mod. Is it about 1vs1 fights or adventure? The answer will be my answer to your question.
The main theme altogether is a fighting game full of sega characters, but I wanna have multiple play styles to it.

Hmmm... how many characters you'd like to have?
as many as I can think of and able to get in.  :)
The answer to this question depends on your focus. Do you focus on wide variety of characters or abilities they have?
Variety, besides, most of them have various abilities anyway. You do have a point though, I guess it does depend on my focus. I could probably do it in turns: update 2 or 3 pre-made chars from the main demo, then make 1 whole new character.

My post was mainly to see what people might have wanted to see done with this mod first, or their input on it. I guess I'll just going at it as usual.  :)

X)

« Reply #536 on: April 13, 2011, 08:16:22 pm »
Working a little slowly thanks to MS paint taking long to load up and even save files, I've finally got all the cursors done for the stage select screen(a few posts back)
Not only that, but I've got the first Gunstar Heroes modified and ready for the beta demo, so the next update will contain both of those after I set the enemies for some of the battle mode stages since I haven't got some of the newer chars in them.

I plan on getting the new arcade mode set after this, with two Streets of rage, Golden Axe, sonic bosses ready, and I can set up a good demo of that.

X)

« Reply #537 on: April 16, 2011, 05:35:49 pm »
Ok people. I've finished some fixes I had to make last night and everything seems to be running smoothly. The only problem I'm having is that SBMM wont run when I use the new update I have set up in my Portable HD, but still runs on my Main HD and paked on the wii, with the log file not giving my any reason why. Instead of racking my head over it, I'm just gonna upload the whole data and pak downloads for the beta. I've also notice me filedropper links have died since the last upload, so I gotta take'em down. If I don't run into any problems, I'll have them up in a few hours from now.

X)

« Reply #538 on: April 18, 2011, 07:40:19 pm »
Ok, not that I got that new update out of the way, I've already gotten started on the new additions to Arcade mode. First off, General Slaughter from Battletoads is ready. With him and the other 4 bosses from SOR and Golden Axe, I wanna get one more boss ready: Mecha Knuckles. If any of yall played my last chaotix rage demo, this boss appeared on th pumpkin hill level. He mainly uses projectiles with only one close up attack, and I plan on giving him two more moves to. Once I'm done with him, I'll gather up some enemies to face when you choose to face them in team battles. I'll make screen shots soon.

BTW, BIG reminder: The new update was uploaded last night. If you haven't gotten it yet, click on my sig and scroll down to Beta demo. From there, click on the link under Data Download.

X)

Offline Bloodbane

• Dark Dragon
« Reply #539 on: April 18, 2011, 10:58:48 pm »
 Good work! So does this mean, there will be Battletoads world?
OpenBoR Manual

Basic OpenBoR Tutorials

0%

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal