Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

What openbor you prefer: Double dragon,battletoads or final fight !? by lirexpatrio
[December 07, 2012, 07:15:27 pm]

what are your favorite games OpenBOR?! by lirexpatrio
[December 07, 2012, 07:09:46 pm]

Post Some Awesome Videos by maxman
[December 07, 2012, 05:51:39 pm]

Can @cmd playmusic "aaaa" 1 also increse music sound ? by BeasTie
[December 07, 2012, 05:24:38 pm]

Streets of Rage: Silent Storm by mtrain
[December 07, 2012, 03:45:05 pm]

Site will be down for maintenance on 12/8/2012 thru 12/10/2012 by Damon Caskey
[December 07, 2012, 07:42:42 am]

Cancelled SOR 3d Remake by riccochet
[December 07, 2012, 03:58:33 am]

Dungeon Fighter: B.O.R. by msmalik681
[December 07, 2012, 03:24:27 am]

[TUTORIAL] How to create 4 Games of OpenBOR in 1 CD (650 MB) by magggas
[December 06, 2012, 09:46:25 pm]

custknife by Bloodbane
[December 06, 2012, 09:34:09 pm]

blockfx help by B.Kardi
[December 06, 2012, 04:09:14 pm]

street of age 4 hd by corradlo
[December 06, 2012, 01:41:36 pm]

ClaFan - Classic Fantasy ver 1.17 by soniczxblade
[December 06, 2012, 05:01:20 am]

Bug Archive by Bloodbane
[December 06, 2012, 02:00:44 am]

"Bio-Doom" and "Gears of Doom" by BulletBob
[December 05, 2012, 10:07:21 pm]

Contra Locked 'N' Loaded v2 by Bloodbane
[December 05, 2012, 09:39:43 pm]

Downloadable OpenBoR Manual by BeasTie
[December 05, 2012, 08:31:24 pm]

Having trouble testing changes by B.Kardi
[December 05, 2012, 03:05:53 pm]

DragonBall Absalon by msmalik681
[December 05, 2012, 02:52:13 pm]

[Hi-Res] Swamp by Vibrant
[December 05, 2012, 10:47:14 am]

• Dot Guests: 8
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

Author Topic: Night Slashers X - by BonusJZ  (Read 127995 times)

Offline omega941

Re: Night Slashers X - by BonusJZ
« Reply #465 on: May 26, 2010, 09:25:28 am »

Anyways, when it comes to credits usage, I'm sure BonusJZ wants players to play skillfully instead of spending one live per second. Really, most beat'm ups become worthless and cheap if we play them by spamming specials all the time to kill enemies with cheats or 1000 credits no jutsu. For players, that's OK but not for modders or game creators.

not to mention bonusjz left the ability to start from last checkpoint each time we exit game. sure you may start with a sliver of health some time but this is also an advantage as it give you access to your desperation attack which can be used for ultimate PWN and win if you pick you spots wisely and don't just rush in like an idiot.
it just takes some time, practice and patience is all. i managed to make it to drac's castle on 1 credit. it took many retries but i did it WITHOUT extending the credit number or changing the number of lives.

Offline miguelo

« Reply #466 on: May 26, 2010, 12:43:54 pm »
yeah i forget battle circuit!, but i also dont remenber right now the year (i think that avp is from 94 and battle circuit from 95 not?).
i dont remenber it well since i see all capcom games in arcades, with only that exception.

the secret level:
----------------
and YES finally i discover that secret level. is in the stage 2 (really stage 1 hospital if you not count that cool "house stage 0" that bonusjz made).

well for access to that secret level, you must wait in front of the elevator. that means kill all the enemys around there, but not continue your way to the right!.

then keep near the elevator and finally you can play that secret stage.
thanks to the guy that talk about this in one of the previous post.

that level are the library and the secret laboratory. saddly my game crash since i make some experiments by try to add 4 players and look what happens with that...

i let the other 3 players die before entering the elevator, passed the library stage, and in the follow level (the secret laboratory) against the doctor boss, just in the moment after the doctor transformation, the game do a crash and exits the openbor.

sure this must be for the lack of memory for support 4 players when the game is maked for 2 pls only with lots of enemies and features, and even if the other 3 players dies, the memory usage of the engine remenber that thing (the 4 players), and are overpassed (well, thats i suppose).

but also maybe can be some of those damn-rare random game crashes that else game can have, who knows... ??

i only have that fail 1 time by now. so i dont know if that crash happens always or not.
but i supposed that yes, and it must happens always with use 4 players there.

anyway is only one experiment i make. one experiment that indeed crash with irony in the laboratory level. (experiment-laboratory) :laughing:

by the way, is a pity that the game dont have 3 players like the original mame arcade game, and not only 2. (or even 4 thinking in that nsx version2)

but this game is very cool, and maybe due to that it uses all the memory of the engine by now.

anyway, maybe the game can have more memory if not keep in the ground the death corpses of all the enemies... a cool detail, but that sure use memory.

ps: about the thing i explain yesterday about cadillacs and avp... well really this nsx vers1 have more moves that cadillacs and dinosaurs. but sure it have less that these unreleased cool nsx version 2...

ps2: can be a great idea if someone make a gift or something with that secret level cheat and all the moves for the 3 chars.
in that way really the game can be enjoyed much more...
« Last Edit: May 26, 2010, 12:49:49 pm by miguelo »

Offline Bloodbane

• Dark Dragon
« Reply #467 on: May 27, 2010, 09:54:22 am »
about the thing i explain yesterday about cadillacs and avp... well really this nsx vers1 have more moves that cadillacs and dinosaurs. but sure it have less that these unreleased cool nsx version 2...

But of course! Most modders made heroes with lots of moves.

yeah i forget battle circuit!, but i also dont remenber right now the year (i think that avp is from 94 and battle circuit from 95 not?).

Battle Circuit is from 1997 according to rom name.
OpenBoR Manual

Basic OpenBoR Tutorials

OpenBoR Tricks & Tutorials

"The more often enemies attack, the more open they are to counter attacks"

Offline osiander

Re: Does Night Slasher X work on Dingoo?
« Reply #468 on: June 05, 2010, 04:01:24 pm »
i tried Night SlasherX on my dingoo, but the loading did not work... is there a version of Night Slasher X that works on dingoo?
I'm working on it.Now it can run 1 stage on my dingoo.I have converted all the pictures into 8bit mode,gif format, so it can run much quicker(with 16bit mod only abt 20fps but 8bit mod 40fps without any color lost).But to run the whole game it is need to much  further work to do.This mod has too much in it.
Edit:
You can get the 1st dingoo version here.I'm sorry,only 1 stage now.
http://u.115.com/file/f1445ac99
thanks a lot

Offline esn23

« Reply #469 on: June 18, 2010, 03:21:54 pm »
Hmmm it crashes on my psp.. It loads half way gets stuck and then goes back to my main menu..

Offline drdoompi

« Reply #470 on: July 17, 2010, 04:18:44 pm »
this mod is a masterpiece

The difficulty is so unique.... so unique than Final Fight 1

and precisely the difficulty makes this mod unique

If people could.. they asks the developers for:

Easily get the 120 stars in Mario 64
Easily finish the Castlevania 1, 2 and 3
and on, and on, and on..

the true value of a challenge is not the "game experience" is the difficulty in completing certain level

Offline rawket_lawnchair

« Reply #471 on: October 09, 2010, 03:06:11 pm »
registered for this. thanks so far, i'm downloading now. if it's really good i will send a bit of donation.

Offline nocturnus

« Reply #472 on: October 10, 2010, 04:08:45 am »
yes nightslashers x is a masterpiece!!! i'm waiting golden axe always bonusjz...nothing news for that mod???

Offline bWWd

« Reply #473 on: October 10, 2010, 08:03:51 am »
bonusjz was banned for his weird behaviour ,read his last posts,nobody knows anything ,i was in contact with him on messenger long time ago but then i lost contact with him.

Offline msmalik681

« Reply #474 on: October 10, 2010, 06:10:58 pm »
bonusjz was banned for his weird behaviour ,read his last posts,nobody knows anything ,i was in contact with him on messenger long time ago but then i lost contact with him.

what a shame !

Offline AldenF

« Reply #475 on: October 15, 2010, 10:33:27 pm »
I also suffered teh issue Miguelo mentioned in this page. Namely, the game crashing in the secret level, during the doctor/scientist fight, when he transforms. Basically, the game crashes right after he transforms, likely right the moment he should resume fighting. I found the log file, and it mentions this.

FATAL: tried to set animation with invalid address (Doctor2, 36)

Since I am not familiar with Openbor, and it seems the source file is compressed, I can't really do much with it, but perhaps, by any chance, someone here can look at it and perhaps solve it?.

As a note, I didn't change any game option, besides teh screen resolution. And the controls so i would use my gamepad. I was playing with the girl character, if that helps any.

Also, I can offer the log file to anyone interested in checking the issue, if it can shed info about it. Just give me a e-mail for it.

Final edit, I have the .spk version it seem, downloaded it from the link in first post of this thread, please, let me know if the unsecure pak version or whatever is called doesn't have this issue, and or, if it can be solved.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2010, 11:06:49 pm by AldenF »

Offline Plombo

• Your source for useful modding tools!
« Reply #476 on: October 16, 2010, 11:46:25 am »
Well, you might try it with the ordinary PAK version.  The SPK file is encrypted, whereas the PAK version is an unencrypted version of the same game that you can extract with borpak or paxplode.

By the way, the error message says that a Doctor2 entity is trying to go into a running animation (anim run) when it doesn't actually have one.

Offline AldenF

« Reply #477 on: October 16, 2010, 12:18:03 pm »
Ok, I'll try to find that version. Anyone can actually tell me if said error is present there or not?.

I wish I knew anything about OpenBOR. :). Thanks for telling me what was the issue at least.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2010, 12:23:48 pm by AldenF »

Offline Bloodbane

• Dark Dragon
« Reply #478 on: October 18, 2010, 07:21:00 pm »
By the way, the error message says that a Doctor2 entity is trying to go into a running animation (anim run) when it doesn't actually have one.

Hmmm.... this reminds me to old bug regarding subtype chase (and aimove chase too). For those who hasn't realized it yet, most if not all enemies and bosses in Nightslashers X use that AI which make them go toward player. While moving toward player, they play WALK animation, however if player is too far (there's a range setting), they might switch to RUN.
 IIRC RUN is not mandatory so even if this chase AI is set, WALK animation is enough.

The old bug is just like this, OpenBoR crashed just because enemy is missing RUN.

AlDenF, do you always get this bug everytime you fight Doctor2? or just occasionally?
OpenBoR Manual

Basic OpenBoR Tutorials

OpenBoR Tricks & Tutorials

"The more often enemies attack, the more open they are to counter attacks"

Offline AldenF

« Reply #479 on: October 19, 2010, 09:19:39 pm »
Well, it happened to me a few times. At different ranges. I found the .pak version, and it runned well the first time I tried that battle, I can do a tad of playtesting. As a note, I use the openbor versions bundled with the files obviously.

0%

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal