Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

What openbor you prefer: Double dragon,battletoads or final fight !? by lirexpatrio
[December 07, 2012, 07:15:27 pm]

what are your favorite games OpenBOR?! by lirexpatrio
[December 07, 2012, 07:09:46 pm]

Post Some Awesome Videos by maxman
[December 07, 2012, 05:51:39 pm]

Can @cmd playmusic "aaaa" 1 also increse music sound ? by BeasTie
[December 07, 2012, 05:24:38 pm]

Streets of Rage: Silent Storm by mtrain
[December 07, 2012, 03:45:05 pm]

Site will be down for maintenance on 12/8/2012 thru 12/10/2012 by Damon Caskey
[December 07, 2012, 07:42:42 am]

Cancelled SOR 3d Remake by riccochet
[December 07, 2012, 03:58:33 am]

Dungeon Fighter: B.O.R. by msmalik681
[December 07, 2012, 03:24:27 am]

[TUTORIAL] How to create 4 Games of OpenBOR in 1 CD (650 MB) by magggas
[December 06, 2012, 09:46:25 pm]

custknife by Bloodbane
[December 06, 2012, 09:34:09 pm]

blockfx help by B.Kardi
[December 06, 2012, 04:09:14 pm]

street of age 4 hd by corradlo
[December 06, 2012, 01:41:36 pm]

ClaFan - Classic Fantasy ver 1.17 by soniczxblade
[December 06, 2012, 05:01:20 am]

Bug Archive by Bloodbane
[December 06, 2012, 02:00:44 am]

"Bio-Doom" and "Gears of Doom" by BulletBob
[December 05, 2012, 10:07:21 pm]

Contra Locked 'N' Loaded v2 by Bloodbane
[December 05, 2012, 09:39:43 pm]

Downloadable OpenBoR Manual by BeasTie
[December 05, 2012, 08:31:24 pm]

Having trouble testing changes by B.Kardi
[December 05, 2012, 03:05:53 pm]

DragonBall Absalon by msmalik681
[December 05, 2012, 02:52:13 pm]

[Hi-Res] Swamp by Vibrant
[December 05, 2012, 10:47:14 am]

• Dot Guests: 44
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

Author Topic: CastleVania BoR  (Read 44373 times)

Offline Hanzo

• One for Da Hood
Re: CastleVania BoR
« Reply #195 on: January 05, 2010, 07:01:20 am »
Dope music Warmachine. I'm bangin that track like crazy man. Can't wait to play your mod soon.

Keepin it Old School

Offline Warmachine

« Reply #196 on: January 05, 2010, 08:56:20 am »
Dope music Warmachine. I'm bangin that track like crazy man. Can't wait to play your mod soon.
Thanks man, those tunes sound pretty sick in the game too! nothing quite like goin medieval on some monsters with some metaled out castlevania and contra!  >:D  :laughing:

Offline BadChad

« Reply #197 on: January 05, 2010, 06:17:13 pm »
Well props to you Warmachine. You definetly have great musical talent. I play the guitar myself but Im nothing close to your level, and Im all nothing but METAL!!! ;) But Im pretty sure my taste is different from yours.

Mighty Final Fight Mod In Progress

Offline Warmachine

« Reply #198 on: January 05, 2010, 07:24:57 pm »
i appretiate it badchad!  thats awesome that you play guitar too!  and if its all metal, then its all good!  >:D

Offline Warmachine

« Reply #199 on: January 05, 2010, 08:12:34 pm »
i need some help guys.  im trying to find a really good song to do for the title screen.  if anybody has any suggestions, let me know.  doesnt have to be combinations of contra/castlevania, because chances are if i get a good choice to start with then the other half will follow.  i'll let you guys know if i come up with something

Offline Fightn Words

• Confectionary Country of the Nin-Nin
« Reply #200 on: January 05, 2010, 08:51:44 pm »
Have you done the actual main Castlevania theme yet?

Offline Warmachine

« Reply #201 on: January 05, 2010, 08:57:31 pm »
by main theme do you mean vampire killer?  or maybe beginning?  if so then yeah and i could throw either one of those as a title screen jingle but i would like to use something else if at all possible.  just mainly because i dont want to use the same tunes twice ya know?

Offline Die_In_Fire

• Where eagles dare!
« Reply #202 on: January 05, 2010, 09:00:40 pm »

Offline Warmachine

« Reply #203 on: January 05, 2010, 09:13:16 pm »
Thanks for the suggestions die in fire!  i might have to try out the dracula's curse tune, just depends.  i want to make the title music aggressive to match the style of gameplay.  the mod itself is gonna be like a castlevania on steroids!  here's what i got so far as possible candidates:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YAWGXnZbCLA#

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DZKsdWfUu_Y#

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W8bVZoscHwI#

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X4QokaVX_6w&feature=related#

thats all i got so far, but if you have more suggestions dont hesistate to send them my way, and on that note, if you have any contra tunes in mind, pass em on! thanks again!  :cheers!:

Offline Die_In_Fire

• Where eagles dare!
« Reply #204 on: January 05, 2010, 09:32:09 pm »
but those tracks are more like stages music, you know, when fighting enemies (specially the aria of sorrow one, that is when fighting a "friend-foe" just like in that game versus Julius Belmont), I was thinking that you need a song for the main screen.

ohh talking about castlevania of game boy, a very cool song and my fave of thast game is the Cloud Castle one, specially the first 18 seconds:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kXmA6-aTKFQ&feature=related#

a cool remix:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CWb9LjR5unU#

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jhqU9YENL9k&feature=related#

about Contra, I'm not sure yet...

Offline Warmachine

« Reply #205 on: January 05, 2010, 09:43:14 pm »
i hear ya dude.   :laughing: that cartoon vid is a trip!  i actually have something "special" planned for that particular track.  that's on my to-do list!  :laughing: the song is actually called "Praying Hands".  that whole OST is actually pretty kick a$$!  so is the castlevania adventure on the gameboy also.  and yeah the contra side is harder than what people would think it is when you're taking that style of music and mixing it with a classical sound in castlevania.  but no worries, i only have the title screen, game over, ending and a few more boss themes left and the OST will be ready to roll!  as long as i keep gettin the free time i've had here lately (which i SHOULD because all its done here is snow for the past week straight!) then i should be wrapping this up fairly soon.  at the pace im going i would say sometime before february and that's just giving myself some extra time ya know? thanks for the help man!  much appretiated :cheers!:

Offline Bloodbane

• Dark Dragon
« Reply #206 on: January 06, 2010, 11:37:00 pm »
 Hmmm... where did you get the Contra OST? I'd like to hear them too. Music from Contra Hardcorps are good but not all of them fit the levels of my mod so I have to find alternates.

BTW have you learned how to use scripts at least @cmd scripts? and have you tried shooting without using throwframe aka using script? I mean using script I've shown for Samus in Cosmic Damage hacked demo.

If you have learned both, I could tell you how to make Richter shoot while somersaulting just like Bill does in my mod ;).
OpenBoR Manual

Basic OpenBoR Tutorials

OpenBoR Tricks & Tutorials

"The more often enemies attack, the more open they are to counter attacks"

Offline Warmachine

« Reply #207 on: January 07, 2010, 05:57:16 am »
Hmmm... where did you get the Contra OST? I'd like to hear them too. Music from Contra Hardcorps are good but not all of them fit the levels of my mod so I have to find alternates.

BTW have you learned how to use scripts at least @cmd scripts? and have you tried shooting without using throwframe aka using script? I mean using script I've shown for Samus in Cosmic Damage hacked demo.

If you have learned both, I could tell you how to make Richter shoot while somersaulting just like Bill does in my mod ;).
still no luck yet bane  :eek: i plan on getting more into scripting once i have the OST finished.  it gave me a good change of pace, and once the OST is out of the way i can focus all my time on learning script.  i appretiate you being cool enough to share with me how to do the shoot with the somersault! thanks bane!   :cheers!: as far as the OST's go, check this site first : http://contra.kontek.net/media/media.htm   thats the best one i've come across so far.  but it doesnt have it all.  try this site to fill in the blanks that the contra hq doesnt have : http://downloads.khinsider.com/  this site is just good overall for game OST's, not just contra

Offline Darkmanx_429

« Reply #208 on: January 07, 2010, 09:22:42 pm »
Battle of Neo City

I appreciate everyones positive attitudes towards my mod and my bud Warmachines tunes so here is another stage that I just created for the mod! (Lifebar is subject to change.)
« Last Edit: January 07, 2010, 09:26:56 pm by Darkmanx_429 »
"What a horrible night to have a curse"

Offline Warmachine

« Reply #209 on: January 07, 2010, 09:35:13 pm »
Battle of Neo City

I appreciate everyones positive attitudes towards my mod and my bud Warmachines tunes so here is another stage that I just created for the mod! (Lifebar is subject to change.)
now thats a damn sexy stage there!  it needs a damn sexy track to go with it.  check this out:  http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=1023974    this is the main soundclick profile page guys.  i know there were some problems with listening to some of the tracks before (my bad!) so this page will get you all the songs thus far.  The song to this stage is called "Battle of Neo City" mixing "Neo City" from Contra 4 and "Battle of the Holy" from Castlevania Adventure.  make sure to give you're boys Darkman and Warmachine some love!!!!

0%

mighty
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal