Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

What openbor you prefer: Double dragon,battletoads or final fight !? by lirexpatrio
[December 07, 2012, 07:15:27 pm]

what are your favorite games OpenBOR?! by lirexpatrio
[December 07, 2012, 07:09:46 pm]

Post Some Awesome Videos by maxman
[December 07, 2012, 05:51:39 pm]

Can @cmd playmusic "aaaa" 1 also increse music sound ? by BeasTie
[December 07, 2012, 05:24:38 pm]

Streets of Rage: Silent Storm by mtrain
[December 07, 2012, 03:45:05 pm]

Site will be down for maintenance on 12/8/2012 thru 12/10/2012 by Damon Caskey
[December 07, 2012, 07:42:42 am]

Cancelled SOR 3d Remake by riccochet
[December 07, 2012, 03:58:33 am]

Dungeon Fighter: B.O.R. by msmalik681
[December 07, 2012, 03:24:27 am]

[TUTORIAL] How to create 4 Games of OpenBOR in 1 CD (650 MB) by magggas
[December 06, 2012, 09:46:25 pm]

custknife by Bloodbane
[December 06, 2012, 09:34:09 pm]

blockfx help by B.Kardi
[December 06, 2012, 04:09:14 pm]

street of age 4 hd by corradlo
[December 06, 2012, 01:41:36 pm]

ClaFan - Classic Fantasy ver 1.17 by soniczxblade
[December 06, 2012, 05:01:20 am]

Bug Archive by Bloodbane
[December 06, 2012, 02:00:44 am]

"Bio-Doom" and "Gears of Doom" by BulletBob
[December 05, 2012, 10:07:21 pm]

Contra Locked 'N' Loaded v2 by Bloodbane
[December 05, 2012, 09:39:43 pm]

Downloadable OpenBoR Manual by BeasTie
[December 05, 2012, 08:31:24 pm]

Having trouble testing changes by B.Kardi
[December 05, 2012, 03:05:53 pm]

DragonBall Absalon by msmalik681
[December 05, 2012, 02:52:13 pm]

[Hi-Res] Swamp by Vibrant
[December 05, 2012, 10:47:14 am]

• Dot Guests: 9
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

Author Topic: Contra : Locked 'N' Loaded  (Read 80555 times)

Offline StryfeDC

Re: Contra mod (working title)
« Reply #225 on: March 19, 2010, 09:36:06 am »
And he is not me
I didn't mean to belittle your efforts, and I appreciate the work you're putting into this project. I was wondering about the general 2d platforming, action, and shooter possibilities.

I wouldn't be interested in a traditional OBOR beat'em up Castlevania anyways.  :-X

Offline Mrgrill247

« Reply #226 on: March 19, 2010, 02:57:59 pm »
If you do a search on Castlevania, you will find a few mods.  A great example would be Vampire Hunters which is bascially a fun game.

Enough about Castlevania in this Contra thread, lets get back to what we really want to know from Bloodbane, Demo 3!

And he is not me
I didn't mean to belittle your efforts, and I appreciate the work you're putting into this project. I was wondering about the general 2d platforming, action, and shooter possibilities.

I wouldn't be interested in a traditional OBOR beat'em up Castlevania anyways.  :-X
Ninja magic. Ninjitsu-to, the ability to seem invisible to cause fear and paralisis in your enemies.

Offline Bloodbane

• Dark Dragon
« Reply #227 on: March 20, 2010, 10:26:37 am »
:doh!: I forgot that Vyck and I are also working on Castlevania mod named Devil Slayer. Haven't heard anything new from him lately.

I was wondering about the general 2d platforming, action, and shooter possibilities.

Hmmm.... there are couples issues but in general, they are possible.

About Demo 3, I don't have plan for that yet. It's too early to talk about that.
OpenBoR Manual

Basic OpenBoR Tutorials

OpenBoR Tricks & Tutorials

"The more often enemies attack, the more open they are to counter attacks"

Offline mgman

« Reply #228 on: March 20, 2010, 12:01:03 pm »
Heh, he's right about that!

Anyway, if you're looking for sprites, backgrounds, music, I can definitely try and get them for you. I can rip sprites/backgrounds from Contra Hard Corps now, so if you want, tell exactly which.

Offline Bloodbane

• Dark Dragon
« Reply #229 on: March 22, 2010, 11:04:19 am »
 Thanks mgman, I still making plans for next levels but at least for now you could help me rip missing sprites for Sheena. The spritesheet you showed me before missing these:

- Shooting animation. No, I can't use aiming sprites for shooting. Shooting sprites has slight difference in arm position. While shooting, arm is slightly pushed back.
- Bike Ride animation. I need sprites WITHOUT the vehicle. So that means, the Bike must be erased.
- Drop animation. I am referring to state when Sheena drops off platform, ceiling or railing or walks off platform. During this state, Sheena can aim and shoot in 8 direction. Since she flips, technically there are only 5 sprite set+ static drop pose when she didn't do anything while dropping.

I hope this is understandable.

Now while I'm here, I would like to announce this. This mod's name is Contra : Locked 'n Loaded. I'm gonna need to find proper fonts for the Locked 'n Loaded part in the title.

Anyways, my plan with this mod is to have multiple mission. As you know, just from Contra series, I could use background and sprites from Contra 3, Contra Hardcorps, Contra 4, and the arcade Contras. Excluding NES and gameboy that is. If I use resources from other games, there would be even more to be used.
 Jumbling all of these resources into one mission is too much so I decided to make couple missions within this mod.
 Extra mission in the 2nd demo is one of the missions. I have plan for other mission but I better focus on the main one first. Umm... I shouldn't called it main actually since every mission should be equal.

Currently, I'm working on Fang and most if not all of his sprites are ready. Just need to add remaps, adjust mechanics and test him.
OpenBoR Manual

Basic OpenBoR Tutorials

Offline mgman

Re: Contra : Locked 'n Loaded
« Reply #230 on: March 22, 2010, 01:58:33 pm »
Ok, I will try to get them for you :)

BTW, the Contra 4/Contra Rebirth inspiration is made of WIN.

Offline Darkmanx_429

« Reply #231 on: March 27, 2010, 06:20:40 pm »
If you do a search on Castlevania, you will find a few mods.  A great example would be Vampire Hunters which is bascially a fun game.

Enough about Castlevania in this Contra thread, lets get back to what we really want to know from Bloodbane, Demo 3!

And he is not me

Don't hate on Castlevania, my mod is coming along too! lol
Bane, I have access to the Contra 4: Rocked and Loaded OST if you want to include the music in your mod...
"What a horrible night to have a curse"

Offline Bloodbane

• Dark Dragon
« Reply #232 on: March 28, 2010, 03:40:14 am »
 Rocked n Loaded? from which part that soundtrack is?
OpenBoR Manual

Basic OpenBoR Tutorials

Offline Darkmanx_429

« Reply #233 on: March 28, 2010, 12:37:27 pm »
Rocked n Loaded? from which part that soundtrack is?
http://www.rockednloaded.com/

Trust me, you want want it. It's primarly tracks from Contra 4. It's not as custom as the music for my mod, but it will make your tracks sound a hell of alot better. If you are interested and like what you hear then hit me up on the PM.

Offline Bloodbane

• Dark Dragon
« Reply #234 on: March 29, 2010, 01:19:32 pm »
If you are interested and like what you hear then hit me up on the PM.

It's tough to judge music without listening. Hmmm... I will gonna have to find time to view the video.

Anyways as usual, another thanks to God for these updates!
 1st, Shot of Power Shot,

Power Shot:

It's similar to Fang's B weapon except that it can be fired in 8 direction. Like the original weapon, it's close range weapon however in this mod it packs high damage.
 Speaking of Fang, let's welcome him to this mod!

Fang:

Thanks to DJGameFreakIguana for half of his sprites :). I ripped the rest including motor bike sprites myself. He has 4 remaps. You can see one of them above.
 This is his ride bike version:

If you don't know from what levels these shots were taken, that means you haven't played every level in 2nd demo.

Aside of showing Fang, the 2nd shots show new level. The background was ripped from a boss fight in Cyber Lip. Here it is:

If you have played that game, you'll see that the level is flat and limited (well that's a boss level anyway), I have to do couple edits to split background and front layer and to add variations to the level, especially for adding platforms. The level itself is 80% finished BTW.

And from the HUD, you can see two weapon icons which show 2 current weapons. Just like in Contra 3, bright icon shows the held weapon while dark icon the stored one. This also means, another key is used to switch the weapon.

Now to finish that level and make new vertical level;)!.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2010, 01:30:04 pm by Bloodbane »
OpenBoR Manual

Basic OpenBoR Tutorials

Offline mgman

« Reply #235 on: March 29, 2010, 05:21:45 pm »
You should make a vertical descending level :)

Or if that's what you're planning to do, awesome!

Offline yotatouch

• 炎の昇龍 Honoo no Shouryuu
    • Yotatouch web site
« Reply #236 on: March 29, 2010, 06:05:23 pm »
The "power shot" looks very interesting! Hope to see it in action soon.
If someone is better than you, admit your defeat, then rise and try to be better than him, with respect.

Offline Darkmanx_429

« Reply #237 on: March 29, 2010, 07:23:26 pm »
If you are interested and like what you hear then hit me up on the PM.

It's tough to judge music without listening. Hmmm... I will gonna have to find time to view the video.

Anyways as usual, another thanks to God for these updates!
 1st, Shot of Power Shot,

Power Shot:

It's similar to Fang's B weapon except that it can be fired in 8 direction. Like the original weapon, it's close range weapon however in this mod it packs high damage.
 Speaking of Fang, let's welcome him to this mod!

Fang:

Thanks to DJGameFreakIguana for half of his sprites :). I ripped the rest including motor bike sprites myself. He has 4 remaps. You can see one of them above.
 This is his ride bike version:

If you don't know from what levels these shots were taken, that means you haven't played every level in 2nd demo.

Aside of showing Fang, the 2nd shots show new level. The background was ripped from a boss fight in Cyber Lip. Here it is:

If you have played that game, you'll see that the level is flat and limited (well that's a boss level anyway), I have to do couple edits to split background and front layer and to add variations to the level, especially for adding platforms. The level itself is 80% finished BTW.

And from the HUD, you can see two weapon icons which show 2 current weapons. Just like in Contra 3, bright icon shows the held weapon while dark icon the stored one. This also means, another key is used to switch the weapon.

Now to finish that level and make new vertical level;)!.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9EuAAlDeY74#

Offline Bloodbane

• Dark Dragon
« Reply #238 on: March 31, 2010, 01:13:22 am »
 Darkman, you need to get used to reply button instead of quote or at least remove the unnecessary part of your quote. You are wasting space here.
 About the teaser, cool remixes! So how do I get them?

You should make a vertical descending level

Or if that's what you're planning to do, awesome!

That's correct! That's exactly what I'm making now.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2010, 02:05:48 am by Bloodbane »
OpenBoR Manual

Basic OpenBoR Tutorials

Offline Damon Caskey

• The Gorge
« Reply #239 on: March 31, 2010, 12:06:47 pm »
Bloodbane, I just added a new setting that might make life much easier on you with this project. It will appear when the latest release is auto compiled, but I'll go ahead and post a zipped copy for you.

rangeb {min} {max}

It works just like rangea (and has same defaults of -1000 1000), but checks base instead of altitude.

I added it for dealing with a combination of traversing platforms on the Z axis and entities with Z range attacks. Instead of the entity Z jumping up to the platform, it kept trying to do its Z attacks. Rangeb fixed that right up.

For you I imagine it might keep an entity on a different platform from shooting or whatnot at something it can't actually hit.

DC
« Last Edit: March 31, 2010, 12:13:05 pm by Damon Caskey »
OpenBOR Wiki.

Coming Soon:
Spoiler
Fatal Fury Chronicals

0%

mighty
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal