Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

What openbor you prefer: Double dragon,battletoads or final fight !? by lirexpatrio
[December 07, 2012, 07:15:27 pm]

what are your favorite games OpenBOR?! by lirexpatrio
[December 07, 2012, 07:09:46 pm]

Post Some Awesome Videos by maxman
[December 07, 2012, 05:51:39 pm]

Can @cmd playmusic "aaaa" 1 also increse music sound ? by BeasTie
[December 07, 2012, 05:24:38 pm]

Streets of Rage: Silent Storm by mtrain
[December 07, 2012, 03:45:05 pm]

Site will be down for maintenance on 12/8/2012 thru 12/10/2012 by Damon Caskey
[December 07, 2012, 07:42:42 am]

Cancelled SOR 3d Remake by riccochet
[December 07, 2012, 03:58:33 am]

Dungeon Fighter: B.O.R. by msmalik681
[December 07, 2012, 03:24:27 am]

[TUTORIAL] How to create 4 Games of OpenBOR in 1 CD (650 MB) by magggas
[December 06, 2012, 09:46:25 pm]

custknife by Bloodbane
[December 06, 2012, 09:34:09 pm]

blockfx help by B.Kardi
[December 06, 2012, 04:09:14 pm]

street of age 4 hd by corradlo
[December 06, 2012, 01:41:36 pm]

ClaFan - Classic Fantasy ver 1.17 by soniczxblade
[December 06, 2012, 05:01:20 am]

Bug Archive by Bloodbane
[December 06, 2012, 02:00:44 am]

"Bio-Doom" and "Gears of Doom" by BulletBob
[December 05, 2012, 10:07:21 pm]

Contra Locked 'N' Loaded v2 by Bloodbane
[December 05, 2012, 09:39:43 pm]

Downloadable OpenBoR Manual by BeasTie
[December 05, 2012, 08:31:24 pm]

Having trouble testing changes by B.Kardi
[December 05, 2012, 03:05:53 pm]

DragonBall Absalon by msmalik681
[December 05, 2012, 02:52:13 pm]

[Hi-Res] Swamp by Vibrant
[December 05, 2012, 10:47:14 am]

• Dot Guests: 170
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

Author Topic: Wii support is here?  (Read 27657 times)

Offline Plombo

• Your source for useful modding tools!
Re: Wii support is here?
« Reply #30 on: December 31, 2009, 10:41:06 pm »
Wait a minute...Sailor V?  Did you download the Wii version?  Because that contains an completely different (and outdated) port of OpenBoR that has the Paks folder, etc. in a different place.

Try downloading the newest Wii devbuild by SX and then follow the instructions that NickyP and I gave you.

Offline nightwishfan1

« Reply #31 on: December 31, 2009, 11:17:46 pm »
I downloaded the pc version pak for Sailor V.  All paks extracted from archives via 7-zip.  And yeah I have the 2615 build.  It's the only release I see on homebrew sites.  And last but not least been following the directions you two give.  OpenBor just isnt working the way you said it should.  As shown in my video.

Edit:  I think I have the 2615 build, though I'm not sure.  File descriptions show that the files were last modified 12/28/09 at 7:28pm.  If that isnt the appropriate build then could someone show me where to get 2615?  Thanks and Happy New Year.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2010, 12:36:07 am by nightwishfan1 »

Offline NickyP

• You know, that guy with the pet drum?
    • Personal OpenBOR site.
« Reply #32 on: January 01, 2010, 12:43:20 am »
You get 2615 right here: http://lavalit.com:8080/index.php/topic,4013.0.html It's the attachment of the first post.

Offline Roel

• Senile Team
  • What happened to my old avatar?
    • Senile Team
« Reply #33 on: January 01, 2010, 04:06:34 am »
nightwishfan1 isn't hallucinating or doing anything wrong. I'm getting similar results. Yes, it's the latest version, and yes, it's in the right location (besides, it shouldn't matter even if it wasn't).

Offline nightwishfan1

« Reply #34 on: January 01, 2010, 08:21:54 am »
nightwishfan1 isn't hallucinating or doing anything wrong. I'm getting similar results. Yes, it's the latest version, and yes, it's in the right location (besides, it shouldn't matter even if it wasn't).

Lol....I made my video to prove that I wasnt either!!  Uploaded the video and described it bit by bit......Wad Manager reading my SD card root contents.....OpenBor folders there at the root......Load OpenBor..........OpenBor reads paks folder that is at SD root......No load of mods......Yeah I know to you guys that the way I describe things sounds as though I'm misplacing things and what not, but no.  That isnt the case.  I described things as well as anyone could possibly describe them given the circumstances.

Worse yet is I've been following directions exactly.  I might be a newbie here, but on tehskeeen, and a few other homebrew sites I have between 75-225 posts that for the most part help with homebrew apps if I've used the particular app in question on a topic.  So I definitely know what I'm doing.  Note my first issue report post states I took the extracted archive as is, and placed it in the apps location of my SD card.  I know Wii apps either use solely the apps directory it has for it at SD:\apps\OpenBor or w/e the app may be or it uses both the apps folder location and the SD root.  Example would be Snes9x GX.

And to NickyP.  I used that download link already.  Same results.  It appears to be the archive homebrew sites are linking back to.

Also FYI all.  I'm a guy.  Kasumi is my icon because I use her the most in DOA games.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2010, 08:54:17 am by nightwishfan1 »

Offline Plombo

• Your source for useful modding tools!
« Reply #35 on: January 01, 2010, 12:51:10 pm »

Wow, okay then.  :wow!:

I think we need SX here to explain what's going on, then.

Offline SillyGoose

« Reply #36 on: January 01, 2010, 12:57:16 pm »
I just tried several games and they all worked fine on my Wii, never even used Bor before on any platform.

Offline nightwishfan1

« Reply #37 on: January 01, 2010, 01:26:38 pm »
^^^It's going to be a sporadic issue from the looks of it.  I'm going to estimate that about possibly one in every ten users may encounter this issue.  On this site alone the archive was downloaded 149 times.  The Wii would be the minority platform I'd suspect given the low post count on it's section in the forums here, and I'll guess that maybe 25 users are actually using the Wii version.  I could be wrong and it might be more or even less, but this is the first time OpenBor has become a full fledged Wii application, and not much of the console homebrew community for Wii would think to look here first.  They would check the various homebrew sites they frequent for any releases.

Now over at tehskeen the release thread posted there for OpenBor recieved 478 views assumingly being for downloads.  Again they wouldnt know to look here.  Especially since it seems tehskeen and w/e other homebrew sites are downloading your archive and uploading it as a direct download from their site, and giving credit to this site as the origin of the app.  So we're not quite seeing how wide spread the issue is, but it definitely is out there for a few that have downloaded it.  That much is obvious if two users here have had issues....With possibly more to come.

Offline Albatross

« Reply #38 on: January 01, 2010, 03:09:20 pm »
Also loading okay for me - the only issues I'm encountering with the Wii port are controller related like NickyP & Plombo have already mentioned, I'm guessing the gamecube controller isn't properly implemented yet as I can select & load a mod with it but not actually play a mod with it.

Offline SX

• Administrator
    • LavaLit
« Reply #39 on: January 01, 2010, 07:28:07 pm »
Well I do plan on releasing another version soon, with all new SD, USB, NTFS file handling redone.  So please be patient.....  as for the directory structure.... it should go like this:

sd:/apps/OpenBOR/boot.dol
sd:/apps/OpenBOR/icon.png
sd:/apps/OpenBOR/meta.xml
sd:/apps/OpenBOR/Saves/
sd:/apps/OpenBOR/Logs/
sd:/apps/OpenBOR/ScreenShots/
sd:/apps/OpenBOR/Paks/

As for modules they have to be in the *.pak format

sd:/apps/OpenBOR/Paks/Crisis Evil.pak
or
sd:/apps/OpenBOR/Paks/Crisis Evil.Pak

Make sure you are paying attention to the case sensitivity of each directory, as that is very important since we are case sensitive, which I will make sure in the future we should no longer care.

Let me know how the hint works out for you guys.....

Offline nightwishfan1

« Reply #40 on: January 01, 2010, 07:34:28 pm »
Honestly that was the first set up I tried.  It wouldnt find the paks in the paks folder in the SD:\apps\OpenBor location.  I had the games extracted as.pak as well.  So as far as I go I'm not gonna bother doing something I been doing for quite a few times.  No disrespect, but honestly it's slightly aggravating to try the same routine over and over again, when I know for a fact it wont work.

As far as the issue goes....I've honestly described it enough times as is....Even made a video that showed the four sub folders in SD:/apps/OpenBor as being on the SD card root after using OpenBor the first time with me simply taking the paks folder with game files in it at SD:/apps/OpenBor and placing it where the empty paks folder was at my SD card root.  That's as much as I'm divulging.  I'm tired of describing it over and over and over again.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2010, 07:55:03 pm by nightwishfan1 »

Offline SX

• Administrator
    • LavaLit
« Reply #41 on: January 01, 2010, 07:42:30 pm »
I tried looking for your video, but all i get is a link error when I click on it.  Please repost your link so I can investigate it further..... no attitude please.

Also....
SD:\apps\OpenBor

That is incorrect.  It should be...
SD:/apps/OpenBOR

OpenBOR is case sensitive with its directory structures.....

Offline nightwishfan1

« Reply #42 on: January 01, 2010, 07:44:55 pm »
Well I didnt know that was incorrect.  Used wrong backslash.  It's still the same thing on my card as you described.  It's just me typing incorrectly, but my laptop does display card contents properly.  As for my video I honestly deleted it from my computer so that's why it's missing from megaupload at the moment.  It didnt help things anyway, but if you'll be on for a bit longer I can make a new video.  The only thing I wont be able to show you is when I check my SD card after using OpenBor as you described.  Cause after I use with all everything at SD:/apps/OpenBor it creates empty folders of paks, screenshots, saves, and saves at my SD root.

And sorry for the attitude but when someone acts like something cant be doing whats being described and being told to do the same thing I tried the very first time like I got no clue what I'm doing is a bit frustrating honestly.  No attitude in this message.  Just saying.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2010, 07:55:44 pm by nightwishfan1 »

Offline SX

• Administrator
    • LavaLit
« Reply #43 on: January 01, 2010, 07:50:11 pm »
Where is your video?  So I can investigate the issue...

Offline nightwishfan1

« Reply #44 on: January 01, 2010, 07:53:28 pm »
I edited my above post.  Didnt want to double post in case you were checking out other things on the site.  It explains what I did with my video.

0%

mighty
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal