Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

What openbor you prefer: Double dragon,battletoads or final fight !? by lirexpatrio
[December 07, 2012, 07:15:27 pm]

what are your favorite games OpenBOR?! by lirexpatrio
[December 07, 2012, 07:09:46 pm]

Post Some Awesome Videos by maxman
[December 07, 2012, 05:51:39 pm]

Can @cmd playmusic "aaaa" 1 also increse music sound ? by BeasTie
[December 07, 2012, 05:24:38 pm]

Streets of Rage: Silent Storm by mtrain
[December 07, 2012, 03:45:05 pm]

Site will be down for maintenance on 12/8/2012 thru 12/10/2012 by Damon Caskey
[December 07, 2012, 07:42:42 am]

Cancelled SOR 3d Remake by riccochet
[December 07, 2012, 03:58:33 am]

Dungeon Fighter: B.O.R. by msmalik681
[December 07, 2012, 03:24:27 am]

[TUTORIAL] How to create 4 Games of OpenBOR in 1 CD (650 MB) by magggas
[December 06, 2012, 09:46:25 pm]

custknife by Bloodbane
[December 06, 2012, 09:34:09 pm]

blockfx help by B.Kardi
[December 06, 2012, 04:09:14 pm]

street of age 4 hd by corradlo
[December 06, 2012, 01:41:36 pm]

ClaFan - Classic Fantasy ver 1.17 by soniczxblade
[December 06, 2012, 05:01:20 am]

Bug Archive by Bloodbane
[December 06, 2012, 02:00:44 am]

"Bio-Doom" and "Gears of Doom" by BulletBob
[December 05, 2012, 10:07:21 pm]

Contra Locked 'N' Loaded v2 by Bloodbane
[December 05, 2012, 09:39:43 pm]

Downloadable OpenBoR Manual by BeasTie
[December 05, 2012, 08:31:24 pm]

Having trouble testing changes by B.Kardi
[December 05, 2012, 03:05:53 pm]

DragonBall Absalon by msmalik681
[December 05, 2012, 02:52:13 pm]

[Hi-Res] Swamp by Vibrant
[December 05, 2012, 10:47:14 am]

• Dot Guests: 133
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

Author Topic: Wii support is here?  (Read 27660 times)

Offline SX

• Administrator
    • LavaLit
Re: Wii support is here?
« Reply #15 on: December 25, 2009, 04:26:32 am »
It has been released.

Offline selfboot

« Reply #16 on: December 30, 2009, 01:00:35 pm »
can not play anymods,why?

Offline kungpow12345

• Developer
« Reply #17 on: December 30, 2009, 01:26:35 pm »
This is definitely a Christmas present for alot of us, including me after seeing OpenBoR playing on the Wii almost a year ago, very unoptimized btw. SX took the ball and rolled with it and now we have this! Very nice!

I haven't had a chance to play with this yet but I did have a few questions:

1) Is there support for widescreen mods in this port or are we limited to full screen mods?
2) Can true color support be used as well?
3) Any plans on adding wiimote and nunchuk gestures to Openbor mods? (like the input command for special moves)

I'm going to try to jump on this and test it this weekend now that most of the holidays are over with and done, thank God! Thanks again for this SX!

Offline Plombo

• Your source for useful modding tools!
« Reply #18 on: December 30, 2009, 03:08:16 pm »
can not play anymods,why?

The rest of us can, so you'll have to be a lot more specific than that about what your problem is.

Offline nightwishfan1

« Reply #19 on: December 30, 2009, 05:10:37 pm »
^^^I can probably shed some light on that Plombo....At least as far as my specific problem goes, and as for selfboot I assume he didnt place the paks, logs, screenshots, and saves folder onto the SD card root, which is where they belong.  Now my specific problem is about OpenBor Wii apparantly not creating it's OpenBorlog.txt in the logs folder for w/e reason.  Every pak I attempt to load has OpenBor responding that OpenBorlog.txt not found, and subsequently as a result the selected pak will not load at all.  This happens on each pak I have attempted to load.  This may become selfboots problem also, as well as a few other end users of the program.

I even went and used the pc version to generate the OpenBorlog.txt to use on the Wii version thinking there shouldnt be too much of a radical difference for it not to work, and subsequently placed it into the logs folder, loaded up OpenBor and a pak again, and recieved the same message about the log file not found.  So apparantly it seems in some situations OpenBor isnt creating it's log file, which is somehow necessary to run the pak files.  I wish I could yield more information than that, but it's what I have observed thus far with the Wii port.  I also notified SX via the main pages section for the newest release build in the comments area.

Also to clarify on exactly what I'm doing.  I'm loading pc version paks as I assume the Wii port of OpenBor uses those only, and I've noticed that some paks are specific to a set port.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2009, 05:12:40 pm by nightwishfan1 »

Offline Plombo

« Reply #20 on: December 30, 2009, 09:21:34 pm »
You do have the Paks, Saves, Logs and ScreenShots folders beside the OpenBOR executable in sd:/apps/OpenBOR/, right?

Offline nightwishfan1

« Reply #21 on: December 31, 2009, 02:39:09 pm »
No.  I tried that the first time and OpenBor wouldnt pick up the paks from the apps location.  After it wouldnt work I assumed the folders would need to be moved to the SD card root.  So i shut my Wii off, took the card out and placed in my laptop to move the paks, screenshots, saves, and logs folders out of the apps location.  However when I went do so I noticed those same four folders were at my SD cards root, and empty.  I proceeded to delete only the paks folder from the root of my SD card and took the paks from the OpenBor apps directory and moved that to the root.  Afterward I deleted those four folders from the OpenBor apps directory, and again attempted to load the program.  

This time it picked up the paks from the paks folder at the SD card root.  However upon trying to load one I immediately got the message that OpenBorlog.txt was not found.  The only thing it let me do was use the home button on my Wiimote to go back to the loader screen.  Every other pak I had in my paks folder gave the same error.

That's when I decided to use the win version of OpenBor so I could obtain a copy of that log file assuming it would work, but again got the message that OpenBorlog.txt was missing.  So I dont know what is going on.  Currently the way I have the program set up is OpenBor folder with icon, xml, and boot.dol files in it at the apps location.  Nothing else.  The paks, screenshots, saves, and log folders are at the SD card root.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2009, 02:47:07 pm by nightwishfan1 »

Offline Plombo

« Reply #22 on: December 31, 2009, 04:17:16 pm »
Well, the folders belong in the sd:/apps/OpenBOR directory.  Also, are you using the latest build?

Also, OpenBorLog.txt shouldn't be needed to run OpenBOR.

Offline nightwishfan1

« Reply #23 on: December 31, 2009, 05:53:31 pm »
Well I got no idea what's up with it.  With the paks folder in the SD:/apps directory it wont read the paks.  The other folders were there with it as well. With the paks folder in the SD root it does and says the log file is missing.  So I got no clue unless the logs, saves, and screenshots are supposed to be kept in the SD:/apps directory?

Offline NickyP

• You know, that guy with the pet drum?
    • Personal OpenBOR site.
« Reply #24 on: December 31, 2009, 06:29:24 pm »
All of OpenBORs folders (Screenshots, Saves, Paks, Logs, etc) have to be SD:/apps/OpenBOR. So, the pak files go in SD:/apps/OpenBOR/Paks.

Offline nightwishfan1

« Reply #25 on: December 31, 2009, 08:00:26 pm »
Ok.  I'll take one more stab at it with those 4 folders back in the apps directory.

Edit:  I tried that again with the folders back in the apps directory and the exact error I'm getting is "No Mods in Paks Folder!".  It's kind of a shame to, cause I got almost a GB worth of mods, and they just arent being picked up in the OpenBor apps directory.  Anyways pushing any buttons results in a crash with the following stack dump

8007ec40-->80033564-->800e12ec-->800043cc-->80119a8c-->80119a2c

Edit 2:  Just inspected my SD card.  I had moved the paks, screenshots, saves, and logs folders from my SD card root to the OpenBor apps directory prior to running OpenBor again, and guess what?  They are now back on my SD cards root as empty folders.  The originals I had moved to the OpenBor apps directory are unchanged.  It's only happening when I run OpenBor so something is really screwed up here, or you guys are pulling my chain by saying I need the above four folders in the OpenBor apps directory, cause I'm seeing this folder creation process by OpenBor as directory pathways through which OpenBor is finding mods and other files.  I really got no explanation for it unless something is really bugged in your code where the program is supposed to search its OpenBor apps directory for the mods and it creates those four folders at my SD root.

All in all I cant exactly enjoy this program on my Wii until the issue gets sorted out.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2009, 08:26:04 pm by nightwishfan1 »

Offline nightwishfan1

« Reply #26 on: December 31, 2009, 09:21:52 pm »
Sorry for double posting, but editing my previous post is proving problematic, as I cant quite see what I'm typing, as the bottom of the text field I'm using is jumping up and down at every keystroke.  I guess that's due to my last post containing a lot of characters or whatever.

Anyways I made a video with my laptop to show the problem.  You'll note that I dont use OpenBor first, but instead use a Wii app called Wad Manager 1.5 Multi-Mod V2.  It may not be seen clearly with the distance my laptop is sitting from the tv screen, but I used it, as it shows the contents of your SD card when it searches for wad files.  As you'll see I use this feature to display the directories contained on my SD card, and even move close enough so that the names are viewable.  You can make out the OpenBor directories at this point.  After I was done using that program it kicked me back to the Homebrew Channel at which point you see me load up OpenBor.  During the load process of OpenBor I display the Wiimote showing it's activity light to show that I'm not messing around with anything and that my Wii is still active.  From there OpenBor loads up, and displays the mods contained in the Paks folder.  At the end I attempt to load a mod and catch the log was not found error.  However I didnt quite catch it as it the top edge of my tv screen, but it was in red print and you catch a glimpse of that print.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=9WVAL2L7    That's the download link for where I uploaded my video.  Hopefully this can be utilized to figure out exactly what's going on with my OpenBor issue.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2009, 09:23:44 pm by nightwishfan1 »

Offline Plombo

« Reply #27 on: December 31, 2009, 09:29:15 pm »
They don't go in the apps directory.  They go in the apps/OpenBOR directory.

And what mod are you trying to run?

Offline nightwishfan1

« Reply #28 on: December 31, 2009, 09:38:39 pm »
The most downloaded complete mods from this site, and one I found called Codename Sailor V.  They all give the same issue.  And I also tried placing them in my OpenBor apps folder.....SD:\apps\OpenBor\Paks  correct?  I'm not stupid.  I had them there.  My video shows those directories at the root of my card and OpenBor finding them for w/e odd reason.  I absolutely dont get this.

Anyway just please watch my video and you'll see.  Wad Manager 1.5 Multi Mod V2 even shows it's looking in the SD card root.  After that I go back to the Homebrew Channel and load OpenBor which picks up the mods from the Paks folder at the SD card root.  I really dont know what else to tell you guys.  I seriously dont, and it's frustrating the heck out of me that it's not evident to you what's happening without me going through the hassle I just went through.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2009, 09:50:53 pm by nightwishfan1 »

Offline NickyP

• You know, that guy with the pet drum?
    • Personal OpenBOR site.
« Reply #29 on: December 31, 2009, 10:31:58 pm »
Do you have the absolute latest Wii build? 2615? Because I believe 2603 sometimes had a problem where it would say "No paks in Paks folder!" despite how many paks you have.

Also... dumb question, but you did extract the paks from the compressed archives, right? As in you have .pak's in the Paks folder and not .zip or .rar?

0%

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal