Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

What openbor you prefer: Double dragon,battletoads or final fight !? by lirexpatrio
[December 07, 2012, 07:15:27 pm]

what are your favorite games OpenBOR?! by lirexpatrio
[December 07, 2012, 07:09:46 pm]

Post Some Awesome Videos by maxman
[December 07, 2012, 05:51:39 pm]

Can @cmd playmusic "aaaa" 1 also increse music sound ? by BeasTie
[December 07, 2012, 05:24:38 pm]

Streets of Rage: Silent Storm by mtrain
[December 07, 2012, 03:45:05 pm]

Site will be down for maintenance on 12/8/2012 thru 12/10/2012 by Damon Caskey
[December 07, 2012, 07:42:42 am]

Cancelled SOR 3d Remake by riccochet
[December 07, 2012, 03:58:33 am]

Dungeon Fighter: B.O.R. by msmalik681
[December 07, 2012, 03:24:27 am]

[TUTORIAL] How to create 4 Games of OpenBOR in 1 CD (650 MB) by magggas
[December 06, 2012, 09:46:25 pm]

custknife by Bloodbane
[December 06, 2012, 09:34:09 pm]

blockfx help by B.Kardi
[December 06, 2012, 04:09:14 pm]

street of age 4 hd by corradlo
[December 06, 2012, 01:41:36 pm]

ClaFan - Classic Fantasy ver 1.17 by soniczxblade
[December 06, 2012, 05:01:20 am]

Bug Archive by Bloodbane
[December 06, 2012, 02:00:44 am]

"Bio-Doom" and "Gears of Doom" by BulletBob
[December 05, 2012, 10:07:21 pm]

Contra Locked 'N' Loaded v2 by Bloodbane
[December 05, 2012, 09:39:43 pm]

Downloadable OpenBoR Manual by BeasTie
[December 05, 2012, 08:31:24 pm]

Having trouble testing changes by B.Kardi
[December 05, 2012, 03:05:53 pm]

DragonBall Absalon by msmalik681
[December 05, 2012, 02:52:13 pm]

[Hi-Res] Swamp by Vibrant
[December 05, 2012, 10:47:14 am]

• Dot Guests: 118
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

Author Topic: Martial Masters (Demo) UPDATED  (Read 7543 times)

Offline bWWd

Re: Martial Masters (Beta) / The Gladiator
« Reply #15 on: January 26, 2012, 07:27:01 pm »
you need a plan if you would like to make mod which is easy to edit and adding new stuff is quick, so its best to make a list with all pain anims and make one playable and one enemy with all needed anims, cause if you decide to have some flames and fire attacks and you have to edit 20 enemies to give them burn animation then its not nice, you can avoid this by making plan.you can skip a lot of steps especially with editing offsets and you can just paste new gif/png frames over old ones to make new enemies and adjust delays in animations.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2012, 07:28:52 pm by bWWd »

Count Monte

« Reply #16 on: January 26, 2012, 08:13:06 pm »
Got it.  I should be able to make that happen.  Thanks for the advice!

Offline ALUCARD2009

« Reply #17 on: January 27, 2012, 12:35:19 am »
Good idéa for the project and very promising mod!your demo work Well on psp,but,be carefull,the ennemy are too strong for the heroes.

Offline BurnKing

« Reply #18 on: January 27, 2012, 01:20:09 am »
titan and the barbarian from GHW  :cheers!:

glad to see you liked it.
Fight Night Champ

Mods: BurnKingdom Chapter One
         Marvel Super Heroes
         Guardian Heroes: WarPath

WIP:   BurnKingdom Chapter Two

Count Monte

« Reply #19 on: January 27, 2012, 05:02:19 am »
Hey guys, I wouldn't call it a demo -- it's a template/WIP.  The idea was to put something out in case anyone wanted to collaborate and build on it.

Offline bWWd

« Reply #20 on: January 27, 2012, 07:20:20 am »
You really need to  update openbor version cause the one that you have is with bug which wont let do chain combos properly.
I looked into chars and theres so many problems with attack boxes, they arent alligned properly in chain attack, all attack boxes in chain combo should have proper size to work without problems and for example attack2 shouldnt have smaller bbox than attack1 cause it will miss sometimes.
I dont really have time to explain everything but it would be better if you would take someone elses mod and start to copy/paste martial masters sprites over it.
Also you need to disable attack after one frame, most of the time. Not at the end of animation.Sometimes theres exception with specials and moves which can "catch" enemy on any frame of animation but basically you shouldnt be able to hit enemy when your leg is not there in the air anymore while youre ending your kick.
Enemies have too short pain anim, its hard to do chain attacks.
BBOX in idle and pain anim should be the same one, otherwise attacker will miss sometimes.This is a bit offset dependant but your chars have it wrong anyway.
Im editing some stuff to see how it goes.
---
OK i edited tiger and enemy, also fixed stage and game still needs juggle counter to prevent player getting hit so many times in midair.I changed also gravity in stage.
What you need is to rip every possible sprite for enemies as well, their pain anim is only 1 sprite, im not sure if it was like that in original game.
Anyway... martial masters is one of my fav but game is too complicated to be able to convert it to openbor and give it a justice and it wouldnt be easy task.This game is for people who really like fighting games and if you would do poor imitation they would whine about it, so... i dont know i gave you a lot of "sh**t" cause of bboxes and offsets already as you see, i wanted to add some martial masters chars to my fightin spirit mod long time ago but drawing style dont match at all, its more like capcom SF alpha style but stretched because of res.
Here is edit :
http://www.mediafire.com/?bstddbld9jkn3jj
I you dont feel strong enough to do the game justice then dont force yourself, i dont want to be rude but i saw some mistakes when editing with openborstats and some of them are made by very beginners.Its really best to take someone elses mod and edit his stuff,  you can learn from it much faster.
You need also figure out how much damage will cause chain combo and how much life would enemies have so for example one chain combo will kill enemy on last attack on easiest difficulty.I always give last attack most power cause people tend to cheat with attack 1 2 3 repeating them all the time without hitting last 4 knockdown attack.So if you give small amounts of damage to first attacks that could solve problem also could improve gameplay cause enemy will die most of the time on knockdown attack.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2012, 09:46:34 am by bWWd »

Count Monte

« Reply #21 on: January 27, 2012, 12:09:35 pm »
Thanks bWWd, downloading now.

I guess I wasn't clear when I explained that the mod I uploaded was just what I had so far
1)  Title screen
2) Goresickness Martial Masters chars (Monk and Tiger) from his other mod
3)  Knights of Valour enemy from BurnKing's mod

I uploaded the PAK because someone asked me to, I assumed so they could get the files as you did and try some edits etc.

The idea is to make a side scroller, which has the play mechanics of THE GLADIATOR, using Martial Masters and KOV sprites. 
« Last Edit: January 27, 2012, 12:11:41 pm by Count Monte »

Count Monte

« Reply #22 on: January 27, 2012, 02:35:42 pm »
Okay, I added Drunken Master.  Right now he doesn't have juggles etc.  You can download and test him out -- I'll need some help on how to improve/add attacks (follows etc).
VIDEO: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sZ_KEp886ug

DOWNLOAD: http://www.mediafire.com/?bb8fy6ljafl2f23

I'd like to be able to bounce enemies off the walls (side of screen) like in this video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ETTbjyODKy4&feature=related
« Last Edit: January 27, 2012, 02:52:54 pm by Count Monte »

Offline ALUCARD2009

« Reply #23 on: January 27, 2012, 05:12:40 pm »
fantastic!!!!it's great to play with drunken master.please add master huang!!!!!very good demo!! ;)

Count Monte

« Reply #24 on: January 27, 2012, 05:30:48 pm »
Hey Alucard, I'm hoping this will be a group collaboration and somebody else will do Master Huang.  I provided the link to my Martial Masters MUGEN game so people can download and get Master Huang's sprites, sound fx (and all the other characters).  I'm going to keep working on Drunken Master so he will be a template and everyone can then make the other characters using the same template.

Assuming anyone is motivated to work on this besides me ;)

Offline HideRaisen

• Be fair to others as you are to yourself.
« Reply #25 on: January 27, 2012, 05:48:17 pm »
I interested since I'm taking a break from my mod, so if Master Huang is still open I can make him for you if it'd alright Count Monte? Just tell me how many freespecial you want and etc.
*Current MOD*
- In progress - The Last Blade Hell's Gate
(34% Complete)

Offline ALUCARD2009

« Reply #26 on: January 27, 2012, 05:59:49 pm »
i understand count mount(thank you hideraisen if you take master huang)i confirm the lastest version of your mod with drunken master work on psp slim.

Count Monte

« Reply #27 on: January 27, 2012, 06:02:42 pm »
Awesome!  Yes, if you could make Master Huang that would be fantastic.   Check out this video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ETTbjyODKy4&feature=related

Do you think we could create that type of style?

As for # of freespecial, do as many as you need.  I'll update Drunken Master to fit what you do, and then that can be the template for the rest of the game.
My thought is we start with 2 playable chars (Huang and Drunk), and later can add Crane.  We'll need help making the bosses (Lotus Master, Scorpion and Monk).  Each boss can have their own style, and since Monk already was started maybe someone can edit him further and he'll be the first boss.

Also, I'm messing around with juggles (never tried it before) - I took the AniSc script from Mixmasters, and used this command after Drunken Master's knock down attacks:
@cmd   tossentityduringfall 1 5 0

That launches the enemy into the air.  I haven't uploaded these changes as I'm still playing with it, but I assume that we'll need something like that to get the Gladiators style combos.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2012, 06:05:18 pm by Count Monte »

Offline HideRaisen

• Be fair to others as you are to yourself.
« Reply #28 on: January 27, 2012, 06:32:22 pm »
 :) Alright sound cool I will start on Master Huang now and try out that AniSc script you mention for juggling. When I'm done I will post it for everyone to try it out for those who are helping as well.
*Current MOD*
- In progress - The Last Blade Hell's Gate
(34% Complete)

Count Monte

« Reply #29 on: January 27, 2012, 06:48:37 pm »
Fantastic:)

I'll keep posting my findings with the juggle.  I have a copy of GLADIATOR here, and here's how it works:

1) If you hit Attack once, you punch.  Hitting several times has you move forward while unleashing combos (so we either do this with Attack2 and Attack3 OR we can do with follows.  The combo juggles the enemy, launching them into the air.  The final move is an uppercut type combo, so the player jumps up into the air following the enemy and continues hitting them.

2)  Special works the same (barrage attack that blasts enemies/juggles them while draining players health

3) Jump and Jump attack works as normal

4)  There's a dodge/evade button.  We can worry about this later:)

5) Freespecial works the same (D, DF, F) , player moves forward and unleashes combo that juggles enemy

Right now I'm concentrating on how to get the combo/juggle mechanics working properly, and any advice is much appreciated.

0%

mighty
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal