Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

What openbor you prefer: Double dragon,battletoads or final fight !? by lirexpatrio
[December 07, 2012, 07:15:27 pm]

what are your favorite games OpenBOR?! by lirexpatrio
[December 07, 2012, 07:09:46 pm]

Post Some Awesome Videos by maxman
[December 07, 2012, 05:51:39 pm]

Can @cmd playmusic "aaaa" 1 also increse music sound ? by BeasTie
[December 07, 2012, 05:24:38 pm]

Streets of Rage: Silent Storm by mtrain
[December 07, 2012, 03:45:05 pm]

Site will be down for maintenance on 12/8/2012 thru 12/10/2012 by Damon Caskey
[December 07, 2012, 07:42:42 am]

Cancelled SOR 3d Remake by riccochet
[December 07, 2012, 03:58:33 am]

Dungeon Fighter: B.O.R. by msmalik681
[December 07, 2012, 03:24:27 am]

[TUTORIAL] How to create 4 Games of OpenBOR in 1 CD (650 MB) by magggas
[December 06, 2012, 09:46:25 pm]

custknife by Bloodbane
[December 06, 2012, 09:34:09 pm]

blockfx help by B.Kardi
[December 06, 2012, 04:09:14 pm]

street of age 4 hd by corradlo
[December 06, 2012, 01:41:36 pm]

ClaFan - Classic Fantasy ver 1.17 by soniczxblade
[December 06, 2012, 05:01:20 am]

Bug Archive by Bloodbane
[December 06, 2012, 02:00:44 am]

"Bio-Doom" and "Gears of Doom" by BulletBob
[December 05, 2012, 10:07:21 pm]

Contra Locked 'N' Loaded v2 by Bloodbane
[December 05, 2012, 09:39:43 pm]

Downloadable OpenBoR Manual by BeasTie
[December 05, 2012, 08:31:24 pm]

Having trouble testing changes by B.Kardi
[December 05, 2012, 03:05:53 pm]

DragonBall Absalon by msmalik681
[December 05, 2012, 02:52:13 pm]

[Hi-Res] Swamp by Vibrant
[December 05, 2012, 10:47:14 am]

• Dot Guests: 127
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

Author Topic: Knights & Dragons: The Endless Quest  (Read 10196 times)

Offline Pierwolf

• Pierwolf's Magic chamber of abstract theories about relativity of Karma and metempsychosis
Knights & Dragons: The Endless Quest
« on: February 11, 2012, 08:12:31 am »
hi everybody!

i think it's time to show you the first images of my next game: Knights & Dragons: The Endless Quest!
i'm trying to make something that reminds of an open word game, while trying to stay close to the original feeling of the 90' classic capcom fantasy games... as you can see from the attached picture, there will be a map with many locations to explore, whose difficulty will change according to its colors ( green = easy; yellow = normal; blue =hard; red = very hard).

the picture show also a new playable character, the Knight, a sort of Dan from street fighter, a weakest character to try to beat the game with more difficulty.

i've ripped a lot of sprites from the classic capcom fantasy games, and made a lot of sprite editing; as you can see, there are new enemies (there will be a lot of them), and new attacks; now even the chars from king of dragons will be able to make combos pressing repeatedly the attack button.

i hope to be able to show you a demo in a short time; in the meantime, stay tuned for more news!  :cheers!:

UPDATE:

The demo is finally completed! i've uploaded it here on lavalit and on rapidshare, so while waiting for the moderators to approve it, here it is the rapidshare link to download

https://rapidshare.com/files/2489368282/KDEQ_Demo.7z

And here it is the lavalit link:
http://lavalit.com:8080/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=241
it includes 3 playable characters and 5 quests.
so try it and let me know what you think about. Enjoy!
« Last Edit: February 16, 2012, 06:43:19 pm by Pierwolf »
My current project:

Knights & Dragons: The Endless Quest - COMPLETE!

Offline k of evil

• Learn, learn, learn to learn!
    • Brazil OpenBor
Re: Knights & Dragons: The Endless Quest
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2012, 08:15:25 am »
looks like very great I'll wait! good work!
easy - low happy - overpower feelings
normal - normal happy - normal feelings
hard - high happy - rage feelings

Offline MatMan

« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2012, 08:22:45 am »
That looks great. Can't wait  :wow!:

Hope you add things like weapon upgrades, shops etc.

Offline nedflandeurse

• A.K.A. NED
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2012, 12:13:51 pm »
I love the concept.
Do your best! ;)

Offline Count Monte

« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2012, 12:25:21 pm »
Heck yeah!  Cannot wait to play this!

Offline Hanzo

• One for Da Hood
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2012, 01:43:41 pm »
this is definitely worth playing can't wait!

Keepin it Old School

Offline zvitor

« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2012, 02:21:29 pm »

hi man, im working at one mugen project, and we want to add some char of king of dragons (probably elf or knight)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=70ie2KiXMJc
so you said you have some custom sprites, this could help us, and check our chars maybe u could want some of our sprites to your game too.

Offline BadChad

« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2012, 06:59:49 pm »
Very Nice. I actually just got around to trying Knights & Dragons for the first time a couple of days ago and was really impressed. Good luck with this new project.

Mighty Final Fight Mod In Progress

Offline NickyP

• You know, that guy with the pet drum?
    • Personal OpenBOR site.
« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2012, 02:57:14 am »
Looks great man. Can't wait!

Offline DJGameFreakTheIguana

• Credit to Vyck_St.Judas, Edited by me.
« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2012, 03:29:43 am »
Lookin' really tight peirwolf, as your mods always do. Can't wait to see what else get done on this, so get to gettin' busy!  ;D

X)

Offline BeasTie

« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2012, 03:35:51 am »
Looking really tight, I really love the overhead map, nice font, good job getting that 90s feel.

@DJ dammit you just posted as I did, cant be bothered changing my wording lol

Offline Pierwolf

• Pierwolf's Magic chamber of abstract theories about relativity of Karma and metempsychosis
« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2012, 06:38:04 pm »
UPDATE:

The demo is finally completed! i've uploaded it here on lavalit and on rapidshare, so while waiting for the moderators to approve it, here it is the rapidshare link to download

https://rapidshare.com/files/2489368282/KDEQ_Demo.7z

And here it is the lavalit link:
http://lavalit.com:8080/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=241

it includes 3 playable characters and 5 quests.
so try it and let me know what you think about. Enjoy!
« Last Edit: February 16, 2012, 06:43:36 pm by Pierwolf »
My current project:

Knights & Dragons: The Endless Quest - COMPLETE!

Offline Count Monte

« Reply #12 on: February 16, 2012, 09:25:51 pm »
Pierwolf, congratulations on this mod!  It's fantastic!  Love the open world idea, the map looks great and the difficulty choices is a nice idea.  Music is cool, love the vibe.
You should allow the player to own their own house/castle (like the tavern, only you can resupply there?)

I assume you'll add lots of other enemy and boss types to keep the variety going.  Btw, if you need more backgrounds, check out the first level in the Martial Masters/Gladiator mod (you'll have to download the mediafire one).  BonusJZ used it in his Golden Axe demo and I was wondering where he found it.  I finally found it in Knights of Valour 2 Nine Dragons and ripped it.  It looks like a fort and has a bridge leading to a cave.   

Big thumbs up, can't wait to play the final!

Offline HideRaisen

• Be fair to others as you are to yourself.
« Reply #13 on: February 16, 2012, 09:38:58 pm »
Cool something to play on a Thursday night thank you Pierwolf!

Just plain awesome! :laughing:
*Current MOD*
- In progress - The Last Blade Hell's Gate
(34% Complete)

Offline HideRaisen

• Be fair to others as you are to yourself.
« Reply #14 on: February 16, 2012, 09:57:15 pm »
Ok I have tried it out on openbor build 3669.7 and close it self when I move to any of the marked point on world map endless quest. I will wait for a fix or you just upload the openbor engine your using thanks.

Here's the log:

Code: [Select]
sound_load_sample: Failed to load: data/sounds/stand.wav

Command ';----------------------------------------attack' not understood in file 'data/chars/fighter/fighter.txt'!Command ';----------------------------------------attack' not understood in file 'data/chars/fighter/fighter.txt'!Command ';----------------------------------------attack' not understood in file 'data/chars/fighter/fighter.txt'!Command ';----------------------------------------attack' not understood in file 'data/chars/fighter/fighter.txt'!Command ';----------------------------------------burn' not understood in file 'data/chars/fighter/fighter.txt'!Command ';----------------------------------------burn' not understood in file 'data/chars/fighter/fighter.txt'!Command ';----------------------------------------shock' not understood in file 'data/chars/fighter/fighter.txt'!Command ';----------------------------------------shock' not understood in file 'data/chars/fighter/fighter.txt'!Command ';----------------------------------------freeze' not understood in file 'data/chars/fighter/fighter.txt'!Command ';----------------------------------------freeze' not understood in file 'data/chars/fighter/fighter.txt'!Command ';----------------------------------------polymorph' not understood in file 'data/chars/fighter/fighter.txt'!Command ';----------------------------------------polymorph' not understood in file 'data/chars/fighter/fighter.txt'!Command ';----------------------------------------tornado' not understood in file 'data/chars/fighter/fighter.txt'!Command ';----------------------------------------tornado' not understood in file 'data/chars/fighter/fighter.txt'!Command ';----------------------------------------hold' not understood in file 'data/chars/fighter/fighter.txt'!Loading 'Hold' from data/chars/misc/hold/hold.txt
Command ';----------------------------------------hold' not understood in file 'data/chars/fighter/fighter.txt'!Loading 'Dust02' from data/chars/misc/dust02/dust02.txt
Loading 'bomb' from data/chars/misc/bomb/bomb.txt
Loading 'Fighter' from data/chars/fighter/fighter.txt
Loading 'ma1' from data/chars/misc/magic/ma1.txt
Loading 'ma3' from data/chars/misc/magic/ma3.txt
Loading 'ma6' from data/chars/misc/magic/ma6.txt

Command ';----------------------------------------attack' not understood in file 'data/chars/wizard/wizard.txt'!Command ';----------------------------------------attack' not understood in file 'data/chars/wizard/wizard.txt'!Command ';----------------------------------------attack' not understood in file 'data/chars/wizard/wizard.txt'!Command ';----------------------------------------attack' not understood in file 'data/chars/wizard/wizard.txt'!Command ';----------------------------------------burn' not understood in file 'data/chars/wizard/wizard.txt'!Command ';----------------------------------------burn' not understood in file 'data/chars/wizard/wizard.txt'!Command ';----------------------------------------shock' not understood in file 'data/chars/wizard/wizard.txt'!Command ';----------------------------------------shock' not understood in file 'data/chars/wizard/wizard.txt'!Command ';----------------------------------------freeze' not understood in file 'data/chars/wizard/wizard.txt'!Command ';----------------------------------------freeze' not understood in file 'data/chars/wizard/wizard.txt'!Command ';----------------------------------------polymorph' not understood in file 'data/chars/wizard/wizard.txt'!Command ';----------------------------------------polymorph' not understood in file 'data/chars/wizard/wizard.txt'!Command ';----------------------------------------tornado' not understood in file 'data/chars/wizard/wizard.txt'!Command ';----------------------------------------tornado' not understood in file 'data/chars/wizard/wizard.txt'!Command ';----------------------------------------hold' not understood in file 'data/chars/wizard/wizard.txt'!Command ';----------------------------------------hold' not understood in file 'data/chars/wizard/wizard.txt'!Loading 'istorm' from data/chars/misc/istorm/istorm.txt
Command 'attack{' not understood in file 'data/chars/misc/fball/fball.txt'!Loading 'fball' from data/chars/misc/fball/fball.txt
Command 'attack{' not understood in file 'data/chars/misc/lbolt/lbolt.txt'!Command 'attack{' not understood in file 'data/chars/misc/lbolt/lbolt.txt'!Command 'attack{' not understood in file 'data/chars/misc/lbolt/lbolt.txt'!Command 'attack{' not understood in file 'data/chars/misc/lbolt/lbolt.txt'!Command 'attack{' not understood in file 'data/chars/misc/lbolt/lbolt.txt'!Command 'attack{' not understood in file 'data/chars/misc/lbolt/lbolt.txt'!Loading 'Lbolt' from data/chars/misc/lbolt/lbolt.txt
Command 'attack{' not understood in file 'data/chars/misc/tornado/tornado.txt'!Loading 'tornado' from data/chars/misc/tornado/tornado.txt
Loading 'Wizard' from data/chars/wizard/wizard.txt

Command ';----------------------------------------attack' not understood in file 'data/chars/knight/knight.txt'!Command ';----------------------------------------attack' not understood in file 'data/chars/knight/knight.txt'!Command ';----------------------------------------attack' not understood in file 'data/chars/knight/knight.txt'!Command ';----------------------------------------attack' not understood in file 'data/chars/knight/knight.txt'!Command ';----------------------------------------burn' not understood in file 'data/chars/knight/knight.txt'!Command ';----------------------------------------burn' not understood in file 'data/chars/knight/knight.txt'!Command ';----------------------------------------shock' not understood in file 'data/chars/knight/knight.txt'!Command ';----------------------------------------shock' not understood in file 'data/chars/knight/knight.txt'!Command ';----------------------------------------freeze' not understood in file 'data/chars/knight/knight.txt'!Command ';----------------------------------------freeze' not understood in file 'data/chars/knight/knight.txt'!Command ';----------------------------------------polymorph' not understood in file 'data/chars/knight/knight.txt'!Command ';----------------------------------------polymorph' not understood in file 'data/chars/knight/knight.txt'!Command ';----------------------------------------tornado' not understood in file 'data/chars/knight/knight.txt'!Command ';----------------------------------------tornado' not understood in file 'data/chars/knight/knight.txt'!Command ';----------------------------------------hold' not understood in file 'data/chars/knight/knight.txt'!Command ';----------------------------------------hold' not understood in file 'data/chars/knight/knight.txt'!Loading 'Knight' from data/chars/knight/knight.txt
Command ';----------------------------------------attack' not understood in file 'data/chars/travel/travel.txt'!Command ';----------------------------------------attack' not understood in file 'data/chars/travel/travel.txt'!Loading 'Travel' from data/chars/travel/travel.txt
Loading 'ma1hit' from data/chars/misc/magic/ma1hit.txt
Loading 'mmhit' from data/chars/misc/mm/mmhit.txt
Loading 'Flash01' from data/chars/misc/flash01/flash01.txt
Loading 'guard01' from data/chars/misc/guard01/guard01.txt
Loading 'Dust01' from data/chars/misc/dust01/dust01.txt
*Current MOD*
- In progress - The Last Blade Hell's Gate
(34% Complete)

0%

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal